The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frostcaster Motif only has 5 Mimic Stones?

Pandorii
Pandorii
✭✭✭✭✭
^ Worth costing 200 crowns less?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forecaster motif? I'm assuming it comes with a "Change Weather" spell too. Or maybe +1 to Divination spells.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It costs 2000 crowns, which is 200 less than the Grim Harlequin motif.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be a typo, someone forgot a 0 or something after the 5... Thats not even enough for 1 character to be fully covered.

Edited by Runs on 15 December 2016 15:26
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    This has to be a typo, someone forgot a 0 or something after the 5... Thats not even enough for 1 character to be fully covered.

That's a really good point... maybe it is a typo. Probably they're expecting us to keep the mimic stones we are getting from crown crates.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is this correct?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's enough for a 5pc set at least...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of typos, the title of this thread confused me at first. "What are we predicting?" :D

If it's just five, I guess I can stop debating whether or not I want to buy it, and set this as a NO. Crowns will remain squirreled away for future offering.

I only bought the other one because of the stock of Mimic Stones that came with it, making it a decent deal.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    Speaking of typos, the title of this thread confused me at first. "What are we predicting?" :D

If it's just five, I guess I can stop debating whether or not I want to buy it, and set this as a NO. Crowns will remain squirreled away for future offering.

I only bought the other one because of the stock of Mimic Stones that came with it, making it a decent deal.

OOPS. xD I'll be correcting that!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems about right....

There was backlash when we datamined the first two Crown Store Exclusive motifs. ZOS solution seems to have been to provide a good deal for the first Crown Store Exclusive motif (Grim Harlequin) to avoid as much initial backlash as possible and then slowly worsen the deal.

It wouldn't surprise me if what you see now is the "finalized" price, with perhaps a 500 Crown increase in the future.
    Edited by Vaoh on 15 December 2016 21:33
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Seems about right....

There was backlash when we datamined the first two Crown Store Exclusive motifs. ZOS solution seems to have been to provide a good deal for the first Crown Store Exclusive motif (Skinchanger) to avoid as much initial backlash as possible and then slowly worsen the deal.

It wouldn't surprise me if what you see now is the "finalized" price, with perhaps a 500 Crown increase in the future.

I'm also thinking it was intentional because they added a mimic stone bundle for 1800 crowns in the featured section of the crown store. So the Grim Harlequin package cost 2200 crowns, but the Frostcaster equivalent costs 2000 + 1800 (mimic package).
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Seems about right....

There was backlash when we datamined the first two Crown Store Exclusive motifs. ZOS solution seems to have been to provide a good deal for the first Crown Store Exclusive motif (Skinchanger) to avoid as much initial backlash as possible and then slowly worsen the deal.

First crown store motif was Grim Harlequin. Skinchanger is the new life festival motif from the gifts.
    Edited by BlackEar on 15 December 2016 16:19
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess they are hoping to milk people who liked the Stahlrim from Skyrim.

Pass. Crown Store only motifs are sad enough, especially with very few craftable sets actually worth crafting! But almost doubling the price from the last one, too...

Nope Nope Nope.
    I would have thought they sucked enough money out of people this quarter with the gambling.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, it says 5 in the picture of the stones, but if you hover your mouse over the stones pic, it shows a tiny 54 and the crafting mark in the right corner, above "bind on pickup". Did not buy so can not say anything more certain...
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , maybe the 5 is a typo? Hope so, might buy ;)
  • FoolishHuman
    FoolishHuman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's a great rip-off. Only 5 stones instead of 50 and then put the stones on sale. 5 stones is not even enough to make a complete stahlrim set for one character. And you can't craft it with looted stones. This is shameful. I was really looking forward to this, saved up my subscription crowns, no I don't even know if it's worth it if I have to pay again every time I wanna craft a set.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miaura wrote: »
    Hmm, it says 5 in the picture of the stones, but if you hover your mouse over the stones pic, it shows a tiny 54 and the crafting mark in the right corner, above "bind on pickup". Did not buy so can not say anything more certain...

I can confirm, at least on PS4 NA, that the motif comes with only 5 stones.
  • MetSnau
    MetSnau
    ✭✭

I could be mistaken, but I believe the little crafting mark indicates that you hold that number of that item in your crafting bag.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think it's showing you that you personally have 54 of them in your crafting bag. Mines not showing anything.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • sickboy2808
    sickboy2808
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope its more than 5 as i have also purchased the Motif
    ZOS takes cheating very Lightly. You have been warned, and any cheaters found out will get the Least punishment possible...
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    MetSnau wrote: »

I could be mistaken, but I believe the little crafting mark indicates that you hold that number of that item in your crafting bag.

Oh yes it could be that, I earlier bought the Grim Harlequin motif that had around 50 but have not crafted any yet!
    Ouch then, 5 is not such an inviting number, especially compared to the Grim Harlequin deal.
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this was intended it is exceptionally poor form. Let's hope it's an error.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less crowns than Grim Harlequin.

Less mimic stones than Grim Harlequin.

Was gonna get it but not with only 5 mimic stones.

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

It's enough for a 5pc set at least...

True, but that would probably exclude the weapons? The weapons are the greatest part of the motif. I don't know why they went with 5...
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi folks,

We checked with the Dev team about this for you. The Stalhrim Frostcaster Style Motif comes with 5 Mimic Stones like most other style motifs we sell in the Crown Store. We priced the Stalhrim Frostcaster Style Motif accordingly with this in mind. As some of you have noted, we've also put the Mimic Stone Packs on sale in the Crown Store (25% off now until Jan. 4).

That tooltip you're hovering your mouse over shows how many Mimic Stones you currently have in your inventory. Mine says 59, for example.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, you guys almost made it where it was worth buying phew that was close ZoS! I almost wasted money on your motif!

Edit: please don't tell me it's an incentive for crown crates cuz they drop mimic stones
    Edited by Waffennacht on 15 December 2016 20:50
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

We checked with the Dev team about this for you. The Stalhrim Frostcaster Style Motif comes with 5 Mimic Stones like most other style motifs we sell in the Crown Store. We priced the Stalhrim Frostcaster Style Motif accordingly with this in mind. As some of you have noted, we've also put the Mimic Stone Packs on sale in the Crown Store (25% off now until Jan. 4).

That tooltip you're hovering your mouse over shows how many Mimic Stones you currently have in your inventory. Mine says 59, for example.

But don't all the other motifs sold in the crown store have a method of farming style mats in the game? The Witch Festival one was the exception.

Zenimax has this really great and unique ability to keep finding ways for me to not give them money! It never ceases to amaze me the time spent on developing cool stuff and then making it so I have no desire to buy it.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Hmm that's pretty bad

Considering you're selling something that's crown exclusive but you're not even providing enough function to actually use this

You can't even craft a full set visually which doesn't require all slots but my point is this is a very bad decision to double charge vs bundling the discounted style items with the limited time motif

Are you all hurting financially or is it as it seems, greed?
    Sorry to be blunt but it's a question worth asking from comparison of a similar event previously and how the things like race change are removing skill points permanently but you have ppl thinking to buy skill reset Scrolls may fix it

Please reply as this is concerning
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow lol. I was pretty bummed that I didn't have enough crowns to buy this, because to be honest, who wouldn't want this motif? Now, I don't feel bad about it. Happy Holidays!
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The introduction of Crown Exclusive motifs.
    2. The introduction of Crown Crates.
    3. This.

A troubling trend, to be sure. I'm very eager for a positive trend of some kind.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep annoying that I will have to use crown store mimic stones to make more sets of this
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks,

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thank you so much for clarifying this. At least we can all rest knowing that what is in the store is what we get if we choose to buy.

This isn't particularly aimed at the devs, maybe the marketing team, but I don't think the Frostcaster motif is like the other motifs in the store that come with 5 mimic stones. Those motifs are not crown store exclusive. I think that it is like the Grim Harlequin motif, which cost 2200 crowns and came with 54 mimic stones. The only difference between the two is the appearance of the style, but the item types are identical. One costs 2200, and the other (even with discounted mimic stones) costs ~3800.

That said, I still bought it, but excuse me for thinking practically and realistically speaking that the business practice is a bit shady, or inconsistent at most.