The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Undaunted Event – Activity Finder Feedback

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
During the Undaunted Event that started today, we will be collecting and analyzing data pertaining to the performance of the Activity Finder while the system experiences heavy load. We also want to hear your feedback about the tool and any issues you may experience. For the purposes of this event and stressing the tool, we’d like for this thread to focus only on issues that occur during the Undaunted Celebration (January 9, 10am EST – January 13, 10am EST). Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Detailed summary of the issue
  • Were you queuing solo or with other people?
  • What took place prior to the issue? (possible ways to reproduce the issue)
  • Platform/megaserver
  • Include any screenshots/videos you have
  • Any additional comments or feedback?

Thanks in advance!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Azorean
    Azorean
    ✭✭✭
    EU Server
    2 people Tank & DD - Random Normal

When the event started no problems, insta queue.
    2h intro the event more 10min in the queue, which is weird because he had a tank and the number of people that should be trying to do the event. Canceling and queueing again got insta entry.

A lot better than the last event so far. But prime hour in the EU is arriving.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ps4 qued for random normal as healer. Fast pop. Had a dps decline and went back to que. Waited 5 minutes no pop, requed insta pop and group formed, smashed spindle 2.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no probs,done all 3 dungeons in both servers (EU&NA) got the tickets and going back to pvp

yes, we skipped 2 bosses at Fungal :smiley:
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    full group, gueued to a specific dungeon, after 2 min without pop up we tped there
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to join Vet Darkshade II. It told me my group was ready, so I accepted. It immediately told me the jump had failed because the position had been filled (or something like that). I was, however, in the group (could see other members' damage bars going down and up), just not in the dungeon, still wandering around Stormhold. The group voted to kick another player (so maybe the same happened to them), and then I got kicked, too - rightly because I wasn't able to contribute. Now I have wait until the queue timer counts down.
    Edited by GenjiraX on 9 January 2020 18:05
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC/EU

Ok so far so good

No problem with queue, but only two people in group had dc in row but I don't know if it is related to them or the server
    Edited by Cirantille on 9 January 2020 18:19
  • MachoKen
    MachoKen
    ✭✭✭
    On queue for more than an hour without getting a single match..unacceptable.
  • MachoKen
    MachoKen
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PC/EU btw
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS is like "listen guys it's not like we've failed once again to patch up activity finder. If You'll have any issues it's because we're testing stuff".
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno PS4 NA we're having a problem getting a replacement, waited 5 minutes and then gave up, happened in ICP and BC i'm on DPS and it's not taking long to get into a group.
  • 5cript
    5cript
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't have performance problems when your lfg does nothing. lol.
    (EDIT: Als heal or tank, waiting for a group takes unnaturally long, especially since this is an event)
    Edited by 5cript on 9 January 2020 18:54
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU

Solo Queue as Tank and Healer. My first dungeon as a Tank worked instant. Everything super smooth. Second time got a longer queue around 12-15min, third doesn´t worked at all. No response.

But found out if you switch character or relog, it works always instant. I did 3 dungeons right now (solo one as tank - second heal - third tank again) with instant group invite and port. But if I try do it with the same character a second time you get stuck in the queue.

Btw. server performance isn´t best right now. In popular zones it takes 1-2 min to get into banker or guild store window. It s better in unpopular zones.

Cheers
  • Yormula
    Yormula
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU, solo queue as tank or healer, simple waiting (no combat, no duels, no alttabbing, nothing).

1. Have to restart the queue multiple time (to get an instant pop; otherwise it tends to never pop, but I didn't test going above 5 mins 20 mins today).
    2. In-game mail lags.
    3. Got server-side dc.
    4. Auctions lag.
    Edited by Yormula on 9 January 2020 19:54
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU
    The server is becoming more and more laggy. Players, in every guild I'm in, are complaining they can't search for items in guild stores even when they use specific parameters. There are load screens while walking in nearly empty areas. Plus, the load screens when transporting are very long and hanging some times, even before the peek hours started. Also, chat is lagging too. Please, fix it.

Best Regards
    Edited by Arrodisia on 9 January 2020 19:02
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On a normal day, queing as a tank results in a 10s invite. Today I gave up after 10 minutes, relogged to my DD and soloed FG1 instead.
    I wonder why there is an undaunted event if the inly chance to participate is soloing.
  • MachoKen
    MachoKen
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS still ignoring huh?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queued for random normal with a full group on PC EU
    No effect
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just queued to see how much of an issue it was going to be to get it to pop. Declined the invite.

Results: PC NA, solo healer, queue popped in less than a minute @2:36 pm EST.

Will try more extensive testing later today.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on 9 January 2020 19:41
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been queuing solo on PC/NA this morning without any issues. I am seeing what are typical wait times for me as a DPS of 10 - 20 minutes. I just completed my last daily dungeon. All of the groups have been mixed levels between 40'ish and 810.
  • Yormula
    Yormula
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC EU, full group queue for a specific vet. Results below. Had to keep re-queueing till it worked.

Note: this is absolutely typical everyday performance, yet worse (see above comment).Working precisely as expected.

DbovjS.jpg
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's dead, Jim

dont even need to try on PC/EU... to know it' true! :expressionless:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PC EU

Queued as a premade group - did 4 dungeons. Fast ready check, ported instantly.

Queued solo as a HEALER - 45 minute queue, not a single pop up. Also tried twice as a damage dealer for about 25-30 minutes each. Same thing, not a single pop up.

Edited by Anhedonie on 9 January 2020 20:15
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Hyandar
    Hyandar
    Soul Shriven
    Can't get any random dungeon for 2 hours already.
    I've tried reloging, spec changing and restarting with no effect.
    And I've had enough of this.(I'm gonna toss a coin to my witcher now.)
    Edited by Hyandar on 9 January 2020 20:25
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ditto. Queued solo as a healer without anything happening. The first time the queue simply disappeared after half an hour or so, the second time nothing is happening again.

Edit: This was on PC-EU.
    Edited by joerginger on 9 January 2020 21:46
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Detailed summary of the issue Dungeon finder queue is extremely broken, got kicked from server just trying to cancel a broken queue
    Were you queuing solo or with other people? Both, neither are working
    What took place prior to the issue? (possible ways to reproduce the issue) Queuing as 4 people for random normal
    Platform/megaserver PC-EU of course
  • MachoKen
    MachoKen
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS, any kind of update regarding the issues that we face would be highly appreciated....
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group finder working ok for me so far as a healer or dps on PC/NA, queueing for specific dungeons as a solo player.
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Played as follows:

PC/NA 2x's with healer Solo -- picked 2 dungeons to que for time to get into dungeon= 10mins or less.

PC/EU 2x's with healer Solo - picked same two dungeons -- over an hour to get in dungeon with each.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU

Queued as a CP160 (Lev 170) (specific FG1)
    Tank
    1 min wait
    Successful dungeon with 3 lower level players

Queued as a CP 1286 Tank - (specific FG1)

Waiting for 11 minutes which is long for a tank. May be the volume of traffic
    Abandoned to try a random

Queued for 8 mins no invite so quit and retry
    Nothing after 5 mins
    Switching back to low CP character

Tank
    queued for 5 seconds and success, some1 declined reque
    FG1 after 10 seconds

queued again after completing FG1

7 mins , no invite

Edited by grkkll on 9 January 2020 22:35
  • mandricus
    mandricus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC-EU, prime time, queued as DD for veteran Darkshade Caverns 1 (which is pledge today), 30 min queue, came here to write this message to report that finder was not working, dungeon popped in the meantime while I was writing the post :). Still, queue took a little bit longer than expected, compared to last evenings at prime time for a daily veteran pledge.
    Edited by mandricus on 9 January 2020 22:21