The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sorcerer - Stackable AoE - reported in 1.6.1 and still works (Video)

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Oh, that's good, thanks you :)

Now, it's time for a real non buggued sorc buff o:)

Test sorc DPS it is the strongest in range magicka the second strongest in overall magicka quite close to magicka dks and only 2 k short of stamina meta. Stamina sorcs are fine too look at alcast Videos. Sorcs in PvP got a strong self heal (decasting our pets gives 1/3 health back) and shields are as strong as ever if not even more so. ultimate regeneration got nerfed which profitted other classes more. Perma blocking while doing high damage is not possible anymore so the high mobility with the strong cc streak provides got even better. Pets went from being midly annoying to quite dangerous resource wise.

you should get your facts right ;(
    the heal got 1.3sec CT added, quite close = 20-30% less than a DK is a guaranteed exclusion when beeing a magica DD, so whats left is beeing a 2H bandwagon joiner as there is absolutly no alternative fu.. you all classical mages.
    and shields in pvp... well in a 1vs1 quite nice in small to zerg situation massivly losing ground and with 15m bolt escape absolutly no chance thx to the cc changes of it to escape 22m charges provided by every none sorc class and melee weapon.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 3, 2015 10:45PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

Test sorc DPS it is the strongest in range magicka the second strongest in overall magicka quite close to magicka dks and only 2 k short of stamina meta. Stamina sorcs are fine too look at alcast Videos. Sorcs in PvP got a strong self heal (decasting our pets gives 1/3 health back) and shields are as strong as ever if not even more so. ultimate regeneration got nerfed which profitted other classes more. Perma blocking while doing high damage is not possible anymore so the high mobility with the strong cc streak provides got even better. Pets went from being midly annoying to quite dangerous resource wise.

the heal got 1.3sec CT added, quite close = 20-30% less than a DK is a guaranteed exclusion when beeing a magica DD, so whats left is beeing a 2H bandwagon joiner as there is absolutly no alternative fu.. you all classical mages.
    and shields in pvp... well in a 1vs1 quite nice in small to zerg situation massivly losing ground and with 15m bolt escape absolutly no chance thx to the cc changes of it to escape 22m charges provided by every none sorc class and melee weapon.

You get a lot of mana back from decasting the pet and you can fill up your health which I can't on my dk. I don't know how good streak is for running away I use it offensively. So what do you want to say that shields are useless for you? What would help you then in a zerg? The thing I did with my dk and templer to tank 4-5+ enemies while damaging will not work in 1.6 (well perhaps with my heavy armor templer build ) because stamina so what is your great disadvantage against other classes because as far as I can judge it sorcs are performing good in fights (arena guild) and as I am playing all classes I can tell you sorcs are not in a bad place
    Options
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You get a lot of mana back from decasting the pet and you can fill up your health which I can't on my dk. I don't know how good streak is for running away I use it offensively. So what do you want to say that shields are useless for you? What would help you then in a zerg? The thing I did with my dk and templer to tank 4-5+ enemies while damaging will not work in 1.6 (well perhaps with my heavy armor templer build ) because stamina so what is your great disadvantage against other classes because as far as I can judge it sorcs are performing good in fights (arena guild) and as I am playing all classes I can tell you sorcs are not in a bad place
    this has been changed aswell in 1.6.5 - the return(changed from beeing correlated to max magicka to casters lvl) makes casting a pet and recycle it immediatly now more expensive than casting a GDB.
    next argument plz.

what would help me in a zerg? actual armor mitigation and healthpools large enough to make healers able to react. both is not the case if i want my shields to be half way usefull. and my dmg to be only ~20% behind a stamina user.
    Edited by Tankqull on March 3, 2015 11:40PM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

Options
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whats most interesting, Does it still work or did they finally fix that mess?
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Unstable Familiar
    This ability now heals the caster for 35% of their maximum health when the familiar is killed or toggled off.
    This ability now has a cast time of 1.3 seconds."
    (patch note 1.6.5)
    The sorc has no longer an instant heal like Dk or templar, now it will be pretty useless in pvp.

And for pve, I don't see any good magicka dps outside the poor tooglemancer in this forum. I see something barely good from Tamriel Foundry, but 3-4 k lower than stamina sets.
    I hope we will found a solution for sorcerer, because I want my sorc being competitive in end game pve.
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats most interesting, Does it still work or did they finally fix that mess?

Fixed
    Options
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this has been changed aswell in 1.6.5 - the return(changed from beeing correlated to max magicka to casters lvl) makes casting a pet and recycle it immediatly now more expensive than casting a GDB.
    next argument plz.

what would help me in a zerg? actual armor mitigation and healthpools large enough to make healers able to react. both is not the case if i want my shields to be half way usefull. and my dmg to be only ~20% behind a stamina user.

Yeah can't argue with that what are the costs now after the mana return? The only advantage would be that you don't need low hp like with gdb
    Options
  • The_SpAwN
    The_SpAwN
    ✭✭✭
    If this is actually working as intended, I want stackable Engulfing Flame too, wanna become a living flamethrower :p
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We have a clarification: This fix did not make it into 1.6.5. Apologies for the incorrect information. We will be hotfixing it later today.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post