Choppy FPS and freezes since patch

Brittany_Joy
Brittany_Joy
✭✭✭✭
Recently I noticed ESO would be extremely choppy and sometimes freeze my laptop so I have to force restart. It wasn't like this yesterday. I think the patch did something to cause this. How can I fix my choppy FPS and occasional computer freezes?
  • Auric_ESO
    Auric_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    First thing post any patch is to test without addons. Some of them break and cause issues. After that you can try deleting your settings file the start the game. Bit will create a new one
    "The purpose of training is to tighten up the slack, toughen the body, and polish the spirit." Morihei Ueshiba
    Options
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Auric_ESO wrote: »
    First thing post any patch is to test without addons. Some of them break and cause issues. After that you can try deleting your settings file the start the game. Bit will create a new one
    actually that might be it. I noticed the choppyness started after I activated my addons.
    Options
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    But my laptop still froze when I started ESO, which is odd. I also noticed my laptop keeps losing internet connection too. This all started after the patch download. It might also be my RAM I think since it is only 4GB
    Options
  • Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    This isn't just you Brittany. I just now logged on after the patch and I'm noticing an enormous FPS drop. I'm thinking it has something to do with the aesthetic update (some of my gear changed color/texture schemes).
    Options
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with these two settings in the usersettings text file. There were freezes that used to happen before for 5-6 seconds and the way you fixed it was to set SET RequestedNumThreads "-1" to 0 and save the file (has to do with how the game handles on multicore processors)

Now that setting is gone and has been replaced by 2 different settings:

SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1"
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1"

I don't know which to edit to 0 or if you should edit both... I'm hoping someone can narrow this down.

Options
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. All I know is my laptop is a bit screwed up now since the update. My laptop will randomly lose internet connection and the taskmgr will show multiple things running while ESO launches.
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't run addons and it is bad. Went into a building to grab some stuff from a barrel and trunk. First time I had no "E" indicators. Left and came back in then I had one indicator. Moved to the trunk and no indicator so I stood there. It took 15 seconds for it to register. Noticing this in my bow shots as well. Game is super choppy trying to move around.
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed that there are some enemies that I can't see, like they are there attacking me and everyone else, but they are invisible. I've also experienced some crashing too, but that may be due to the out of date addons.
    Options
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I disabled the addons and I am experiencing PC problems since the patch such as my laptop losing internet connection and it crashing sometimes while I launch ESO.
    Options
  • PurpleFox
    PurpleFox
    ✭✭✭
    Recently I noticed ESO would be extremely choppy and sometimes freeze my laptop so I have to force restart. It wasn't like this yesterday. I think the patch did something to cause this. How can I fix my choppy FPS and occasional computer freezes?

Can't be as bad as this...
    Dead but not dead (Don't ask because i don't know)+Error occurred "Ghost" world=Invisible character who can walk around and not interact.

I have no clue anymore :/

On the topic of lag though, since last patch every hit I do takes a whole second to process, and apparently The Rift has the "Rollback" bug that Greenshade used to have, so FML...that may need to be addressed too XD
    IGN: Sophie Daedric-Heart
    Class: Night-Blade
    Pack Master of Hircine's Wolfpack
    Don't Sell the gift, instead, give the gift.
    Options
  • Traisa
    Traisa
    ✭✭✭
    Well, now I'm falling through the world and can't seem to get a chat prompt open to get myself out of it....
    Options
  • ESOSecret
    ESOSecret
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. Game has froze on me 6 times in this last hour. And I have ran with and without addons so it's not that.
    Options
  • Rooty
    Rooty
    ✭✭✭
    I've been having huge performance issues too in-game and out alike, after I launch ESO. Graphic spikes out the wazzoo is making the game pretty much completely unplayable. And it causes my whole system to go completely screwy too after launching it. I can hardly do anything on my other monitor.

I, too, have 4 GB or RAM... I'm curious, how much RAM do you other guys having the same problems have?

Additionally, I'm not sure if this was the case before the patch, but my RAM usage is completely maxed while the game is up.

EDIT: I also have never used addons thus far.
    Edited by Rooty on May 23, 2014 1:19AM
    No Mercy
    Rooty, Rooty-san, Rooty-sama, Rooty-chan, Rooty-senpai
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    WHERE IS SHE?!
    #FreeBraidas
    Options
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade
    ✭✭
    Same here. Had no issues at all before today's patch, now my game has frozen twice in the last hour. Also noticed extreme choppiness where I had none before. All addons were disabled by default for being out of date.
    Unsubbed.
    You have 4 days of game time remaining.
    Options
  • Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    12 GB of ram here. I can't alleviate the FPS drop even by turning graphics down to medium (previously ran in ultra).
    Options
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chrysolis wrote: »
    12 GB of ram here. I can't alleviate the FPS drop even by turning graphics down to medium (previously ran in ultra).
    Hmm so it must be the patch then. Alot of people are experiencing FPS drops and PC issues since the patch.
    Options
  • Seravi
    Seravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep just tried to move from the bank to another area and I froze for 10 seconds. The game is so choppy and unresponsive. Everyone in my guild is ready to throw up their hands for the night as they do dungeons, etc and get rolled back after 20 minutes of work or they freeze trying to fight and such. I go to deconstruct something and I hit "E" and wait 10 seconds, get the item hit E again, wait 10 seconds, rinse and repeat for other items.
    Options
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm experiencing this, too. It gradually gets worse until I die to a single trash mob because I can only see maybe 3 frames over the course of 25 seconds.

I've played without issue on medium settings since weekend betas around January. I have some addons installed, but they've been disabled since the new patch. Initially I thought it was the new fullscreen mode, so I switched it into windowed fullscreen, which caused the game to go black until I force closed it. I get back into the game, seems alright for about 3 minutes, then it starts stuttering again.

It's pretty much not playable for me right now.
    Edited by joshisanonymous on May 23, 2014 1:37AM
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade

Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My game runs fine, but it just randomly freezes for 3 sec then goes again, freezes goes freezes goes...

Unplayable at this time..
    Options
  • Kaelis33
    Kaelis33
    ✭✭
    Same here crashes that lock my system, down have to force restart. Its a garbage memory leak almost garanteed. It take my computer quite a while to dump all that crap when the game crashes, it can become totally un responsive and the lock the whole computer up.

ANd its doing it in dungeons, already getting ZERO xp for running that krap and now I can't barely finish one anyways because of the crashing. This needs a hotfix
    Options
  • Kalcipher1
    Kalcipher1
    ✭✭✭
    My FPS has been very erratic. It will go from 48 to 12, jump around a bit and then stabilize, rinse & repeat. The game has crashed with the Crash Pop-up Report, 5 times this afternoon...
    Options
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Change your video mode in settings back to windowed fullscreen. It defaults to the new "true" fullscreen after the patch which may be the source of these issues.
    Options
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    I did the windows change, and I am still having the same. The game is so choppy now its unreal. The menu's even are affected. It got so bad just a few minutes ago I just gave up and left the game. Combat was impossible, let alone just walking down the street.
    Options
  • Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    Change your video mode in settings back to windowed fullscreen. It defaults to the new "true" fullscreen after the patch which may be the source of these issues.

I did this a while back; I saw an improvement but not much. The FPS drop is still very significant.

Options
  • Jariath
    Jariath
    Very choppy since patch. They had this problem a while back but it was fixed in a patch. It came back to some degree with the last minor update, today it is awful.
    Options
  • Ottoaderu
    Ottoaderu
    ✭✭
    I noticed in a similar thread, this was happening to people before they crashed and to my wifes computer (6GB RAM, 2GB vid). However, it does not occur on mine (16GB RAM, 1.5GB vid). However, when I look at my ESO process, it is now up to 3.2GB and going up about 250k/s.
    Edited by Ottoaderu on May 23, 2014 3:29AM
    Options
  • Ottoaderu
    Ottoaderu
    ✭✭
    Just had my client log out to the character selection screen and lost about 5-10 minutes of played time. While logging back in the client jumped 100k and is still rising.
    Options
  • Ottoaderu
    Ottoaderu
    ✭✭
    And back to the Character selection screen we go!
    Options
  • berserkerhall
    berserkerhall
    Soul Shriven
    [Moderation: Content removed for Spam (posting same comment in multiple threads)]
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on May 23, 2014 4:22AM
    Options
  • Chrysolis
    Chrysolis
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, what a trainwreck! I got booted five times within a half hour and each time lost 5-10 minutes of progress. What's more fun than doing the same quest three times? Also completely lost several quests that were in progress. Not a good patch for functionality.

Or anything else.
    Options