The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Weekly Scheduled Maintenance Details

Moonraker
Moonraker
✭✭✭✭
Just a heads up for the announced weekly scheduled maintenance downtimes for both NA and European Megaservers, which have downtime at different days/ times.

EDIT: These have been changed completely today and also times for patches and hotfixes added. Not showing CEST times for the later yet.
WHEN DOES SCHEDULED WEEKLY MAINTENANCE OCCUR?
Updated 04/11/2014 07:27 AM Published 04/02/2014 12:02 PM
Regular Maintenance Times
The Elder Scrolls Online undergoes regular maintenance to provide you with the best service possible. We have scheduled the following windows for this purpose, although we may not need to use them every week:

Tuesday (Patches)
00:01 am EDT (06:01 CEST) - EU
08:00 am EDT (14:00 CEST) - NA

Friday (Reboot/Hotfixes)
00:01 am EDT (06:01 CEST) - EU
08:00 am EDT (14:00 CEST) - NA

North American Megaserver
Tuesdays at 8:00 am EDT (14:00 CEST)
Fridays at 8:00 am EDT (14:00 CEST)

European Megaserver
Tuesdays at 00:01 am EDT (6:00 am CEST)
Fridays at 00:01 am EDT (6:00 am CEST)

Most maintenance periods will last for no more than a few hours. During these times, we'll deploy patches, server optimizations, database updates, hardware upgrades, and perform other routines that keep ESO running smoothly.

EDT - Eastern Daylight Time
CEST - Central European Summer Time
https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7658

You can check for latest news on Server Status forum thread.
Edited by Moonraker on April 11, 2014 3:15PM
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon
    ✭✭✭
    This is not Mac Technical support related
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Monsoon wrote: »
    This is not Mac Technical support related
    It is when Mac users post to the Mac TS asking why they can't log to server? without this information, which is not widely known yet. So they can see a quick answer.
    Options
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moonraker wrote: »
    It is when Mac users post to the Mac TS asking why they can't log to server? without this information, which is not widely known yet. So they can see a quick answer.

I found this information by chance while looking into the Server Status forum. There was a post saying that the regular scheduled maintenance was dropped for Sunday 6th. I thought it nice that they were canceling a regular maintenance that hasn't even been announced yet... until I saw the link to the post you quoted above, @Moonraker.

They could have put either announcement into the system message that gets displayed when the launcher starts, but alas...

Edit: link to Server Status forum added
    Edited by KhajitFurTrader on April 6, 2014 10:01AM
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭

I found this information by chance while looking into the Server Status forum. There was a post saying that the regular scheduled maintenance was dropped for Sunday 6th. I thought it nice that they were canceling a regular maintenance that hasn't even been announced yet... until I saw the link to the post you quoted above, @Moonraker.

They could have put either announcement into the system message that gets displayed when the launcher starts, but alas...

Edit: link to Server Status forum added
    Good point. I'll add a direct link for Server Status. Currently I find their system of posting news confusing in the forum. Hope they can split out the other language versions will help a lot.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO MAINTENANCE EU MEGASERVER – 4/8

ZOS_MichaelServotte Administrator, Moderator admin
    3:39AM edited 3:39AM in Server Status

We are bringing down the European megaserver for maintenance at 5:00 AM BST / 6:00 AM CEST to address the "Unknown Error" issue that some players have been experiencing. We expect the maintenance to last for only one hour. We will keep you updated as soon as the maintenance is complete.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/72664/eso-maintenance-eu-megaserver-4-8
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    These have been changed completely today and also times for patches and hotfixes added. No showing CEST times for the later yet. They have been added now thankfully.

See Opening Post for new details of linked Support page.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 11, 2014 3:10PM
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO MAINTENANCE EU & NA MEGASERVER – 4/15

ZOS_JessicaFolsomZOS_JessicaFolsom Administrator, Moderator admin
    April 14 edited April 14 in Server Status

We will be performing a regularly scheduled maintenance on the European and North American megaservers tomorrow, Tuesday April 15th.
    The European megaserver will be brought down at 5:00 AM BST / 6:00 AM CEST. At this time, we expect the European megaserver to be back online by late morning.
    The North American megaserver will be brought down at 8:00 AM EDT / 1:00 PM BST. At this time, we expect the North American megaserver to be back online by midday.
    During this maintenance, we will be pushing a new patch that includes a number of updates and fixes. We will be posting the full patch notes around 12:00 AM EDT / 5:00 AM BST, and will let you know when each of the megaservers are back online.

Thanks for your patience!

See also this thread where ZOS posted a lot of detail on the upcoming changes including a lot of quest fixes and other larger current issues with the gameplay generally.

Technical fixes don't generally go into Patch Notes so I don't expect to see mac specific items in there. There may be changes to the actual Mac client and it should be possible to check tomorrow if there were.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    More downtime for EU now. NA still down. Post here.
    ADDITIONAL MAINTENANCE FOR EU MEGASERVER - 4/15/14 @ 11AM EDT / 5PM GMT

We will be bringing the EU megaserver down for maintenance today at 11am EDT / 5pm GMT to implement an additional fix. We expect the server to be back online early this afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your patience.
    Love the way they put "expect the server to be back online early this afternoon" when for EU players it's already early evening ^^ :)
    Options
  • Gingerninja
    I also love how they can't even give an ETA of when it will be back up.
    From what I've seen so far, I'm not that impressed of their syncing.
    Options
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the way they put "expect the server to be back online early this afternoon" when for EU players it's already early evening ^^ :)

Ha, funny how I had exactly the same thought while reading their announcement, before I had even looked at your comment.

5 p.m., or 17:00 as more civilized parts of the continent like to put it, is late afternoon. 6 p.m., while technically still "post meridiem", i.e. after noon, is considered early evening. At least 'round here, too.

Oh, the woe of the technicalities of words...
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also love how they can't even give an ETA of when it will be back up.
    From what I've seen so far, I'm not that impressed of their syncing.
    For general maintenance they say as in the first post;
    Most maintenance periods will last for no more than a few hours

I suspect that they found something while doing the NA Megaserver update and then want to put a fix in for the Europe server. Hard fro them to be exact as if something happens unexpectedly then it makes any time given pushed back.

Usually they will say when it is delayed a bit and when they expect it to be up. They also did say when they thought it would be back up even if it was not so accurate for our EU timezone.
    Options
  • alarikub17_ESO
    Would be nice if they did not use vague relative times without reference to timezone. I assume that early evening is EDT and not GMT or PDT but who knows. Given some of the issues I see no problem with a long down time - However I would like to know that is what is anticipated and when they will update us.
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO MAINTENANCE EU & NA MEGASERVER - 4/21/14

ZOS_GinaBrunoZOS_GinaBruno Administrator, Moderator admin
    4:36AM edited 4:36AM in Server Status Staff Post
    We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on the European and North American megaservers tomorrow, Monday April 21st.
    The European megaserver will be brought down at 5:00 AM BST / 6:00 AM CEST.
    The North American megaserver will be brought down at 8:00 AM EDT / 1:00 PM BST.
    During this maintenance, we will be pushing a new patch that includes a number of updates and fixes, including a fix to the loading screen issue that many of you have come across. We will be posting the full patch notes around 12:00 AM EDT / 5:00 AM BST, and will let you know when each of the megaservers are back online.

Thanks for your patience!
    source
    Options