The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

(Some?) Poisons break weaving (some weapon+skill combos?)

Kas
Kas
✭✭✭✭✭
What I've found so far (one other guy was able to reproduce it but had neither of us had other poisons at hand):

1.Use (lightning) staff without poison and weave LA+Force pulse
- > works perfectly well

2. Equip a poising (I used one with immovability/speed-snare/stam-cost, like the popular immovable+speed+stam pots but with oil) and try to weave
- > absolutely f***ing impossible and infuriating

I had to log off yesterday and I'm at work now. Looking back at other problems I've had on meele chars (which I blamed on pts ping from Europe at the time), I THINK (not sure) it might have been that specific poison only that mini-stuns yourself. It certainly was most obvious on the sorc, though. I'll continue testing but I won't have time today so I'd love to see others share their findings.

Right now the sorc+poison was absolutely unplayable and without it, 220ping was still annoying but the difference was overwhealming
@bbu - AD/EU
Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
+ many others
  • thejynxed
    thejynxed
    Kas wrote: »
    What I've found so far (one other guy was able to reproduce it but had neither of us had other poisons at hand):

- > works perfectly well

2. Equip a poising (I used one with immovability/speed-snare/stam-cost, like the popular immovable+speed+stam pots but with oil) and try to weave

I had to log off yesterday and I'm at work now. Looking back at other problems I've had on meele chars (which I blamed on pts ping from Europe at the time), I THINK (not sure) it might have been that specific poison only that mini-stuns yourself. It certainly was most obvious on the sorc, though. I'll continue testing but I won't have time today so I'd love to see others share their findings.

Right now the sorc+poison was absolutely unplayable and without it, 220ping was still annoying but the difference was overwhealming

I wonder if the new animation canceling is having a strange interaction regarding poison procs when you attempt to weave. Lightning staff has it's own issues anyhow because it's channeled and things go weird sometimes even on current Live when you weave with it. You should probably do further testing using Fire/Cold as well.
    Edited by thejynxed on April 29, 2016 1:21PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thejynxed wrote: »

- > works perfectly well

I wonder if the new animation canceling is having a strange interaction regarding poison procs when you attempt to weave. Lightning staff has it's own issues anyhow because it's channeled and things go weird sometimes even on current Live when you weave with it. You should probably do further testing using Fire/Cold as well.

@TheJinxEffect Lightning staff is a channel? Weird. I always thought it was just restoration staff that was a channel
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

- > works perfectly well

@TheJinxEffect Lightning staff is a channel? Weird. I always thought it was just restoration staff that was a channel

They both channel on heavy, but their light attack isn't, so it shouldn't have any difference with ice/inferno staff in this case.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- > works perfectly well

as long as clicks are crisp enough, and don't trigger the HA, the LA isn't channeld. Likewise, without poison, everything works as I am used to. Still, I agree and I should (Saturday the earliest I have time) test with inferno/cold as well. May also be that the poisons somehow trigger the heavy/medium attack and that ruins it. Didn't feel like it, more like the poison proccing made it impossible for me to cast the skill and mini stun myself
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    + many others
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in the poison-making feedback thread myself. It does indeed seem to drop the next command if you are quickly going through a 'rotation' and an equipped poison triggers. I had to take them off because it bothered me so much while doing 4-mans alone a few nights ago.

It's like the poison takes all priority for that moment, but since it's random you can't predict when to stagger your own inputs.
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in the poison-making feedback thread myself. It does indeed seem to drop the next command if you are quickly going through a 'rotation' and an equipped poison triggers. I had to take them off because it bothered me so much while doing 4-mans alone a few nights ago.

It's like the poison takes all priority for that moment, but since it's random you can't predict when to stagger your own inputs.

Could you link your post please? I want to tag it with insightful, quote it there and maybe crosslink this thread to produce enough spam for ZOS to actually see it. It really ruins the whole poison mechanic for me.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    + many others
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you link your post please? I want to tag it with insightful, quote it there and maybe crosslink this thread to produce enough spam for ZOS to actually see it. It really ruins the whole poison mechanic for me.

Here is a direct link to my post.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2922632/#Comment_2922632
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Adamon2
    Adamon2
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem with Fire Destro Staff. When you weave it works fine until a potion triggers then it you can't light/meduim attack. Once you see your staff change appearance from the poison, it stops you from light attacking. You have to use a skill then the appearance of the staff goes back to normal and you can weave again until the poison triggers again. It's totally frustrating. That can't be what was intended.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adamon2 wrote: »
    I have the same problem with Fire Destro Staff. When you weave it works fine until a potion triggers then it you can't light/meduim attack. Once you see your staff change appearance from the poison, it stops you from light attacking. You have to use a skill then the appearance of the staff goes back to normal and you can weave again until the poison triggers again. It's totally frustrating. That can't be what was intended.

now that you put it this way, i think you accurately describe what i felt as well.
    the problem may be more obvious with staves and especially force pulse because the projectile is so fast and the skill completes before the poison prcs
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    + many others