The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Just got my transfer to console email.

liammozzb16_ESO
liammozzb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Here's what it said.

Greetings,

You are eligible for The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ for Console with account copy. You will find it on sale for pre-purchase for £ 12.99 at account.elderscrollsonline.com/store when logged in using your eligible The Elder Scrolls Online account on April 9, 2015.

This special offer to pre-purchase a digital copy of an Xbox One and/or PlayStation 4 version of the game, will only be available on the store for 30 (thirty) days. After the 30-day period, you will no longer be able to purchase this special digital copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for console or copy your PC/Mac account to console in any other way.

Please note that if you take part in this offer, your character and account details will not be copied immediately upon pre-purchasing The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy. Keep an eye on your email for more information on the account copy process as well as your digital game code. For more information on eligibility requirements, transfer restrictions, and redemption instructions please visit help.elderscrollsonline.com.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will launch worldwide on June 9th, and we can’t wait to see you in Tamriel!

- The Elder Scrolls Online Team

• King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome
    Options
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, got mine, except it's $20 US.
    Options
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I already pulled the trigger on it, can't get here quick enough.
    Options
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed that I think changed is that it is a COPY not a TRANSFER. I remember way back when, I thought it was a transfer. I read this correct...right? Your characters will exist on both worlds but not share progress?
    Options
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    already paid. Cant wait to play on the superior version. Lets face it, the console ones will run better all around. I am a hard core PC fanboy (obvious reasons), but eso just seems like it will be far superior lag wise, and feel wise on consoles, NOT graphic wise. Call it a sneaking suspicion.
    Edited by Gorthax on April 9, 2015 3:35PM
    Options
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    BmcD73 wrote: »
    One thing I noticed that I think changed is that it is a COPY not a TRANSFER.

It was clarified to be a copy (with separate progress on each) since the announcement of Tamriel Unlimited.
    Edited by izenkim_ESO on April 9, 2015 3:39PM
    Options
  • Geeky_Gamer84
    Geeky_Gamer84
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks zos, ready to quest ps4 style :)
    Options
  • BmcD73
    BmcD73
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed that I think changed is that it is a COPY not a TRANSFER.

It was clarified to be a copy (with separate progress on each) since the announcement of Tamriel Unlimited.

And the worlds are still going to be separate right?
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I noticed that I think changed is that it is a COPY not a TRANSFER. I remember way back when, I thought it was a transfer. I read this correct...right? Your characters will exist on both worlds but not share progress?

Maybe, it would be interesting to see if you could play both versions after you get the console. I don't see any reason why not. But, the character save files are forked at that point, so what you do on one will not be available on the other. Kind of like how what you on the PTS copy of your character has no effect on the Live server copy.

However from a back office standpoint, a copy is much safer than a transfer. If the transfer gets screwed up, then the source file may not be there anymore. A copy can be be re-done if needed.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    Crowns will not be copied ... that's new to me. Was this known before?
    Options
  • liammozzb16_ESO
    liammozzb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enaijo wrote: »

Yarp
    Options
  • ZeroInspiration
    ZeroInspiration
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that it is timed kinda leaves me no choice but to buy it even though I don't have a PS4 yet. If I end up getting the console I wanna play with my friends without losing all my stuff, but if I don't, well that's $20 bucks down the drain.
    Options
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't get the email, but option was available on the website.
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

Options
  • cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something? I got the email, and I'm eligible for the transfer, but it's not in the store like the email says? Am I supposed to be looking somewhere else or should I just email support.
    Options
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    And the worlds are still going to be separate right?

Yes.
    Options
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    You also need xbox gold live or Sony Plus. This is some extra cash per month. Is there a version without this requirement? I would buy PS4 just for this game, but I will not pay monthly sub for Sony Plus... This is the main deterrent now for me...
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
    Options
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    cyqa wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I got the email, and I'm eligible for the transfer, but it's not in the store like the email says? Am I supposed to be looking somewhere else or should I just email support.

Scroll down in the store page, there was a list of stuff to buy, at the bottom were the console versions for Playstation and Xbox.
    Edited by izenkim_ESO on April 9, 2015 3:50PM
    Options
  • cyqa
    cyqa
    ✭✭✭
    cyqa wrote: »

Scroll down in the store page, there was a list of stuff to buy, at the bottom were the console versions for Playstation and Xbox.

Thanks! All I have are the PC/Mac Digital downloads, then the crown packs/ESO membership. I'll contact support now that I know for sure I'm missing the links. :)
    Options
  • giff2830_ESO
    giff2830_ESO
    ✭✭
    Jumped right on it. Will enjoy playing on the PS4 I hope. As much as I am a PC only for mostly everything outside of sports, I have come to the conclusion that this MMO was always meant for console play. Let's hope for a stellar launch.
    Options
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad this was posted. I haven't received an email and I've checked spam filters, etc. But when I do visit the Store I have an option to select either the PS4 or XBox copy for $20. Maybe it will take some time for all of us to receive the email.

Update @ 9:15 PDT - Just received my email.
    Edited by Grunim on April 9, 2015 4:18PM
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

Options
  • Enaijo
    Enaijo
    ✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »
    You also need xbox gold live or Sony Plus. This is some extra cash per month. Is there a version without this requirement? I would buy PS4 just for this game, but I will not pay monthly sub for Sony Plus... This is the main deterrent now for me...

You don't need PS+ for ESO.
    Options
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dam, people are going to take the risk!

I can cope without my toon from the PC version, I will wait and see what the reviews say, once bitten and all that.

But if it turns out that PVP mass warfare works on the Console I may buy one just for that.
    Options
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    got the mail, but with the total lack of information about the console version its really hard to know if I want to transfer, and since its a 30 day offer.. I sure hope we get some new info regarding the console versions, how things will work, improved ui, future addon support, will the integrate features from certain addons etc, since the stock ui sucks, and as far as I know we dont have any of that info yet, just "more info closer to launch".
    Options
  • Tocket
    Tocket
    Soul Shriven
    I just have the option to buy the Xbox One version not the PS4.
    I have a PS4 and would like to buy it for that console, think ZOS is trolling me :anguished:
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Maybe, it would be interesting to see if you could play both versions after you get the console. I don't see any reason why not. But, the character save files are forked at that point, so what you do on one will not be available on the other. Kind of like how what you on the PTS copy of your character has no effect on the Live server copy.

However from a back office standpoint, a copy is much safer than a transfer. If the transfer gets screwed up, then the source file may not be there anymore. A copy can be be re-done if needed.

You can play both versions after the copy happens, but from that point forward your characters will progress separately :) I've asked.. I'm snatching up PS4 copy just in case, but sticking on PC.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS - Thanks for the post. I as well have not yet received an email.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    You do need to have gold live or PS+:

Will I need to be an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus member in order to play the console versions?
    Updated 03/17/2015 11:11 AM Published 01/20/2015 08:36 PM

Yes. As with any standard multiplayer game on these platforms, an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership will be required to play
    Options
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    vovus69 wrote: »

You don't need PS+ for ESO.

Unfortunately you do need them:

Will I need to be an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus member in order to play the console versions?
    Updated 03/17/2015 11:11 AM Published 01/20/2015 08:36 PM

Yes. As with any standard multiplayer game on these platforms, an internet connection and an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus membership will be required to play
    Options
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't own a console, but I really like using a controller, so i'm hoping this means we'll have controller support incoming for pc
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yarp

Crowns "won't" be copied so read on the support pages....
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options