Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Bugged enlightenment system! People with 250+ CP's already! Not a good start for 1.6!

SC0TY999
SC0TY999
✭✭✭✭
The title states everything!

What's the official word on this from ZOS?

The people with 250+ CP's are going to be far OP'd compared to everyone else!

You should just roll everything back so everyone is back on 70 CP and disable enlightenment until it's fixed!

It's going to get out of hand!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • global_gbb16_ESO
    global_gbb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How do people have more than 250cp?
    Options
  • Xexpo
    Xexpo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZOS,
    No one will play when it sucks beyond diehard comprehension.
    Please stop for the love of god.
    Kiki Dickson ~~~ Dixmanian Devil ~~~ Cornelius Buckshank Jr.
    Histy-Fitz ~~~ Boozemer ~~~ Chace X'expo
    Lluvia De'Fuego ~~~ Shakes Spear
    Macro and Cheese NA/PC
    Options
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭

People had bugged enlightenment and it was active 24hrs enabling to grind a stupid amount of CP in just 3 days!
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A roll-back would certainly be beneficial to everyone, though it would have to be literally everyone (including those innocent of using the bugs) to keep it fair.

Pretty sure that's going to cause people to rage quit though, if the EXP nerfs to farming locations hasn't already. Sad that Champion System has become a power scale rather than a fun exra, although maybe we should have seen this coming after what the PTS showed us when you had all CP invested.

Combat stats might be the wrong way to have gone it seems.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Zavus
    Zavus
    ✭✭✭✭
    screenshot or it didn't happen
    Zavus - Worst NB NA / First NB RANK 50
    "Most carried General NA" - Cent Satori

Haxus

Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine if those CP not created huge gap between players.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol! First it was 100 cp or more then 150, and now 250 ! Next step : I know people that max 3600 cp due to exploit ! There was no 24H enlightement, the bug was 4 enlightned cp a day, the rest was a UI bug, you couldnt "bank" the cp. True People could get a ton of xp in Crag, but w/o enlightement. So 250 , I dont think so ... Maybe one or two enough morons to play 24/7 got 150 top.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone in Wabbajack made over 50 last I heard.

Countering my last post, the other option is to roll everyone back to 1CP/day worth, again though people would be rage quitting and rioting.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Nibelaja
    Nibelaja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rollback to 70 would suck very hard. I just played to champ rank 79 without any exploit, dont want this time wasted.
    Options
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭

The system is sooo bugged I don't see what else they could do to rebalance things?

I feel they should just disable enlightenment until the system is fixed.
    Options
  • infraction2008b16_ESO
    infraction2008b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A system designed for those behind to catch up being used by those ahead to get even further.

Not a good start.
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SC0TY999 wrote: »

People had bugged enlightenment and it was active 24hrs enabling to grind a stupid amount of CP in just 3 days!

Had it for 24 hours as well. In saying this, only played long enough to get 3 points.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually someone actually beat the system and has 4000 CP already, he even made a new tier of epicness
    Options
  • Father
    Father
    ✭✭✭
    How come this bug never happend to me??? I think its a UI error and thats it :neutral:
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And it is broke the other direction also, when ever I zone I lose it, took me 48 hours to get it in the then first place and then lose it I have 1 cp point because of the bug :(
    Options
  • Cyhawk
    Cyhawk
    ✭✭✭
    250cp eh? Screenshot or it doesn't exist and your nose is growing.
    Options
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was no permanent enlightement, it was a UI Bug, I had it several times, I was awarded a "ghost" cp I could never spend. Then when reloging the enlightement and the "ghost" cp had disapeared.
    Nobody can have 250 cp, a little math here. It means gaining 180 cp. The system has been out 4 days. 4X4 enlighted bugged cp=16. Then at best, w/o enlightement it would take 30/45 minutes to get a cp. So still at best 164cp/30 minutes = 82 hours of constant grinding to get 250 cp in 4 days.
    You think a lot of morons did this ?
    Edited by Vanzen on March 8, 2015 1:15PM
    Options
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well I grinded that time... and I'm at 113 CP (70+43). people saying stuff about 250 CP and *** like that are simply seeking attention.

FACT: There is no possibility to get a working enlightenment more than once per day.
    Edited by Xantaria on March 8, 2015 1:29PM
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
    Options
  • Costismaros
    Costismaros
    ✭✭✭
    There will always be people who playing and grinding more than others.... Lets kill them.
    Edited by Costismaros on March 8, 2015 1:54PM
    Options
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A year from now, someone will buy ESO, install it, roll a level 1 character, get it to 50, and have 0 CP and go PvP against someone with 1000 CP.

Either the CP system has to be balanced for this scenario, or it has to be removed from the game. Worrying about an imbalance is utterly pointless, there will BE imbalance naturally as new players join the game.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    There was no permanent enlightement, it was a UI Bug

I am not convinced of this. There seemed to be certain buffs that people with Enlightenment could give to others without it that would instantly give them Enlightenment.

People getting together in a massive grind group could constantly pass it around and so long as you didn't zone or log, it worked. That is my understanding.

Need confirmation from ZOS or all is speculation, but I have personally seen Enlightenment spread to me by buffs of others.
    Options
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanzen wrote: »
    There was no permanent enlightement, it was a UI Bug

I am not convinced of this. There seemed to be certain buffs that people with Enlightenment could give to others without it that would instantly give them Enlightenment.

People getting together in a massive grind group could constantly pass it around and so long as you didn't zone or log, it worked. That is my understanding.

Need confirmation from ZOS or all is speculation, but I have personally seen Enlightenment spread to me by buffs of others.

Stop trolling with this garbage, seriously.
    Options
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should just roll everything back so everyone is back on 70 CP and disable enlightenment until it's fixed!

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Don't roll everyone back. You would be robbing those who have gotten legitimate points via questing/pvp. Pick those who obviously were using the exploits and have a high number and roll those guys back to a reasonable Cp (i.e. 150 cp).
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

Options
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Don't roll everyone back. You would be robbing those who have gotten legitimate points via questing/pvp. Pick those who obviously were using the exploits and have a high number and roll those guys back to a reasonable Cp (i.e. 150 cp).

Any number is arbitrary. Rollbacks are not the answer.
    Options
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** no, I gained some CP without the exploit!
    Options
  • sicc
    sicc
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I was bugged. But since spellscar was nerfed I played normally doing pvp and a little of cadwells silver. I don't think I got more then 7 or 8 cp . I really just wanted to grind to vr14 and just pvp the rest of my days. But now I'm forced to do cadwells to level and gain cp. I have a feeling though that in a couple months cyrodiil will be a mess with god like people running around.

I don't suspect I'll be sticking around long. To bad really I was really into this game since I came back.
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop punishing players for playing . I could less if anyone got more then me . If they put in the time and are stronger for it , good for them . There's always gonna be a gap . That's mmos . There's already a 70 pt for new players vs vr14 . Just the way it goes .
    Options
  • SC0TY999
    SC0TY999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vis wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno

That seems fair!

I've heard that some people had perma bugged enlightenment and apparently have 250+ CP points I haven't seen it personally.

But all in all not a good start from ZOS, I must say! To release a system like this, which is bugged and can help someone get a huge head start making them stronger than a person without as many CP points in PvP.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Trolling]
    Edited by ZOS_MichelleA on March 8, 2015 4:24PM
    Options
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raise everyone to 250 if its the problem then?
    Options
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How and where does one grind this CP?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
    Options
This discussion has been closed.