The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Will there be "XMas" in Tamriel

Apokh
Apokh
✭✭✭✭✭
I guess some ppl will tear me into pieces for this, but I´ve got to ask this :wink:

Think most of us here played some other MMORPGs before. I always liked and enjoyed the "Seasonal Events" at Easter, Haloween or XMAS.

I KNOW...ESO at this point has more serious problems to solve.
I KNOW...many ppl will say "waste of time and ressources".
I KNOW...some ppl do not like to be disturbed by pumpkins and xmas-trees.

But I wondered, weather or wheater not ZENIMAX will bring us some Christmas-Flair to ESO after Easter and Halloween passed unrecognized in Tamriel.
So the people who always complain have new stuff to complain about, the ppl enjoying the event are happy, too.

I´d really like to see the X-Mas Crafting Style Book (cloth-santa clause, leather - xmas fairy, plate - hmm...snowman?^^ no styles, no traits), an Item which turns my Horse to a Rendeer, "blessing gingerbread" receipes and unique disguises.

Anyone else agreeing?

Greets from Apokh
Legenden
Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
Besuch uns.
Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Christmas in Tamriel. But I could be wrong, so please double check the list.

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Calendar

Plus, "ESO at this point has more seious problems to solve."
    Options
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are still enough festivals taking place in evening star month.
    What is the world without celebration? BOOOORING!
    Legenden
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
    Options
  • NadiusMaximus
    NadiusMaximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^Fix stuff first.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO NEW CONTENT/FLUFF UNTIL THIS MESS IS FIXED^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    With every single thing they have released, multiple bugs, breaks, glitches, have been introduced. Go back and look at the patch notes, what they have done compared to what has been broke by the "FIXES", I figure they are about six months behind themselves. I based that off of them still trying to fix stuff they broke in June.

No new content, fixes first. Then fix the fixes. Then fix the fixes fixes and eventually the fixes will be fixed. Maybe.
    Options
  • Kreetar
    Kreetar
    ✭✭✭
    I seriously doubt that they will include such things, even if it sounds fun in our heads.
    dip me in the blood of mortals and throw me to the Dremora

Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If something is organised by a guild/RP group, otherwise no, ZoS have made their views on real world holidays very clear.
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    please not
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    If something is organised by a guild/RP group, otherwise no, ZoS have made their views on real world holidays very clear.

Yes, they have. But they are probably the only American company that doesn't realize the value of holidays in a customer driven environment. I am not saying there should be xmas in ESO, but there have to be some festivities.
    Can we expect any?
    Options
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »

Yes, they have. But they are probably the only American company that doesn't realize the value of holidays in a customer driven environment. I am not saying there should be xmas in ESO, but there have to be some festivities.
    Can we expect any?

I think the OP answered your question best.
    Apokh wrote: »
    I KNOW...many ppl will say "waste of time and resources".
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Razzak wrote: »

Can we expect any?

I don't understand their views at all, even if they were to base something on a close festival in lore it would be in their interests to do so and to do the marketing, but they seem to feel otherwise!

Even if Christmas isnt a holiday for everyone, many cultures celebrate around the solstice (21/22 Dec), or some point close to the longest night/return of the sun etc...

Would love to see a mid-winter festival & something based around it, but it's probably asking a bit much with them aiming to push 1.6 on the 16th Dec (rough guess on the 6 wks & that they aint going to want to push a patch out on the 23/24th)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • hutchinsonhatch
    hutchinsonhatch
    ✭✭✭
    No Christmas, no Easter... no worldly bull****.
    I KNOW...many ppl will say "waste of time and ressources".
    I KNOW...some ppl do not like to be disturbed by pumpkins and xmas-trees.
    So much knowledge, young Padawan.
    But I wondered, weather or wheater not ZENIMAX will bring us some...

Is it the weather? Sometimes you'll have to decide, whether the weather influences your appetite for wheat or not, not wheed... ;)
    Edited by hutchinsonhatch on November 20, 2014 9:59AM
    Options
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the weather? Sometimes you'll have to decide, whether the weather influences your appetite for wheat or not, not wheed... ;)

Wonder WHETER your german is as good as my english is?
    Grammar bashing is soo...flat.
    Edited by Apokh on November 20, 2014 10:32AM
    Legenden
    Besuch uns.
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kreetar wrote: »
    I seriously doubt that they will include such things, even if it sounds fun in our heads.

Actually I generally don't like real world celebrations in games, they just don't work. I know some people like it, but to me it just gets in the way of the game, lacks the true family feel, and is just plain tacky.

The idea sounds good, and sometimes the stuff even looks good, until you see fifty thousand people using it, and you ask yourself "why?"
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats why I used these little "" guys.
    Defacto not a single celebration/ festival took place in Tamriel since I dropped there in January. Can it be such a sad world ;) ?
    Edited by Apokh on November 20, 2014 10:57AM
    Legenden
    Besuch uns.
    Options
  • McLukos
    McLukos
    ✭✭✭
    Can it be such a sad world ;) ?

Yes... yes it is a sad world.
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go to Five Finger Dance in Reaper's March and invite all the elves and you can have your christmas. :)
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well ZoS totally blew off Halloween and they've stated that they won't be doing this kind of thing. I really DO hope they change their mind. I don't want real world holidays sneaking into Tamriel but I think it would be completely awesome for lore-friendly festivals to occur in sync with our real world holidays and offer some fun quests and fluff rewards that are in keeping with the theme of the game. Most players DO enjoy that kind of thing and by keeping it to fluff those that don't can just bypass it and carry on as usual, knowing they haven't really missed anything...except the fun the rest of us would be having!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well to be honest if we should talk about event in Tamriel and if i understand the link kewl post Tamriel do have "Seasonal Events" and that ZoS say it is up to community to make the events that is just FUBAR for the can use those events the link that kewl post and wont mess up with Tamriel Calendar and the world of ESO

For example :

Evening Star which is like December for here in real world the have events that is like Xmas
    • 24th of Evening Star: Chil'a is celebrated. (Redguard festival). It is a celebration of the new year.
    • 25th of Evening Star: New Life Festival is celebrated. The New Life Festival comes a few days early in Wayrest. Originally a holiday for a long forgotten god of debauchery, it has become a time of gift giving, parties, and parading.
    • 31st of Evening Star: Old Life Festival is celebrated.

So tell me that Tamriel don't celebrate different evnets is just load off FUBAR
    Edited by Wolfshead on November 20, 2014 1:17PM
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm of the mind that no, we shouldn't celebrate real world holidays in ESO. However, Evening Star 25th is traditionally the Saturalia New Life festival which is celebrated with gift giving, parties & parades. THAT is 100% lore friendly.

Now, even though I agree ZOS needs to fix the fixes and then fix those fixes.... at SOME point they need to just put some effort into creating a living, vibrant world. Without it, ESO will wither.

Hopefully ZOS had a new content team to work independently from those who are working on balancing and bug fixes because the first year without these festivals is understandable, but this sort of content should be a pretty big priority.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, nope. Immersion people would start throwing stuff.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there are already festivals happening within the game world.

There is an entire city of Skywatch under a 24/7/365 year festival.

How about the Autumnal festival you have to eat the dirt in?

You don't have too much interaction with them and you definitely don't get shinies for it.

Now, most other MMO's give you shinies (christmas hats, pumpkin heads, special foods etc). Is this a plea for goodies or are you just wanting to see something different in the landscape?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. By the Eight, no! I don't know why RL holidays should be in game.
    2. AFAIK ZOS said that they don't want any holidays in game(I don't want to search link right now, but if you want, try to read another holidays topics).
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eh, nope. Those of us who in fact ARE immersion freaks... many of us REALLY want this. NO real world holiday references or items, just Tamriel appropriate holidays and festivals. That BRINGS immersion, it doesn't break it.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭
    Has been stated from waaaaay back in development that the game would never have "traditional" holiday events as per other MMOs. And good on them for it.
    Options
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    2. AFAIK ZOS said that they don't want any holidays in game(I don't want to search link right now, but if you want, try to read another holidays topics).

Well lore wise Tamriel do have "holidays" just look that link blow

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Calendarhttp://
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Eh, nope. Those of us who in fact ARE immersion freaks... many of us REALLY want this. NO real world holiday references or items, just Tamriel appropriate holidays and festivals. That BRINGS immersion, it doesn't break it.

Well then it isn't Xmas in Tamriel as the title of the thread asks.
    Edited by timidobserver on November 20, 2014 1:38PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DO NOT WANT RL holidays in ESO! Let us follow and use fun lore days that are already in the lore of TES.
    Options
  • Unknown_poster
    Unknown_poster
    ✭✭✭

Would love for them to do immersion holidays. With no special dailies, no special seasonal "loot", and absolutely no other stuff for them to break. Perhaps a bunch of snarky npcs who stand around in busy spots like Rawl'kha on AD side saying "Happy Festivus" every 10 seconds or so.
    Options
  • Loneshard
    Loneshard
    ✭✭✭
    No, please not!
    Celebrations from the real world should never be in the Elder Scrolls..
    That would totally destroy the immersion!
    I am totally against this idea!
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »

Well lore wise Tamriel do have "holidays" just look that link blow

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Calendarhttp://

You see RL? It means real life. Also, correct your link.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Good, this isn't Earth, so no Christmas.

Now if you just have People celebrating and saying "Happy Day of Lights", or something similar, then fine, have NPCs partying (not to the point that vendors and inns stop working though), and let us get on with adventuring.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
    Options