Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Will there be "XMas" in Tamriel

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    But, on the upside, there is always a winter celebration of Konunleikar going on in Windhelm--complete with mead-drinking, competitions, mead-drinking, celebraaashuns, mead-drinki, paaaartieees, meeeed-drin, King Joruuun!, meeee
    I was in Windhelm last night and overheard an Argonian say "I erect the spine of...inebriation."
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apokh wrote: »
    Is it the weather? Sometimes you'll have to decide, whether the weather influences your appetite for wheat or not, not wheed... ;)

Wonder WHETER your german is as good as my english is?
    Grammar bashing is soo...flat.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_burn_centers_in_the_United_States
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • Aeratus
    Aeratus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    I DO NOT WANT RL holidays in ESO! Let us follow and use fun lore days that are already in the lore of TES.
    Agree. No RL holidays in ESO please.
    Options
  • Sprinkles28
    Sprinkles28
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree with the no real holidays hate going on here. I think events should be done 2 ways in ESO.

1. Holiday events that line up with real world holidays. If you don't want to call it Christmas, that's fine. But they should correspond date wise with real holidays. You can easily make a ESO Lore event around Halloween, Xmas, New Years, etc.

These events should offer flush rewards like others here have mentioned. The world should be transformed as much as possible to match the season / holiday. Its absolutely amazing seeing a familiar town covered with snow and xmas looking decorates everywhere. And you can easily make old-world looking decorates without making ESO look like some neon light show.

2. Off season events / combat events. Examples would be a summer event were say The Goblin King (fill in lore to make this work) gathers force to take over such and such place. So the world is filled with a crazy number of goblins. We have a few weeks killing goblin champions and holding them from taking over towns etc, or we fail to hold them and they take over towns / areas. Eventually leading up to end of events massive boss or multiple bosses fight.

These events should offer unique rewards based on level. Maybe a unique armor set or unique crafting motif. Perhaps a unique mount.

Having events, weather holiday or off season, make the world feel dynamic and alive. It, even if only temporarily, pulls you out of the end game grind cycle. Having unique rewards, though at first don't seem like much because most player will have them, over time allows people to stand out. "Where'd you get that bad**s mount" asked the newbie. The vet responds "I got this in the vampire uprising last year. Took it from the vampire emperor." A mixture between open world events and small group events allows players to come together as a community as well. So yeah, anyway, I feel we should have 2 types of events. Holiday season and off season. :)
    Options
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I don't want REAL HOLIDAYS IN MY PRETENDY FUN TIME GAME IT ROONS MAH IMERSHIONS"

Yea yea we get it.

Still I reiterate my stance on the idea that there should be some lore-friendly GAME RUN holiday events. Player run stuff is all well and good but imagination in an age where you can make pretty much ANYTHING with pixels and digitalizations and whatnot, is a little ridiculous.

Give us festivals. Give us special merchants. Give us unique looking gear. Give use special food/drink. Give us minigames.

You know, once everything's all ironed out and not SNAFU.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In-game Tamrielic holiday events are something we'd love eventually do, but they are not currently on our development roadmap. What would you all like to see?

For the holidays this year, we will have a digital holiday card from ZOS to share with you all, as we have the last couple years. We have few very small community activity events planned, too. :)

I would like to see something for the holidays but I would still like to keep events tied to the games lore as much as possible without being too distracting.

I personally though obviously don't speak for the entire community don't want to see santa costumes, hats, reindeer etc. all over Tamriel.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Nijjion
    Nijjion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I miss GW/GW2 holiday events... they have the best updates that every MMO should strive for.
    NijjijjioN - DK - AR27
    NijjioN - NB -
    Daggerfall Covenant
    The Nice Guys Guild
    EverQuest -> Dark Age of Camelot -> Ragnarok Online -> Cabal Online -> Guild Wars 1 -> Warhammer Online -> Vindictus -> SWTOR -> Tera -> Guild Wars 2 -> Elder Scrolls Online ->

Eagerly awaiting Camelot Unchained.
    Options
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I have to agree with most of the above posters. As much as I appreciate holiday spirit, I find that pervasive holiday events in MMO's clutter up the environment with all sorts of ridiculous things over time. Seasonal hats, boots, expendable emotes, mounts, etc, etc...all of which almost always make their way into the day-to-day existence of the game to one extent or another.

So, eventually, we'll be running around cyrodill battling sorcerers in santa hats up against Templars with their pumpkin shields and suddenly a host of Aldmeri Dominion will ride over the hill on their...I dunno...Easter Rabbit mounts or some such

and while some people will certainly see this as an exciting way of "standing out from the crowd", myself, I just find it...distracting. I'm quite content to enjoy some modest seasonal greetings - a quick card from Zenimax with some holiday consumable food, perhaps - something modest, something that WONT be thrown in my face by every player that insists on STANDING OUT by jumping up and down in front of me insisting I recognize their non-conformity by digital proxy.

anyway, since you asked - 'dems my thoughts
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want any "Real World" holiday events in-game. I hate "Real World" events in any game. I log into the world you've created to escape from mine, even if for just a short time. Don't kill the immersion for us.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In any case, it shouldn't be named Christmas, but Talosmas :trollface:

Problem with holidays in game, is that in-game days lasts 6hs real time, so you have 4 in-game days for each RL day. Thus the in-game date aren't synced with our calendar.

EDIT: I know that Talos is not here yet :) Another reason to avoid Talosmas :D
    Edited by leeux on November 20, 2014 8:39PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
    Options
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    In any case, it shouldn't be named Christmas, but Talosmas :trollface:

Problem with holidays in game, is that in-game days lasts 6hs real time, so you have 4 in-game days for each RL day. Thus the in-game date aren't synced with our calendar.

EDIT: I know that Talos is not here yet :) Another reason to avoid Talosmas :D

Talos doesn't exist in ESO.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, seems so many ppl are cought in their hunt for XP, fame, materials an loot that they do not care about the world around. Festivals DO add a huge amount of how it feels to be in Tamriel. I can imagine many ppl are not interested in stuff like this when they run their farming paths, head for the ds arena or the trial group. But I bet everyone would kind of enjoy ingame festivals - no matter for me, wheter lore or not lore. In my opinion these are the little things beside the big adventure, what makes a godd mmo world.

I opened a thread for a "player driven event" to find ppl to participate. I wrote messages to different guids to ask, wheter they are interested to set it up. Guess how many I found? Right..not a single one. That´s all bout "player driven stuff".

Also a lot of ppl do not recognize the quote signs, or they just do not know what to think about them. But nevermind.

Here's the big problem with "player driven stuff." You don't actually get anything for it and it's actually impossible to do. I run a roleplaying guild. We constantly have RP events that are well attended but to even do the limited things we CAN accomplish we have to rely on third party tools to let us have things like adversary NPCs to fight. Now imagine if you could write up something like the following and have Zenimax make it happen:

Guild Awesome will be sponsoring the following event: Daedric Invasion Location: Rivenspire Ruins X. ((There would be a map provided for you to pinpoint the location of your event))
    NPCs needed: 5 Kynreeves level 45, I Kynreeve Boss level 45.
    Time: 8:00 PM EST
    Date: Nov. 24, 2014

Now, your group gathers at the location and, at the appointed time, voila'! the appropriate NPCs spawn. And at the end there is a lootable chest that everyone in the group can grab.

THAT is what is needed for "player driven" events. Without the tools to make the actual GAMEPLAY happen such events are nothing but talking. Granted, we RPers are pretty used to this and our imaginations make up for an awful lot. But we really need the sandbox to make "real" events happen.

And, sadly, I don't see Zenimax ever supporting that kind of system. But the gaming company that DOES figure out how to marry the pen and paper RPG concept to an MMO is going to make a bleeding FORTUNE.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't want real world holidays in game.

Don't get me wrong, I like Christmas. I always have a great time with my family, but when people start putting up Christmas lights right after Halloween and radio stations are falling over each other over who plays Christmas music first, I really want to be able to take a break from it by logging into ESO.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • grimsfield
    grimsfield
    ✭✭✭
    In-game Tamrielic holiday events are something we'd love eventually do, but they are not currently on our development roadmap. What would you all like to see?

For the holidays this year, we will have a digital holiday card from ZOS to share with you all, as we have the last couple years. We have few very small community activity events planned, too. :)

short answer... No christmas in Tamriel this year!!!!
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they do not do festivals either. Spend the limited development time you guys have at ZOS to make content we can enjoy all year round.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with lore-related Tamrielic holiday events, but please, no pseudo-Christmas events. They're completely out of place.
    Options
  • Morana
    Morana
    ✭✭✭
    I think holiday events are a lot of fun and add a little spark and variety to the game for a brief while. Plus the loot! I loved the ugly Christmas sweaters we got in Fallen Earth one year, and the lit up spiked baseball bats! Talk about killing wasteland mutants in style. ;) Snowball tossing in SWTOR was a fun giggle last year, as were the Santa-style speeders.

But I do agree it should be something ES lore appropriate, such as a winter festival. (Akin to celebrating Wookie Life Day in the Star Wars MMO's during the RL Christmas season.) Maybe with special mead recipes, that sort of thing.
    Options
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love holiday events, and fully support them for ESO. But we didn't have a Halloween event so I doubt there will be anything...
    Edited by bosmern_ESO on November 21, 2014 2:37AM
    ~Thallen~
    Options
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • hutchinsonhatch
    hutchinsonhatch
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, seems so many ppl are cought in their hunt for XP, fame, materials an loot that they do not care about the world around. Festivals DO add a huge amount of how it feels to be in Tamriel. I can imagine many ppl are not interested in stuff like this when they run their farming paths, head for the ds arena or the trial group. But I bet everyone would kind of enjoy ingame festivals - no matter for me, wheter lore or not lore. In my opinion these are the little things beside the big adventure, what makes a godd mmo world.

I opened a thread for a "player driven event" to find ppl to participate. I wrote messages to different guids to ask, wheter they are interested to set it up. Guess how many I found? Right..not a single one. That´s all bout "player driven stuff".

Also a lot of ppl do not recognize the quote signs, or they just do not know what to think about them. But nevermind.

Actually, I wouldn't be excited, if they're not strictly lore-based.
    Then again, introducing them completely without any kind of reward would be good, otherwise the game traps itself in the "those rewards are just reskinned, ZOS sucks"-cycle after 2-3 years.
    Keep all of this in mind before you committ to an idea.

They have done quite a number of amazing things compared to other games out there, let them keep that quality and not hurry towards an appeasement-approach, like so many other games do.
    Edited by hutchinsonhatch on November 21, 2014 7:31AM
    Options
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »

They aren't needed. The development road map should focus on fixing class balance, getting the Champion System out, getting Spell crafting out, fixing bugs, fixing the gear reward system (both drops off dungeon bosses and the undaunted pledge rewards, perhaps introduce class specific sets for tokens that you can save up for), fixing bugs, fixing class balance, fixing bugs, and fixing class balance.

For actual content: Meaningful and rewarding solo veteran content to do when we can't find groups in Craglorn, for Trials, or for Dungeons.

Yes, they are. Now, stop and think before you start typing "They aren't to me!". What is better for a community? Days of festivities, laughter and joy or constant, dreary world without it?
    It's about community, not you or me. Tamriel has a calendar and it's own holidays, so ... where are they?
    Options
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked it when they gave us snowballs on DDO.
    Meh...**** it..
    Options
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    The lore doesn't permit any Christmas or Halloween. The lore does have plenty of tamrielic holidays though, so maybe they could do something with that at some point.
    http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Calendar#Holidays
    Edited by brandon on November 21, 2014 7:58AM
    Options
  • Loneshard
    Loneshard
    ✭✭✭
    brandon wrote: »
    The lore doesn't permit any Christmas or Halloween. The lore does have plenty of tamrielic holidays though, so maybe they could do something with that at some point.

That would be great!
    Please just no holidays from real life!
    Options
  • Loneshard
    Loneshard
    ✭✭✭
    What would you all like to see?

Something like that..

Please not something like that..
    2216-1-1322733717.jpg
    :D

Options
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm neutral on this.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
    Options
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loneshard wrote: »
    What would you all like to see?

Something like that..

Please not something like that..
    2216-1-1322733717.jpg
    :D

I actually saw someone some time ago that had colored his armor like santa claus outfit.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Options
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    ..., but they are not currently on our development roadmap. ...

That is the problem. If they want to do something big and something very good, then it will be long time. Very very long time, maybe one more year:(. Before the Tamrielic holidays, I would like to see bonus weekends. Small, more easier implement.
    Double ... week or weekend.
    - Double Allaince point
    - Double Arena point in PvP Arenas :smile::smiley::wink::blush:
    - Double experience
    - Doble chance rare items from dungeon and trial bosses
    - Double faster hirelings
    - Double gold coin reward from dailies
    - etc.
    Options
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I honestly don't like holiday events in games.

First of all, when there is X-mas then I don't play a game but sit under the Christmas tree. ;)

Secondly, there should be a difference between RL and VL and such events break that immersion.

Last but not least, the events are never done in a good way. We either have to dress like Santa, maybe get a reindeer mount or see typical X-mas merchandise on every corner. This is stuff I don't need personally and I think the resources are better spent on stuff that is current every day and not just on the 25th as example.
    Options
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    brandon wrote: »

I'm going to quote this. Tamriel doesn't need Real Life holidays, as there are TONs of holidays from all across Tamriel they can put in.

To name a few:

Warrior's Festival
    Fiery Night Celebration
    Day of Release
    Feast of the Dead
    Heart's Day
    First Planting
    Festival of Blades
    Jester's Day

And many many many more. Just go to that link and you can read a bit about them.

Leave the RL Holidays out of Tamriel.
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
    Options