The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Divines Trait NOT fixed in 1.3.5

Bflaker
Bflaker
•The Divines Armor Trait will now properly increase Mundus Stone effects.

Logging in now to see what changed. I'm wearing 4 pieces with Divines and was still getting very small increases with each piece. I wonder if this fix makes the increases more? I'll let you guys know shortly.

**EDIT: NOT FIXED!!!
Edited by Bflaker on August 25, 2014 8:55PM
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    Ok. With no food buffs, my Health is 2405 with The Lord Stone and 3 pieces of legendary armor with Divines(7.5%). When I remove the 3 pieces of armor, my Health stays at 2405. Any ideas?
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bflaker wrote: »
    Ok. With no food buffs, my Health is 2405 with The Lord Stone and 3 pieces of legendary armor with Divines(7.5%). When I remove the 3 pieces of armor, my Health stays at 2405. Any ideas?

go grab a different mundus, then go back to the Lord while NOT wearing Divines armor. set it. check new stats. Last, put on divine armor and check stats. Let us know your results. ty

• kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then watch him get the bug where he can't change stones.. :lol:
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    Tried switching stones to see if it just needed reset. Didn't fix it. Doesn't matter if I'm wearing the armor with the Divines trait or not wearing it. I get the same bonus. NOT FIXED!!!!!
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    Warraxx wrote: »

go grab a different mundus, then go back to the Lord while NOT wearing Divines armor. set it. check new stats. Last, put on divine armor and check stats. Let us know your results. ty

I'll try setting the stone without wearing the pieces. Didn't think of that.
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    Wow. They really screwed this up. Went back to The Lord stone. Took off the 3 pieces of armor with Divines. Activated The Lord stone and now my Health only goes up to 2381. I put the 3 pieces of armor back on and it doesn't budge. I was at 2405 with The Lord stone before I started this testing. WTF?!?!
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    Nothing else left to do except submit a customer service ticket. Blahhhh
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One has to question how this made it into the patch notes. I mean, you'd think that any QA department worth their salary would actually test this before marking it off as "fixed".
    confused24.gif
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try the following steps. If this does not work, please report the issue using /bug and include the steps that you took.

1. Go to Preferred Stone
    2. Open Character Window (C)
    3. Cancel Stone Effect
    4. Remove armor
    5. /Reloadui
    6. Note your numbers in your character screen that are affected by your preferred stone
    7. Click to activate the stone
    8. Note the numbers again on your Character Sheet
    9. If the numbers did NOT change, /reloadui and check again.
    10. If the number still did not change, /bug report the issue. In your bug report, include the Stone you are using, what zone it is in, what your character level is, what your faction is, what your armor information is (type, and quality, along with Stone Effect Percentage), what the numbers were/are before and after activating the stone.
    11. If the numbers did change, note the new number.
    12. Put your Divine's Armor back on
    13. Note the numbers on the character sheet?
    14. If the numbers did not change, /reloadui
    15. Note the numbers again.
    16. If the numbers have still not changed from your naked number to you armor number, /bug report and provide the information regarding what steps you took (these steps here) along with the information in #10 above.

Edited by JessieColt on August 25, 2014 9:20PM
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    How do you cancel stone effect? I tried right clicking on it and nothing happens.
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you cancel stone effect? I tried right clicking on it and nothing happens.

If you cannot right click to cancel the effect, then Z either changed the mechanic, since you used to be able to do that, or something else is going wrong that will not allow you to cancel the stone effect.

Unfortunately, helping in that case is beyond my expertise and I have no clue. You will have to resort to running back and forth between a couple of stones to cancel the effect you are testing.
  • Bflaker
    Bflaker
    Well that sucks. I've already run back and forth and did what you said to do and it didn't change anything. Waiting on a response from CS.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    One has to question how this made it into the patch notes. I mean, you'd think that any QA department worth their salary would actually test this before marking it off as "fixed".
    confused24.gif

You have been around long enough to know already that the ZOS QA department is either woefully understaffed or has misguided directives or is still new and inexperienced when it comes to software testing. I won't mention a fourth possibility. The sheer number of in your face bugs that reach the live server and the recent Road Ahead article (not to mention the posts on these forums) practically begging players to join the PTS should tell you all you need to know about what ZOS thinks of their own QA team's ability to adequately test this game.
    Edited by LonePirate on August 25, 2014 10:36PM
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    confused24.gif

You have been around long enough to know already that the ZOS QA department is either woefully understaffed or has misguided directives or is still new and inexperienced when it comes to software testing. I won't mention a fourth possibility. The sheer number of in your face bugs that reach the live server and the recent Road Ahead article (not to mention the posts on these forums) practically begging players to join the PTS should tell you all need to know about what ZOS thinks of their own team's ability to adequately test this game.

I love how people who have no clue about what goes on behind the scenes is suddenly an expert on companies they do not work for, do not know the Real Names of the employees, has never sat in one of the company meetings, and just in general thinks that because they play the company's game, they know everything there is to know about how the company operates.

As for asking people to join the PTS, yeah, moron, this is a HUGE game, and not everything can be checked or tested by a limited number of people.

I do not know of one online MMO gaming company that hasn't actively encouraged users to join the Test Servers.

Most of those companies even give rewards to the users who do participate in the Test environments. Various games that I have played in the past have given out in game clothing, vanity pets, etc. for helping the company test code.

Games of the size and scope of ESO are not tic, tack, toe on a piece of paper in pencil where if you write X instead of O you can just erase it and re-write it.

Something as "simple" as one piece of Legendary armor with a trait may have a problem, but that same piece of armor in Green, or Blue may not have the issue. THAT will usually not be found by just having 10 people on the PTS.

The more people who test, and retest, and check, and play, the greater the chance of finding issues like that.

The more issues are found on the test server, the better the chance that the company has to fix them before code release.

Hell, even airplanes crash after going through extensive testing before they are available for airlines to buy. At least in an online game, people do not die for real when something is bugged.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JessieColt wrote: »
    confused24.gif

You have been around long enough to know already that the ZOS QA department is either woefully understaffed or has misguided directives or is still new and inexperienced when it comes to software testing. I won't mention a fourth possibility. The sheer number of in your face bugs that reach the live server and the recent Road Ahead article (not to mention the posts on these forums) practically begging players to join the PTS should tell you all need to know about what ZOS thinks of their own team's ability to adequately test this game.

I love how people who have no clue about what goes on behind the scenes is suddenly an expert on companies they do not work for, do not know the Real Names of the employees, has never sat in one of the company meetings, and just in general thinks that because they play the company's game, they know everything there is to know about how the company operates.

I am currently a professional software tester and I have been so for several years. I think I am in a pretty good position to make an assessment of the QA department at ZOS. I don't need to know their names or be present in their meetings as I have witnessed the fruits of their labor since last November and I can compare their efforts to my own years of professional experience.

I don't object to you standing up for the ZOS QA team as I am sure there are some very bright and hard-working people on the team. I just believe it is short-sighted on your part to think outside observers have no idea what is going on with them when it's patently obvious that one (or more) of the scenarios I mentioned is currently plaguing the department. But keep on believing that everything is right as rain with them and pay no attention to users reporting continued bugs with an item that was supposedly fixed (again!) with today's patch, for instance.

• kieso
    kieso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    confused24.gif

As for asking people to join the PTS, yeah, moron, this is a HUGE game, and not everything can be checked or tested by a limited number of people.

I do not know of one online MMO gaming company that hasn't actively encouraged users to join the Test Servers.

Most of those companies even give rewards to the users who do participate in the Test environments. Various games that I have played in the past have given out in game clothing, vanity pets, etc. for helping the company test code.

Games of the size and scope of ESO are not tic, tack, toe on a piece of paper in pencil where if you write X instead of O you can just erase it and re-write it.

Something as "simple" as one piece of Legendary armor with a trait may have a problem, but that same piece of armor in Green, or Blue may not have the issue. THAT will usually not be found by just having 10 people on the PTS.

The more people who test, and retest, and check, and play, the greater the chance of finding issues like that.

The more issues are found on the test server, the better the chance that the company has to fix them before code release.

Hell, even airplanes crash after going through extensive testing before they are available for airlines to buy. At least in an online game, people do not die for real when something is bugged.

C'mon though checking to see if this bug was fixed couldn't be that hard for ZOS to do..I mean it's pretty specific and all.
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. They really screwed this up. Went back to The Lord stone. Took off the 3 pieces of armor with Divines. Activated The Lord stone and now my Health only goes up to 2381. I put the 3 pieces of armor back on and it doesn't budge. I was at 2405 with The Lord stone before I started this testing. WTF?!?!

This is you punishment for questioning a patch note!
  • Quietas
    Quietas
    Soul Shriven
    Yup, 72 magicka on my hat with a 6.5% mundus stone bonus. The mage boon. Exactly 72 magicka gain when I put on the hat. I changed stones with and without armor as well.

This is with an in game bug ticket and an out of game support ticket in place and actively working with ZSO for the past two weeks. I was told the fix wouldn't even be in this patch most likely. I guess they were right.
    Edited by Quietas on August 26, 2014 4:59AM
  • Quietas
    Quietas
    Soul Shriven
    Well that sucks. I've already run back and forth and did what you said to do and it didn't change anything. Waiting on a response from CS.

Damnit, I just did the same. I changed stones with no armor on and lost magicka. WTF ZOS, get this fixed please.

Put your armor back on and go get the boon again, it will be fixed.

Magicka while naked after getting The Mage boon while wearing no armor: 1153

Magicka while naked after getting The Mage boon while wearing all armor: 1223
    Edited by Quietas on August 26, 2014 5:25AM
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    Quietas wrote: »

Damnit, I just did the same. I changed stones with no armor on and lost magicka. WTF ZOS, get this fixed please.

Used to happen to me every patch with Divines + Thief.

Try relogging. Sometimes even travelling around wayshrines somehow triggered it to work.
    I can has typing!
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem with my divines trait on armor pieces.

Had Arm Cops of Night Silence improved to Epic with divines trait which gave a 6.5% mundus stone effect. Using the Mages Stone my Magicka was 1721. After patch 1.3.5, I improved the Arm Cops to ledgendary which then gave a 7.5% mundus stone effect. My magicka remained at 1721 and did not increase.

In addition I removed the three pieces of armor I wear with the divines trait attached using the Mage Stone hoping it might fix the problem. With armor on Magicka 1721 with armor off 1721. Put armor back on 1721.

My question is why say something has been fixed when in fact it has not. Zenimax what is the big problem in fixing some of these things. If you are asking yourselves why players are getting frustrated this is one of the reasons.
    Edited by Palidon on August 26, 2014 7:35AM
  • Mondo
    Mondo
    ✭✭✭✭
    My crit gone from 70% to 90% yes it works
    Im not the Hero you need, im the Troll you deserve!
    - Survived the WoW Pre LK Rogue Forum "Come at me Bro" -

L2P = Accept that DK is OP and stop complaining
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    •The Divines Armor Trait will now properly increase Mundus Stone effects.

Logging in now to see what changed. I'm wearing 4 pieces with Divines and was still getting very small increases with each piece. I wonder if this fix makes the increases more? I'll let you guys know shortly.

**EDIT: NOT FIXED!!!

Not Fixed.

I also still have display error.

1. I go to C screen. I check bonuses.
    2. I swap Thief out for Mage, then back to Thief.
    3. My Crit bonuses are higher and display correctly and Divines not work.
    4. I re-zone to Cyrodil and my "display fix" is broken again.

Within; Without.
  • revcasy
    revcasy
    ✭✭✭
    The Divines bonus is working, it is just not working the way you would expect. The bonus you receive from mundus stones depends on the armor you are wearing when you activate the stone.

It is as if the stone gives you a one-time buff, and the amount of that buff is determined at the moment you use the stone. If you are wearing full Divine trait, you will get the benefit. If you are naked you will get the baseline buff. The gear you equip from that point on has NO EFFECT on the buff you already received.

You should craft a full set of divine gear, go and activate the stone you want, then change into whatever gear you like. Your bonus will not change.

Edit to add: Just don't use the Warrior stone in this way unless you are comfortable with keeping it indefinitely. There is a bug currently making it impossible to change buffs once receiving the Warrior buff.
    Edited by revcasy on August 26, 2014 1:11PM
    Be content to seem what you really are.--M. Aurelius
  • Rhazmuz
    Rhazmuz
    ✭✭✭
    revcasy wrote: »
    The Divines bonus is working, it is just not working the way you would expect. The bonus you receive from mundus stones depends on the armor you are wearing when you activate the stone.

It is as if the stone gives you a one-time buff, and the amount of that buff is determined at the moment you use the stone. If you are wearing full Divine trait, you will get the benefit. If you are naked you will get the baseline buff. The gear you equip from that point on has NO EFFECT on the buff you already received.

You should craft a full set of divine gear, go and activate the stone you want, then change into whatever gear you like. Your bonus will not change.

Edit to add: Just don't use the Warrior stone in this way unless you are comfortable with keeping it indefinitely. There is a bug currently making it impossible to change buffs once receiving the Warrior buff.

This is quite interesting if it holds up.. surely this cant be working as intended??
    Rhazmuz - Nord DK tank
    PS4 - EU
  • Zadian
    Zadian
    ✭✭✭
    revcasy wrote: »

Thanks for pointing out how the divine trait works, but this sounds like a bug to me. A clarification from zenimax would be very nice. I don't want to exploit a bug, but if that's the intended way for the divine trait to work I'll certainly use it that way.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is like when they "fixed" the weapon swapping bug, or "fixed" the memory leak in Cyrodiil.
    :trollin:
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    confused24.gif

I am currently a professional software tester and I have been so for several years. I think I am in a pretty good position to make an assessment of the QA department at ZOS. I don't need to know their names or be present in their meetings as I have witnessed the fruits of their labor since last November and I can compare their efforts to my own years of professional experience.

I don't object to you standing up for the ZOS QA team as I am sure there are some very bright and hard-working people on the team. I just believe it is short-sighted on your part to think outside observers have no idea what is going on with them when it's patently obvious that one (or more) of the scenarios I mentioned is currently plaguing the department. But keep on believing that everything is right as rain with them and pay no attention to users reporting continued bugs with an item that was supposedly fixed (again!) with today's patch, for instance.

Outside observers, as you put it, are only able to see what is happening on production, not behind the scenes, so there really isn't much you are able to observe about how they work.

QA Teams test what they are given to test. Again, you have no idea what they are given to test.

Your argument from authority doesn't make your belief regarding the internal workings to which you are not privy correct.

As for standing up for people, yes, I believe that when attacked by others, especially when being attacked by people who have not one clue what is going on behind the scenes, that standing up for those people is a valid response to the personal attack.

• LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @JessieColt This might help you understand the points I made in my original comment.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductive_reasoning
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    confused24.gif

Outside observers, as you put it, are only able to see what is happening on production, not behind the scenes, so there really isn't much you are able to observe about how they work.

QA Teams test what they are given to test. Again, you have no idea what they are given to test.

Your argument from authority doesn't make your belief regarding the internal workings to which you are not privy correct.

As for standing up for people, yes, I believe that when attacked by others, especially when being attacked by people who have not one clue what is going on behind the scenes, that standing up for those people is a valid response to the personal attack.
    Who decided something like this wasn't important enough to be tested?
    :trollin: