Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

BUFF THE FISHING!

• The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    The only thing I think of when I see the Master Angler title is "Wow, what a waste of time/life."

Well, that's probably what some players think when they see the title "Stormproof" or "The Flawless Conquerer" - would be a complete waste of time for me. And to do it again and again and again... just to get a special piece of armor... Definitely not my cup of tea. :)
    But what makes one happy is what matters. :)

Exactly. Some enjoy fishing, others enjoy, for example, Arena Fights. Each to their own. It's like in RL: wouldn't it be boring if everybody enjoyed the same thing?
    Efaritay wrote: »
    2148 Insect parts for the Deshaan Blue.. I know the struggle!

Wow, that's mean! :o The one yesterday cost me about - I think - 800-900 crawlers, and I thought that was mean. So I know what to expect still.

Well vMA is not about the gear as it is about the challenge of the content. Spamming a button to get fish out of a pond is not my idea of time well spent. But I guess if they introduced ESO Tiddly Winks, it would be all the rage in some circles.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knock 'em Sock 'em Robots is all the rage? Because you know rage is what matters. :)
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well vMA is not about the gear as it is about the challenge of the content. Spamming a button to get fish out of a pond is not my idea of time well spent.

But that's exactly the point. You enjoy the fights in the arena, battles, challenges in combat etc. Others (like me) enjoy fishing, roaming around in the wilderness, enjoying the beauty of the game, doing the "normal" quests.
    Everybody has their own point of view when it comes to "their time well spent".

We just have to accept and respect that others like to spend their time in a different way. If you think that fishing in a computer game is boring and beneath you - that's your point of view and you have the right to think like this. But others (the ones who enjoy fishing for the Master Angler) have the right to think otherwise and, of all things, the right not to be ridiculed.

• Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff fish

latest?cb=20140803092631
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, in Final Fantasy VI, the three types of fish that you could catch were Icky Fish, Fish and Yummy Fish.
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Buff fish

latest?cb=20140803092631

LOL
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myrnhiel wrote: »
    The only thing I think of when I see the Master Angler title is "Wow, what a waste of time/life."

Well, that's probably what some players think when they see the title "Stormproof" or "The Flawless Conquerer" - would be a complete waste of time for me. And to do it again and again and again... just to get a special piece of armor... Definitely not my cup of tea. :)
    But what makes one happy is what matters. :)

Exactly. Some enjoy fishing, others enjoy, for example, Arena Fights. Each to their own. It's like in RL: wouldn't it be boring if everybody enjoyed the same thing?
    Efaritay wrote: »
    2148 Insect parts for the Deshaan Blue.. I know the struggle!

Wow, that's mean! :o The one yesterday cost me about - I think - 800-900 crawlers, and I thought that was mean. So I know what to expect still.

Well vMA is not about the gear as it is about the challenge of the content. Spamming a button to get fish out of a pond is not my idea of time well spent. But I guess if they introduced ESO Tiddly Winks, it would be all the rage in some circles.
    Sounds like you are yet another that may be belittled IRL and feels the need to come online and take the "challenge" of virtually belittling others in order to feel better about themselves. Bravo - I truly hope you feel better now! <3
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much all is bad, when it is converted into a grind - but that is not the fault of game design, but the fault of the individual player. Fish, when you have fun doing it, and let it go if you don't, and it will not be annoying anymore. The master angler title would not be worth anything, if it would be easily obtained. Some people like fishing and they want the title as their reward, and this reward would be belittled, if everyone else would have it as well - I fish once in a while and find it relaxing, but I would not want to convert it into a grind and force myself to do that for hours, this would be neither relaxing nor fun to do.
  • Svalinn
    Svalinn
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish fishing was a fun minigame instead of the boring thing it's now... unless they changed it in the last couple of months...
  • GarnetFire17
    GarnetFire17
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about achievements, but there should be ways to make fishing more rewarding and profitable.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is annoying is if you don't WANT the title, but fish for Roe purposes and get the uber rare fish, but can't sell them / trade them / gift them so trash or merchant them.

If I got a rare near another angler I'd give them it FOC I think, as from this post I've seen the hours people put into it!!

Or at least if you fillet it let you have 10/25/100 fish out of it!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyyyyyway will we ever have double fish again?

I use fishing as my source of gold and it's very tedious as you can imagine doing 100's of fish with no roe.
    With double fish it was actually worth while in wrothgar and the drops where higher.

Also the master angler would be easier

I get Perfect Roe every time I fish.Sometimes two or three during one pass,and I go to 4 different ponds to fish. Thankfully we dont get a double drop of it or the market would make them worth next to nothing.
  • RedRoomGaming
    RedRoomGaming
    ✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Anyyyyyway will we ever have double fish again?

I use fishing as my source of gold and it's very tedious as you can imagine doing 100's of fish with no roe.
    With double fish it was actually worth while in wrothgar and the drops where higher.

Also the master angler would be easier

I get Perfect Roe every time I fish.Sometimes two or three during one pass,and I go to 4 different ponds to fish. Thankfully we dont get a double drop of it or the market would make them worth next to nothing.

PS4 I have had about 2 roe in about 700 fish the past week :(
    PS4 Eu Server
    • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
    • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
    • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only if the fish have the chance to fight back.

*slaughterfish pulls the player into slaughterfish infested water*
  • KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to fillet a stack of fish. It's is far to slow and this one at a time thing is crazy. Buff the perfect roe drop too. It used to be 1.5% and my drops were right in line with that but I have't done much fishing over the past 2 months. I hear there was a ninja nerf to the roe drop rate but I haven't done much testing.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to fillet a stack of fish. It's is far to slow and this one at a time thing is crazy. Buff the perfect roe drop too. It used to be 1.5% and my drops were right in line with that but I have't done much fishing over the past 2 months. I hear there was a ninja nerf to the roe drop rate but I haven't done much testing.

If you are on pc, there is an addon which auto fillets those, but still one by one.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PR price on Xbox now is crazy high, and not many traders have them. 1 in 100 wouldn't be sooo bad but feels way less than that, way less.

I guess cake-athon burnt through peoples stacks?

Be nice to have a rare chance to get roe in Prov Writs too
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing needs to be more interactive and less afk and wait for a sound.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found fishing relaxing to randomly do while running around doing other things. I had stopped after getting the Master Angler title (and that took nearly 2 years) so I could free up inventory space instead of carrying bait, but the new crafting bags mean I'll be back to fishing again. Kind of looking forward to having it as an option for a break.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just received the Master Angler title for my main char! Finally a worthy title to wear with pride. :)
    Even if it took very long , it was fun - I enjoyed every moment of it.

Thank you to all the PVP players for not ganking me when I was peacefully fishing in Cyrodiil while the world around me broke apart!

I hope you'll be as nice to my next char who is going after the title!
    Edited by Myrnhiel on May 7, 2016 10:26AM
  • Usara
    Usara
    ✭✭✭✭
    It took me something like 8500 crawlers to catch the Ouze Toadfish. I spent hours and hours and hours fishing for it. FIshing is supposed to be fun and relaxing. But the RNG is as bad, maybe worse, than in the rest of the game...
    What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I’m stranded somewhere without any pants.

Usara v531 - Usara2 v322 - Escouade Sauvage - PC - EU - EP

Usara Den Thasnet - Retainer of House Hlaalu (Dunmer Templar, heal)
    Livia Augustus - Deserter of the Imperial 7th Legion (Imperial DK, tank)
    Aspen Vael - Battlemage of King Casimir III (Breton Sorcerer, tank/dd magicka)
    Caris Vael - Missing Student of the Mage Guild of Shornhelm (Breton NB, dd magicka, vampire)
    Eugene Fitzherbert - Wanted con artist hiding in Wayrest (Imperial Templar, tank/dd magicka)

Chante-avec-les-escargots - House Hlaalu snail breeder (Argonian NB, tank)
    Ryl Serandas - Mournhold Ordinator (Dunmer DK, dd magicka)
    Dar'Aiean - House Hlaalu Smuggler (Khajiit NB, dd stamina)
    Ferinwe - Alteration Instructor of the Mage Guild of Ebonheart (Altmer Sorcerer, dd magicka, retired)
    Torafhilde Frostdottir - Winterhold Cryomancer (Nord Sorcerer, dd magicka)
    Senecar - Daedra hunter, former Thalmor corps (Altmer Templar, dd magicka)
    Ondres Hlaalu - House Hlaalu Skooma Trader (Dunmer NB, dd magicka)