The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Logging off when I join the game

TheCatataFish
Hello,
A few days ago I wasn't able to play, for some reason it automatically logged me off when I joined the world after the character select. It kept doing so for about 2 hours and then my friend who was still able to play crashed. He said the servers or something crashed and after a few minutes we could both play again. Now this crash might have fixed the problem but it returned. Today it started again, I have been trying a lot of stuff but I don't want to reïnstall the game because it takes ages. It doesn't give me an error code or anything, it just logs me off. I can walk around for max 5 seconds and then it logs me off. I hope someone can help me with this problem...

My Computer Specs:
AMD R9 270x
AMD FX8350 Eight-Core-Processor
8GB DDR3 RAM
600W Power Supply
1TB HDD
250GB SSD
Coolermaster Seidon 120v liquid cooling
CPU:AMD FX8350 OctaCore GPU: AMD R9 270x Factory Overclocked RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3 OS:Windows 10
  • Yeen
    Yeen
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, I have the same problem... nothing helps
    Keep in touch when or if it is fixed
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Repair your game from launcher
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• TheCatataFish
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

Alright, I'll try if this works. Thanks!
    CPU:AMD FX8350 OctaCore GPU: AMD R9 270x Factory Overclocked RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3 OS:Windows 10
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Aye nps, hit the cog on launcher, then select repair obviously, it should fix it, there has been some login issues and crashes lately, and update your addons if you use them too.

Shoud hopefully be ok, good luck.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• TheCatataFish

Aye nps, hit the cog on launcher, then select repair obviously, it should fix it, there has been some login issues and crashes lately, and update your addons if you use them too.

Shoud hopefully be ok, good luck.

I repaired the game and updated some AddOns but it still doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried repairing, rebooting and updating addons, none of them work, this is frustrating.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • TheCatataFish
    Tried repairing, rebooting and updating addons, none of them work, this is frustrating.

I started reïnstalling the game. I hope this will fix it once and for all...
  • TheCatataFish
    I reïnstalled the game and I still have this problem... I don't know what to do anymore...
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheCatataFish

Running the 64-bit client fixed it for me, had some issues today but after a second try it seemed stable. Try using the 64-bit client and report back, here's the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client
    Edited by Amphithoe on March 28, 2016 8:30AM
  • TheCatataFish
    TheCatataFish

Running the 64-bit client fixed it for me, had some issues today but after a second try it seemed stable. Try using the 64-bit client and report back, here's the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client

Nope, still not working. This is so annoying.
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheCatataFish

Nope, still not working. This is so annoying.

I feel your frustration, let's hope it's something that will be solved after the maintenance.
  • TheCatataFish
    I feel your frustration, let's hope it's something that will be solved after the maintenance.

Well the maintenance is still 2 days away...
  • martinandreas99b16_ESO
    martinandreas99b16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here
  • Voidly
    Voidly
    Disable any program creates overlay in game, for showing fps etc. Steam overlay...

This fixed for me. I am running 64bit
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me a few days ago, could login and enter the game only yo be kicked back to acct page within 5 seconds.
    The day after, the game worked perfectly.
    Today.....back to being booted.
    Don't have any addons etc so nothing to disable/remove.
    Frustrating though =(
  • Voidly
    Voidly
    This happened to me a few days ago, could login and enter the game only yo be kicked back to acct page within 5 seconds.
    Frustrating though =(

I thought the same then i realised "RivaTuner Statistics Server" running behind, disabled it and i am good now.
  • TheCatataFish
    Voidly wrote: »
    Frustrating though =(

I thought the same then i realised "RivaTuner Statistics Server" running behind, disabled it and i am good now.

I removed the only overlay I had and I still have the exact same problem... Got any other ideas?
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    Only overlay I had was steam which even on removal didn't resolve my problem.
    Randomly, after about 30 mins after posting yesterday I managed to get on and play.
    Today, am back to being booted off on entering the game scenario lol

As an aside, don't know about anyone else, but for me this has only been a problem for the past week or less
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    TheCatataFish

Tried this. Now although I like my games, i'm a bit of a technophobe heh
    That said, I went into the game folder and found the two clients. The original is (obviously) ok and working. On trying the 64bit however I get an error message (0xc0000007b)
    Would this have anything to do with the problems stated or is this completely unrelated?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shooting in the blind here basicly, but updated your directx 11?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • TheCatataFish
    olsborg wrote: »

The problem is known, it has something to do with past DDoS attacks. They had to add some kind of system that allowed the majority of players to play but some of them can't like us...
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    Directx upto date.:)
    Thanks for all your help. Will try game again shortly.
    olsborg wrote: »

The problem is known, it has something to do with past DDoS attacks. They had to add some kind of system that allowed the majority of players to play but some of them can't like us...

Am hoping it's fixed soon =)

Ever the optimist.
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    Still a problem for me.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

The issues i'm having didn't start straight after the thieves update. It's been about a week now and in that time I have managed to play twice which would indicate it's not a problem with my PC ?
    Was hoping the patch would be the miracle cure but alas.....

Ever the Optimist
    (really must create a character with that name WHEN I get back playing =))
  • darmok2eb17_ESO
    darmok2eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem: Everytime I load a character, thrown back to log-in screen after 2 seconds. Nothing I've done works. Game is unplayable.

ZENIMAX, please help!
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    I am writing on behalf of my brother who doesn't have an account on forums. He can't log in the game 3-4 days now . Character loads for 2-3 seconds and then he is back at the login screen and it is the same for the 32bit and the 64bit client.
    Edited by Aionna on March 31, 2016 8:22AM
  • killabunny1234b16_ESO
    I also have this problem.. it takes 10+ logins to not get booted right back to the log in stage. I don't get any error message.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any word on this bug? its no fun spending half your time in game on a loading screen :(
  • mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry you're all in the same boat as me.
    I have had correspondence with the powers that be but nothing they have suggested has worked thus far.
    (including updating graphics drivers for a 3 week old card lol)

OK so I'm not the most computer literate of people, however, surely the fact that I HAVE managed on occasion throughout these issues to actually play, indicates it's not a problem with my PC. And as i'm not alone in the specific problem, that all our PC's/software are ok and it's an external problem?

• mumbling-midget
    mumbling-midget
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to get on. Tried everything....this advice from the powers that be seemed to work:

Further review of your Game Consultant shows that the connection to our servers is dropping out after leaving your home. With this in mind, sometimes your connection can be routing through an area that is not optimal for a steady connection to our servers. One way to fix this and "refresh" your connection path is to remove your host.developer logs and allow them to restore themselves and find a better connection. Open the launcher as an administrator by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run As Administrator": Run a repair. Close the launcher. Locate the launcher folder. The default location is C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher. Open the Launcher folder and delete all "host.developer files" which contain numbers only. For Example: host.developer1, host.developer2, etc. Don't delete the one which doesn't have a number. Close Everything and then Reopen the Launcher. This should redirect your internet connection to a better pathway and keep you from getting logged out of the game

After this, my hubby reset our internet and hey presto I can login again =D

*Crossing everything that this is a permanent solution =D

Hope it helps you all too !
  • TheCatataFish
    Managed to get on. Tried everything....this advice from the powers that be seemed to work:

Further review of your Game Consultant shows that the connection to our servers is dropping out after leaving your home. With this in mind, sometimes your connection can be routing through an area that is not optimal for a steady connection to our servers. One way to fix this and "refresh" your connection path is to remove your host.developer logs and allow them to restore themselves and find a better connection. Open the launcher as an administrator by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run As Administrator": Run a repair. Close the launcher. Locate the launcher folder. The default location is C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher. Open the Launcher folder and delete all "host.developer files" which contain numbers only. For Example: host.developer1, host.developer2, etc. Don't delete the one which doesn't have a number. Close Everything and then Reopen the Launcher. This should redirect your internet connection to a better pathway and keep you from getting logged out of the game

Didn't work for me, reseted my router as well.
  • Voidly
    Voidly

Tried it. Instead of insant kick, i was able to stay in game like 10-15 second.