The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ALL Reflects Costing Resources TESTING and VIDEO

Glory
Glory
Class Representative
IMPORTANT LEARNING TIME

@Lord_Hev and @themdogesbite posted two threads (here and here) about snipe costing resources, so I wanted to test this out to see exactly for myself what is going on. Thus, I got a few friends to come help me test various skills against both Wings and Defensive Posture. Below is video proof/testing followed by summaries for those who just want to read:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly9JrUUwJac

Written Summary:
  • Basically, all skills that can be reflected (ranged) by Wings/Defensive will cost the resource that the attacker used. For example, a reflected poison injection costs stamina, a reflected crystal fragments costs magicka. It appears that it is the REFLECTER's character stats that affect the cost (thus, stamina skills reflected by a magicka user have little cost reduction and thus drain a lot of stamina).
  • The skills that I definitively tested and shown above are Poison Injection, Magnum Shot, Flying Blade, Silver Shards, Stamina Javelin, Crystal Fragments, Dark Flare, Sun Fire, and Overload. I also tested offscreen snipe which also drains stamina to reflect. Note that I did not show all skills in the video with both defensive posture and Wings, but if a skill is reflected by these it will drain the respective resource.
  • Overload drains ultimate, and a lot of it.
  • AoE skills do not appear to drain any resources, as they are not reflected. I tested this using Bombard and Caltrops, neither of which drained stamina.
  • Entropy can't even be reflected. Thus, it does not cost magicka to reflect I guess.
  • Skills that are single target ranged but have an AoE effect (e.g. Dark Flare) reflect the damage of the skill but not the AoE component (reflects the damage but the reflecter is still debuffed). This is how it has always been I believe.
  • Melee skills, and DoT procs cannot be reflected, as expected.
  • I did not test Eclipse nor Ball of Lightning, these would be interesting to look into.
  • EDIT: Since light/heavy attacks cost no resources, they do not cost resources to reflect.

Thank you for watching/reading. @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom or @Wrobel would love to hear back from you.

TL;DR If you can reflect a skill, it will calculate the amount it would cost you to cast that reflected skill and take the respective resource from it. This bug has been seen before, and will hopefully be fixed soon.
mDK will rise again.
Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Lord_Hev
    Lord_Hev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow.... just wow.... I can't even.

Well, I might as well,

@ZOS_AndyC @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_BPerry @ZOS_BasileA @ZOS_BillMueller @ZOS_BobE @ZOS_BoydBeasley @ZOS_ChesterN @ZOS_CaitlinR @ZOS_CatK @ZOS_CharlieH @ZOS_Dan @ZOS_DanDunham @ZOS_DavidGee @ZOS_DavidH @ZOS_DavidP @ZOS_EdLynch @ZOS_EmilyM @ZOS_Emma @ZOS_EugeneB @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_FelixP @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_GabrielleA @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Heather @ZOS_HeatherB @ZOS_HugoP @ZOS_JoBurba @ZOS_JamesO @ZOS_JanS @ZOS_JaredR @ZOS_JasonB @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_KaleyR @ZOS_Karli @ZOS_Katarina @ZOS_Kelly @ZOS_LenaicR @ZOS_LeroyW @ZOS_LodieA @ZOS_LonnyL @ZOS_LucasA @ZOS_MaxG @ZOS_MaggieS @ZOS_NickKonkle @ZOS_NinaM @ZOS_Olivier @ZOS_PaulSage @ZOS_QuinnC @ZOS_RobertCordero @ZOS_RebeccaE @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_ShannonM @ZOS_ThaliaH @ZOS_ThomasK @ZOS_UlyssesW @ZOS_VaughanP
    Qaevir/Qaevira Av Morilye/Molag
    Tri-Faction @Lord_Hevnoraak ingame
    PC NA
  • blabafat
    blabafat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem ;)

Working as intended if ya ask me
    Fire Cloak - VR12 DK - Nord - EP
    Ámeer - VR15 Templar - Imperial - AD
    The Mágician - VR16 Templar - Imperial DC
    Magíc - VR16 DK - Dark Elf - DC
    Àmeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - DC
    ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - AD
    Æ ámeer - VR16 Templar - High Elf - EP
    Ameer Flow - Level 34 Nightblade - High Elf - EP

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCFNmXCgmTVo-T-p1BIVLxbQ
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    QAM, I think you missed @ZOS_Janitor.

Adding this to my list.
    Edited by HoloYoitsu on March 13, 2016 6:19PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy sheeeet ZoS why ain't we getting a massive hotfix like overload back then. :neutral:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    QAM, I think you missed @ZOS_Janitor.

Adding this to my list.

Thank you :smile:
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange, CF did not drain any resources for me when i tested it..
    :]
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall this used to happen several patches back and was fixed.

I am amazed as ZoS's ability to re-introduce old bugs so often. How do you even do that?
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably new contracted programmers each time who have to relearn everything, thus repeating many of the same mistakes.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    As I recall this used to happen several patches back and was fixed.

I am amazed as ZoS's ability to re-introduce old bugs so often. How do you even do that?
    #GoldenOldies
  • Dermestes
    Dermestes
    ✭✭
    I was using reflect in PvP and eventually removed it from my bar.....it sucks at the moment and kills you quickly.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

I almost didn't notice it until I saw Sun Fire cast multiple times. Frags apparently costs little enough on a magicka build that the regen hides it almost. I would love for others to confirm what I've found!
    mDK will rise again.

Ádamant

• Mysteri0n
    Mysteri0n
    ✭✭✭
    @Zos_Receptionist "Thanking you for calling Zenimax online,please hold Your expected wait time is 3 to 9 Months"
    Lore Council Conclave of Shadows, Trade Council in Knights Arcanum
    Officer Celestials of Nirn, Proud Member of Enders Jeesh .Stam Sorc Since Beta 2014
    #ARGONIANMASTERRACE
  • strikeback1247
    strikeback1247
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone was saying that the old patches were better and that we should roll back right? Well zos gave us some good ol' nostalgia in the form of these good ol' bugs.
    P.A.W.S. - Positively Against Wild Sasquatches - NO TO BIGFOOT!
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is it was a procced Frag, so it would cost around 800 if you're on a magicka build, you wouldn't even notice.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh no is this going to be on console because we have to wait months for fixes...
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh no is this going to be on console because we have to wait months for fixes...

ZOS doesn't launch on PC first because we're preferred customers. ZOS launches on PC first so console users get fewer bugs. We're essentially the QA team for the console versions.

So you'll probably be fine.
    Edited by zyk on March 13, 2016 7:47PM
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yup, any bug that makes its way into the game is there to stay. Doesn't matter if they fix it, they always come back a few months later. Screw this company
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Hev wrote: »
    Wow.... just wow.... I can't even.

Well, I might as well,

@ZOS_AndyC @ZOS_Abdu @ZOS_AidanF @ZOS_AJ @ZOS_AjanJ @ZOS_BPerry @ZOS_BasileA @ZOS_BillMueller @ZOS_BobE @ZOS_BoydBeasley @ZOS_ChesterN @ZOS_CaitlinR @ZOS_CatK @ZOS_CharlieH @ZOS_Dan @ZOS_DanDunham @ZOS_DavidGee @ZOS_DavidH @ZOS_DavidP @ZOS_EdLynch @ZOS_EmilyM @ZOS_Emma @ZOS_EugeneB @ZOS_EveP @ZOS_FelixP @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_GabrielleA @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_Gideon @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Heather @ZOS_HeatherB @ZOS_HugoP @ZOS_JoBurba @ZOS_JamesO @ZOS_JanS @ZOS_JaredR @ZOS_JasonB @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_KaleyR @ZOS_Karli @ZOS_Katarina @ZOS_Kelly @ZOS_LenaicR @ZOS_LeroyW @ZOS_LodieA @ZOS_LonnyL @ZOS_LucasA @ZOS_MaxG @ZOS_MaggieS @ZOS_NickKonkle @ZOS_NinaM @ZOS_Olivier @ZOS_PaulSage @ZOS_QuinnC @ZOS_RobertCordero @ZOS_RebeccaE @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_ShannonM @ZOS_ThaliaH @ZOS_ThomasK @ZOS_UlyssesW @ZOS_VaughanP

Quoted just for the lols
    Please continue the chain.
    Edited by vortexman11 on March 13, 2016 8:10PM
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I give up, how is this even possible.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLS ANYBODY HALP
    EeMfN.gif

Unslotted wings day ago cause of this ridiculous new level of broken bs.
  • Jaybe_Mawfaka
    Jaybe_Mawfaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, this is not even funny anymore :|
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see a new dueling build: Clever Alchimest + Fasallas.

I will keep Shuffle up and fight DKs by spamming Overload at them. They can choose to reflect them and lose all their ult (no Battle Roar for you!), half the reflected Overloads will miss me anyway with bugged Shuffle. Or, if they want ult, then they get to eat my kamehamehas to the face. Oh and the whole time they'll be 50% heal debuffed, unless they want to stop dpsing me. Hell, I'll throw in Reverbs and make it 65% debuff cuz why not? Alchemist proc will make up for what I lose running Fasallas anyway.
    9hQGLdH.jpg
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow... i thought there was something going on.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    welcome in the video game industry. the only industry in the world with no bounderies, laws or anything to restrict game designers to adapt to a certain quality level of programming.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    HOW DO YOU PEOPLE AT ZOS MESS THIS UP?

This honestly seems like too complicated a screw up for you guys though.

In any case, you're all bad and should feel bad.

large.jpg
    Edited by Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO on March 13, 2016 10:33PM
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    -___- zos please...
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm/facepalm
    Gave up.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It makes me even more sad and pissed that we don't get any response regarding his matter.. This isn't some random unimportant bug, we are talking about one of the mainskills of the DK class @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for testing these things.

...and what was it about caltrops also draining stamina when you walk on them with wings up?...
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop crying guys, they can't help it that they didn't notice it on their magical internal testing environment.