The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Caution Everyone

trace_dragonbanenub18_ESO
I logged on today to find a message in my inbox about being Warned for Harassing another player. I'm like what the hell. Theres no explanation or anything. I write back to find out what exactly it is that I did, and this is the response,

Greetings,

Your account was reported for the harassment of players engaging in a role-playing event. Specifically, your character jumped on a table and began dancing to purposely disrupt their experience. To ensure a respectful and secure atmosphere for all our players, we ask that you cease this behavior.

1. I had quests in this Tavern that took me into that tavern.
2. There were a lot of people in the room and I jumped up on the table and danced.
3. Apparently we cannot engage role players under any circumstance otherwise its deemed harassment.
4. Nothing was said that was hurtful, but apparently dancing on a table is harassment.
5. Nobody asked me to stop or that I was interrupting them.

Question, what gives role players higher priority over anyone else? And, can we mark role players with a whiney symbol that we can see on the outside of Taverns before we go in so I don't accidently "interrupt" their "event". Seriously Zos, they choose to hold these events in high traffic areas, instantly report anyone who comes around and "dances on a table", and you feel somehow that's harassment? No wonder its free to play.

What should of happened.

1. Send an Email to the person(s) that reported me, and gently, not to offend, which Dance I was doing, how on earth I got onto the table in the first place, that way we can stop the dance animations, the ability to jump onto tables, and while we are at it, lets make doors lockable so they have the privacy they want.

Being reported for Harassment for being Social in a Social games is beyond stupid. Lets get our act together.

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I admit this is the worst being reported I've seen yet. I got told by one guy on ps4 I was gonna get reported for having mage light active and he didn't like the brightness of it I'm like stop following me then? but no action like this against me so far...
    Edited by Mettaricana on March 9, 2016 4:20AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow that is ridiculous hahaha
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your behavior was deemed inappropriate when a role player logs he wants to have fun you have no place doing what you did, i have heard of how awful role players are treated by some people that try to impose their opinions on them by doing what you just did and worse.
    One of my friends told me that back when the game launched role players where more open to the idea of doing role play in say chat but they stopped due to harassment of people who apparently didn't had anything better to do than being a jerk to others. How would you feel if someone interrupts one of the activities you enjoy the most in the game by doing something you don't like?
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's just say I'm cautious about believing your story... ;)
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh crap I harassed those two rp goof nuts who joined my random dungeon when I booted them.

Or would I have to dance before I booted them for it to be harassement?
    Im so cornfused.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to make out with my in game girlfriend tonight in Wayrest Sewer entrance. I ask everyone to please not disturb us.
  • trace_dragonbanenub18_ESO
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Your behavior was deemed inappropriate when a role player logs he wants to have fun you have no place doing what you did, i have heard of how awful role players are treated by some people that try to impose their opinions on them by doing what you just did and worse.
    One of my friends told me that back when the game launched role players where more open to the idea of doing role play in say chat but they stopped due to harassment of people who apparently didn't had anything better to do than being a jerk to others. How would you feel if someone interrupts one of the activities you enjoy the most in the game by doing something you don't like?

I kid you not Ra'Shtar, I role play sometimes myself, all I did was jump on the table and danced, I got down and another player came in and asked what they were doing, and I informed that player. That is it. Zos has the chat log I'm sure. Nothing else was said or done.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    I am going to make out with my in game girlfriend tonight in Wayrest Sewer entrance. I ask everyone to please not disturb us.

Im not sure how to break this to you, but im a dude irl, is that ok?
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well advice, don't disrupt or troll a roleplay event or anything like that, most of us rpers really dislike that. Now if you rp your character jumping on the table and doing that then maybe you would not get reported for that.
    Thing is, players have been banned for trolling rp events. I have seen someone at one time complaining in zone chat complaining about how there guild mate got banned for trolling a rp event, so yeah if you don't want to join the rp just don't disturb it and do the quest and move on.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 9, 2016 7:18AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Mason22
    Mason22
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling there's more to the story than what you are sharing.
  • thunderwell
    thunderwell
    ✭✭✭
    So, what were the roleplayers doing to "harass" you and rudely interrupt your gaming experience?
    Why should you be able to /dance on the table they're sitting at when they were obviously minding their own business (enjoying the game the way they want to)?

I guarantee that they would have continued to mind their own business if all you did was run in, jump over the table, turn in/grab quests and leave.
    No need to waste your time "harassing" roleplayers when you'll only get reported.
    NA, PC Megaserver
    Zhaani, Female Khajiit, Nightblade, AD (current main)
    (Unless otherwise put in my sig, all characters are below level 50)
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭
    So this is the *** that ZOS is spending their time on instead of *** FIXING THE GAME!
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Careful.Talking about any type of ingame or forum moderation/warnings can get you in trouble.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this is the *** that ZOS is spending their time on instead of *** FIXING THE GAME!

I believe some game masters do in fact have alt accounts that they use to sometimes pvp or roleplay. The rp community basically keeps the elderscrolls alive, in a way sometimes keeps the game alive those that rp are there long term customer base so yes they care about the role play community. Just as much as the pvp and pve community maybe even more then the pve and pvp community.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on March 9, 2016 4:42AM
    PC NA
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well advice, don't disrupt or troll a roleplay event or anything like that, most of us rpers really dislike that. Now if you rp your character jumping on the table and doing that then maybe you would not get reported for that.
    Thing is, players have been banned for trolling rp events. I have seen one time complaining in zone chat complaining about how there guild mate got banned for trolling a rp event, so yeah if you don't want to join the rp just don't disturb it and do the quest and move on.

RPers should be asking any harassers to stop before reporting. Zos should be ensuring this was done before following it up with the harasser(s). I've never noticed any rp as I've gone about my business but I have seen groups of players standing around. How am I to know if they're engaging in something they don't want disturbed when they're just standing around in rivenspire? Some rules/guidelines should be introduced for RPers to observe; you can't just go about reporting random players for interacting with you. The op claims nobody asked him to stop, if this is true then those RPers had no right to report him and should be warned themselves. Sounds like the op has exerienced more harassment as a result of this than the RPers. Does that sound right?
    PC | EU
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thing is, players have been banned for trolling rp events. I have seen one time complaining in zone chat complaining about how there guild mate got banned for trolling a rp event, so yeah if you don't want to join the rp just don't disturb it and do the quest and move on.

RPers should be asking any harassers to stop before reporting. Zos should be ensuring this was done before following it up with the harasser(s). I've never noticed any rp as I've gone about my business but I have seen groups of players standing around. How am I to know if they're engaging in something they don't want disturbed when they're just standing around in rivenspire? Some rules/guidelines should be introduced for RPers to observe; you can't just go about reporting random players for interacting with you. The op claims nobody asked him to stop, if this is true then those RPers had no right to report him and should be warned themselves. Sounds like the op has exerienced more harassment as a result of this than the RPers. Does that sound right?

They basically do sometimes as far as I know sometimes they will warn them through pms. Then they will report or ignore or both.
    PC NA
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is obvious bro. You should have undressed then /danceredguard hahahaha

Sorry that happened to you btw.
    Exactly my point. I run upstairs in the tavern see a room packed with players, I jumped up on the table and started dancing. Not a single PM, I noticed they were playing cards, I jumped down, and that's when informed another player they were playing cards. Nobody asked me to stop, had no idea I was "bothering them". Its not like I hung around for five minutes either. I left, ran to get an item for quest, then had to go back to the tavern to finish the quest off, its the one in The Rift where those two guys are wanting that Cloth or whatever on the hill top and you decide who to give it to. Look I respect RP'ers, I do it myself. To have my account flagged as a warning for nonsense like this is just a prime example why when I wear my Noble Merchant costume, I have no face, get 1 FPS and 999 Ping in Trials and the game is so broken. And the crashes.

If I would of received a message, asking to stop, I would have, I'm not a jerk. But to report someone like that, without warning, then the DEVS taking this action speaks volumes on their idiocy. If a Dev does read this, which I hope they do, I would like to have it escalated, as I doubt the Dev that is handling it knows exactly what harassment means. No purposeful trolling was taking place.
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged on today to find a message in my inbox about being Warned for Harassing another player. I'm like what the hell. Theres no explanation or anything. I write back to find out what exactly it is that I did, and this is the response,

Greetings,

Your account was reported for the harassment of players engaging in a role-playing event. Specifically, your character jumped on a table and began dancing to purposely disrupt their experience. To ensure a respectful and secure atmosphere for all our players, we ask that you cease this behavior.

1. I had quests in this Tavern that took me into that tavern.
    2. There were a lot of people in the room and I jumped up on the table and danced.
    3. Apparently we cannot engage role players under any circumstance otherwise its deemed harassment.
    4. Nothing was said that was hurtful, but apparently dancing on a table is harassment.
    5. Nobody asked me to stop or that I was interrupting them.

Question, what gives role players higher priority over anyone else? And, can we mark role players with a whiney symbol that we can see on the outside of Taverns before we go in so I don't accidently "interrupt" their "event". Seriously Zos, they choose to hold these events in high traffic areas, instantly report anyone who comes around and "dances on a table", and you feel somehow that's harassment? No wonder its free to play.

What should of happened.

1. Send an Email to the person(s) that reported me, and gently, not to offend, which Dance I was doing, how on earth I got onto the table in the first place, that way we can stop the dance animations, the ability to jump onto tables, and while we are at it, lets make doors lockable so they have the privacy they want.

Being reported for Harassment for being Social in a Social games is beyond stupid. Lets get our act together.

Personally I agree that it would better for ESO to phase some areas when a particular quest or scenes are playing out.

I am not a roleplayer but I do find it aggravating when some person decides to do some attention grabbing BS dance because don't feel like they are the center of attention because a scene is playing out.

If I was a moderator I would drop them in an inescapably enclosed cavern for 6 hours... but luckily I am not.

So my best advice is not think selfishly of your self, and learn to wait! Like everyone else in the real world.
    Personally I agree that it would better for ESO to phase some areas when a particular quest or scenes are playing out.

I am not a roleplayer but I do find it aggravating when some person decides to do some attention grabbing BS dance because don't feel like they are the center of attention because a scene is playing out.

If I was a moderator I would drop them in an inescapably enclosed cavern for 6 hours... but luckily I am not.

So my best advice is not think selfishly of your self, and learn to wait! Like everyone else in the real world.[/quote]

Did you even read the post?
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol its long been common knowledge that harassing/disturbing role players will get you suspended before macroing, botting, or broken mechanic exploiting (lol just look at the multiple mundus/re -arming traps debacles)
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guyyyyyyyyys stop talking I'm trying to teach these midget Khajiit a new moon ritual...
    *reported*
    *reported*
    *reported reported reported*

Right. From the top...

giphy.gif
    signing off
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos likes their RP community. It's not a good idea to troll them I hear it's the fastest way to get banned.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to manage 150 plus employees if any employee of mine wrote to one of our customers a letter like that... Bye bye. I would like to know how that is harassing anyone you have just as much right to dance on the table or enter the bar as anyone else. There is no explicit or implied areas or rules for role playing. Dancing on a table is not harassment of any kind! Gina and Jessica this kind of moderation is ridiculous. Does anyone think this helps the image of ESO when you send vague and subjective e-mails to like this?
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do not really like these threads because we only get to hear one side. I dont think ZOS employees are allowed to discuss what happened here with everyone. So while yes it sounds bad I still wonder was there more to it.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You mean its not allowed to roleplay a drunk who dances on tables? WTF?
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
    Dhale, I left out the part of the letter that said any further incidents would result in harsher action. But you hit the nail on the head. Ive been playing this game since beta, paid sub, 4 v16, I'm outgoing and social and I'm being threatened by Zos that this is Harassing behavior, flags my account for something as light hearted as this is beyond words.
    I do not really like these threads because we only get to hear one side. I dont think ZOS employees are allowed to discuss what happened here with everyone. So while yes it sounds bad I still wonder was there more to it.

James I assure you it is as I said it, and if I could id give Zos permission to post the chat logs, anything else they needed to defend their actions on this they have it. Apparently Zos only cares about one side of a situation, which is why we are in the position now. They could of asked me what I was doing, any of the Rp'ers could of asked me to stop, but to just get a ticket like this and follow through in punishing someone that did nothing wrong is a violation in itself.

Also for those that thing more happened, nothing did otherwise it would of stated it in the email I received. This is merely for running into a crowded room and "dancing on a table" . Personally id like an apology letter from Zos, and my account unflagged because this is nonsense and they know it. Will they? Id be shocked and surprised. But at least id still be able to justify paying them monthly.
  • houjo2000b16_ESO
    houjo2000b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Generally the RP community has a 'don't engage, just report' mentality because the moment you ask a troller to stop- they take that to mean they're bugging you and only do it more excessively.

Maybe in this case OP is telling the truth- but you see this kind of trolling all the time so I imagine he's greatly downplaying what he did. Either way- you got a warning, they didn't cancel your account. Getting in front of RPers, spam dancing and jumping around on tables is the most cliche way to troll, so even if it wasn't your intent you really can't be surprised you'd get reported for it.

That's just the result of the RP community constantly being harassed on all sides, all the time.
This discussion has been closed.