Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO Live - The Thieves Guild DLC Breakdown

James-Wayne
James-Wayne
✭✭✭✭✭
A breakdown can be handy for people who haven't got the time right now to watch the stream so I quickly snapped something together, the community can add to it if they wish.

The latest episode covers The Thieves Guild DLC in more detail and is available here: twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/38464637

12645182_10154663605143782_6539148224622410249_n.jpg?oh=148995025df7482d5a40b231be839f02&oe=573E01DC

ESO Live
Thieves Guild Special

Abah's Landing is built for the Theives Guild
Access is granted through the outlaw refuges
Thieves Den is located in the city
Thieves costume granted when you start the DLC
Not many thieves in the Den to start with but as you complete quests it will repopulate
Camel mount available with DLC
The DLC is based on the deadly Australian outback (I live in Australia, it's not that bad but loved the reference)
There is 2 delves, 2 bosses and 3 crafting locations
Delves are solo friendly, bosses may need a small group, new mechanics
New armour designs and attention seeking fire breathing frogs

Trial Maw of Lorkhaj
Item set 5 Piece bonus grants a synergy based buff to you
Item set 3 Piece grants 5% damge bonus, called Minor Slayer to bosses in Tamriel
There are 3 bosses but 2 other major areas that enable you to gain loot drops, 5 in total
7 different sets in total, 3 older sets which drop in the Normal mode as blue plus the last boss will drop new sets
Veteran mode will drop only new sets and weekly rewards will include new sets
Hard mode of final boss is "INSANE" and wait for it... the 4 new sets are BoP.
The other three sets (Hircine's Veneer, Ebon Armory, and Worm's Raiment) which drop in the Trial are BoE.

Passives
First passive finders keepers lets you find and unlock Thieves guild chest troves found all around Tamriel.
Thieves Guild line has maximum 12 levels
Passive Swiftly Forgotten which clears your Heat and Bounty you accrue quicker.
Haggling passive gives you more money for your Fenced Items.
Clemency passive gives you the ability to bypass a guard once every 24 hrs.
Timely Escape gives you secret areas to hide in and secret escape routes to use.
Veil of Shadows decreases the detection range of guards and npc's by 10%.

Daily Quests
Reacquistion Board takes you to delves and group bosses in Hews Bane
Tip board which is infinate daily quests that leverage the justice system, these take you all throughout Tamriel but will not take you to areas you cant get to.
Heists is the third daily option which is found in the guild den and they are a test of skill, different one each day totally random what you get
Heists have a time limit but always grant a reward at the end even if the time runs out. The more optional quests you do the bigger the reward at the end.
You can run through and kill everything but that will reduce the time, if you play like a thief then you will be rewarded (probably with worms, kidding I added that bit in)
You need to use the environment to get through and you can do this in a group but communication will be needed
Bounty and sets are available in Heists

Assistants replaces your pet slot and there are 3 available
The Smuggler allows you to fence on the spot but will take a 35% cut (sounds very Australian), this is earned through the Thieves Guild.
Vendor and Banker are the other assistants, other people can see these but not the smuggler, only you can see the smuggler

Mementos will take all your trophy's and put them in the collections tab
Edited by James-Wayne on January 30, 2016 5:46AM
PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU! All the work is appreciated.
    Options
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for this summary. :) very helpful!
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
    Options
  • mr1sho
    mr1sho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this dlc sounds interesting can't wait steal more stuff with my nb
    Gold Company Commander
    Options
  • kirk_lewis_ESO
    kirk_lewis_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping that i can hide in baskets all around Tamriel. Sounds like invisibility potions are going to go up in value
    Edited by kirk_lewis_ESO on January 30, 2016 7:36AM
    Templar - looking for a new job (Blame the economy).
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Mementos will take all your trophy's and put them in the collections tab"

THANK THE EIGHT
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    This new zone looks kinda small for explorers but I hope the content will be worth it overall. Usually every other big zone came with around 6 delves 1 group dungeon and 1 public one. But then this is a small one. Trial is the only group stuff? 2 world group bosses? Also interesting fact is that his trial is situated in another part of the world?
    Maybe in the future more and more content will be added to current zones as well. My hope? One day almost each zone 6-9 delves 1-2 group dungeons 1-2 public dungeons and 1 trial. So here comes my only negative reaction. Lack of exploration... or at least that was my 1st impression.

On the other hand... Abah's Landing looks quite big. Looks great. Surrounding world also looks awesome. Trial make me very thirsty. Perhaps in the nearby future we will see more and more trial raids than lately. Jobs seems to send you to new small delves and looks awesome to be done. Lots of amazing gameplay mechanics. Lots and lots of stuff to do on a daily basis. 64 bit client. Can't wait...

One day I hope every other zone will be important enough to spend hours into.
    Edited by deleted008293 on January 30, 2016 11:27AM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, basically TG and DB content is not limited to the new locations. They said, that there is new content added all over the world for a thief to discover - reference: those new treasure troves, which just TG members can find and loot. And those will be all over Tamriel, so there is actually new exploration content, just not only in the new location, but as well in old ones.
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the break down.
    Still not one thing there that interests me unfortunately :'(
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

It might still be worth having, Magdalina, and be it just for the passive skills and the additional loot which comes with the treasure troves all over Tamriel. You don't have to be a thief to enjoy this DLC, is my guess based on what is known yet. It might well be worth it, even if you are not into stealing stuff.
    Options
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »

It might still be worth having, Magdalina, and be it just for the passive skills and the additional loot which comes with the treasure troves all over Tamriel. You don't have to be a thief to enjoy this DLC, is my guess based on what is known yet. It might well be worth it, even if you are not into stealing stuff.

Well the passives, as I was afraid, seem all related to stealing(which yes makes sense but makes them essentially useless for those of us who have no interest in stealing stuff).
    The loot...we'll have to see what the new sets are like, if they're better than what we have now then that's one reason to do it I guess, but it should be the journey, not the destination, and doesn't look like it'll be a journey I'll enjoy in this case:/
    Thank you for the support though :) I will still stick around and check it out I guess, to have legitimate reasons to complain if nothing else :tongue:
    Options
  • deleted008293
    deleted008293
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that's another story... Not everything is what we want... For example IC was a total disappointing for me. But I was glad that overall it was a great content and even better for pvp. Wrothgar was on a whole new level. This is a 10/10 DLC for soloing. I love snow and nords. Orcs? Hehe it worked well here. I love desert too... but in TG it doesn't seems we will explore much of the outskirts. The two delves will be quite easy and small I suppose. But maybe I am wrong. The one from the Live feel small unless some areas were skipped and i miss to see that. Group wise maybe the trial will replace the urge to do some group delves. Especially with trial scaling. I was hoping we could go to some nearby isles as well. But maybe we will who knows?
    I know that TG will take us in other areas of Tamriel but it think most of them are... delves. Maybe there are some larger ones too who knows. I was referring the TG is small from the exploration point of view. Lets just wait and see.
    On the other hand the next expansion might be again HUGE and thats a good thing. Actually it all depends of the player preferences. Some like nords, snow, morrowind like settings. Some like deserts, some swamps, some lush forests... etc. Hard to make everyone happy. I said the same once i reached Aldmeri Dominion but after I finished with that alliance The whole region didn't looked that bad.
    So... some want exploration. Some want action. Some PvP no matter what. Some grinding. Some gameplay stuff. ...
    Edited by deleted008293 on January 30, 2016 7:41PM
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree this DLC will be much much smaller in terms of exploration then Orsinium but remember the cost of the DLC is also smaller so I'm expecting the story content to take around 5-10 hours (simular to smaller DLC other games like Mass Effect get) but I see this game also has a ton of replay ability in the form of Reacquistion Board, Tip board and Heists which I'm expecting this stuff to get old just in time for The Dark Brotherhood where I'm sure the exploration will be much larger due to it covering both towns of the Sword Coast not Orsinium big but bigger then Thieves Guild.

Every DLC will be full of juicy content in its own way and have large lands for exploration (which I love too) isn't the only way of doing it so keeping a open mind lets see what the year brings.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am actually looking forward to this now, and I thought I wasn't before.

I know my wife is going to come back to play this DLC.
    Options
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    Not too interested. Don't really care for stealing, and the new area seems very small. There is no new endgame content besides that new trial, so I'm really questioning the replayability of this new dlc. At least in IC the sewers were a good grind spot
    Xbone GT: x mech duck x
    Options