The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sieging Bridges?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
No ownership, anyone could repair. I dunno, might make the Sej-Alessia corridor more interesting.

EDITED TO ADD:

Could do the same with Milegates, no ownership but could be (partially) repaired and sieged. You could still get through one side, but like with the bridges it would be riskier and take more time. Thus zergs would lose some of their advantage or would have to travel to another choke point. There are three choke points at each Alliance border, but mostly only the ones closes to IC get used. Might be fun to spread things out and add in more strategy to controlling the map and enemy movements.
Edited by tinythinker on January 11, 2016 1:32AM
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ownership, anyone could repair. I dunno, might make the Sej-Alessia corridor more interesting.

Yea, because we need to give the PUGs another reason to die at the bridge.......
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, because we need to give the PUGs another reason to die at the bridge.......
    If you siege it down they have to jump the river or go to another bridge, no fighting over it if it's down.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • WRX
    WRX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id literally macro a player to siege it nonstop so it could never be repaired. Move pugels, move!
    Decibel GM

GLUB GLUB
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you siege it down they have to jump the river or go to another bridge, no fighting over it if it's down.

Okay, but I want to use the bridge to get places..... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the bridges being more important strategically as smaller objectives, but the ability to siege them down is a little too stronk I think.
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, but I want to use the bridge to get places..... Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the bridges being more important strategically as smaller objectives, but the ability to siege them down is a little too stronk I think.

There are three bridges between EP and AD territory, the one by Sej is closest to most routes, but the other two would be there. Anyway, just a random thought.

• Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WRX wrote: »
    Id literally macro a player to siege it nonstop so it could never be repaired. Move pugels, move!

Telel has often said that if they could knock down bridges and faction owned resource towers then they would spend almost all of their PVP time purposely knocking them all over.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Telel wrote: »
    WRX wrote: »

Telel has often said that if they could knock down bridges and faction owned resource towers then they would spend almost all of their PVP time purposely knocking them all over.

+1
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm that may cause a ***storm for daggerfall getting 2 pronged (more than usual) when people collapse the bridges and no one wants to spend AP to fix them so probably not a good idea unless rivers are added between DC EP and DC AD territories bridges are already a siegefest
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm that may cause a ***storm for daggerfall getting 2 pronged (more than usual) when people collapse the bridges and no one wants to spend AP to fix them so probably not a good idea unless rivers are added between DC EP and DC AD territories bridges are already a siegefest

That's why I added something about milegates.

• Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Touch my bridge and you'll meet a swift end sir.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Touch my bridge and you'll meet a swift end sir.

:sets up a couple ballistae:

• gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ita funny you mention this but back in beta we had hoped you could take out the bridges ( or at least the ramparts up top) and who knows it could spread players out as they will have to traverse other areas :smile:

But yea this :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRHVMi3LxZE
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do not think it should be able to be damaged. You'd only end up making it impassible or flattening the towers, which are the interesting part. At the very least, you'd give people a reason to not go up in the towers, which defeats the purpose that makes the bridge so fun...

I do think that the bridge should have ticks, though.

Gates too.

And they should give campaign points, as should the other locations around the map that currently might as well not exist.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been multiple mentions in-game the past couple of weeks about wanting to blow up bridges, so don't forget, there's a thread for that :wink:

• Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just remove the slaughterfish
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish the bridges had guards and flags to capture, it would be cool to destroy the towers on the bridge but that would take a lot of work. I think it would be fun.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only elves are smart enough to build bridges.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bridges and milegates are the ONLY way to get into other territory, this is 100% a bad idea. You can already put siege on top of it and all around it, even forward camps, that's all the siege interaction I can really tolerate at those locations.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are three bridges between EP and AD territory, the one by Sej is closest to most routes, but the other two would be there. Anyway, just a random thought.

Not for long if they could be sieged down.

Having them give ticks would be nice though; they attract fights already, we might as well get ticks for them.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they ever make the bridge siegable I will personally destroy it and keep it permanently tagged so noone can repair it. Maybe then EP will finally go take Chalman back!
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    </random rant>

Edited by Goshua on December 16, 2017 11:12AM
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dude, no. it would be priceless to siege down a bridge and kill everyone on it via slaughterfish. i mean come on, no?.
    Invictus
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

dude, no. it would be priceless to siege down a bridge and kill everyone on it via slaughterfish. i mean come on, no?.

Oh yeah... B)

• elfantasmo
    elfantasmo
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    The bridges and milegates are the ONLY way to get into other territory, this is 100% a bad idea. You can already put siege on top of it and all around it, even forward camps, that's all the siege interaction I can really tolerate at those locations.

Except from jumping across the river at narrow points.... :blush:
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At last... this will be a reality...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :naughty:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well this will stop the Sej <-> Alessia see saw, but nothing stands between Bleakers <-> Ales farm!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Well this will stop the Sej <-> Alessia see saw, but nothing stands between Bleakers <-> Ales farm!

The milegate between Chalamo and Bleaks can also be blown up (another thing i was hoping for in the OP).

All milegates can.

There will be narrow cave tunnels you can take from each territory to another so that a path will always exist. Or you can repair the bridges and milegates.

My vision is of trolls strategists keep bridges and milegates destroyed at all times, forcing traffic into the tunnel choke points...
    Edited by tinythinker on September 1, 2018 3:13PM

• lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vision is of trolls strategists keep bridges and milegates destroyed at all times, forcing traffic into the tunnel choke points...

I had the same thought, but have a different take on it. That seems too easy to take advantage of, forcing all the big battles to be bottlenecked at the goat bridge or tunnels. Bridge battles are already a zerg-fest... That kind of battle will throw you into seizures with all the skills going off in such a tight place.

To balance, I think there should be an incentive for the home alliances (for example: Chal gate = EP, Ash gate = DC, Alessia bridge = AD) to keep them repaired, 1 point per structure. Otherwise, it’s just too easy to scuttle your own gates/bridges to keep the enemy out.

Edited by lygerseye on September 1, 2018 4:25PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

The milegate between Chalamo and Bleaks can also be blown up (another thing i was hoping for in the OP).

Ah yes, forgot about that milegate. May it rest in pieces.
    Edited by NBrookus on September 1, 2018 4:25PM
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned this in another post, the bridge\gates along the transit system (4 of the 6) should affect the transit route.
    Dae - TM