The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Hunt For Wrothgar Relic Hunter conluded! [Spoilers and directions inside]

Padhraigh
Padhraigh
✭✭✭
This guide has now been remade in the "General Discussion" section of the forums.

Click HERE.

Any prerequisites to be able to collect items for this quest/achievement? After starting it you are tasked with finding a helm. After doing so you are given "Curator's List of Sought-After Relics" which points you to where you can collect these items.

Killed King Chief - looking for a scepter - and didn't recieve anything with the loot or find anything in the area.
Killed Dwemer Centurion in Nzynchaleft Falls and looked around the area, but couldn't find anything.
Went looking for a Black Quill in Coldperch Cavern - nothing found after clearing it and killing boss.

Simply wondering if this is a proper "explore more" type quest, where it's not marked for us, or if it's supposed to drop from delve/world bosses and not doing so.

Thank you.

EDIT: The hunt for these relics is now over! @Saturn has made a very helpful map and dito video guide to the relic locations (which of course may change until official launch) in THIS thread. Should you want/need them, there are rough descriptions to each and every item available further down this thread. Enjoy!

Edited by Padhraigh on 17 January 2016 21:21
PC - EU - EP
Relic Hunter
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best Answers

• Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a Dwemer Lantern! I was wondering what it was for!
    Answer ✓
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    Any prerequisites to be able to collect items for this quest/achievement? After starting it you are tasked with finding a helm. After doing so you are given "Curator's List of Sought-After Relics" which points you to where you can collect these items.

Killed King Chief - looking for a scepter - and didn't recieve anything with the loot or find anything in the area.
    Killed Dwemer Centurion in Nzynchaleft Falls and looked around the area, but couldn't find anything.
    Went looking for a Black Quill in Coldperch Cavern - nothing found after clearing it and killing boss.

Simply wondering if this is a proper "explore more" type quest, where it's not marked for us, or if it's supposed to drop from delve/world bosses and not doing so.

Thank you.

You have to explore a lot to find the items. Though currently it won't be possible to get the achievement on the PTS since one of the delves containing an item is bugged (think it makes you crash or something). The Black Quill took me maybe 20 minutes to find, but it is in there, just not near the boss.
    It is on a bench near a campfire in the other side of the cave where the Winterborn reside. Also, don't expect a quill, it actually looks like a water skin, but you will know it is the correct item because it glows.

I can definitely see guides for this coming in the near future, since they are so fiendishly well hidden. I have tried for hours to find the Centurion's Signet, but the hints are extremely vague and just points to a general area of the map >.<
    Edited by Saturn on 7 October 2015 21:46
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
    Answer ✓
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I first heard about this quest I got so excited!! If I remember correctly, there was a museum in Shivering Isles that you could donate oddities to and I loved it :#
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooh show us a pic if you can. One of my favourite things to do in previous elderscrolls games, was to display all the odd and cool things I had found, in my house. Would love if we could do that in this game. :#

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is so exciting. I love this kind of thing.
    angelyn wrote: »
    Oooh show us a pic if you can. One of my favourite things to do in previous elderscrolls games, was to display all the odd and cool things I had found, in my house. Would love if we could do that in this game. :#

I'm hoping this is some form of testing ground for a feature in the housing system they are working on. My guess is it is. Fingers crossed.
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Great, thanks a bunch for the info @Saturn . Was actually hoping for it to be exploration oriented. I'll be looking hard today and will post my finds here (if any).
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    The Delve that causes CTD is Zthenganaz. Tried entering 3 times with the same result.
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Dwemer Lantern/Dwarf Light Location
    Go to Nyzchaleft Falls World Boss. The World Boss is located on ground level, in between two elevated Dwemer Towers of sorts. The Lantern is up in the tower to the south (or right, if you're facing the boss area).

If you enter the tower facing east, there is a tree in the middle of it with a skyshard next to it. By the back wall - to the east - there is a large contraption with cogwheels inside it. It looks like a face.

Going to the left of this contraption, the Dwemer Lantern is hidden behind some large pipes, next to 2 cogwheels on the ground. You wll be prompted to interact with something called "Dwarf Light" rather than Dwemer Lantern.

Hope the description is clear.
    Edited by Padhraigh on 7 November 2015 09:17
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Coldperch Cavern - Black Quill Location (Thanks to @Saturn)
    The Black Quill is located on a bench near a cooking fire in the southwest area of the cave where lots of Winterborn resides, in the southwest corner of the area opposite a wooden cage. Also, don't expect a quill, it actually looks like a water skin, but you will know it is the correct item because it glows faintly.
    Edited by Padhraigh on 8 October 2015 05:56
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Scepter of the King-Chief Location
    Located by the King-Chief's Throne World Boss. When you approach the boss area from the only way where it's possible, you will see a small group of mobs below a platform where boss is located. To the left and right of these mobs are a couple of tents. The Scepter is located by the tents to the right.

The first tent on the right side has a weapon rack next to it. You can see this by looking for the effigy thingie, a bore skin tied to a big pole. When approaching this weapon rack, you will be prompted to interact with "Scepter of the Riekr King-Chief. It looks like a human skull mounted on a stick. Again, glowing ever so faintly.
    Edited by Padhraigh on 8 October 2015 05:56
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Heart of Zanadunoz Location
    Go to Unfinished Dolmen World Boss. The Boss area is circular, with mobs spread around. If you face South inside that area, you will see two mobs around a table, doing what looks like some sort of ritualistic stuff, one mob standing up and the other one on their knees. The heart is located on the table. Approcathing it you will be promted to interact with "Heart of Zanadunoz". Mind you, this is a world boss area. Attacking mobs will trigger the event, so either get help or be very quick. If you're able, you can clear the area of mobs and grab the heart before boss spawns and attacks. The window is short, but it's possible.
    Edited by Padhraigh on 8 October 2015 06:29
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Trinimac House Idol Location
    Located close to the entrance to Paragon's Rememberance, far west on the map. Make your way to the delve entrance. To the right of the entrance you will see 2 tents by a cooking fire, guarded by three baddies. The relic is located inside the smaller tent that has a melon basket by the entrance. Inside the tent, head towards the flipped over crate on the right side. Inside the crate you will be promted to interact with "Trinimac House Idol".
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Thukozodh's Bracers Location
    Head to Thukozod's Sanctum delve. This delve has two levels, and the relic is located on the bottom level in the large area in the southern part of the delve. You are in the right place if you see a bunch of skeletons close to 2 skeletal mages that seem to be doing something naughty with a blue crystal. In the northwest corner of this lower level area you will see a bench underneath a tarp, tied up between four poles. Approaching the bench will let you pick up "Thukozodh's Bracer"/spoiler]
    Edited by Padhraigh on 8 October 2015 07:53
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Liquid Silver Location
    Head inside Argent Mine delve. This is hard for me to describe due to a language barrier, but let's try it like this - inside this delve are "rooms" where the narrow corridors lead into openings. Let's call these alcoves. Now, when looking at the map inside the delve, you will see it has two levels. The left side of the map is the upper level, and the right side of the map is the lower level. On the lower level - right side of the map - you see there are 3 of these so called alcoves. The Liquid Silver Relic is located in the "middle" alcove.

This middle alcove is split in two parts, separated by a narrow passage with wooden ramp. The Relic is in the right part of this alcove. If you see a whole in the roof of the cave, letting light inside, and a tent with a torch by the entrance, you're in the right place. The Relic sits in a box, on the table inside the tent. When approaching it you will be promted to examine "Liquid Silver".
    Edited by Padhraigh on 9 October 2015 07:04
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Mad Urkazbur's Ice-Efffigy Location
    Head to The Mad Ogre's Altar World Boss. Here you will find an ogre doing the Nae Nae by an altar. Behind him - now facing north - is a tent. To the left of this tent is a big rock that shoots out and creates a roof, under which there are a couple of barrels and some tanning racks. On one of these barrels, you will see a small ice-statue sort of thing. Approach it and interact with ""Mad Urkazbur's Ice-Effigy".
    Edited by Padhraigh on 8 October 2015 09:58
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Guthragh's Mask Location
    This Relic is located close to Farhun's Stronghold. You may have to head through the stronghold in order to reach it.The mask can be found northeast of the Stronghold, at the top of a watchtower (hence the "eye" reference in the clues).There's a path leading up the mountain from inside the stronghold, following this should let you see the watchtower. Go up the stairs to the top of the tower and find the Mask on the pillar in the northeast corner of the tower.
    Edited by Padhraigh on 9 October 2015 07:06
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Found the signet....not on purpose just happened to be where it was and a tag appeared saying it was there so I grabbed it.
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Found the signet....not on purpose just happened to be where it was and a tag appeared saying it was there so I grabbed it.

Congrats! Feel free to share instructions on where to find it if you want to.
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Hammer of Glass Location
    This is located inside Old Orsinium public dungeon (and was a real b-word to find). You also need to go through the quest to enter the area where the relic is. Old Orsinium has several different areas, much like the Imperial Sewers. The Hammer of Glass is located in the northernmost part of the dungeon, to the right of Old Orsinium Shrine - which you will visit during the quest for the dungeon. You will know you're in the right spot if you can se a couple of beds and a bedside table on a platform of sorts. Behind this bedside table you will see a bright looking Maul, leaning against the wall. Approach it and interact with "Hammer of Glass".

(Pics of this location can be found further down the comments)
    Edited by Padhraigh on 16 October 2015 09:54
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Horn of Beasts location
    If you exit Old Orsinium public dungeon and try to follow the coastline from there, you will see a skyshard down by sea level, next to a waterfall. Get down to sea level. Just around the bend from this skyshard - heading south - you will see a huge rock propped up by some smaller rocks. Under this huge rock there is a snow troll hiding. Surprise, it's sitting on "Horn of Beasts", which looks like a warhorn. Kill troll, look under it and there's the "Horn of Beasts".
    Edited by Padhraigh on 9 October 2015 07:07
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Eye of Zthenganaz Location
    Head towards Rkindzaleft public dungeon. You will see a small river making it's way from a cave opening in the mountain, leading you towards the dungeon entrance. Don't go inside the cave yet. To the right of this opening, there is a big rock with the remains of a tree on top of it, pointing upwards. Right att he base of this tree next to the mountain wall is a dwemer looking thingie. Approact and interact and you will have the Eye of Ztenghanaz
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angelyn wrote: »

They will be on display in the Museum when you find them and bring them there :)

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the all the posts @Padhraigh I'll try to look for some of the items as well and will post them here if they aren't already. I'll also try and make a map (got to explore the entire Wrothgar first) and mark all the locations. The ones confined within delves are not so tough to find, but I have spent a lot of time trying to find the Centurion's Signet and N....'s Anvil (dont remember the name), but because they are within such a large open space it is quite a challenge.

Fire and Ice
  • Padhraigh
    Padhraigh
    ✭✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    [...]

Thanks mate, been at it all day and I think I'm ready to give up for now. Just running in circles at this point. The ones I'm unable to find is:
    - Map of Clans
    - Torc of Baloth Bloodtusk
    - Nuzava's Anvil
    - Frostbreak Chalice
    - Centurion's Signet
    - The First Charter (This, I think, is locked behind a Wrothgar main quest stage or perhaps it's unlocked by completing it. Either way, no clyes anywhere, except for the little info by the display saying it's somewhere in the Western Mountains, where a raider lost it when making their way to the coast).

There are a couple more displays that aren't tied to the list of relics. They seem to be tied to other quests in the zone though (made a choice in one where the relic stays where it was found).
    Edited by Padhraigh on 8 October 2015 17:06
    PC - EU - EP
    Relic Hunter
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Padhraigh wrote: »
    Hammer of Glass Location
    This is located inside Old Orsinium public dungeon (and was a real b-word to find). Old Orsinium has several different areas, much like the Imperial Sewers. The Hammer of Glass is located in the central, northern area, to the right of Old Orsinium Shrine - which you will visit during the quest for the dungeon. You will know you're in the right spot if you can se a couple of beds and a bedside table on a platform of sorts. Behind this bedside table you will see a bright looking Maul, leaning against the wall. Approach it and interact with "Hammer of Glass".

You were right that was tough to find -.- even with your directions I spent about 20 minutes. I took a picture, which will help others find it more easily:

uu0o8nwbsr46.png
    Edited by Saturn on 8 October 2015 19:03

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nuzava's Anvil Location
    This one was a bit hard to find, but the clue makes a lot more sense when you know the location of Morkul Stronghold. The Anvil can be found almost directly East of the Icy Shore wayshrine (it is only a short distance from the wayshine). It is in a cart next to a shallow stream of water and is guarded by 3 Vosh Rakh NPCs.

If you have trouble finding this I can include a picture.
    Edited by Saturn on 8 October 2015 20:19

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thugbo's Map of Clans Location
    Go North from Merchant's Gate wayshrine following the road. Before reaching the gate to Orsinium you should find yourself passing under a broken bridge and over a wooden one. Once you have crossed the bridge turn left between some rocks. There will be two Echateres near a broken cart. The Map will be on a rock next to the cart.

Again, if necessary I can provide a screenshot of its location, but this one should not be hard to find.
    Edited by Saturn on 8 October 2015 20:30

Fire and Ice
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@mlstevens42_ESO can you try to explain where you found it? I'm having a very hard time with that particular one :|

Fire and Ice
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It is on scaffolding outside of paladin's something or other. That is if I remember right. Not the door you go in but the back way for coming out. When you come out you are well above the ground and the scaffolding stuff seems to be to give you a safer way then fly be free to get down. Note again if I remember right. Was just wandering round and it did not seem important so.... Memory may be faulty.
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    um Paragon's ( sorry see told ya memory is faulty... well it started with a p)..... The scaffolding can be seen and you can get the item without going through the paragon's place....