The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

UI Scaling resetting?

Legalize_PvP
Anyone else seeing their UI scaling reset every time? I'm on multiple monitors (nvidia Surround) and my compass is also stretched across my right two monitors...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Reset every time after what?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Legalize_PvP
    Seems to be resetting after every load screen/reloadui/relog... disabling all add ons now and testing again
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, let us know if that works (and thanks for checking!)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Legalize_PvP
    Looks to be an add on causing it... Thanks for the inquiry. There do appear to be issues with a lot of things missing in cyrodill
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had that issue on PTS aswell. When you know which addon causes it, let us know. ;)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Looks to be an add on causing it... Thanks for the inquiry. There do appear to be issues with a lot of things missing in cyrodill

Hmm. Which campaign are you in, and what appears to be missing?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Legalize_PvP
    Hey Gina,

I'm in azura's star, and unfortunatley, after I hit another loading screen, the UI scaling has completley reset.

Check out Bloodmayne though. http://imgur.com/XbVi7Yo

Edited by Legalize_PvP on August 31, 2015 6:07PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, we'll check it out. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Legalize_PvP
    So to clarify, no add ons, /reloadui doesn't reproduce. Any loading screen causes it to reset it seems.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the stupid questions list.. you have the latest NVidea drivers?
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Gina,

I'm in azura's star, and unfortunatley, after I hit another loading screen, the UI scaling has completley reset.

Check out Bloodmayne though. http://imgur.com/XbVi7Yo

Oh, that happened to me with the City Centre in Mournhold last week!

Though it was all there when I went through the door.
    The Moot Councillor
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH Boy...I hope that doesn't come back.
    This usually is followed by "Missing" red boxes

I didn't get this during PTS tho ...not good either way
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Legalize_PvP
    Darlgon wrote: »
    On the stupid questions list.. you have the latest NVidea drivers?

Yep.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Circling back to the UI resizing issue, we did confirm internally that this is a legit bug, and will make sure this gets fixed in a future patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Came here to report this. Please fix ASAP. REALLY troublesome to try and reset it every time I zone. Particularly if I'm doing something like crafting and zone every few minutes. :(
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is typical after an update. Maybe fix some bugs, nerf things that people like, and add new bugs. Angry.gif They are like a dog chasing its own tale.

Zenimax_Bugs.jpg

“Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also I had made a thread on this already but it went to the next page really fast some how. Hmm, interesting.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/212207/wont-save-interface-scaling-settings#latest
    “Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope.”

• rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I was also going to mention zoning seems to be taking 5-10x as long as before, but that's likely due to population and not server/game code changes. :p
  • Blade_07
    Blade_07
    ✭✭✭✭
    rabb1t_ESO wrote: »
    I was also going to mention zoning seems to be taking 5-10x as long as before, but that's likely due to population and not server/game code changes. :p

Maybe.

• cavar
    cavar
    Soul Shriven
    Circling back to the UI resizing issue, we did confirm internally that this is a legit bug, and will make sure this gets fixed in a future patch.

I too am getting this bug. I have also updated my Nvidia drivers as of today. It happens every time I zone. The bug does not happen on a reload UI. This is a very annoying bug and I hope those affected do not have to wait till a "future" patch.
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So when a few of us reported this happening on the PTS when 2.1.3 dropped you guys did nothing. It's annoying, it's every load screen. Wonder what else we posted from 2.1.3 isnt fixed
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno, I hope you all can fix this one very quickly as this really messes up the display when you are using a 4K display. Everything is tiny till I resize the UI with each loading screen.

Also, while this is being addressed would you please ask them to look at why the map icons and the mouse pointer do not scale with the UI? Everything else scales well but my map icons and pointer are very small when playing at 4K resolution.
  • Legalize_PvP
    silky_soft wrote: »
    Wonder what else we posted from 2.1.3 isnt fixed

I'd guess everything that they couldn't fix before the hard launch date they set.
  • Slonekb05
    Slonekb05
    ✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/ihbq3dp2lVk

PS4- posted this number of times
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really hope you dont fix this in a "future patch". You should instead working at that right now!!

This affects a lot of players in a very negative and annoying way. I cant play like this.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always had a problem where my ESO window goes all fish eye, it started after the HD graphics update that came with 1.6. Only closing game gets it back to normal. I run a 1080p TV through an Onkyo AV receiver, I haven't found anyone with the same problem but I'm blaming my nvidia graphics card as it happens after a black screen i.e end of the loading screen.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on September 1, 2015 7:40AM
    PC EU
  • LiquidZ
    LiquidZ
    ✭✭✭
    I am also having this problem. It seems to be setting my UI size back to the default after loading screens. Not sure why this would be happening. I am using addons but they are the same ones that I had before the update. Probably just going to keep resizing after loading I guess because I like the addons I have. lol. Would be nice if it didn't do that though.
  • syzmic
    syzmic
    ✭✭✭

A Future patch.............This should be Hotfixed ASAP since it was reported on the PTS.

Edited by syzmic on September 1, 2015 11:52AM
  • Esbia
    Esbia
    Having exact same problem. This should be fixed ASAP because I honestly can't play the game like this
  • Acht88
    Acht88
    ✭✭
    Same problem. I tried to reset all the settings and disable all add-ons. Not helps. Play is not possible (an hour played a closed game).
    And loading locations has become very long.