Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

UI Scaling resetting?

• Marques
    Marques
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also experiencing this bug. Must I add that to anyone playing on high resolutions this makes the game nearly unplayable. Could we please have some feedback on when this may be hotfixed?
    Options
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    syzmic wrote: »
    Circling back to the UI resizing issue, we did confirm internally that this is a legit bug, and will make sure this gets fixed in a future patch.

A Future patch.............This should be Hotfixed ASAP since it was reported on the PTS.

Oh come on friend, Update 8 isn't that far away. 8emueuQ.png
    Edited by Teiji on September 1, 2015 7:29PM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Guys, please understand that while we hotfix what we can, this issue cannot be hotfixed due to the type of code it requires. That said, we are working on fixing it, and plan to get it into the next incremental patch (not the next DLC), tentatively scheduled for early next week.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Athas24
    Athas24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also having issues with UI resetting to an absurdly close up giant sized wreck of a mess. It happens anytime I zone or switch characters. It's driving me crazy. Also porting to other players in dungeons and the like *that are in my group* causes it to say the instance is full or some such nonsense...which stops my port. Little annoyances like that to me are more upsetting than large bugs. It's the kind of stuff that stops me from playing until it's fixed. *grumbles* I haven't even tried IC because of these load screens, zoning issues and retooling all my skill points and I was on for several hours last night. :(
    ...OverTwerked & Underpaid.
    Rajaat04 in game @Athas24 on forums
    Options
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, please understand that while we hotfix what we can, this issue cannot be hotfixed due to the type of code it requires. That said, we are working on fixing it, and plan to get it into the next incremental patch (not the next DLC), tentatively scheduled for early next week.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, thanks for updating and I hope it can make it in the next incremental patch. While it may take longer to address can you at least confirm if there are any plans to address the fact that the map icons and mouse pointer do not scale with the UI scale setting? I play in 4K and the map icons and mouse pointer are very small. It is not game breaking but it would be nice to not have to squint to make out the map icons. :smiley:
    Options
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    the next incremental patch (not the next DLC)

It is sad that the precedent ZOS has set for their timeliness of fixes requires this kind of clarification.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
    Options
  • DanielNorman
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Though I appreciate this is not directly your fault Gina and it's great to have the update, quite simply the next weeks patch is not good enough. Is it therefore the case that a multi million pound company managing a AAA game cannot or more likely will not fix a serious bug affecting so many customers like this before the next scheduled patch date? Especially considering its hugely embarrassing that this was not picked up by any quality assurance team you have or the ZOS PTS moderators.
    Options
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for listening and working on getting this to us next week.

0.jpg
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
    Options
  • Acht88
    Acht88
    ✭✭
    How to play this week? Ahead could be an interesting weekend ... Maybe this can be done before Saturday? Play is not possible (Is there a workaround?
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only with one of my addons. It will be on the right hand side of the screen as intended, up the side of the screen. After using a wayshrine, its stretched right across my screen from right to left. Will add screenshots next time I'm online.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Quintal
    Quintal
    ✭✭✭
    'Yeah, DLC is out, buy it!' We don't need to jump...
    ''Subscription fee means that we will offer players the game we set out to make, and the one that fans want to play. Going with any other model meant that we would have to make sacrifices and changes we weren't willing to make.''
    -Matt Firor
    Nick Konkle no longer part of ZOS
    Maria Aliprando no longer part of ZOS
    Paul Sage no longer part of ZOS
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a terribly annoying bug. I personally will not be playing while it lasts. Patch for it should be pushed out once it's ready even if it can't be hotfixed and leave the rest next week or next months considering past records. Early next week is quite not acceptable.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thank you! As a 4k monitor user at 28", the UI is needing resetting each time I enter the game, basically. It's not bad, just a tiny hassle to click it to about the right spot. Glad it'll be fixed in the near future. :) Mine gets zero scaling factor it seems like, so it's very small. I just hit ESC, settings, click about right on the bar, and it's a done deal, can tidy it up after if I get it off a bit too much. My chat box for example ends up being sized for I guess 720p, but displayed miniature at 4k :blush:.

EDIT: Looks like this, but once UI scale is changed, it pops back to the appropriate UI canvas positioning, and sizing.. I think it may simply be detecting lowest supported rez by the monitor's INF in the drivers, and then sizing based on that at login.

tBM8vkJ.jpg

Once the UI scale is changed back towards 0.8-0.9 (it is loading as all the way to zero on the UI scale slider in video options originally), which is typical for me, it looks like this instead:

NiZ9XRX.jpg
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on September 2, 2015 11:57AM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially considering its hugely embarrassing that this was not picked up by any quality assurance team you have or the ZOS PTS moderators.
    ZOS never seem concerned about abject QA failures like this, which have occurred pretty much every update the game has been live.

Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Especially considering its hugely embarrassing that this was not picked up by any quality assurance team you have or the ZOS PTS moderators.
    ZOS never seem concerned about abject QA failures like this, which have occurred pretty much every update the game has been live.
    There is a QA department in ZOS? That's new to me.
    Options
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Horary. :)
    Options
  • Krayor
    Krayor
    ✭✭✭

Well, how about an early maintenance then? Because I don't feel very motivated to play with this annoying bug.
    The ESO Economy screams, "major afterthought with little effort put into it!"
    Options
  • m4keyourself
    m4keyourself
    ✭✭
    My UI scale size is also resetting every time I log on or load a new area. It's not any of my addons. It's my not graphics. It is most definitely the game. Extremely frustrating. For me, makes the game almost unplayable. THIS CANNOT WAIT FOR A FUTURE PATCH. THIS NEEDS A HOTFIX ASAP.
    Edited by m4keyourself on September 3, 2015 12:53AM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circling back to the UI resizing issue, we did confirm internally that this is a legit bug, and will make sure this gets fixed in a future patch.

So how does future get defined as far as console is concerned?
    Will the bug be fixed prior to 9/15 or will be get some whacky UI error pop up as our UI is set
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on September 3, 2015 2:16AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • phatbandit
    phatbandit
    ✭✭✭

Thank you! As a 4k monitor user at 28", the UI is needing resetting each time I enter the game, basically. It's not bad, just a tiny hassle to click it to about the right spot. Glad it'll be fixed in the near future. :) Mine gets zero scaling factor it seems like, so it's very small. I just hit ESC, settings, click about right on the bar, and it's a done deal, can tidy it up after if I get it off a bit too much. My chat box for example ends up being sized for I guess 720p, but displayed miniature at 4k :blush:.

EDIT: Looks like this, but once UI scale is changed, it pops back to the appropriate UI canvas positioning, and sizing.. I think it may simply be detecting lowest supported rez by the monitor's INF in the drivers, and then sizing based on that at login.

tBM8vkJ.jpg

Once the UI scale is changed back towards 0.8-0.9 (it is loading as all the way to zero on the UI scale slider in video options originally), which is typical for me, it looks like this instead:

NiZ9XRX.jpg

looks from the pic that u get reset back to a very low UI scaling, like .76 or something, I get scaled back to 1.00 everytime...

i do not know whether this is important, but i have noticed that the 'Usersettings.txt' file seems to be getting modified every load screen - could be why zoning is taking so long?
    Options
  • phatbandit
    phatbandit
    ✭✭✭
    oh yeah, btw - is there anyway that if there is a solution, it could be downloaded and installed separately? that way only those effected could and would implement it - would let us test it to see if it works before u add to main update (nxt wk?) and allow us to play without problems? possible 2 birds - 1 stone?
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    phatbandit wrote: »

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/tBM8vkJ.jpg[/img]

[.img]http://i.imgur.com/NiZ9XRX.jpg[/img]

looks from the pic that u get reset back to a very low UI scaling, like .76 or something, I get scaled back to 1.00 everytime...

i do not know whether this is important, but i have noticed that the 'Usersettings.txt' file seems to be getting modified every load screen - could be why zoning is taking so long?

This is typical of ESO to write usersettings normally, throughout changing game settings once the UI is being triggered for a reload.

I also am noticing upon launching the game it seems to be cycling thru all available resolutions until the max one it can detect, and giving me a black screen until the login appears unless I click to time when the cursor shows up on the black screen before cycling off again. It always ends up at my proper 4k resolution, but I feel this is a related bug caused by the same UI scaling issue.

It will loop like this for at least 10 seconds if not interrupted. I'm using a gsync enabled Acer XB280HK monitor with 2x 970's in SLI for reference, win10 x64 driver for ForceWare is: 355.82. The newest :smile: .
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on September 3, 2015 1:53PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    mrskinskull
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else seeing their UI scaling reset every time? I'm on multiple monitors (nvidia Surround) and my compass is also stretched across my right two monitors...

PC problems.

Mmo' monitors, mmo problems, son!
    Options