Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do you support the level cap being raised to VR 16?

GorraShatan
GorraShatan
✭✭✭✭
Given the "yes VR 16" and "no VR 16" threads I thought an actual poll would be interesting. With leading questions just for Rylana. :3
Edited by GorraShatan on July 3, 2015 6:01PM

Do you support the level cap being raised to VR 16? 180 votes

Yes! I'm looking forward to the new gear progression!
41%
MisterJimothyFat_Cat45Gidorickcoryevans_3b14_ESOdjnapstyb14_ESOForestd16b14_ESOexiledtyrantEuckenDracaneGigasaxRebgranty2008cyb16_ESOKhenarthiBlackEardanak_3808b16_ESOWycksIWannaBeATigerNebthet78patrykplawskib16_ESONikolas 75 votes
No. I don't want to have to craft/loot new gear all over again nor do I want to grind another to vet ranks.
40%
Legionaryrikimm16_ESOYolokin_Swagonbornbadmojo0777b14_ESOGreyRangerThatNeonZebraAgainsswilhelm_27b14_ESOsubbssb14_ESOKendaricpWn3d_1337RhakonXantariaBugCollectorbertenburnyb16_ESOMorduilp_tsakirisb16_ESOBarstimborggrenlarsenb16_ESOSimen.askeland89b16_ESOKnootewoot 72 votes
I like turtles.
18%
EQBallzzSlurgPsychobunniVirtualElizabethSentinelxMovingTargetTrollwutAreziuskwisatzAngryNordEnduranceblair0588ub17_ESORunhentNifty2gShunravielias.stormneb18_ESOShinraJa50nXSoulacLynx7386 33 votes
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think poll should have just said a simple yes or no. People's reasoning can very likely be different than the options given
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    I dont necessarily mind it. However, I think they need to add a features to the crafting system that allows you to upgrade a piece of gear to the next level bracket for a fair material cost (assuming you have the appropriate crafting skill unlocked).

That way a blacksmith that just made his VR14 legendary chestpiece can dump some extra ingots into it to boost it up to VR15, or VR16, without losing all the materials put into the item.

They've made the rate at which you get purple/yellow tempers so low, and the number needed for an item upgrade so high, that it becomes impractical to have to replace your top quality gear constantly as the level cap keeps getting raised.

Also, a system like that mentioned would finally allow us to upgrade low level armor styles (like a level 14 bosmer jerkin) to higher levels while keeping the aesthetic design. A lot of people like lower level armor styles, but those styles disappear at higher levels because you cant keep upgrading them.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • AMZxArchMage
    I'm level 24 so yah
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I think poll should have just said a simple yes or no. People's reasoning can very likely be different than the options given

Yah, fair enough. Honestly I was of two minds on whether or not to include a "why" or not. I'm hoping those reasons at least give a starting point for a discussion on the merits and costs of the change?

Also Rylana complained about me doing this previously so it was too good an opportunity to pass up.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I don't want to have to craft/loot new gear all over again nor do I want to grind another to vet ranks.
    gear progression is normal in MMOs and needed to keep people playing as is eventual level/other means of growth. Usually it is tied to an expansion or significant content update to make it more fun. In this game however I have found the raising of levels (and therefore gear) is tied to rather small content updates. this leaves players with very little new things to make the progression fun. typically it ends up with players finding some unknown grind spot where they grind out the new level in mere hours, the spot gets nerfed and the majority of players are left with content that gives about 20% of the xp needed to reach the new levels.

I am all for progression but it needs to be fun and worthwhile. Add to the fact that for months they have been talking about removing veteran ranks and then side swipe us with new ranks instead
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not against it, there are bigger problems coming with 1.7 than that.
    Hope they also raise the level of sets, that are only available for vr12 or lower at the moment.If that's the case, then II'm very happy about vr16. Though I wish they would stop using veteran rank and just call it level 75 or so. But well, that's only a name.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • badmojo0777b14_ESO
    badmojo0777b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    what happened to ZOS getting rid of the Vet Levels all together? now they are adding 2 more levels? make up our mind ZOS, geez
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's pointless to increase and I think ZOS is talking BS when they say they will remove VR.
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't vote in the poll, but I hold folks to their word.

ZOS intoned VR ranks were going the way of the Dodo, so it flies in the face of logic for them then to subsequently increase VR ranks by two.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    V42

nosferatu0004.jpg
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First off yes vet is being removed but it is a long time goal they said. Second why wouldn't away one like it? It means 2 more attribute and skill points and craftable v16 gear and with imperial city that means v16 gear. Plus that does mean shoulder gear from undaunted chest will be v16. So again why not raise it.
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    Wildstar goin F2P in August.. see ya there!
    I'm outta here
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Gorra, the turtles were extremely tempting, but, yeah. I want vet ranks gone, as previously advertised.
    Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes for a couple reason's.

1: Since im a console player, it doesn't effect me since i haven't been v14 for very long.

2: This mean's Pc transfer's who came to console now have to get new gear along with us. Which make's us even gear wise... now just for those champion points... :p

3:New content, i'd rather get right into new content. Bear mount's B)

4:Give's us something to do. Imperial Inner City look's sweet.

5:More time for Dev's to have a well thought out plan for vet rank removal.

I feel bad for PC player's because they were promised no level cap increase. I think they are doing this because console transfer's turned out to be a bad decision. So this is a way to even the odd's. Now any v14 loot they brought to console wont be worth as much.
    PS4 NA DC
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Also, a system like that mentioned would finally allow us to upgrade low level armor styles (like a level 14 bosmer jerkin) to higher levels while keeping the aesthetic design. A lot of people like lower level armor styles, but those styles disappear at higher levels because you cant keep upgrading them.

YES! So many set's out their i would love to keep. Shrouded Set is one of my favorite's for Nb, getting half your hp bar as a stamina Nb every time i used an ultimate was amazing. Wish i could upgrade that set till the end of time.

Why isn't their a transmog system yet, seriously. :|
    PS4 NA DC
  • BrassRazoo
    BrassRazoo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah no I want to stay at VR14 for like ever.
    Of course I do, and it should keep getting raised every few months.

• LtCrunch
    LtCrunch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not voting in this poll because none of the options are relevant to me. I'm excited about new gearing possibilities. I also don't mind leveling up two more levels IF those additional levels provide some meaningful progression. Unfortunately they won't. We don't need more levels for meaningful progression and most of the vet ranks are hollow progression to begin with. For example 1-50 is meaningful progression because you're unlocking new abilities and morphing them. You're learning the ins and outs of your class, what works and what doesn't. You're learning game mechanics and how to use them effectively. You're learning what type of role(s) you prefer and fleshing out your character build. You're getting better as a player. Then you get to a certain point(generally vet ranks) where that type of meaningful progression stops and all you have are more levels to achieve with no real accompanied progression.
    Edited by LtCrunch on July 8, 2015 4:36AM
    NerdSauce Gaming
    Laughs-At-Wounds - Sap tanking since 03/30/14
    ßrandalf - Light armor tanking since 03/03/15
    Brandalf Beer-Belly - Tanking drunk since 12/30/16

• SOLDIER_1stClass
    SOLDIER_1stClass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes for now I am okay with it. As of right now i just want more content even if it is just filler for the time being.

I know myself and many others would prefer a system other than the Veteran System however, I would rather Zenimax took their time and come up with a reliably sound replacement than rush and give us something else that splits the community like the Champion system.

For me I just want a game that is fun and enjoyable and for the love of all things believed in from Valhalla to Jesus; I just want Zenimax to stop nerfing everything.
  • Zavinus
    Zavinus
    ✭✭
    I'm not even close to the level cap, but I voted "yes" anyway.

Just gives me more to do when I reach max level.
    ~Zavinus, Xbox One
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I told you we can have gear progression without invalidating all the old gear or raising level cap?
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    With the reduction of exp needed and it only being 2 VR levels I won't mind. That's going to be about 4 hours of grinding in bad spots or 2 and a half or so in good spots without using exp boosts. If it helps with their itemization plans i'll be happy.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • k2blader
    k2blader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if I told you we can have gear progression without invalidating all the old gear or raising level cap?

I would say, "Awesome!" But is that the plan?

4759220000130916050415.png

Disabling the grass may improve performance.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely. New and stronger foes to defeat, new treasure to loot, what's not to love!?
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont support the new VR lvl cap for the simple reason new lvl cap should only be apply to new expansion and not to content update and Imperial City is not a expansion it is content patch with most of us that have play ESO since last year have been wait a long time to get.

This is just a lazy way for ZoS to make people grand more lvl but if the keep this up i think more and more people are go to leave this game.
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dejavu?

Didnt we had a vote like this already?
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind veteran ranks. Champion system is a different story though...
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    Brandalf wrote: »
    I'm not voting in this poll because none of the options are relevant to me. .

What have you got against turtles?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more ZoS listens to the forum criers, the more they destroy this game.

It was supposed to be level 50 cap. 1 alliance (no cadwell silver/gold). No items progression etc.

What we get now is a game that tries to become a SWTOR/WOW clone, annoying the fun base that is here since it was initially announced, BECAUSE of what it was.

The more they tinker with the game, the less Elder Scrolls it becomes.

Most people wanted Skyrim Online, which at early stages it was, not this monstrosity is going to be.

• Dan198Zero
    New levels sound great to me, but only if there is new content to match the level increase.
    PSN- Dan198Zero
    VR14- DK Vampire- Ebonheart Pact
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more ZoS listens to the forum criers, the more they destroy this game.

It was supposed to be level 50 cap. 1 alliance (no cadwell silver/gold). No items progression etc.

What we get now is a game that tries to become a SWTOR/WOW clone, annoying the fun base that is here since it was initially announced, BECAUSE of what it was.

The more they tinker with the game, the less Elder Scrolls it becomes.

Most people wanted Skyrim Online, which at early stages it was, not this monstrosity is going to be.

Oh the irony, the most cries are from people who want to be max lvl in one week and want to it to be nerfed to the ground and if they could they would demand to have in eso just one lvl on which everyone starts xD

So, from my point of view, yes, The more ZoS listens to the forumn criers, the more they destroy this game. Because most of forum cries are people who are like "omg i do things in eso and i get exp but i dont want to lvl up! I want this exp to be wasted to nothing but CP! LVLs are filthy! its a heresy that i could use exp for something else!"