Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Do you support the level cap being raised to VR 16?

• Reeko
    Reeko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes! I'm looking forward to the new gear progression!
    I don't see how raising the veteran level by 2 is going to kill the game.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People need to remember that a company cannot advertise and market a system rework as easily as new content. ZOS may well remove VR at a later date, but to support new content they choose to increase itemization first.

There is only so many hours in the day. Devs cannot work on both new content and a massive system rework at the same time. Due to this ZOS needs to first release enough content to tied the players over during the inevitable content daught which will occur while VR is removed.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. I don't want to have to craft/loot new gear all over again nor do I want to grind another to vet ranks.
    No, because it's pointless. They want people to keep playing but I would do that already when I could just stay V14. I only PvP and I don't want the hassle to again throw away my golden armor and recraft the same stuff over again. It only annoys me.

For PvE I can understand with new content the level cap increases. But they can also just make the content V14 so you can play it.

Why are there levels anyway. Just getting the skills is more then enough. Put the XP only to gain stat attributes. when you level up you don't get more powerfull because the monsters also level up. If you stay at one level then there is no noob area. Every area will stay a challenge.

but that's my opinion. I just want a game without levels but only skills.

But for me the 2 added levels are an annoyance because my golden shadow armor and morag tong will be V14 and I will have to make V16 so I first have to find them or buy them and make them yellow and I have to recraft my other stuff. And I just want to hop in the game and PvP, nothing more.

Edit: Also, the 2 extra veteran levels everybody will grind in 1-2 days anyway. It is not even content. There will not even be content to use it for anway. If there was a complete new zone which you could do and het the 2 levels I understand. But there is nothing... no content for months. The next "content" will be added when everybody is already V16. So it is pointless.
    Edited by Knootewoot on July 8, 2015 8:53AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    No, because it's pointless. They want people to keep playing but I would do that already when I could just stay V14. I only PvP and I don't want the hassle to again throw away my golden armor and recraft the same stuff over again. It only annoys me.

For PvE I can understand with new content the level cap increases. But they can also just make the content V14 so you can play it.

Why are there levels anyway. Just getting the skills is more then enough. Put the XP only to gain stat attributes. when you level up you don't get more powerfull because the monsters also level up. If you stay at one level then there is no noob area. Every area will stay a challenge.

but that's my opinion. I just want a game without levels but only skills.

But for me the 2 added levels are an annoyance because my golden shadow armor and morag tong will be V14 and I will have to make V16 so I first have to find them or buy them and make them yellow and I have to recraft my other stuff. And I just want to hop in the game and PvP, nothing more.

Thank you for being honest
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. I don't want to have to craft/loot new gear all over again nor do I want to grind another to vet ranks.
    Thank you for being honest

It is what I play this game for. It is what the teso advertisements drew me to this game. PvE-wise there are much better games imho.

Just like your sig sais, PvP and PvE should not influence eachother. How hard can it be to add code (for example your sig)

If player in Cyrrodil --> no stamina regen when blocking
    If player not in Cyrrodil --> stamina regen when blocking

Both PvE and PvP are totally different. And the nerfs ruin both PvP and PvE as it cannot be balanced both ways it seems.

I rather have PvP removed from the game and sold as a separate stand alone game so I can just login, siege some keeps and kill players and have fun. Levels can be removed, just skill based. Im afraid the PvP which hasn't gotten to much attention last year will last not long. Soon other PvP games will come and people will try that and maybe not return.

Removing PvP is not healthy for the game as there are also people who like both. Remove PvP and you remove half the playerbase (or more).
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The more ZoS listens to the forum criers, the more they destroy this game.

It was supposed to be level 50 cap. 1 alliance (no cadwell silver/gold). No items progression etc.

What we get now is a game that tries to become a SWTOR/WOW clone, annoying the fun base that is here since it was initially announced, BECAUSE of what it was.

The more they tinker with the game, the less Elder Scrolls it becomes.

Most people wanted Skyrim Online, which at early stages it was, not this monstrosity is going to be.

You say this and yet vote for the "forum crier" option? What?
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    VR whatever as long as they remove CP or at least cap it.
    For the Horde!
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    Meh I can take it or leave it. Honestly we are probably talking four additional hours in my life to get to V14 so no biggie there. The only downside I see is spending gold to get the yellow mats for the new gear.
    @ElizabethInTamriel; @ElizabethInESO
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Alina_Scarbridge
    Alina_Scarbridge
    ✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    V42

nosferatu0004.jpg

42?!?!?!

This one will not panic....
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    The fact that they are adding 2 more levels and still plan to remove VR later clearly shows no direction within management. This is a HUGE waste of resources to put something in that will be taken out later. It's clearly an attempt to go "Here, we've given you a path to progression for your character!" "Oh, and by the way, there are XP Potions in the Crown Store that will help you get there quicker!".....

This is a cash ploy to sell more XP Pots and nothing more.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    The fact that they are adding 2 more levels and still plan to remove VR later clearly shows no direction within management. This is a HUGE waste of resources to put something in that will be taken out later. It's clearly an attempt to go "Here, we've given you a path to progression for your character!" "Oh, and by the way, there are XP Potions in the Crown Store that will help you get there quicker!".....

Not even close to true. The VR system is already in place. I want higher level foes to fight and gear to earn. This is the easiest thing in the world.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does it matter - unlikely to change what they're going to do one way or the other.

Pull out your ESO packaging. "Proactive" is nowhere on there, guarantee it.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • LariahHunding
    LariahHunding
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't check the maths but with the reduction in points per level and increase XP, is not just about a wash (well unless you are already VR10+).
    Edited by LariahHunding on July 9, 2015 6:27PM
    "Give a man a sweet roll, he only has one to steal. Give him a sweet roll recipe, he have bunches to steal."

• GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »

Who's to say there won't be some equivalent gear system though? They're not just going to end gear progression at level 50.
    Why does it matter - unlikely to change what they're going to do one way or the other.

Pull out your ESO packaging. "Proactive" is nowhere on there, guarantee it.

I think it's useful to let the Devs know how the community as a whole feels one way or another, and polls have less of a bias towards only those with strong feelings in one direction or the other.
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like turtles.
    It doesn't bother me at all. My main is now VR13 with about 550,000 points to hit VR14. I still haven't finished all of the quests and have barely touched Craglorn. I don't mind having 2 more levels to go after I hit 14.