The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

console transfers in pvp, good, indifferent, bad? why?

DIENASTY9
DIENASTY9
✭✭✭
would like to know what the community thinks on this. OBVIOUSLY its too late to change anything. i thought it would be a good idea until i got in pvp and saw the leaderboards stacked with vr14 transfers.

i have also run in with a few...and watched from stealth as they killed off 5-30 other players all by themselves.

then i saw two of them take out ungodly numbers of my team while healing through almost everything thrown at them.

i thought i would be indifferent...i thought it would be ok with the scaling, i thought wrong.
we dont have a chance at emperor, we cant change the tide of a battle all by ourselves, we cant destroy 5 players solo, we will never have as many CP ether.
i wont quit, i like this game alot. and this is not meant to be a giant flame war, or whine fest, but really...having a 20% increase on some of your stats because of 100-300 champion points while being thrown into the new players tank is nothing but imbecilic of whoever made transfers a thing....man do i feel stupid for thinking this would be ok.
Edited by DIENASTY9 on June 27, 2015 5:10AM
"Tryn'a be a gentleman of sorts, tryn'a be a better man, of course"

welshassassin1987 (in regards to console community) : "Except the guy who continued to follow me around making chicken noises till I logged out. Or the one who shouts abuse because you didn't heal him when your not even a healer. Or the one that thinks everyone in Tamriel wants to here Gangsta Rap. I could go on. No doubt there are some decent folk out there, sadly not seeing them around at the moment."

console transfers in pvp, good, indifferent, bad? why? 73 votes

NO, not fair.
73%
DevveChardeeMacDagabahmeatshieldb14_ESOParadoxcschwingeb14_ESONotSoSublimeyv3tt3Valen_ByteKaaldeinFrancescolgJa50nXtengriVisKronospherenothing2591ItoqLettigallfelinith66Isbilen 54 votes
Indifferent, don't see them enough.
12%
RebThe_SpAwNxray33TheBonesXXXWald1najybgessKatzMainTankS1ng3l_c3llFLvortex31 9 votes
YES, for what reason
13%
ThymosAsha_VeorEejit1331PhatGrimReaperVynistBane_of_FringeAdamBourkeDerraCormoregraveyard88 10 votes
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its normal for this type of games, every single game does that. We tried to fight but at least nowadays theres thing called "catch-up mechanic" as far I know, so we can hope it becomes the standard for the genre, its not easy to change a genre whats stuck in the old stuff. Besides, couple week more and theres first console VR14s too.
    Edited by Sausage on June 27, 2015 5:28AM
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO, not fair.
    It was a horrible idea from zos to do this. I just hit veteran rank and because of PC transfers, I don't even want to touch PvP until I acquire 90 CP. There's just too much of a power gap right now.
    Options
  • teaguewh
    teaguewh
    Yep! Not fair to players new to this type of play. As a new player, I don't want to join a campaign just to be cannon fodder.
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES, for what reason
    While it may or may not be fair to new console players - it was a feature promised to players willing to make a purchase for pc over a year ago. It´s a fair treatment that zos kept this promise.

The cp-system being a completely unbalanced powercreep is a whole different topic.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I havent played on PC yet, but I didnt recognize much lag etc in Cyro, even in large scale battles (if this is an requirement)
    Options
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    NO, not fair.
    Torbschka wrote: »
    I havent played on PC yet, but I didnt recognize much lag etc in Cyro, even in large scale battles (if this is an requirement)

The lag usually comes when you have 30 people just bum rushing an inner keep spamming spells after spells, while throwing up siege weapons. Frame Rate lag is the main problem. Hard to avoid it though.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
    Options
  • Zanen
    Zanen
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a PC transfer, and I'm an Emperor on PS4 NA.

Of course it isn't fair. There's very little fairness in ESO PVP anyway though, on an individual level.

What's worse though is how badly the whole thing was implemented.

They made the transfer offer to us over a year ago, whether that was a good idea or not at the time is hard to say but they obligated themselves to make transfers available a very long time ago.

What they didn't have to do is release the champion system prior to console, so there are people with hundreds of CPs on day one (that isn't me BTW, I only rolled my toon after I bought the transfer in April and only played a little at PC launch before that) and they didn't need to launch console with only one non-vet campaign either, it's better now they've added more.

All that said though the difference between a VR14 character and a level 4x in pvp isn't as big as you might think, I've taken a level 30 into vet pvp with no champion points and still wrecked, and frankly I don't usually notice a huge difference between vet and non-vet opponents except that there are more good players with good builds among the vets.

It's really game knowledge, and gear investment (it's silly to even invest in the best gear before VR14, even if you have access to it) that makes the difference, when I'm not emperor even level 10s have more stats than I do.

From what I've seen I think vets have been adding a lot to the game besides just being OP in pvp though, I spend a lot of time helping people out with questions or crafting or whatever and so do the other transfers I know.

It's not going to be long now before the hardcore console crowd start reaching VR14 in numbers, and from what I can tell there aren't all that many of us transfers. It's going to work itself out IMO.

It would really be better if they implemented the new battle level for new vets though, VR1s are at a huge disadvantage atm.

Options
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's not fair. I'm not voting because it's pointless, and nothing is going to change.

But I will say, if you transferred to console from PC, you're either terrible and need to feel like you're amazing, or you're just plain stupid. Because after playing PC since beta and playing around on console for a little while, I realized there is just no comparison between the 2. Without addons, or even just basic necessary information in that bland UI on console, the game is just completely unenjoyable for me, especially after having gotten used to the way I play on PC for over a year. So take joy knowing that if a transfer character spends more time on console than PC, it's because he couldn't get emperor/get kills/have fun, with players who present actual competition. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there will be some great PvP'ers that come from console, I just mean right now.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
    Options
  • Junglejim82
    Junglejim82
    ✭✭✭
    NO, not fair.
    It's sucky for Console players that's for sure but it is what it is. Got no idea how affected our guild will be yet . It maybe individual players maybe full guilds although I hope not . We're a guild of pvp guys but it'll take a while to get us all maxed out and up-to. Speed anyway that was always going to be the case just assumed it'd be the same across the board. Don't think it's fair in principle but I've played catch up in mmos before can do it again just might not be fun for a while running into them
    Jungleim
    Stamblade extrordinaire (for now)
    Mass Terror /elders of anarchy ps4 e.u
    Daggerfalls finest

Always looking for serious pvpers not afraid to mic up. See below
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/181697/massterror-ps4-eu-daggerfall-are-recruiting#latest
    Options
  • domlynchb16_ESO
    I'm a vet 14 transfer from pc. i prefer console as i can play on widescreen tv, and the specs are better than my office laptop..

i hated the controller at first but now i much prefer it..

i'm ranked 7 on the eu leaderboard, and my mackica NB can take out groups like you mentioned.. In terms of 1 vs X i think i have the most player kills. The other leaderboards i think are flipping keeps or getting group/zerg xp. i only solo - probably take out 50-200 players a day depending how many hours

However, it is not about being unfair to non-transfers.

It is much easier for me to take out Vets, than it is the level 10-50's.. i actively target vets

battle levelling gives the level 10-50's much higher stats.

i can take out vet 14's in about 2 seconds. Often 2 hits + assault before they are even up from their horse.

level 1 - 50's take me 4 seconds i need to concealed weapon 2 or 3 times sometimes once they are off their horse.
    Edited by domlynchb16_ESO on June 29, 2015 7:52AM
    Options
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    As a xbox player i watched a vr14 1v30 and won
    Options
  • Teginjaninja
    They are not that bad tbh, I'm vr3 and can easily kill a vr14
    Options
  • domlynchb16_ESO

that is more to do with the vet 14 understanding the game mechanics, and experience

and for the mass of newbies lack of gaming knowledge/ability on behalf of the 30 newbs..

1 cast of fear and the vet 14 would be out in a few seconds.. you don't need to be a vet to cast fear, just 1 of the 30 should be a nightblade...

let me guess - a vet 14 dragonknight blocking and casting bat swarm - with 30 newbiess around with swords trying to hit him..

the fact is - it takes me 2x longer to kill a level 1 - 50 than it does to take down a vet 1 - 14. simply based on their battle levelled stats.. i can 1 or 2 shot a vet 14. i generally don't 2 shot a level 1-50.. it is 3 or 4 hits.

this is true with both of my cars - Vet 14 - 32k magicka nightblade / and also with my vet 14 khajit stamina 4k weapon damage with 70%+ crit chance NB using snipe-

e.g. a vet 14 sorc with damage shield goes down in 2 hits. same against a lev 10 sorc they have no gear or shields - takes me 3 hits with snipe - i do this 50-200 times a day across multiple clases/levels so statistically it is accurate

Edited by domlynchb16_ESO on June 29, 2015 11:29AM
    Options
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭
    YES, for what reason
    Group up with a group of vets. If you are NA, PS4, AD, Azura Star, hit us up and we will invite. We teach people how to play pvp and help with pve. We are here to help, unless you are blue or red.
    Options
  • DIENASTY9
    DIENASTY9
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit1331 wrote: »
    Group up with a group of vets. If you are NA, PS4, AD, Azura Star, hit us up and we will invite. We teach people how to play pvp and help with pve. We are here to help, unless you are blue or red.

Lots of good points, its really the CP that has given the advantage. But we all knew this. Thats the reason anything is op.

Also you AD guys are annoying as hell i wont lie. Where did you all get the mass vet numbers? I remember on pc ebonheart was dominating, at least on my camp. Are you all just grouped up on az?

welshassassin1987 (in regards to console community) : "Except the guy who continued to follow me around making chicken noises till I logged out. Or the one who shouts abuse because you didn't heal him when your not even a healer. Or the one that thinks everyone in Tamriel wants to here Gangsta Rap. I could go on. No doubt there are some decent folk out there, sadly not seeing them around at the moment."
    Options
  • thefishgod
    thefishgod
    Soul Shriven
    NO, not fair.
    Yeah they are OP.. they can deal 18k damage like it's nothing (sorcs) and two of them can wipe a whole zerg...

What makes it worse is that if you are vet 1 you are actually worse than a non vet ranked player in terms of HP and probably other stats because you aren't being boosted to a vr14 with decent gear.
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not voting because I'm not a console player, but I want to point out that shades of this issue have existed since PC launch as well. There are so many 1vx videos to show exactly this. I predict that In a few months the V14s on console will outnumber the lower ranked players, and you'll switch over to complaining about the imbalance of CP in the non-vet campaign.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭
    YES, for what reason
    DIENASTY9 wrote: »
    Eejit1331 wrote: »

Lots of good points, its really the CP that has given the advantage. But we all knew this. Thats the reason anything is op.

Also you AD guys are annoying as hell i wont lie. Where did you all get the mass vet numbers? I remember on pc ebonheart was dominating, at least on my camp. Are you all just grouped up on az?

In regards to CP, they will make a ramp up so you will catch up eventually, level to V14 like we did (on the pc), then pvp will be more balanced, if you do t want to wait, find some experienced v14 and learn some strategies. Yeah, we had a good size group of us transfer from pc to ps4 (it was always our intention) and we have been pvping as a group for over a year now. Join AD and have some fun! Look us up. If you are blue, tell your emp to do his job and stop solo ganking..lol. If your red, sorry, but you do have numbers and you all are doing very well on all other campains :)
    Edited by Eejit1331 on June 29, 2015 1:59PM
    Options
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    NO, not fair.
    I stopped playing my V14 Magicka NB after hitting rank 1 and started leveling an alt. Its completely unbalanced, I could take on 10+ people at once and still come out alive. Just kills the fun for new players trying to enjoy the game. However, they did seem to gain a great level of satisfaction after zerging me down and having a crouch humping party on my corpse.
    Edited by tist on June 29, 2015 2:46PM
    Options
  • Bane_of_Fringe
    Bane_of_Fringe
    ✭✭✭
    YES, for what reason
    There's a lot more to the game than CP alone. Many of these players have been playing the game for one year. They're experienced, have min/max stats and gear to boot. From what I've seen from new console players, you don't know left from right in pvp right now. Just need time to lvl etc. Generally the leaderboards will only have vet players, people that know the game will have more knowledge and know how to sit well on the scoreboard to someone who is still learning their class.
    Characters:
    Bane of Fringe Vr-14
    Casts as Hatchling Vr-5
    Shinobu-chan Vr-1
    Holo the Wise and Cunning Vr-5
    Soft Rose Vr-1
    Svaedstrom Lowbie
    Man in the Fringe Vr-2
    Batul Gra-Sharob Vr-1

Previous vets:
    Jade Blossom Vr-1
    Man in the Fringe Vr-5
    RAGE
    Options
  • DIENASTY9
    DIENASTY9
    ✭✭✭
    Quite frankly, as a vr 6 about to be 7 i can hold my own in a few scenarios. Im not upset about that. Im not reaaally upset about anything, just kinda "well great" about the situation.

A little known secret is that i am a transfer from pc, vet 14, but i did not really delve into pvp much AT ALL on pc. After trading iver my gear abd vamp bite i ended up deleting him to re level with friends...boy was that stupid. At the sane time, at least im not destroying everyone in pvp.

Honestly tho, on azuras star...all the emperors are pr**ks, AD emp whatever his name is, bat swarm and steel tornado or whatever im smart enough to gtfo and pelt him with arrows, but my noob teamies? They die to him by the hundreds. I killed him and got a 18 group member revenge. Idk who is more of a joke, him or the noobs...

Edit: naming and shaming prolly against rules lololol
    Edited by DIENASTY9 on June 29, 2015 6:18PM

Options
  • Eejit1331
    Eejit1331
    ✭✭✭
    YES, for what reason
    Don't forget Vigor and all gold gear. Our goal is to get blue in 3rd spot :) we don't even attack red (that's all via our pugs). We only try to go against the v14 on blue side but all the low levels get in our way, but we only want the higher ranked players there :)
    Edited by Eejit1331 on June 29, 2015 7:20PM
    Options
  • FlounderOG
    FlounderOG
    ✭✭✭
    NO, not fair.
    Was a horrible decision, and shouldnt have been promised in the first place. Can't do anything about it now though.
    -Daggerfall Covenant (Xbox NA)-
    Haderus Main
    Tavia Guest
    Options
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES, for what reason
    Yes. I am one of those people. who transferred.

I started playing a year ago, and with some breaks, continued to play on PC until console launch. Only yesterday did I finally finish the main quest. (When I was level 49... I thought you had to be 50?).

I never wanted to play on PC, but the promise of the console transfer persuaded me. They promised it, and lived up to their promise. which IS fair. At the time, Champion points weren't a thing - only Veteran Ranks, which I suppose is a bit fairer. But because they promised it, it would be unfair if they hadn't allowed it.

But in addition... I am sure there are new players on console who are already at a higher level than me. Who have finished most of the game already. So for them, i pose no threat. And not really to any new players either, as so far I have mainly played PvE - especially since console launch.

But since the account is the same (ish) - should I really have had my character wiped? How would you feel if, one year from now, Zenimax announced that because you were so far ahead of new players, you would have to start again? You wouldn't be very happy, I think.

Or what if they had made the game cross-platform? Same Thing.

The only people who this is going to affect, are those people that spend all of their time playing. That's not me. That's not most people in the game. Judging my an informal poll somewhere else in the forums, the people playing this game are mostly in their late twenties to early forties. A lot of us have jobs, partners, children, etc that also take up our time.

Not to mention that, on these forums, we don't hear from the most casual gamers - my Dad plays 0-3 hours per week as that's all the time he gets. His character was level 18 when the transfer happened. I suspect that there any many more players in his position that this would have helped.

I think the ability to transfer consoles characters will have helped many more people than it annoyed.

Finally... the champion system is designed so that newer player will be able to catch up to a significant degree. The Champion points are worth less each time you invest in the same area - and you have to power similar areas evenly. A new player does not need as many champion points as an older player does, in order to get to the point where it's just about who plays the game better.

Worried about the other guy having stronger attacks than you? [L2] + (X) lets you dodge on ps4 ;-).

Tl;dr: Console Transfer helped more than they hindered. If you want to be a high-level player, stop complaining that things aren't fair, and go out and improve your abilities (and I don't mean the ones one you ability bar)
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
    Options
  • DIENASTY9
    DIENASTY9
    ✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Yes. I am one of those people. who transferred.

I started playing a year ago, and with some breaks, continued to play on PC until console launch. Only yesterday did I finally finish the main quest. (When I was level 49... I thought you had to be 50?).

I never wanted to play on PC, but the promise of the console transfer persuaded me. They promised it, and lived up to their promise. which IS fair. At the time, Champion points weren't a thing - only Veteran Ranks, which I suppose is a bit fairer. But because they promised it, it would be unfair if they hadn't allowed it.

But in addition... I am sure there are new players on console who are already at a higher level than me. Who have finished most of the game already. So for them, i pose no threat. And not really to any new players either, as so far I have mainly played PvE - especially since console launch.

But since the account is the same (ish) - should I really have had my character wiped? How would you feel if, one year from now, Zenimax announced that because you were so far ahead of new players, you would have to start again? You wouldn't be very happy, I think.

Or what if they had made the game cross-platform? Same Thing.

The only people who this is going to affect, are those people that spend all of their time playing. That's not me. That's not most people in the game. Judging my an informal poll somewhere else in the forums, the people playing this game are mostly in their late twenties to early forties. A lot of us have jobs, partners, children, etc that also take up our time.

Not to mention that, on these forums, we don't hear from the most casual gamers - my Dad plays 0-3 hours per week as that's all the time he gets. His character was level 18 when the transfer happened. I suspect that there any many more players in his position that this would have helped.

I think the ability to transfer consoles characters will have helped many more people than it annoyed.

Finally... the champion system is designed so that newer player will be able to catch up to a significant degree. The Champion points are worth less each time you invest in the same area - and you have to power similar areas evenly. A new player does not need as many champion points as an older player does, in order to get to the point where it's just about who plays the game better.

Worried about the other guy having stronger attacks than you? [L2] + (X) lets you dodge on ps4 ;-).

Tl;dr: Console Transfer helped more than they hindered. If you want to be a high-level player, stop complaining that things aren't fair, and go out and improve your abilities (and I don't mean the ones one you ability bar)

when they neglect to read the entirety of the thread and make accusations based on what they think is going on ;')

Options
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭

that is more to do with the vet 14 understanding the game mechanics, and experience

and for the mass of newbies lack of gaming knowledge/ability on behalf of the 30 newbs..

1 cast of fear and the vet 14 would be out in a few seconds.. you don't need to be a vet to cast fear, just 1 of the 30 should be a nightblade...

let me guess - a vet 14 dragonknight blocking and casting bat swarm - with 30 newbiess around with swords trying to hit him..

the fact is - it takes me 2x longer to kill a level 1 - 50 than it does to take down a vet 1 - 14. simply based on their battle levelled stats.. i can 1 or 2 shot a vet 14. i generally don't 2 shot a level 1-50.. it is 3 or 4 hits.

this is true with both of my cars - Vet 14 - 32k magicka nightblade / and also with my vet 14 khajit stamina 4k weapon damage with 70%+ crit chance NB using snipe-

e.g. a vet 14 sorc with damage shield goes down in 2 hits. same against a lev 10 sorc they have no gear or shields - takes me 3 hits with snipe - i do this 50-200 times a day across multiple clases/levels so statistically it is accurate

No it was a mage oneshoting people with frags and with never ending blot even syther did a vid saying they never should have done it he was 1v50
    Options
  • kstebbins
    kstebbins
    Soul Shriven
    NO, not fair.
    It's absolutely ***, especially when many of those PC players used bots to farm stupid champion levels. I can't tell you how many people I run into that take a whole zerg down single handedly. I'm a vet 14 started playing for the first time on ps4 and I feel so weak compared to some of the 14's I run into. I'm currently number 7 in my campaign so I know I don't suck, but I still run into people I can't even damage, I smack some people with my ice comet and they just look at me like what the hell man, then one or 2 shot me, things like this make me want to quit the game already after a month. PVP is so broke because of the transfers.
    Options
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NO, not fair.
    I'm not saying that these players should be punished, this whole discrepancy is ZOS's fault and they shouldn't have made this deal from the start.
    Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    My roommate ported my toons to his PS4. I played maybe 5-10hrs max in pvp. It was bad, they had no chance... I haven't played since.

But I will agree, it's not so much an advantage as it is just skill and understanding of the game. In vet pvp on pc, there's no way I could solo 20 people, even if they're all lvl 10s. I was doing easily twice that (sorc) on ps4 launch.

Just hang in there, you guys will get better. You got a big advantage in that you can study PC builds. Save the time and don't try creating some willy-nilly build(s).
    Options