The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unable To Send Mail To Specific Users

McJeubert
McJeubert
Soul Shriven
I am able to send mail (including attachments) to all my friends in ESO, but none of my friends are able to send mail to me. I have searched the forums for a resolution/fix and found a suggested course of action which was only a temporary fix; my friend removed me from his XBox friends list, then added me to his friends list through the ESOTU UI. He was then able to send me mail. However, the next time he logged into the game... he was unable to send mail to me again. I do not expect all my friends to go through this process every time they login in order to send me mail, but I do expect them to have the option to successfully send me mail.

Additionally, another friend of mine also has the issue described above (cannot receive mail from anyone, but can send mail). It also appears other XBox One players have experienced this issue, see below for example.

Unable to Send Mail To Specific Users
Since release there are two friends of mine I have been unable to send mail to. These players show up in my guild, friends list, etc but can't receive any mail. Both these users don't have spaces in their name, so the spaces isn't the root cause to the issue. Everytime it says the player does not exist but obviously they do since their on the guild and friends list.
  • Keeperz
    Keeperz
    I have the same issue can send mail to some but not others
  • RivetGirl13
    I'm having the same problem... I can send but friends can't send email to me because apparently, I "don't exist". I'm really hoping this is something that gets resolved soon...
  • Hashthechosen
    Hashthechosen
    Soul Shriven
    I also don't exist. According to the mail system.
  • MrSuplex
    MrSuplex
    ✭✭
    There have been so many threads about this issue. It would be nice to get a response from ZOS on the status of the fix.
  • dkorte92
    dkorte92
    I also am having the same problem
  • Annod.of_Keene
    Annod.of_Keene
    Soul Shriven
    same problem here...xbox one
  • RivetGirl13
    Hey developers. ... ANY idea when this email issue is going to be addressed and resolved???
  • Darkrosesus
    Darkrosesus
    ✭✭
    Mine has glitched. All my current PSN friends who play ESO have disappeared off the list when I go into the mail section.
  • mtneergirl
    mtneergirl
    Soul Shriven
    This is me as well. I can send to others but others cannot send to me.
  • TWaltz
    TWaltz
    The only time I have got a user does not exist msg was when I forgot to put a subject on the mail, that could be some people's problem
  • WhiteKnight019
    WhiteKnight019
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem. I can send mail to my wife in game, but I cannot send mail to a friend on my friends list. My cannot send mail to me.

I think the problem could be this, is the fact that I have multiple characters, as well as my friend on my friends list, however my wife does not. Could there be something conflicting because the server may think the mail is going to more than one recipient?

Quick poll, how many users have multiple characters and cannot receive or send mail to other users with multiple characters but can send mail to a person with one character?
    Platform: Xbox NA
    Gamertag: WhiteKnight019

Factions:
    Ebonheart Pact - Saria Lore
    Dominion - Xerni'a

Guilds:
    Currently looking for a guild to buy and trade items in
  • McJeubert
    McJeubert
    Soul Shriven
    I have one character on each server, but had this issue before I made the second character. Also my friend who can't receive mail only has one character. I have tried adding text to the subject (and body) to see if that has an effect... as @TWaltz has suggested, but with no luck.

Currently, I have no names populated in my in-game friends list... which could signify there's a sync issue with the 'megaserver' but my in-game friends list had previously been populated before, when I was still unable to receive mail.

Like I posted originally, the only thing that's worked is when you delete the person who can't receive mail from your Xbox friends list, then add them as a friend through the ESOTU UI. But again, this is only a temporary fix as the next time you login they are unable to receive mail again.

I'm starting to believe that's the only thing we can do right now until ZOS resolves the friends syncing issue on their megaservers.
    Edited by McJeubert on July 3, 2015 5:22PM
  • logan69
    logan69
    I'm having the same problem I can send mail to my wife but she can't send mail to me.
  • McJeubert
    McJeubert
    Soul Shriven
    Just had another thought... Has anyone who can't receive mail tried uninstalling the game, then reinstalling to see if they would then be able to receive mail?! Lol, I am not willing to do this because it might not work, but maybe it would?

Anyways, if someone tries that please let us know the result.
  • Mailman0105
    Still having mail issue as well. I can't send mail to my own kids who play next to me in same room. Yes I can trade item with them, but having to travel to them all the time is ridiculous.....and ESPECIALLY since I am a mailman irl, this issue really BUGS me. Their gamertags are (aKidGonePostal) and (Babykairi), no spaces in either name.
  • kelahnus
    kelahnus
    Soul Shriven
    I posted this problem in another thread before seeing this one so I just want to add to the list here that I am having the same issue my friend can send me mail but I can't send mail back because apparently he doesn't exist.
  • alurunaway
    alurunaway
    Soul Shriven
    This is getting ridiculous now. I've tried all of their "fixes" and nothing works. My fiancé and I have multiple things to send each other but can't because we are on the same console. We tried using her brother as a middle man but now he can't send us mail either. She use to be able to mail him but trying to meet up with him in game is impossible. because we live, work and play different hours. Come on guys at least give us and update or pretend that you're working on it. Also, both of us can send him mail but we don't exist. FYI none of us have spaces in our name(s)
  • snickerdoodle
    snickerdoodle
    Soul Shriven
    I'm starting to wonder if one's XBL privacy settings are causing the mail issues? I know I have my settings tweaked a bit and my GT apparently "doesn't exist" for my friends. But I can totally send mail to others, no problem.

I'm not necessarily willing to reset my settings to default to test it though. Mostly because I like how it's set up now and I don't remember those settings exactly...
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • WhiteKnight019
    WhiteKnight019
    Soul Shriven
    So tried the "Temporary Fix" and it works, but then it "fixes" itself the next day and doesn't work anymore. I can stills end my wife mail (eventhough she has spaces in her name) but she cannot send me mail (I have no spaces in my name). So I don't understand this. There would have to be some coding mishap for this issue. Probably how the server reads the names. But I have noticed that usually when someone has more than one character on their gamertag that is usually when you cannot send mail. Because my wife could send me mail before I started a second character, but as soon as I started a second Mule character it locked her out of sending mail to me. The only fix has been the temporary fix. I can still send mail to her eventhough she has spaces in her name and no second character.
    Platform: Xbox NA
    Gamertag: WhiteKnight019

Factions:
    Ebonheart Pact - Saria Lore
    Dominion - Xerni'a

Guilds:
    Currently looking for a guild to buy and trade items in
  • McJeubert
    McJeubert
    Soul Shriven
    ...it's coming down to requiring a ZOS to look into this issue as everything said now is just speculation.

Is there a ZOS here looking at this thread that can at least comment a developer is looking into this issue? Or any comment from a ZOS would be nice! What is your favorite color?!
  • dirt_jump
    dirt_jump
    Soul Shriven
    Temporary fix worked for me...but only for a day. But it beats not being able to send mail. Plus only one of my friends can't receive mail, and up until recently got kicked 10x more than anyone else. I think it has to do with people's internet connection. (My friend is also a computer nut and has made sure his nat is open and runs 125 Mbps down and 11 up, while I run a tiny 15mbps and 2 Mbps upload and have never had problems getting kicked or mail from day one)

• TH3B3ARJ00
    Also having this exact issue, sent in-game and forum trouble tickets in, have gotten no response whatsoever.

Thanks Devs, you pulled on of my posts for naming and shaming a guildbank thief withing hours of it being posted, but I have had a ticket in for this for a week and have gotten 0 response. You guys are just SO great.
  • Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    Stop deleting your friends thats a poor work around. Do this. From the social menu (I usually go through guild roster), go to gamercard of the person you can't send mail to first. Back out, select them again, select send mail, then go about your business.

This WILL reset itself with each login and require you to go to gamercard at least once per new session but it works for me like a champ. It takes about 6 seconds. Have your friends do that for whoever can't send to you.

EDIT: This is how I do it on xbox one. I am not sure what PS4 people can do or if there is an equivalent to "gamer card" in the options when you select the person from the social menu.
    Edited by Ratbert on July 13, 2015 9:48PM
  • Lallywp77
    Lallywp77
    Soul Shriven
    Any fix for this yet?
  • McJeubert
    McJeubert
    Soul Shriven
    Very nice @Ratbert ... View gamer card first, back out and send mail. Much faster than other method, but still not a fix from game developers. It's sad they can't resolve this issue though it seems like an easy issue to fix. Then again, they'd prolly prefer to fix crown store issues so they can get more money from us! Good business plan, bad customer support...