The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Post Release Console Poll: Do you want text chatting added?

Zazaaji
Zazaaji
✭✭✭✭
Now that everyone has had a chance to try it out, let's see what the people think.
Please note: The already-in voice chat will NOT be removed or altered. This poll is about nothing but adding text chat.

As I want as many votes as possible and don't want this to get closed, PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS WITH PERSONAL ATTACKS OR INSULTS OF ANY KIND. If someone lobs a personal attack at you, click the post and click Report. I've already done that, and the mods removed it fast.

However, as I want this thread to be constantly bumped to get as many votes as possible, please just vote and state what your vote, or debate with no insulting whatsoever.
-
Edited by Zazaaji on June 10, 2015 12:46AM
English is not my first language, Finnish is.
Please don't heap on me for grammar problems.

Post Release Console Poll: Do you want text chatting added? 309 votes

Yes, it should be a priority to add it ASAP.
63%
cozmon3c_ESOZazaajitallennfallensbane_ESOaeonblues_ESONaivefanboiMisterBigglesworthjustsimon_ESOKaprielSauBouvinParadoxchumba418Dcaliberfalurnefulgerb14_ESOMirra_Halfelvenfusionyugib14_ESOGrim1216loupokamib14_ESOBigM 195 votes
Yes, but not an urgency.
13%
Orontoskalroyb14_ESOdwr_ESOKanedaSyndromeRuthvenPoseidonEvilKorah_EaglecryJarekReanimatedElsonsogunplummerKeriokoLegolessJeraziahJakeolLothrinSaturn64Emma_OverloadFlattedfifthfiercechief101lsneakl 41 votes
No, leave text chat out.
23%
Neriopasmith_ESOcruebrew_ESOThymosRook_MasterMissionmichaelb14a_ESO2Cupp21coryevans_3b14_ESOdefcon.dealer1b14_ESOJandoStaticWaxmdziurWalkyier70traigusb14_ESO2TaonnorWodwogranty2008cyb16_ESOThe_SpAwNDotAwkward 73 votes
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    Yay! This again!
    I wish nothing but joy for everyone.
  • Dahkoht
    Dahkoht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes , options are good.

You don't want to use keyboard and text then don't , if they put it in no one's forcing you too.

I don't use many add-ons (pchat only for better text chat) on the PC side but am glad they allow them for those who want them.

Why some people want to force their way , their way only , and bash the idea of options for players I never will get.
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    StaticWax wrote: »
    Yay! This again!

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

I'm offended that ur offended....

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahkoht wrote: »
    Yes , options are good.

You don't want to use keyboard and text then don't , if they put it in no one's forcing you too.

I don't use many add-ons (pchat only for better text chat) on the PC side but am glad they allow them for those who want them.

Why some people want to force their way , their way only , and bash the idea of options for players I never will get.

Most of the "NO" votes are PC haters mad that they paid to beta test the console version.
    Even though I was one of them ;/

So you cannot blame them for throwing salt at the console community :)
    Edited by Funkopotamus on June 9, 2015 11:08PM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    lol, most of the no votes come from ppl who have a choice to text on pc or vc on console...and chose the version that would best suit their needs.

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Nevermind.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on June 9, 2015 11:27PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on June 9, 2015 11:27PM
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    It would definitely not be a priority, and it wouldn't affect my gameplay, so I'm neutral as to whether it will be in or out.
    It'd be an optional feature, completely unaffecting voice chat. Might as well vote "Yes, but not an urgency." in your case, it seems to fit.

I think he might as well vote "No" because it's a more honest reflection of his answer.

Go ahead dude, vote "No". :D
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    Touche, Staticwax.

Anyway, seeing as these text-chat threads usually get closed due to rampant insulting/spamming/trolling/etc, I added the part of not arguing. People have their opinions, let them have them. Do not try to change their minds, just post what you think on the issue and do not argue with anyone. I edited out my arguing against you @StaticWax

This is to hopefully prevent the thread from being closed.
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on June 9, 2015 11:32PM
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    It would definitely not be a priority, and it wouldn't affect my gameplay, so I'm neutral as to whether it will be in or out.
    It'd be an optional feature, completely unaffecting voice chat. Might as well vote "Yes, but not an urgency." in your case, it seems to fit.

I think he might as well vote "No" because it's a more honest reflection of his answer.

Go ahead dude, vote "No". :D

Rock the vote bud!!

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • StaticWax
    StaticWax
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    @Zazaaji

No worries, mate. You're probably the only person I've seen post about this with a legit concern. We just disagree.
  • defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    defcon.dealer1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    -

That's the spirit bud! Grab a mic and hav sum fun :)
    Edited by defcon.dealer1b14_ESO on June 9, 2015 11:43PM

PC NA
    PSN NA
  • aeonblues_ESO
    aeonblues_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Text chat would be great for guild recruitment. Voice chat is great in party but is kind of annoying in town
    Edited by aeonblues_ESO on June 9, 2015 11:35PM
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going by the amount of times area chat and group chat have bugged out while playing this evening I'd say yes to having text chat to fall back on.
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    Im not playing console but if I were , I can't imagine playing without it! There may be some
    who love not having it but I think the facts stands if you don't like it you would have an option to
    turn it off. But the people really wanting it have no option to turn it on. So your argument against
    having it is really not valid. Why cant the people that want it get it?
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    Yay! This again!

More console threads please.
  • ZOS_Racheal
    ZOS_Racheal
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings Everyone,

We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tiveria wrote: »
    Im not playing console but if I were , I can't imagine playing without it! There may be some
    who love not having it but I think the facts stands if you don't like it you would have an option to
    turn it off. But the people really wanting it have no option to turn it on. So your argument against

Because it is an MMO. and everyone knows that MMOs cannot be played on consoles you silly man.. Oh no you need to be able to drop 2k+ on a rig to be able to play an mmo.. Unless you want to NOT get the full MMO experience "chat box" !

You have to understand the root of the "NO" vote to understand why they are voting no.

Now if ZOS announced no chat box for ESO PC we would have seen kittens being sent ZOS corp. office in flaming boxes. But console? Nah
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    No the game does not need text chat.I admit they need to add a way to tell your faction that a keep is under attack,other then that text chat is not needed.If you want text chat play PC or just stop complaining and enjoy the game.
    Edited by Jaronking on June 9, 2015 11:54PM
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings Everyone,

We understand that people are going to disagree from time to time, but please remember to keep your comments respectful at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others. Insults or other disruptive behavior do not help further discussion and can move a thread off topic quickly. We encourage sharing opinions, but we ask that they are constructively stated when doing so, as this will help keep the discussion on track. Thanks!

Can we get a non pre typed out msg please? I see no flaming really!

• coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    Greetings Everyone,

Can we get a non pre typed out msg please? I see no flaming really!

No need to be snarky with the moderators. :smile: There are rules.
    Edited by coryevans_3b14_ESO on June 9, 2015 11:59PM
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭

Because it is an MMO. and everyone knows that MMOs cannot be played on consoles you silly man.. Oh no you need to be able to drop 2k+ on a rig to be able to play an mmo.. Unless you want to NOT get the full MMO experience "chat box" !

You have to understand the root of the "NO" vote to understand why they are voting no.

Now if ZOS announced no chat box for ESO PC we would have seen kittens being sent ZOS corp. office in flaming boxes. But console? Nah

Ok read my post please, I don't even play console heck I barley log into the pc client, the forums are more entertainment atm .

What I'm saying is if you don't want a chat box that's fine but what about the people that do? It's like the addon debate , well I play without them everyone else should to? Give me a reason , a good one that is going to hinder your gameplay if some people have it and you have it turned off, I bet you cant?

It dosnt really matter it isnt going to happen soon if ever but you thinking is very flawed!

• Zusia211
    Zusia211
    ✭✭✭
    They should cause makes talking with friend on there easier if no mic. Or just looking for people to do something with.
    PSN: blinkgirl211 - if try adding me send message first cause lots of random people always tries to add me...
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    S

Ok read my post please, I don't even play console heck I barley log into the pc client, the forums are more entertainment atm .

What I'm saying is if you don't want a chat box that's fine but what about the people that do? It's like the addon debate , well I play without them everyone else should to? Give me a reason , a good one that is going to hinder your gameplay if some people have it and you have it turned off, I bet you cant?

It dosnt really matter it isnt going to happen soon if ever but you thinking is very flawed!

Whoa! Brutha Slow down you are spitting on my screen wit dat rage...
    Please REREAD my vote!

I voted yes you vicious animal lol!

Somebody get me a Tranq gun and put the mad man down!
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    No the game does not need text chat.I admit they need to add a way to tell your faction that a keep is under attack,other then that text chat is not needed.If you want text chat play PC or just stop complaining and enjoy the game.

Please give a good reason as to why to leave it out? What if you did not want it turned on and you could toggle it off?

• coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, leave text chat out.
    S

Please REREAD my vote!

You're reading rage into what he typed in his post.
  • Tiveria
    Tiveria
    ✭✭✭
    S

Please REREAD my vote!

I'm just debating the point I could care less lol you think I'm raging? I just find it funny that alot of people don't
    want it but a lot do!

• PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but not an urgency.
    NO text chat. just a trade thread for consoles lol :P
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • Zazaaji
    Zazaaji
    ✭✭✭✭
    A moderator has already deleted I think 3 pure personal attack posts that I have noticed.
    PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS WITH PERSONAL ATTACKS/INSULTS.
    To get the most votes possible, this thread can't get closed for flaming/insulting others. To keep this thread bumped, just say something that isn't argumentative. If the poll falls to page to, you can simply say "bump".
    -
    Edited by Zazaaji on June 10, 2015 12:30AM
This discussion has been closed.