The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Console Demo on ESO Live, 6/4/15

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hey there, everyone!

Next Thursday, June 4th at 4:00PM EDT, we’ll be hosting our next bi-weekly Twitch show, ESO Live. During that show, we’ll be joined by Console Executive Producer Erich Waas, and doing a live demo of console gameplay (including showing off the Quick Chat system). Post below and tell us what else you’d like to see during our console demo! Also, if you have any questions for Erich about console or would like something clarified, you’re welcome to post those as well and we’ll answer as many as we can.

We look forward to seeing you on Twitch next week!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On ps4 or Xbox One?
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll be playing on PS4, but can certainly speak to Xbox One as well.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Officially endorsing PS4, eh? ;)
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1080p 30fps confirmed?
    ▬ஜ Seeds of War, Piles of Skulls ஜ▬
    ▬▬▬ஜ twitch.tv/uberkull ஜ▬▬▬
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll be playing on PS4, but can certainly speak to Xbox One as well.

You just made my night thank you Gina. :)

Mmm how to watch while working :D

Mmmmmm
    Edited by Heromofo on May 29, 2015 4:42PM
    Options
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post below and tell us what else you’d like to see during our console demo!

A Cyrodiil battle with 200+ players on screen, if you'd be so kind.

Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    based on continuous threads, maybe it helps to show the following:

-The radial text chat
    -the social UI around how to turn on/off any chat, ignore, mute, the ease to msg a user via the console
    -how a sorc controls their pet
    -grouping tools
    -guild interfaces and social options for guilds
    -party social options
    -***How the ESO Plus is purchased and how its canceled on each console***
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, now. Self-incrimination needs to wait until after launch. >:)
    Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. And how you communicate across Cyrodiil to announce attacks to other players.

Options
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Communication: Please demo this...
    How to talk to people across a zone?
    How to link items in chat?
    How to advertise your guild to get people to join? (without leaving the game)
    How to find trade guilds to join? (without leaving the game)
    How new people playing the game ask questions about something they need to figure out?
    How to tell someone their mic isn't working?
    How to communicate if you are deaf?
    How to communicate if you have a heavy accent, or are uncomfortable about your voice?
    How do you determine who is talking in a group of 12 people, 24 people, 50 people, 500 people?
    How do you communicate if you can't talk cause you don't want to wake the house?
    How do you figure out who is the annoying person on the mic so you can mute or ignore them?

Edited by Uberkull on May 29, 2015 5:07PM
    Options
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely the trade/guild store system. Also, how players equip armor/items (is there gear preview on consoles?).
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, everyone!

Next Thursday, June 4th at 4:00PM EDT, we’ll be hosting our next bi-weekly Twitch show, ESO Live. During that show, we’ll be joined by Console Executive Producer Erich Waas, and doing a live demo of console gameplay (including showing off the Quick Chat system). Post below and tell us what else you’d like to see during our console demo! Also, if you have any questions for Erich about console or would like something clarified, you’re welcome to post those as well and we’ll answer as many as we can.

We look forward to seeing you on Twitch next week!

@ZOS_GinaBruno ... it is sad that today is the first day that most people have ever heard of Console Executive Producer Erich Waas.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.
    This will decide my buying
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this ESO Live still consist of all the regular section (Life at ZOS, Q&A, events etc.) or will it solely be focused on the console demo, and console specific questions?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We'd love to show this off, but just to set expectations, we are going to be playing on one of our internal servers and will only have a couple devs available.

MissBizz wrote: »
    Will this ESO Live still consist of all the regular section (Life at ZOS, Q&A, events etc.) or will it solely be focused on the console demo, and console specific questions?
    It'll still be a full show with all the regular segments!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Uberkull
    Uberkull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We'd love to show this off, but just to set expectations, we are going to be playing on one of our internal servers and will only have a couple devs

So how did you even test this with no console beta stress test? Tell me you didn't rely on internal performance testing in a controlled environment.

Maybe you have a room full of 200 Xbox Ones and PS4s, all connected to a 1mb up and 5mb down connection. /sarcasm
    Options
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We'd love to show this off, but just to set expectations, we are going to be playing on one of our internal servers and will only have a couple devs available.
    It'll still be a full show with all the regular segments!

Yes. I'm sure you would. /Sarcasm

Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »

We'd love to show this off, but just to set expectations, we are going to be playing on one of our internal servers and will only have a couple devs

So how did you even test this with no console beta stress test? Tell me you didn't rely on internal performance testing in a controlled environment.

Maybe you have a room full of 200 Xbox Ones and PS4s, all connected to a 1mb up and 5mb down connection. /sarcasm

Don't worry. Day1 will be glorious. :)
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the next Tuesday June 9th, it will get its first ever stress test.
    Options
  • Aldarenn
    Aldarenn
    ✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »

Everyday is a stress test in PvP.

*Walks into a fight outside keep, ping over 999+*
    Templar - Noel Kreiss - DC
    Dragonknight - Formerly known as Brother Martin now Lunafreya Nox Fleuret - DC
    Dragonknight - Snow Villiers - EP
    Sorcerer - Formerly known as The Last Dragonborn now Arata Sanada - EP
    Nightblade - Yuugo Kamishiro - EP
    Templar - Yuuko Kamishiro - EP
    Sorcerer - Ravus Nox Fleuret - EP
    Templar - Hirose Kouta - EP
    PC NA

Imperator Rebelliun
    Nexus

揃ったw
    お!
    ふぁいと!
    Zaxon
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldarenn wrote: »

Glenumbra NA made a new char before transfer it took 8 Mississippis to go from pressing h to mounting.

Im Aussie on Cable net soooooo this is not a good sign for Aussies atm.

Edit: about 50 minutes ago as well.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 29, 2015 8:54PM
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heromofo wrote: »

Glenumbra NA made a new char before transfer it took 8 Mississippis to go from pressing h to mounting.

Don't worry, @heromofo . I got the memes all loaded up for console launch day:

tumblr_mmr1wfKCBd1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nastuug wrote: »

Good to see your ready :D buuuut i am actually really worried i logged onto eso to make sure my mail was sorted for it and made a new character. Remember i only came back because of the transfer its been a long time since i have played.

Sooo 8 Mississippis just to mount in the starting area off peak time now has me worried.
    I talked alot of people into giving eso another chance with the transfer i really hope the console lag is not as bad as what the pc is going through atm. :(

Edit: Sorry pc people did not know how bad the lag actually was especially since last year i dont remember it ever been this bad. I will definitely make sure to write something up for the lag problem mmm no wonder there are so many threads on it.. ...
    Edited by Heromofo on May 29, 2015 9:04PM
    Options
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    uberkull wrote: »
    Communication: Please demo this...
    How to talk to people across a zone?
    How to link items in chat?
    How to advertise your guild to get people to join? (without leaving the game)
    How to find trade guilds to join? (without leaving the game)
    How new people playing the game ask questions about something they need to figure out?
    How to tell someone their mic isn't working?
    How to communicate if you are deaf?
    How to communicate if you have a heavy accent, or are uncomfortable about your voice?
    How do you determine who is talking in a group of 12 people, 24 people, 50 people, 500 people?
    How do you communicate if you can't talk cause you don't want to wake the house?
    How do you figure out who is the annoying person on the mic so you can mute or ignore them?

Well, what you propose to those without a keyboard, doing all the above (without having to buy a keyboard)

Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to see your ready :D buuuut i am actually really worried i logged onto eso to make sure my mail was sorted for it and made a new character. Remember i only came back because of the transfer its been a long time since i have played.

Sooo 8 Mississippis just to mount in the starting area off peak time now has me worried.
    I talked alot of people into giving eso another chance with the transfer i really hope the console lag is not as bad as what the pc is going through atm. :(

Gonna have lots of popcorn and Mountain Dew on standby. I hope your Aussie faith in ZOS is stronk. :)
    Options
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gonna have lots of popcorn and Mountain Dew on standby. I hope your Aussie faith in ZOS is stronk. :)

It is still strong but just really shaken atm after logging in because xfer is in 2 days srsly had no idea how bad it was for pc players atm.

All focus after console launch needs to be directed straight at the lag problem for pc.
    Edited by Heromofo on May 29, 2015 9:07PM
    Options
  • ChuChuMouse
    A few of questions here

Will console players be able to redeem the pets that come with certain ESO related products, like the mudcrab and guar plush?

While I think this may be unlikely, will console players have an opportunity to get the items offered through the loyalty program? Possibly for being an ESO Plus subscriber for X amount of days.

Will console and PC servers have maintenance on the same day?

Will ESO Plus subscriptions be sold through the console's online store or would that be handled through the ESO website?
    Options
  • gunplummer
    gunplummer
    ✭✭✭
    When can we start the preload for those of us that elected to transfer our accounts. Codes maybe?

Do i need to create a 2nd account or will it be run as a separate sub off my existing one. Might be nice to have it in place before consoles go live.

Will items currently being researched be refunded, lost to the void, or like it never happened? Other?

Final Question
    If a guar caravan is leaving Bleakrock Isle @ 3:10pm going 2 mph and a 2nd guar caravan is leaving Khenarthi's Roost @ 2:30am going 5 mph when will they met?

Answer: Never Bleakrock Isle and Khenarthi's Roost are both islands and guar can't swim.

Sorry its Friday, this meeting is boring so i'm checking out the boards to pass the time.
    Options
  • Hawk269
    Hawk269
    ✭✭✭
    Will you reveal the final resolution and frame rate for each version?

I own both systems, so not being a console warrior, but any reason why you are not showing both versions of the game?

Can you discuss the differences in both versions, if any?

Can you discuss what improvements have been made to the game that you learned from the beta program?

We heard of a 15gb day one patch, is this just fixes or content that did not fit on the physical disk?

Options
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gunplummer wrote: »
    When can we start the preload for those of us that elected to transfer our accounts. Codes maybe?

Do i need to create a 2nd account or will it be run as a separate sub off my existing one. Might be nice to have it in place before consoles go live.

Will items currently being researched be refunded, lost to the void, or like it never happened? Other?

Final Question
    If a guar caravan is leaving Bleakrock Isle @ 3:10pm going 2 mph and a 2nd guar caravan is leaving Khenarthi's Roost @ 2:30am going 5 mph when will they met?

Answer: Never Bleakrock Isle and Khenarthi's Roost are both islands and guar can't swim.

Sorry its Friday, this meeting is boring so i'm checking out the boards to pass the time.

Have you gotten the email we are getting the code next week to copy our account to console.
    Options