Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Would Be Awesome To Have Both Weapons Shows At Once...Adds to the Immersion

Vaerth
Vaerth
✭✭✭✭
skyrim___breton_knight_final_by_newermind43-d82xcd5.jpg
Edited by Vaerth on May 7, 2015 12:34PM
Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be pretty cool :)
    Edited by Vaerth on May 7, 2015 12:34PM
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    yess... would also be cool if the weapon didn't disappear when you mount :)
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robotmafia wrote: »

Addon called Show Weapons While Mounted sorts that:}
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Praxxos
    Praxxos
    ✭✭✭✭
    would be nice indded but...you know...the weapons clipping through eacht other/armor police is already in the starting position
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Instead of showing both weapons, I'd rather see a fix that makes the visuals in place look better.. like fix that the daggers float over my thigh plates, that my 2h eeapon is glued to my back without fixture
  • Heromofo
    Heromofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it would but even better having tonnes of armor like the one in the picture lol
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an absolutely wonderful thread about that here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/153121/idea-scabbards-visual-equipment
    Greetings, ESO community and ZOS team!

A while back I suggested scabbards and visual equipment in this thread here about "Things we miss from past Elder Scrolls games". Some people really liked the suggestion and I promised I'd make a full thread on the matter! Well, here I am.

The objective of this thread is to suggest the addition of cosmetic scabbards (weapon sheaths) and the possibility to see both our weapon sets on our characters models. So let's go on with it!

SCABBARDS

PURPOSE & REASON
    Scabbards have always been a part of the more gritty and realistic feel the Elder Scrolls games aimed for. It adds not only realism but also depth to customization and they look really cool. We would have more options to make our characters look like we wish and we would also lead ESO further away from average MMO models that have unsheated weapons hanging from belts by adding this Elder Scrolls unique flavor to the game.

Though they are not really present in Morrowind due to technical limitations, they've been around Arena and Daggerfall and made they return on Oblivion and Skyrim:

Oblivion2009-05-2021-02-21-86.jpg

8943-2-1343324691.jpg

WHAT ZOS GETS
    Well, scabbards are COSMETIC ADDITIONS to the game. Might sound a bit of work for something that is not really useful, right? Well, not really. Small improvements and additions like this are always well received by the community and make the game more unique... Also, as I said - COSMETIC additions... This means ZOS could even get a bit of extra income by selling some custom designed and unique sheaths for your weapons in the Crown Store! More things to sell and that won't alter the game balance - way to go for a store, ZOS ;)

VISUAL EQUIPMENT

PURPOSE & REASON
    It has always bothered me that when the enemy gets too close and I sheath my bow before drawing steel, my bow and quiver simply... disappear! It would be amazing to be able to see BOTH sets equipped by our characters simultaneously. There are both visual and gameplay benefits in this one. Visually, well, it's simply nicer to see your gear - and if scabbards were ever added, it would be even cooler to have both sets showing at the same time. As for gameplay, you'd be able to recognize threats in PVP, something similar to the different staff animations that will allow people to identify the staff type. The only issue this could bring is not knowing which set is currently equipped when your weapons are sheated, but I'm sure some small icon or visual cue could solve the problem. Optionally, a "Toggle visual equipment" could be added to the menu, allowing people to show or hide their secondary set as they please.

WHAT ZOS GETS
    If we ever get Shield Dyes (as it was mentioned) or even the scabbards suggested here, having both sets on display would encourage people to show off cosmetic stuff even more. So not a big encouragement as the Scabbards themselves but still something cool, unique and that would please a lot of players for bringing the game even closer to the original TES games. (Your quiver is always on display, in Skyrim and Oblivion, for example)

HOW COULD IT WORK
    I've spent some time figuring out how could the visual equipment work without glitches/clipping. I've come up with a solution that looks cool for most cases (except when using two sets of One Handed + Shiel, I guess) and it also gives us a bit more of control over character customization and looks.

The idea is: Weapons will be placed on your body differently according to their equipment set slot. Let's call both set slots "Slot 1" (initial one) and "Slot 2" (the lower one; the one you unlock upon reaching level 15)
    The same weapon type would look differently when equipped on Slot 1 or Slot 2. For example: A Bow equipped on Slot 1 would have the quiver on your back and a bow equipped on Slot 2 would have the quiver on your belt. This would not only allow deeper customization (Some would like the quiver on the back, some on the belt, just swap the equipment as you please) but it would also solve the problem of clipping. I've come with a concept for all 25 possible combinations of weapons that show how would each type behave with each other type on each slot.

The full range of combinations can be seen on this big table I've created (you'll probably need to enlarge it by clicking HERE):

ZCGeRsn.jpg

But you can also check out each combination on this IMGUR ALBUM

Of course, this is just an idea. But I've worked on it to show that IT IS possible and it looks cool. I'm sure ZOS can come up with better ideas for the shields, for example, so I'll just toss the ball to you :smiley:

So, these are my ideas for some small, mostly cosmetic improvements that could add A LOT to the game experience. They're not big, deep systems like Housing or new weapon types (which I would also like to see one day, sure), but I think they're reasonably realistic in terms of effort and benefits.

So, what do you guys think? If you like the idea (or have anything to say or add), please do. The more buzz threads generate, the more likely Devs will get to see them :wink:

- DaniAngione

Edited by Gidorick on May 7, 2015 1:54PM
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love the idea as well, just add one thing, toggle ability, since not all weapons will look great with both showing, ill hate having my restro and destro staff showing at the same time :)
  • Shinon
    Shinon
    ✭✭
    nice idea, i just wonder how i'll look then with 2 x shield and 2 x 1-h sword.
    Alpträume existieren außerhalb der Logik. Es bringt wenig sie erklären zu wollen. Sie sind die Antithese der Poesie der Angst. In Horrorgeschichten fragt das Opfer immer nach dem warum. Aber es gibt keine Erklärung und es sollte auch keine geben.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shinon wrote: »
    nice idea, i just wonder how i'll look then with 2 x shield and 2 x 1-h sword.

hehe

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Showing both weapons? Yes!
    Even while mounted? Yes, yes!
    Maybe even with actual Sheaths to hold your blades? YES!!!
    ;)
  • Shinon
    Shinon
    ✭✭
    Showing both weapons? Yes!
    Even while mounted? Yes, yes!
    Maybe even with actual Sheaths to hold your blades? YES!!!
    ;)

nope.nope.nope.nope!

look how stupid this would look with 2 swords and shields... and no, it's not because of my painting skills!

xg5wc2xr.jpg
    Alpträume existieren außerhalb der Logik. Es bringt wenig sie erklären zu wollen. Sie sind die Antithese der Poesie der Angst. In Horrorgeschichten fragt das Opfer immer nach dem warum. Aber es gibt keine Erklärung und es sollte auch keine geben.
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah a lot of combinations would look idiotic, and I'm not even sure this would add a lot of "cool" factor to the ones that wouldn't. Not worth it IMO.
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot see either stowed weapon in 1st person, so it is hardly immersion breaking. At least, not any more immersion breaking than being in 3rd person. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

oh nice.. but still some things we shouldn't need an addon for.. just think of those poor console players hahaha ;)
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • maryriv
    maryriv
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be AWESOME to have ladders that you could shoot from crossbows onto keeps like we were promised in the theatrical too, gl with that.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's also a request to put cloaks and capes in-game, and I like cloak.

And I like this idea too.

BUT I do not want both.

August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭

I forgot that, and really dislike that my weapon just is "gone" as well. Who at ZoS thought this was a good idea I wonder?
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    There's also a request to put cloaks and capes in-game, and I like cloak.

And I like this idea too.

BUT I do not want both.

What??? Only statues and paints in the ESO game world have cloaks/capes. Which I guess is odd, when I see Altmer statues with capes I figured it was just make believe, but NO one in the ESO world has one. Like they never existed! lmfao!
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Lifsteinn
    Lifsteinn
    ✭✭✭
    +1 Awesome!
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you die you shouldn't respawn - you should be dead forever because immersion.

Also, using the bank you should be able to get interest on your gold, take out loans and amass huge amounts of debt, taking out loans to pay of your loans from the Thieves Refuge places - only to have a night with Breaks-all-fingers when you can't pay back what you owe to them.

Immersion is serious, no more half-measures so let's do the whole thing.
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying to visualize my NB with her daggers and staff showing at the same time. Or my DKs and my Templar with S+B and staff.

I'm not sure I like the idea.
    The Moot Councillor
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

oh nice.. but still some things we shouldn't need an addon for.. just think of those poor console players hahaha ;)

You are welcome good sir, but I agree with you, some things like scabbards or w/e should already be in vanilla game.

And lol at the console players:D

Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

• Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've suggested this before so I'm all for it.

For those worried about weird combinations, they can easily add a hide weapon set option.
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    likely not be possible at all, thanks to the way the game is coded.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaerth wrote: »

I forgot that, and really dislike that my weapon just is "gone" as well. Who at ZoS thought this was a good idea I wonder?

the guy in charge of performance.

drawing all those extra pixels of weapons costs resources... PLUS mechanics on weapons stacking or clipping with other objects... all need resources, both human (dev) or tech (network, CPU, etc.)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lokryn wrote: »
    I've suggested this before so I'm all for it.

For those worried about weird combinations, they can easily add a hide weapon set option.

They will rag anyway, half the forums is people just here to say "NO!" to anything they are not wanting, even if it would not affect them at all, they just whine to whine lol.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I'm trying to visualize my NB with her daggers and staff showing at the same time. Or my DKs and my Templar with S+B and staff.

I'm not sure I like the idea.

Then have a hide weapons option, like the hide helmet option. Very simple way to resolve any issues.

BTW: daggers on hip with a staff on back would be sick, IMO.
    Pact Bloodwraith
  • Vaerth
    Vaerth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    When you die you shouldn't respawn - you should be dead forever because immersion.

Also, using the bank you should be able to get interest on your gold, take out loans and amass huge amounts of debt, taking out loans to pay of your loans from the Thieves Refuge places - only to have a night with Breaks-all-fingers when you can't pay back what you owe to them.

Immersion is serious, no more half-measures so let's do the whole thing.

Agreed! We are not all soulless husks with ways to rez anyway. I mean why carry a soul gem is not to rez?

Think harder next post :)
    Pact Bloodwraith