The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Separation instance for subscribers

Betahkiin
Betahkiin
✭✭✭✭
Given recent performance problems, it occurred to me the following.

Perhaps it would be possible to ZOS can configure their servers so they can manage separate instances of play where they can guarantee the quality of service who pay monthly subscription.

Instance 1: Designated subscribers only (guaranteeing priority access, priority maintenance and upgrades, server stability and priority customer service assistance in game).

Instance 2: Designated to non-subscribers (considering you do not pay for the service, good luck).
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they could put boosters in there that give people who pay an advantage in winning. That sounds like a great idea! We can even use the acronym P2W. Yay!
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't noticed any performance issues caused by extra players in my instances. Is this yet another one of these segregation threads meant to punish free players?
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did not manage to give subscribers that kind of service during the first eleven months after release. What makes you think they could do it now, with far less subscribers and as serious problems as ever before? Whenever (if ever) they find a fix, just let everyone benefit from it, subscriber or not.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This again. No thank you.
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh goody! Another lets separate the playerbase because I'm more important thread.
  • vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is really bad idea without global auction house.
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I haven't noticed any performance issues caused by extra players in my instances. Is this yet another one of these segregation threads meant to punish free players?
    They did not manage to give subscribers that kind of service during the first eleven months after release. What makes you think they could do it now, with far less subscribers and as serious problems as ever before? Whenever (if ever) they find a fix, just let everyone benefit from it, subscriber or not.
    Kalfis wrote: »
    Oh goody! Another lets separate the playerbase because I'm more important thread.

Prejudge, you love it.

No, it is not segregate.

And yes, the problem is long overdue.

It is investing resources to ensure quality service for suscriber payers.

Without this supposed special people who pay, free play not exist for anyone, is a fact.

So if, if there is a possibility of a server optimization with the current and limited technology to ensure quality Connection of those who pay monthly subscription, I love her.
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is already multiple instances in the servers.

If one instance is too crowded (due to stability, materials, questing area) players will be put into another instance to reduce those problems.
    ~Thallen~
  • BigM
    BigM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha NO!
    “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is already multiple instances in the servers.

If one instance is too crowded (due to stability, materials, questing area) players will be put into another instance to reduce those problems.

Yes, but these multiple instances could be contained in a separate segment of the server to those who do not pay guaranteeing performance and quality of service.
    BigM wrote: »
    Aha NO!

The forum is for that express the personal opinion without discrediting others or fall into ridicule. :)
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    No performance issues at all, maybe you should stop subing yourself and upgrade your 50 year old pc instead :P Geting beter internet connection might help aswell.
  • theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    I want to separate sub players from non-sub players so that one gets better service, but its not a segregation. At least Jim Crow laws had the façade of "separate but equal."
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cough *elitist* cough
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm opposed to this idea, it just feels wrong to separate paying from non paying players.
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    No performance issues at all, maybe you should stop subing yourself and upgrade your 50 year old pc instead :P Geting beter internet connection might help aswell.

Sorry, sorry to contradict you but I have a computer that exceeds the recommended requirements.

Sorry, sorry to contradict you but my internet connection allows me to share PvP instances with 200 simultaneous players in other MMORPG without any kind of inconvenience.
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Betahkiin NO!

You're not special simply because you CHOOSE to pay a sub. .. nor am I.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 24, 2015 5:19PM
  • DominusPax
    DominusPax
    ✭✭
    I haven't noticed any issues with connection. I do however have an issue with the OP's tone.
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to separate sub players from non-sub players so that one gets better service, but its not a segregation. At least Jim Crow laws had the façade of "separate but equal."

The concept of segregation in a private service that requires financing is wrong.

Maybe it's time you learned when you can use a word and when do not and stop prejudging others for your failure.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Segregation is exactly what you seem to be suggesting @Betakhin. As I said earlier, I'm opposed to it.
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    @Betahkiin NO!

Private service.

Business.

Inversion of money.

No, I'm not special or better person, I clarify, I'm just part of who enable users to use a service without paying.

I am who invests in a private business.

I am not a better person, my ideas are not better than others, I'm not special.
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    Segregation is exactly what you seem to be suggesting @Betakhin. As I said earlier, I'm opposed to it.

Segregation in a private business that requires funding and where nobody is forced to participate ...

No, it is not correct to use that word, sorry.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Betahkiin wrote: »
    You are not an investor, you're a customer.
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would undermine whole P2W concept of Tamriel Unlimited. If you were separated from lesser people in premium instance, you would in theory still have all (paid for) advantages over them and even a few more on top of it (priority access etc.), but you could not compare directly with them; you would not be able to percieve your advantages and therefore they would be as though nonexistant. Credit card warriors would be unhappy, demotivated to spend their dollars/euros, and ZOS would be then unhappy too.
  • theweakminded
    theweakminded
    ✭✭✭
    You do not have to say you think you are better than others, the way you speak and the words you use say that perfectly clearly.

Private service that the company made available sub-free.
    Non-sub users paid for the game and often buy from cash shops. (sorry to burst your bubble but that means they pay too. Often more than sub players like yourself.

Your point is pretty easy to summarize so I will do it so that you can see what you are saying through the eyes of the people telling you this idea is stupid.
    Sub players are better than non sub because they pay a sub.
    ZOS making the game sub-free should mean sub players get better servers/treatment.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely not.

I subbed this game for 6 months. Came back recently and play unsubbed. However, I still bought a pack of crowns to use in the shop. Should I then be segregated out, even though I've still supported the game? No.

I hate this elitist attitude in gaming.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betahkiin wrote: »
    Kragorn wrote: »
    @Betahkiin NO!

Private service.

Business.

Inversion of money.

No, I'm not special or better person, I clarify, I'm just part of who enable users to use a service without paying.

I am not a better person, my ideas are not better than others, I'm not special.
    So stop asking for special treatment. It's your CHOICE to pay.

I love some folks sense of entitlement.
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have already been several threads about this months ago, so I am not sure for how long you have subbed but if you have been around for any length of time let alone actually used a search feature, you would know throwing out this topic again just creates a lot of negativity on the forums.
    Edited by Soulshine on March 24, 2015 5:39PM
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Initially when only those paying monthly subscription could play, ZOS was elitist and segregating users?

They are saying that any private company that benefits those who invests more money and give them priority is elitist and are segregating customers?
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with both @AlienSlof and @soulshine. @Betahkin it really doesn't matter where segregation happens whether it's public property or private property when you are separating two or more groups of people it is segregation. It does lead to lots of negativity.
  • Betahkiin
    Betahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »
    There have already been several threads about this months ago, so I am not sure for how long you have subbed but if you have been around for any length of time let alone actually used a search feature, you would know throwing out this topic again just creates a lot of negativity on the forums.

It means that the forum is only for those who think in a specific way and anyone who thinks differently should shut up?

Why not take it as an opinion and express itself?

Something like, do not think so thanks.

The attack on me and the constant incitement to not talk about this subject is nothing but an act of segregation.

If I do not think like you, I have no right to speak ...

Ironic.

The key is to take it as a place to exchange opinions and disagree manifest without aggression or attempts to silence.
This discussion has been closed.