The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where's Nick "The Konk" Konkle?

Wodwo
Wodwo
✭✭✭
So the thought just occurred to me the other day whilst listening to the ESOTR Interview with Creative Director Paul Sage and Lead Gameplay Designer Chris Strasz, isn't Nick Konkle Lead Gameplay Designer over at ZOS? Has he moved onto a higher position or has he left the company entirely? He was such an awesome fella and I'm still banking on my Konk purchasable pet and my Sage Coloured Shirt when the Crown Store goes live- alas it seems one of them may now be an impossibility. Any word on Nick? Does he still work for ZOS? If not- I hope he has gone on to do something awesome.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update on this, his linked in profile doesn't show April 2015 meaning that it at least appears he has left the company, but that is conjecture of course
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a potential way to find out....

@ZOS_NickKonkle are you still there?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think he probably left when the bosses and community said your game is rubbish and we have to re-design it all. I would anyway.
    PC EU
  • Wodwo
    Wodwo
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Update on this, his linked in profile doesn't show April 2015 meaning that it at least appears he has left the company, but that is conjecture of course

Thanks very much :smiley: let's hope he hasn't left, I really liked the guy.
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Konk went plonk. :o:'(
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Here's a potential way to find out....

@ZOS_NickKonkle are you still there?

Last login was in May 2014, I'm afraid he won't see this..
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• ArterionAU
    ArterionAU
    ✭✭✭
    #BringbacktheKonk2015
    Adalmor Devourer of All - Nord Dragonknight EP Tank
    Gah-Kaj-Mota - Argonian Warden EP Tank
    Soran Tailas - Breton Templar DC Healer
    Arterion Auduseus - High Elf Sorcerer AD Magsorc
    Ancarion Aeduseus - High Elf Templar AD Magplar
    Aonus Audeseus - High Elf Warden AD Magden
    Azarath T'rizain - Dark Elf Dragonknight EP MagDK
    Azaron the Dread Wolf - Dark Elf Night Blade EP MagBlade
    Azzan Ansei - Redguard Night Blade AD StamBlade
    Arius Artorious - Imperial Templar AD Stamplar
    Kayne Ansei - Redguard Warden DC Stamden
    Do'ashi Kharhan - Khajiit Sorcerer AD Werewolf Stamsorc
    Azah Ansei - Redguard Dragonknight EP StamDK
    Founder of the Victorious Brotherhood
    Bringer of Light I The Flawless Conqueror I Boethiah's Scythe | Dro m'athra Destroyer | Craglorn Trials Conqueror I Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor I Voice of Reason I Blackrose Executioner
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that he is still there behind the wheel of the spellcrafting system somewhere, I really like the dude:)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recall someone in another thread saying he was still around. Perhaps he just does not like being a public figure? Can be a bit overwhelming when you have at least two rival religious movements debating your every word (The Konkities and The Konkists if I remember correctly).
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spellcrafting on hold, says it all really.
    PC EU
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/nicholas-konkle/5/4aa/a07

yeah he is at riot now guys. R.I.P sir.
  • DobbaDeuce
    DobbaDeuce
    ✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/nicholas-konkle/5/4aa/a07

yeah he is at riot now guys. R.I.P sir.
    Yeah that's really disappointing, but not terribly surprising given the events of the past year. It's gotta be tough to pour yourself into something for 7 years and then have a large number of your customers immediately disparage your creation, followed by the company going against their initial vision that you had defended for years during interviews, and finally having your intended next steps disrupted. Obviously I can't say I know the story, but I always appreciated his discussions and presentations. Spell Crafting looked awesome.

I hope he does well at Riot. At least a lot of people seem to appreciate their game.
    Tamriel-616 - A Chronicle of Tamriel's Heroes
    Jollo | Daggerfall | Templar | Lvl 47 | Blackwater Blade
    Vidarr
    | Ebonheart | Sorcerer | Lvl 26 | Chillrend
    J'Pummra
    | Aldmeri | Dragonknight | Lvl 13 | Thornblade
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that's incredibly disappointing, especially so because spellcrafting was his pet project.

Really going to miss him =(
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • RazzPitazz
    RazzPitazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to bash anyone, but their game devs are appreciated because they are fairly transparent. They don't tell there players plans if those plans are only in the planning stages. They bug fix almost daily. They hold actual conversations with their players (not just the e-sports players either). They listen to feedback and publicly tell you why your idea, while cool, Can't happen right now.
    And they have admitted time and time again that they are constantly improving the base game and server quality due to "poorly written code." They publicly admitted that their coding sucked... who does that? !
    PC NA
    VR1 - Jar'eed - Khajiit Dragon Knight - AD
    VR1 - Broad Tail - Argonian Templar - EP
    All-Star Crafter Guild
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No word of goodbye, not even a note. Good riddance, I suppose.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe he didnt leave on the best of terms with the patriarchs
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cant hide, we are watching you
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nick gone...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    NOOOOOOOOO! wow this sucks, was wondering about this a few weeks ago and saw his name on somthing official so assumed all was good.
    i was like well if he hasnt given up yet i shouldnt either ....lol seriously doubt things are going to get better without him around.
    just have to hope for the best tho.
    Too bad wishya the best Nick, thanks for all the hardwork!
  • Obscure
    Obscure
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL

(*League of Legends)
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think employees are allowed to say they left the company/were fired on the forums :)
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on May 4, 2015 4:18PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People come and go in the game world, I liked the Konk and wish him well in what ever he does, if we start losing more high profile employees, time to at lease raise an eyebrow:)
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    :(
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

I don't think employees are allowed to say they left the company/were fired on the forums :)

Mh, dunno. Pretty much everywhere else it used to be good tone to publicly bid farewell to the parting employee and give a warm welcome and introduction to the new guy, especially when it concerned leading positions that included direct interaction with the playerbase.

Their PR department is incredibly good at newspeak, so no matter how many dishes were shattered in the break up, I'm sure they could whip up something pleasing for everyone involved. But they did not.
  • Praxxos
    Praxxos
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should hire John Smedley to replace him now!
  • wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to that Linkedin he worked at ZOS for over seven years. That's a long time for a young guy. In any company, some people are 'lifers' and some aren't. Maybe he wanted to do something new. Lots of studios in California. Maybe he wanted to work on the West Coast.
  • ArgonianAssassin
    ArgonianAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean spellcrafting is dead? :\
    "It is okay to fear the night, even the bravest warriors are filled with fright, at the sight of the might of Sithis' fang, let the blood be washed away by the rain, let the stains forever remain, another life taken in Sithis' name, another soul for the void. All hail our Dread Father and his consort, the Night Mother." -Stalks-His-Prey
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well good luck to him wherever he goes and whatever he does.

Spellcrafting isn't dead - it is just trapped in a pocket plane of Oblivion along with housing, an emote hotkey system, race change, alliance change, an alliance netural landmass, working PvP, the barbershop and a cosmetic costume that looks like one of Paul Sage's shirts.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Ehcko
    Ehcko
    Well good luck to him wherever he goes and whatever he does.

Spellcrafting isn't dead - it is just trapped in a pocket plane of Oblivion along with housing, an emote hotkey system, race change, alliance change, an alliance netural landmass, working PvP, the barbershop and a cosmetic costume that looks like one of Paul Sage's shirts.

Everything you stated are things this game needs lol. Oh and on the PvP note, some kind of instanced PvP like battlegrounds/arenas.
    Edited by Ehcko on May 5, 2015 10:17AM