The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sound Issue

Dustile
Dustile
✭✭✭
Sound cuts in and out. Only on ESO. Anyone have a fix yet? Please say yes!
  • NightRain
    NightRain
    ✭✭✭
    Happening to me also. Maybe it's lag related. Only started happening in 1.6 for me.
    Options
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running a repair from the launcher might resolve this sound issue. You can find instructions on how to run a repair here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3330

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you're still having this issue post-repair!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue. Sound cuts out, especially in combat. Combat sound seems to cue up, and play after the pause becoming horribly desynced.

Running a repair now.

UPDATE: The repair found nothing damaged during validation.
    Edited by starkerealm on March 5, 2015 8:25AM
    Options
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Running a repair from the launcher might resolve this sound issue. You can find instructions on how to run a repair here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3330

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you're still having this issue post-repair!

It don't work. :disappointed:
    Still waiting for Sithis.
    Options
  • NightRain
    NightRain
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like lag, cos some of the combat seems laggy too. For example with the bow, it shoots faster but it's like there's not enough time for it to register when you stop autoshooting and try to do another move.
    Options
  • Dustile
    Dustile
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't work here either, =(
    Options
  • NightRain
    NightRain
    ✭✭✭
    So it's still an issue. Any word on if it's a bug? Wasn't there some sound related bug that held them back from releasing it at the end of Feb? Hope this isn't the same one.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's still an issue. Any word on if it's a bug? Wasn't there some sound related bug that held them back from releasing it at the end of Feb? Hope this isn't the same one.

It's not. That one, sound would cut completely after about an hour. You still had interface sounds, but no music, dialog (I think) or normal sound effects. Quitting out was the only way to get those back.

That said, this issue is probably related, given to sound constantly cutting out intermittently for a fraction of a second.
    Options
  • Skynetwork
    Skynetwork
    ✭✭✭
    same here (eu server). extreme audio lags. repair didn't work...

Options
  • Ratzinsky
    Ratzinsky
    Soul Shriven
    same for me, never had any sound related problems before 1.6.5
    what even more strange all my problems happen when fighting humans/dedric mobs (wtf?!?)
    as long as i fight monsters everything works perfectly
    Options
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    I make some research about that issue.
    forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/1606861/#Comment_1606861

Quick solution.
    Take on low your shadow on graphic options.
    If that don't work, lower your textures and others and that will work.
    Edited by Keepercraft on March 6, 2015 12:34PM
    Options
  • NightRain
    NightRain
    ✭✭✭
    Quick solution.
    Take on low your shadow on graphic options.
    If that don't work, lower your textures and others and that will work.

Seems to work after changing textures from high to medium.
    Edited by NightRain on March 7, 2015 12:19AM
    Options
  • Skynetwork
    Skynetwork
    ✭✭✭
    confirmed :) set textures from ultra to medium works but looks like :neutral: ok, waiting for patch...
    Options
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    Skynetwork wrote: »
    confirmed :) set textures from ultra to medium works but looks like :neutral: ok, waiting for patch...

Yes, that is my hot fix.
    I don't know why graphic quality damage that much sound quality with out using HDD, but i think it is something with RAM bandwidth limit or other memory issue.
    Options
  • Dustile
    Dustile
    ✭✭✭
    Lowering settings didn't work for me =(
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My audio lagging during combat started just after this last "hotfix" they did. I will have audio cut out for 1-2 seconds during combat , especially when im using dual wield skills.

This problem actually affects my crafting UI window as well with stuttering and lag.

Repair and lowering settings fixes nothing. Game is broken.
    Edited by c0rp on March 9, 2015 3:10AM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Dustile
    Dustile
    ✭✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    My audio lagging during combat started just after this last "hotfix" they did. I will have audio cut out for 1-2 seconds during combat , especially when im using dual wield skills.

This problem actually affects my crafting UI window as well with stuttering and lag.

Repair and lowering settings fixes nothing. Game is broken.

Same

Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I resolved my issue with this. Maybe for some of you it will work too.

I increased my max LUA memory in the eso user settings file. Default is 64, and I increased it to 512. It removed all combat lag and audio cut outs I was having in combat. I know it seems random, but it is what it is.
    Edited by c0rp on March 10, 2015 6:39AM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • Keepercraft
    Keepercraft
    ✭✭✭
    New patch 1.6.6 fix my sound issue, but drop down my fps.
    Options
  • Mike_Mercenaru
    Mike_Mercenaru
    Soul Shriven
    I think I found something. It's not a "full-fix", but it's definetly better than before. At least now, the sounds are 0.5s delayed and occurs less than before.

After 5 days of tweaking and testing the settings, I came up with something. From my experience, the sound delay thing occurs because, in a way, the engine doesn't allow multiple sounds to be played at once, so some of them are dalayed. Or they are not processed at once, At least this is how I feel, I am not expert. It's no wonder anyway since, ESO engine barely handles 2+ cores.

There are two command lines in UserSettings that I modified :
    SET RequestedNumJobThreads "-1" >>> to 0
    SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "-1" >>> to 0

This two commands put less pressure on the engine and on your CPU, I tested on 32bit version for 15 minutes and is partially working. MUCH better than before anyway !

I will test 64bit also, I just got so excited to see it working that I came here to announce you first. Until Zenimax patches this, i'm gonna use this thing.

Hope it help ! Waiting on your feedback !
    Options