The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Skyshard issues

AzraelKrieg
AzraelKrieg
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Not sure if anyone else has come across this in any other dungeons but the Skyshard in Softloam Cavern in Stonefalls can't be interacted with nor is glowing. I haven't collected it as it isn't highlighted in the achievements panel.
Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you re-log and try again?

I had one in that state in the last few days (no idea which one) something that I hadn't seen for some months, and the old ESC+try_again didn't work but when I logged back in I could 'use' it normally.

I've been getting a few on the 'non-interactibles' in the last couple weeks that I hadn't so frequently in the previous 6 months.
    Edited by Kragorn on March 4, 2015 1:28PM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did relog and still had the issue. I think this could be due to the fact that with Update 6, more delves got expanded and in the case of Softloam Cavern, the skyshard's location was moved in the process.
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @AzraelKrieg,

Can you please send along a screenshot of the Skyshard, as well as the journal section for your Skyshard hints?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA

In the dungeon with Skyshard visible and Journal entry
    3kSfXBF.png

Map with Skyshards addon with Journal hint
    BikOrCn.png
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank ya @AzraelKrieg! Looks like the add on reporting might be a bit off. That one is "Where a fiery tide rises," which you already have :).
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The location of the skyshard in Softloam Cavern has actually moved since the Update 6.

Pre-Update 6 Softloam Layout. I've circled where the skyshard was during that time. The hint "Found in soft dirt by daggers" was accurate then as there were two Covenant Soldiers guarding it.
    fVFZZHd.png

Post-Update 6 Softloam layout. The circle indicates where the skyshard is now with the skyshard icon being where it used to be from the data on the most up-to-date version of the Skyshards addon. Hint is still the same as "Where a fiery tide rises" is for Hightide Hollow.
    EOwMfsM.png
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @AzraelKrieg,

Looks like they got switched in 1.6.5. Mind checking Hightide Hollow really quick to see if that skyshard is active for you? Should be right here:

n4xkehkijwzs.jpg

EDIT: Just wanted to let you know that we've also reported this to the appropriate teams for investigation.
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on March 4, 2015 4:51PM
    Staff Post
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Went to Hightide Hollow. Skyshard is in the location you indicated and is glowing which is odd since I have collected the one in here prior to update 6 going live.
    bbiTSDi.png
    CIIUmDP.png

Quite interesting.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @AzraelKrieg,

Glad to see that it works at least! We'll be sure to forward this along to the correct folks, but it looks like these got switched in the transition. Thanks for your patience and the screenshots, it's a huge help!
    Staff Post
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No problem at all. Thanks for helping sort it out. Collecting it triggered the Skyshards addon to say I got the one over at Softloam Cavern.
  • S4NDM4NN
    S4NDM4NN
    Oh thanks. I was searching and relogging for an hour to find that skyshard but luckily I found this topic now. Had exactly the same problem and found it now in Hightide Hollow.
  • Rastellus
    Rastellus
    ✭✭
    I would like to add that as of today I'm experiencing the same issue as the OP. The solution proposed is also still valid and it solved my issue.
    "The best techniques are passed on by the survivors."
    ―Gaiden Shinji, Blademaster
  • Ladejarlen
    Ladejarlen
    Soul Shriven
    I got confused too as I found the "Found in soft dirt by daggers" skyshard (at least that's what I thought I did) as the second to last in Stonefalls, but then the other one got marked as found in my achievements list. Since I hadn't bothered to read the name of the other one, I had no idea which one of my other 15 skyshards "Found in soft dirt by daggers" had been switched with. :o Thankfully I found this thread, so all is good now. Thanks. :)
  • Dikfor
    Dikfor
    Soul Shriven
    Confirmed 'Found in soft dirt by daggers' and 'Where a fiery tide rises' have been switched. Very confusing if you are using a skyshard location addon.
  • WilburrTodde
    WilburrTodde
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GaryA I'm having a similar issue with Clank of gears & Hiss of Steam in Avenchndzel (The Rift), It says Ive already gotten it in my journal, and Im unable to interact with it , but it didnt count towards a skill point. Is there any fix for this?
    Edited by WilburrTodde on September 16, 2015 3:55AM