The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grouping tool bug

Razzak
Razzak
✭✭✭✭✭
Grouping tool is not working. No matter what I do, I can't get a group together if I am using this tool. Hours of waiting and grouping tool in constant search mode, but no luck.
I even tried it with another player. Me as DPS and him as Tank, but we still didn't get put together into a group with another DPS and healer.
1.6 brings no change or fix for this bug, so when can we expect devs to work their magic on this problem?
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tried the grouping tool out several times, and it has not worked once for me either. If it did work, I wouldn't have so many group dungeons left to do.

I just figured I was doing something wrong. Has anyone been able to use it successfully?
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    It used to work okay. but that is patches back. they redid it then managed to unbalance it. since the redo that had the purpose to make it easer to find a group I have been unable to use it and am glad I have a good guild for pledges and use shoutouts for dungeons. But it has become harder as gamers are spreadout more. The fact that the factions are also sepperate (while the dungeon is exactly the same) is als not helping the mather
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, devs, mods, CSs ... any comment?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Razzak,

There were some improvements made to the grouping tool in 1.5.7, however we are aware of the remaining issues with the grouping tool and we are working towards a fix for those.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Razzak,

There were some improvements made to the grouping tool in 1.5.7, however we are aware of the remaining issues with the grouping tool and we are working towards a fix for those.

Hallelujah !

Or not. Thanks for finally commenting, but truth be told, I was hoping to find out when this magical fix might happen. Guess I will have to wait for 1.7 or console launch.
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    has nothing to do with consoles. Not sure what the problem is, but it will be after 1.6.
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    has nothing to do with consoles. Not sure what the problem is, but it will be after 1.6.

Let's imagine, like Gary already mentioned, they know grouping tool as is, is not working properly. I think it's fair to asume they will not want to launch consoles with similarly bugged grouping tool for console players. So, they will fix the way it finds players and groups them together by the time console launches, or even by the time console beta is out.
    That means they will have to find a fix for it, if they haven't already. which means they will have to work on that. The question is, will they work on that for consoles first and PC second, meaning will we have to wait for console launch before they implement the same solution to PC version?
    Remember, pre 1.5 grouping tool, while not perfect, was working better than what we have now. Even with 1.5.7 update.
  • daolar
    daolar
    I doubt they will ever get it working, since it worked badly since launch and has been broken for like 4 months now, with a fix that didnt fix anything, they should just remove it and make a faction wide lfg chat channel instead imo, if not we will get "we are working on it" for another year..
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daolar wrote: »
    I doubt they will ever get it working, since it worked badly since launch and has been broken for like 4 months now, with a fix that didnt fix anything, they should just remove it and make a faction wide lfg chat channel instead imo, if not we will get "we are working on it" for another year..

I agree. I made numerous threads and posts asking them for a simple comment on when they might fix it. I was glad to see Gary make an effort to write something, but his words are without any real meaning since, as you say, they can repeat them indefinitely.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been trying to find a dungeon group with it for hours. It used to work fine but now I get nothing.

Is it because it's broken, people don't use it or people don't do dungeons?
  • daolar
    daolar
    In the beginning ppl didnt use it cause it was slow, now its broken so no point in using it before they fix it, if the fix it..
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pema wrote: »
    It has everything to do with consoles. They can't afford to launch the game on consoles with an utterly broken grouping tool. Of course, having learned from past experiences, it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The developers not being able to fix this relatively simple but important part of the game for such a long time is a worrying sign.
  • daolar
    daolar
    Well the didnt care to fix it for pc for like a year, so I doubt the care that much about it for consoles, sadly I think its one of the things that never vill get fixed, the called it a priority issue since its a game system, and still it barely worked at launch and really broken for like 4 months, that says alot of how much of a priority it is to them imo, I just wish the would be honest about it
  • Jordan.nick11b14_ESO
    Jordan.nick11b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Razzak,

Any update on this? I've been unable to run vet dungeons for over a month -- can't find people to group with ...
  • Alliel
    Alliel
    ✭✭
    Hey there @Razzak,

And what kind of "improvements" would that be? I don't remember the grouping tools working since the undaunted pledges came out.
  • di85ll
    di85ll
    Things like this turn me off from the game. I have recently returned and I have not had a problem finding group for dungeons in chat but the fact the chat is the only way to find a group is pathetic for a modern new MMO. I can't find a better word, but it really brings the game down and makes it look bad. I mean, an MMO in 2015 without a looking for group too. I dunno. They can come out with 1.6 and other stuff, but can't fix the bread and butter of mmo's. Dungeons have always been the best part of RPG's. How or why does this game not have a working LFG system when all of it's competitors do??? Does this game not want to succeed. I don't understand. What is going on? Is it too hard for the developers or do they think it is not important?
  • Alliel
    Alliel
    ✭✭
    di85ll wrote: »
    Things like this turn me off from the game. I have recently returned and I have not had a problem finding group for dungeons in chat but the fact the chat is the only way to find a group is pathetic for a modern new MMO. I can't find a better word, but it really brings the game down and makes it look bad. I mean, an MMO in 2015 without a looking for group too. I dunno. They can come out with 1.6 and other stuff, but can't fix the bread and butter of mmo's. Dungeons have always been the best part of RPG's. How or why does this game not have a working LFG system when all of it's competitors do??? Does this game not want to succeed. I don't understand. What is going on? Is it too hard for the developers or do they think it is not important?
    Totally agree! And now that the game is going free to play i doubt they will put any effort into this issue.

• Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Razzak,

Any news about this? Are you still working on this or have you given up? Can we expect a fix before console launch?
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for finally saying something about this, @ZOS_GaryA
    more info would be much appreciated
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Razzak,

Any news on this?
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Razzak,

how you can call "improvement" the fact that i never find a group using group tolls after and before 1.5.7???
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on this @ZOS_GaryA?
    Are you aware these remaining issues are still in effect? With some new ones, but let's leave those for later.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news? Chat is becoming flooded with LFG calls, which is yet another example of why grouping tool should either be fixed or re designed.
    What do you think @ZOS_GaryA ?
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news @ZOS_GaryA? In case you haven't noticed, there has been an increase in threads and posts regarding this issue and is getting clear to more and more people you are ignoring this issue.
    Can we expect some improvement to LFG tool before console launch?
  • Alliel
    Alliel
    ✭✭
    Hey there @Razzak,

Could you please tell us if it is going to be fixed soon, or ever?

• dramsb14_ESO
    dramsb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Grouping tool worked for me this weekend. Problem is that it has been broken for so friggin long few people even try to utilize it. The "dungeon set to verteran difficulty bug" still persists though, so watch out for that one....
  • Alliel
    Alliel
    ✭✭
    Hey there @Razzak,

Please stop ignoring us and tell us if the grouping tool is going to be fixed soon or not.
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything new @ZOS_GaryA ?
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new week, but still this old bug. Any intentions of working on it? Or should we wait for console release?