Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

New Armor/Costume Ideas

Panda244
Panda244
✭✭✭✭✭
Disclaimer: Prepare for a long post of drunken sleep deprived Panda rant that will progressively degrade into gibberish and unintelligible sweet nothings. Any armor you see from the Nexus is not mine, all linky-ma-jiggers will be posted down at the bottom of the post if you want to see them. No typos will be fixed because this was finished at 4am EST, I've had five beers and no sleep for the last thirty-three hours, seventeen minutes. :heart:

With the release of 1.6 and announcement of Tamriel: Unlimited I got to thinking about the new content due to release, Wrothgar and Swamp-Land-No-One-Cares-About-Because-Lizards, and the new armors that will be released with it. Currently the armors in game, while basic, do a good job of looking cool and... Well... Functioning? I guess. But what turns me off is a lot of the armor is painted on, knowingly that it helps frames and game performance in Cyrodiil. But what they could do with newer armors is add a cloak-like feature already scene in the Way of Fire pants and Of the Air pants and work better on the shoulders, right now the only two shoulders that make me go "Mmph oh yes!" Are the Dominion Medium and Heavy shoulders. The rest just float there looking very out of place and dull. But... That's beside the point.

NEW ARMURH IDEAS!

Light-ish
12015-3-1330812554.jpg
20077-2-1365129018.jpg
SWTOR_Revan_Reborn2.jpg
These are just general ideas of what Light armor could eventually look like, right now light and medium tend to be the coolest looking. Heavy lacks. Also, hate on the Revan concept art will grant you a slap to the face, kick to the balls and my teeth sunk deep into your neck. Did I mention I'm legally insane? :trollface:

Medium-ish
latest?cb=20121115032322
__leader_armor_concept___by_eventrue-d5h1b9d.jpg
24814-1-1350245961.jpg
19840-2-1341334103.jpg
Again, just general ideas.

Heavy-Er-R-Mur
50058-1-1397309564.jpg
42169-4-1392377901.jpg
57512-1-1408992182.png
armored_by_cloudminedesign-d4uzk7y.jpg
The heavy armor currently in game is meh, some, and when I mean some I mean hardly none of it, is appealing to the eye, but some pieces can be combined and worked with. I feel like ESO needs to work on more cloaky, raggedy looks. Everything in ESO as of right now looks to damned pretty, need more ragged, tattered armor with fur all over it. They do however look to be headed in the right direction with the Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood armors that look, from the concept art, oh so sexy.

Thieves Guild
eso-thieves-guild-armor.jpg
Dark Brotherhood
eso-dark-brotherhood-armor-set.jpg
Assorted Concept Art
vlcsnap-2014-07-20-19h16m49s4-600x337.jpg
Morag-Tong-Armor-Elder-Scrolls-Online.gif
The first image of the Assorted Concept Art, the mismatched Undaunted armor. Where the hell it be at? I drool profusely every time I lay eyes upon it, the way the shoulder pad overlaps down the bicep, the thigh-guards on medium armor variant, and the hip cloak thingy on the light armor. WHERE IS IT!!?! This is the kind of armor I want to see in game, and if any of the new armor looks like it. Please give me a hint @ZOS_RichLambert‌. As for any armor that you want to look exotic, make it a disguise in the Crown Store, or new Trial reward etc. Overall, when time allows, it'd be nice to see a revamp/overall/redesign of a lot of armor in the game, just make it look prettier and sexier and bootyfull to the eyes. If needed I'll supply the caffeine for the art team :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anyways, rant over. Now, DISCUSS!!

EDIT - More Various Armors
310_max.jpg
This is a perfect example of what Heavy Armor should look like in ESO, the only set that comes close to it is Dominion Heavy armor.
artorias_cuirass_and_pauldrons_preview_by_azmal-d69droc.jpg
35965-2-1368362884.jpg

Leather-y-Armor
elven_armor_by_shattan-d6u8akz.jpg
full_leather_armor_with_slats_by_artisansdazure-d33jw1m.jpg
leather_armor_v4_by_astanael-d48h17g.jpg
tumblr_m8tdisZGJ51r3cbf4o1_500.jpg
Spartacus_Blood_Sand_armor.jpg

More-Heavy
princearmory-5454927118dab79.jpg
princearmory-5454995b18dabd1.jpg
princearmory-54548fff18daaf8.jpg
This last piece of armor is gorgeous and I demand it be added into the game, even if I have to solo all three trials on hardmode to get it. Thank you.

Overall I think the game just lacks in creative looking armor, there are some exceptions but not a lot. I think what ZOS should do to add variety is allow you to save a Disguise, to what your current armor looks like and is dyed like, so lets say you're wearing 7/7 light and all in redguard style, then you save it to a disguise, and you can run around naked, but if you wear the disguise then you still look like you're wearing armor. It would allow people to mismatch armor pieces and customize themselves more rather than wear the atrocious light armor trial gear headpiece :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
If this is doable then I say get on it ZOS! Let people have more freedom!

Nexus Links.
Edited by Panda244 on February 1, 2015 10:03PM
Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
#FreeGooey
#FreeAsgari
#FreeAoE
#FreeSubtomik
#FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted an idea earlier that involved selling armor costumes sets in the Crown Store but have players unlock them in game first. I think that would work well for the thieves guild and dark brotherhood armor sets you've shown there.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/149494/in-game-crown-store-integration-concept#latest
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • frould
    frould
    ✭✭✭
    Would love to see TES Skyrim's Thief guild armor and Nightingale armor.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I would prefer the concept artsy armors to be added styles instead of costumes. To better mix and match. Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Kothringi or Morag Tong... either styles that can be found, or a style that can be bought (like the Fighters Guild / PvP gear "Akaviri" style)

Of course, there are a few more armor visuals in the game that are currently limited to certain specific sets (Necromancer, Stygian, etc.) Maybe in time, those could become available as craftable styles as well...

Personally I would like to see a lot more armor varietee... an idea I once had was adding more options to each style, like the robe/jerkin choice for light chestpieces. There could be fur lined winter chestpieces and light sleeveless summer versions of the same for each armor style. Hoods as well as all kinds of hats. Choice between leather helmet, or facemask. Heavy helmets in both closed visot and open faced version. But matching the rest of the style to be able to mix several differnet types, which is currently often a bit problematic... often different style armors due differently, and are often hard to make looking like pieces in one set... it would be nice to have more options.

Costumes I would much rather see non-armor styles for roleplay support (more dresses! ;) ), and the occasional visual set unattainable with crafted or bought/dropped stuff (like they did for low-level armor visuals, so high level characters can have the look they outgrew ages ago...)
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All good except the Revan look, that is clearly a mix of Light, Medium, and Heavy Armours.

Besides you need a light saber to make it work, get a Daedric Lightsaber into the game, and I'll reconsider :wink:
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I would prefer the concept artsy armors to be added styles instead of costumes. To better mix and match. Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Kothringi or Morag Tong... either styles that can be found, or a style that can be bought (like the Fighters Guild / PvP gear "Akaviri" style)

Of course, there are a few more armor visuals in the game that are currently limited to certain specific sets (Necromancer, Stygian, etc.) Maybe in time, those could become available as craftable styles as well...

Personally I would like to see a lot more armor varietee... an idea I once had was adding more options to each style, like the robe/jerkin choice for light chestpieces. There could be fur lined winter chestpieces and light sleeveless summer versions of the same for each armor style. Hoods as well as all kinds of hats. Choice between leather helmet, or facemask. Heavy helmets in both closed visot and open faced version. But matching the rest of the style to be able to mix several differnet types, which is currently often a bit problematic... often different style armors due differently, and are often hard to make looking like pieces in one set... it would be nice to have more options.

Costumes I would much rather see non-armor styles for roleplay support (more dresses! ;) ), and the occasional visual set unattainable with crafted or bought/dropped stuff (like they did for low-level armor visuals, so high level characters can have the look they outgrew ages ago...)

Aye, we need more variety overall... It'd be nice to be able to craft set the Dominion style'd gear as it does look lovely, except the heavy and medium helmet... But the rest is gorgeous.. Over time I guess we can hope they add some more motifs and maybe let us craft the rare stuff.
    All good except the Revan look, that is clearly a mix of Light, Medium, and Heavy Armours.

Besides you need a light saber to make it work, get a Daedric Lightsaber into the game, and I'll reconsider :wink:

maxresdefault.jpg
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely loathe the floating "hip guards" that are on virtually all armor. For heavy, sure fine. For SOME (but not ALL) of the meduim, sure fine. BUT IT HAS NO PLACE ON LIGHT ARMOR! For the love of Dibella, TAKE IT OFF! At the very least, do NOT put those stupid things on ANY of the new armor you put out. I can't take it!

THEN come look over this OP and DO EVERYTHING PANDA TELLS YOU!
    Edited by MornaBaine on February 1, 2015 9:12PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    I absolutely loathe the floating "hip guards" that are on virtually all armor. For heavy, sure fine. For SOME (but not ALL) of the meduim, sure fine. BUT IT HAS NO PLACE ON LIGHT ARMOR! For the love of Dibella, TAKE IT OFF! At the very least, do NOT put those stupid things on ANY of the new armor you put out. I can't take it!

THEN come look over this OP and DO EVERYTHING PANDA TELLS YOU!

I think everyone that is a fan of aesthetics hates them, they're stoopid. I'm more of a fan of the Hauberk type look with a skirt... It makes more sense then hip flaps and looks cooler, not to mention the hip flaps float there for obvious reasons, if they go with the other approach then the armor loses less floating pieces held together by magic. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edited the post with some more armors that caught my eye.
    Edited by Panda244 on February 1, 2015 10:05PM

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one like the "short cape/poncho" style shoulderpieces (is there a technical name for those I never learned?) a lot for light armor, and the epaulette style not at all. It looks okay with medioum and heavy, but for light... not so much. And was generally somewhat vexed seeing how the breton style turned from one to the other in higher level gear...

Hip guards... yeah, I never liked them on light armor either. Even on half the medium armors they look a bit out of place, though that's more to do with sheathed weapons floating a distance off them with some styles...

Skirts... I am sorely missing short skirts / kilt options. Those would be great to have for people who'd like the "scotsman" look for their nords, or go all greco-roman on their imperial style outfits... I say again, I would really like summer/winter options for all the styles, at least for chest and legs... Winter: full-coverage fur lined chestpieces and pants, summer: sleeveless vests and short trousers/kilts?
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one like the "short cape/poncho" style shoulderpieces (is there a technical name for those I never learned?) a lot for light armor, and the epaulette style not at all. It looks okay with medioum and heavy, but for light... not so much. And was generally somewhat vexed seeing how the breton style turned from one to the other in higher level gear...

Hip guards... yeah, I never liked them on light armor either. Even on half the medium armors they look a bit out of place, though that's more to do with sheathed weapons floating a distance off them with some styles...

Skirts... I am sorely missing short skirts / kilt options. Those would be great to have for people who'd like the "scotsman" look for their nords, or go all greco-roman on their imperial style outfits... I say again, I would really like summer/winter options for all the styles, at least for chest and legs... Winter: full-coverage fur lined chestpieces and pants, summer: sleeveless vests and short trousers/kilts?

Short-cape/poncho design honestly makes more sense than whatever the technical term is lol, but yeah I like them a lot, and the kilt/skirt option is the best. They have a few new pieces with it, http://eso-fashion.com/way-of-fire/

Then there is the Necromancer, Aether, and Of the Air sets with the skirt, but we need morrrrreeee

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF