Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

VET and REG Dungeon bug

blueraven515
When I log into the game I'm presented with a message that says my dungeon rank has been changed to veteran. My toon is not a vet and I cannot find a way to get my dungeon rank back to regular, thus baring me and and other people in my guild from any dungeons. Any solutions?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @blueraven515,

You can change your dungeon rank on the Group tab (P) at the very top. There are two icons beneath Dungeon Mode. If you select the icon on the left, you'll be back to Normal mode!

4n8vowmyz25l.jpg
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    the dungeon mode icon is not there another annoying bug
    @zos_garya
    Edited by gresiac on November 6, 2014 2:12PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @gresiac,

Sending you a PM for this :).
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Soraellion
    Soraellion
    ✭✭✭
    We have similar issues. We're non-vets but when someone joins our group he gets a message he's joining a vet group. We restarted the group a few times but didn't help. We're not seeing a vet setting in the group window.

Also, we can't enter any dungeons at all, it won't let us through the entrance. It's probably related with vet setting somehow.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Soraellion,

Does this happen when a specific person joins the group, or is it occurring when any of you group up? Also, does it seem to matter who the leader is when this happens?
    Staff Post
  • Soraellion
    Soraellion
    ✭✭✭
    we had that message twice in the beginning. We reformed just now, tried different leaders; max lvl, low lvl etc, but to no avail. we can't enter the dungeons, not even the ones we want to port to.

The vet message is gone now though, somehow.
    Edited by Soraellion on November 6, 2014 2:54PM
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this be related to the fact that hovering your mouse over the XP bar on a non Vet character shows VP instead XP ?

Something's messed up somewhere.
  • blueraven515
    @ZOS_GaryA I do not have the dungeon mode icon either
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lunerdog, that is a UI bug that will be fixed in the next patch. VP is not required to level in non-veteran ranks.

@blueraven515, the Dungeon Mode does not appear if you are not veteran ranked. Did you group in the past with a veteran ranked player who set the dungeon mode to Veteran?
    Staff Post
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    @Lunerdog, VP is not required to level in non-veteran ranks.

I know that Gary, been playing since release ;)

Just wondered if there was a link between non vet characters XP bars showing VP and none vet characters being flagged as Vet characters :)
  • blueraven515
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    @Lunerdog, that is a UI bug that will be fixed in the next patch. VP is not required to level in non-veteran ranks.

@blueraven515, the Dungeon Mode does not appear if you are not veteran ranked. Did you group in the past with a veteran ranked player who set the dungeon mode to Veteran?

@ZOS_GaryA, Yes, in the past I have grouped with someone that was veteran ranked and likely had their dungeon mode on veteran.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lunerdog just wanted to let you know it hasn't changed :). The bug is UI only.

@blueraven515, If you can, give a shot to grouping with a Veteran player and having them set the Dungeon Mode to normal. Once you exit the group, let us know if the issue persists. If so, we'll be sure to forward the bug along for investigation

If it doesn't persist, we can send some feedback mentioning that Dungeon Mode should be available to all characters in case this situation happens.
    Staff Post
  • Soraellion
    Soraellion
    ✭✭✭
    Few hours later different players, none of them vet, formed group tried to enter spindle..... "not allowed due to lacking vet rank" and no option to deselect vet.

And given the people who are standing outside the dungeon (all non-vets) I'd say it's a persistent problem.

Edited by Soraellion on November 6, 2014 6:18PM
  • merlinreeves
    merlinreeves
    Soul Shriven
    Any update on this? was unable to access any dungeons in a group last night due to this bug
  • Razzak
    Razzak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow ... a proper communication with someone from ZOS.
    Gary ... kudos to you and please, try to infect your coworkers with whatever you have. :)
  • blueraven515
    @ZOS_GaryA I can confirm that grouping with a veteran and having them change their dungeon mode to normal! Thank you for the help :)
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there,

Glad to hear that this worked! Thanks so much for your patience. We'll go ahead and forward along the feedback about dungeon difficulty selection. If you folks would would like to add to that, please feel free to use the /feedback feature in the game to report the issues with dungeon difficulty.

Again, thanks for your patience, and we're glad to help! :)
    Staff Post
  • ecstasy81
    ecstasy81
    Soul Shriven
    Just letting devs know that this bug is still active, i had to join a veteran for him to lower the dungeon mode to normal for me to be able to enter dungeons again :)
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein
  • thesurvival
    thesurvival
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GaryA

The bug is happening to a buddy and myself on console version. Please fix i can't join any dungeons on normal
  • blueraven515
    Have yall tried the provided solution? I know it's not a permanent fix to the overall bug but it was sufficient for me as a temporary fix.