Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alchemy Bilious Dye.

AlexDougherty
AlexDougherty
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I just unlocked the level 50 dye from Alchemy, and it is awful, how is that colour a reward for maxing out a craft?.

No, scratch that, how is that colour a reward period?.

Please replace it with a colour that actually looks half decent.
People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
Wizard's first rule
Passion rules reason
Wizard's third rule
Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
Wizard's fifth rule
Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
Wizard's tenth rule
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It isn't too bad with the right colors. I'm using it on my alchemist with Indoril Blue and Moonstone White:
    rZyH5YB.jpg
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • stumpy999
    stumpy999
    ✭✭✭
    Call the fashion police!
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    I use it all the time with one of my characters (as an accent though, not the main colour).
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never forget that it doesn't look the same all the time. Depending on armor style and weight the color changes a bit. So it might look good. Maybe. Somehow.
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like most of the 'blacks' which look nothing like the 'palette' when apllied to many items

Would be much better is the 'artist' involved tried them out on everything, then posted previews of how god awful most dyes look on most items!!!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    It isn't too bad with the right colors. I'm using it on my alchemist with Indoril Blue and Moonstone White:
    rZyH5YB.jpg

Ok, that one isn't too bad.
    I tried it out on a similar outfit (Altmer Kresh), and I didn't care for it as a colour, but you have got working, mind you there are better greens for that look.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gythral wrote: »
    Sounds like most of the 'blacks' which look nothing like the 'palette' when apllied to many items

Would be much better is the 'artist' involved tried them out on everything, then posted previews of how god awful most dyes look on most items!!!

Actually I can get most of the colours to work, even the blacks.

I just found this shade of green unappealling, appropriately named, but unappealling.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks very alchemistish to me. A lot of the colors turn out different than what you think though. Like when I unlocked entoloma blue awhile ago I was like woa. It's cool looking but not what I expected.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed about the dye, too, when some of my skills reached 50. I wonder how these could be a reward?!...

My son just suggested we should be able to pick f.e. 1 out of 3 dyes, I think this would be pretty damn cool. I'm posting in his name since he does not have an account here :)
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »

While your making it work as a combo, it's still a pretty bad shade of Green.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    While your making it work as a combo, it's still a pretty bad shade of Green.
    Oh, absolutely. I still think it's terrible in general, but it can look alright with the right colors. Mainly I use it to show off that he's my alchemist. Interestingly, because I was taking the screenshot it was the first time he's left Elden Root in months ;) Not sure I've even seen the color outside before this.

• PC/NA
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I adore that color and wouldn't leave the house without it.

h3iKLio.png
    Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • CoolsHisHands
    CoolsHisHands
    ✭✭✭
    Have you looked up the definition of "bilious"? It's supposed to look awful, and it goes quite humourously with Alchemy.

ISTR that some of the filler animations when at the Alchemy table include your character sniffing the mix and acting sick. Perfect reward colour if so :)
    Vokundein
    Cools-His-Hands - Argonian Extraordinaire - Legend Gaming Webmaster
    www.legend-gaming.net
  • hammer_fella
    hammer_fella
    ✭✭✭
    Have you looked up the definition of "bilious"? It's supposed to look awful, and it goes quite humourously with Alchemy.

ISTR that some of the filler animations when at the Alchemy table include your character sniffing the mix and acting sick. Perfect reward colour if so :)
    Was that an intentional pun on 'humour?' If so, quite cleverly done.
    Aldmeri Dominion (NA)
    Ferawen - VR14 Bosmer Nightblade
    Quvalwe - VR2 Altmer Sorcerer
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Belwurz gro-Yungash - Lvl 35 Orc Dragonknight
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dutseiwitsei - Lvl 27 Argonian Templar
  • MercutioElessar
    MercutioElessar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

h3iKLio.png

That actually looks a bit like my Falinesti Green on Lvl 10 light armour...
    If I've ever offended you,
    just know that from the bottom of my heart,
    I really don't give a ***.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

h3iKLio.png

Actually that one looks quite nice, I know the base colour affects how it looks, but that's a lot better than I thought you could do with it.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes, I know what Bilious means, in fact I think I said it was appropriately named in an earlier post. It's just so bad. I have been slightly disappointed with the level 50 crafting colours, but this is awful.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, moving on to constructive criticism, what do you think the color should have been? A brighter green? A runny, spotty, well worn lab coat color? A dye with a shader effect that made your character emit a faint toxic-looking cloud? Glow-in-the-dark nuclear waste green? Soylent green? Any suggestions?
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    Woodworking just gets wood color. It's good to have just for filling out the yellow/brown selection, but not something I felt excited about either. A good portion of the crafting ones are meh. The fishing ones on the other hand...
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just unlocked the level 50 dye from Alchemy, and it is awful, how is that colour a reward for maxing out a craft?.

No, scratch that, how is that colour a reward period?.

I don't know that reward is the term I would use.

Think it's more of a side-effect.

It's similar to the Meatloaf Grey you get for maxing Provo.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, moving on to constructive criticism, what do you think the color should have been? A brighter green? A runny, spotty, well worn lab coat color? A dye with a shader effect that made your character emit a faint toxic-looking cloud? Glow-in-the-dark nuclear waste green? Soylent green? Any suggestions?

A neon green would work for me, I could use it as a trim colour, giving my characters a magical look to their clothing.

I know some would hate that, but it would work better for me than Bilious green.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the smithing colors,steel blue and a nice metallic gray.
    • PC/NA
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about those that enjoy and appreciate the dye?
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Teiji wrote: »
    What about those that enjoy and appreciate the dye?

I don't know, I just know I dislike it.

I know any proposed change will have people opposing it, and all I can do is give my honest opinion. If you like it, then give your honest opinion and defend it.

I promise to be fair and open minded and not take offense.
    Not that the decision is mine or anything, I'm just speaking my mind.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Teiji
    Teiji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know, I just know I dislike it.

This seems unreasonable, I'll explain why with this post.

I know any proposed change will have people opposing it, and all I can do is give my honest opinion.

As it stands, the Dye system allows players to further customise their gear, currently we may only dye several items of our gear which are worn on the -

• Head
    • Shoulder
    • Chest
    • Hands
    • Gloves
    • Boots
    • Legs

Completing achievements may unlock a dye, such as the following dyes -

e83f2c52145a707915dd05ea92244d9b.png
    09070328783fa6e6dc59e87109535f73.png
    22e5307a39d493601c83d615dc898d24.png
    There is a total of twenty-one yellow dyes within the game currently, one of which is Alchemist Bilious, one which I'm happy to have available.

Out of all those twenty-one yellow dyes, you may, I say may, did I mention I said may?

You may find a yellow dye you enjoy, perhaps you already have.

Now, moving on with what I said with my first sentence - It's unreasonable that you'd enjoy having this dye that others appreciate having due to the fact that it is a dye, one which you have said you do not enjoy using, so because you do not enjoy using the dye, those that do enjoy using it, should suffer by having it replaced with a dye that you find satisfactory. If you enjoy using this dye but just find it awful, then okay.

To use an example to assist in providing context - I do not enjoy using medium armor, I enjoy using heavy armor, in order to not grief myself, I do not use medium armor as I'd not enjoy it.

Does that make sense? I understand that others may enjoy using medium armor and will not enjoy using heavy armor, which is well within their right to do so, I don't let it bother me as I don't indulge in my dislike, I appreciate and respect the choice that I may do this and so may they.
    Edited by Teiji on October 22, 2014 10:45PM
    "Serving Boethiah is Freedom, embracing heroism is Liberty, existing solely for noxiphilic sanguivoria is truth." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

European megaserver Fallout 4

Loyalist of Boethiah, heroism enthusiast, exposer of secrets, bless'ed of noxiphilic sanguivoria.

Nerf one grind, two more take its place; hail Gryndra!

I am a dank memer and satire enthusiast
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Teiji I get that you like the Dye, which is fine, It's not my place to say what you must like or dislike.

As I said I can only say I dislike it, I put this out to see what the general feel about the dye was. The response so far (what little there has been) has been mixed, some like it, some like myself dislike it, some don't care.

Given how few people have said anything, and how mixed the feelings are, I think it's safe to say there is little demand to change it. Which to me is a shame, as I truely do dislike it, but to you is good news as you like it.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • seneferab16_ESO
    seneferab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually that one looks quite nice, I know the base colour affects how it looks, but that's a lot better than I thought you could do with it.

The colour is very dependent on the shade (and shading) of the base armor, and in many cases look less than good. I really like it on the bosmer Light Armor because of how it darken the green slightly. The light armor also looks a little bit like leather, which makes the color justice especially if coupled with a leathery brown. I used it both as a main colour and a complimentary colour and have been ever since dye system was introduced.

Aerin Treerunner, pre dinner snack
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just tried this dye on my new DKs leather armour, nice brown result :)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A neon green would work for me, I could use it as a trim colour, giving my characters a magical look to their clothing.

I know some would hate that, but it would work better for me than Bilious green.

Isn't Hist Green borderline neon? I know there is one, but I just can't check at the moment.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Isn't Hist Green borderline neon? I know there is one, but I just can't check at the moment.

Yes, there are several colours that look Neon one certain peices, not sure Hist green is one, but probably it is.
    I really would like some more bright colours though, I tried to do my Sorceror in bright colours, but it's been a mixed bag with the dyes.
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule