Maintenance for the week of October 28:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 28, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – October 30, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alchemy Bilious Dye.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like it on the bosmer Light Armor because of how it darken the green slightly.

Since the Dyes are really "Stains" or rather "Filters" that add to or change the underlying color without totally covering it over, some Dyes are going to look different on different materials, so it's always good to experiment, especially since you can throw the changes out or redo them as much as you want.

I am not sure my self if would ever find something for the Alchemist Green that I would like, but maybe I would.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moonstone white really seems to glow on my ancient elf voidcloth shirt (3rd dye slot I think)
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milthalas wrote: »
    Moonstone white really seems to glow on my ancient elf voidcloth shirt (3rd dye slot I think)

It does, I've noticed this, too :) (and it is the 3rd dye slot, yes^^).
    Unfortunately, the same dye does not work at all on the shoulder parts, it's more like beige, I don't know why.
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raygee wrote: »
    milthalas wrote: »

It does, I've noticed this, too :) (and it is the 3rd dye slot, yes^^).
    Unfortunately, the same dye does not work at all on the shoulder parts, it's more like beige, I don't know why.

It's because the base colour affects how the dye works. If the colour before you add a dye is stronger/weaker in strength, then the dye colour is different. I find this especially apparent with Heay Armour trousers (greaves, I Know) the same colour I have working on the rest of the Armour needs tweeking to get a match

Some dye colours are stronger/weaker too, you have to play around to find the right combos.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just unlocked the level 50 dye from Alchemy, and it is awful, how is that colour a reward for maxing out a craft?.

No, scratch that, how is that colour a reward period?.

Please replace it with a colour that actually looks half decent.

OK, I have never liked any of the Greens on an armor up until recently. Mostly because green is not one of my favorite colors. However, I just crafted a set of Heavy Armor in the Barbaric style and on that armor, the only thing I could get to look good were greens and golds. I don't have the L50 dye unlocked, but I think even that would look decent as a trim color on that armor.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I just unlocked the level 50 dye from Alchemy, and it is awful, how is that colour a reward for maxing out a craft?.

No, scratch that, how is that colour a reward period?.

Please replace it with a colour that actually looks half decent.

OK, I have never liked any of the Greens on an armor up until recently. Mostly because green is not one of my favorite colors. However, I just crafted a set of Heavy Armor in the Barbaric style and on that armor, the only thing I could get to look good were greens and golds. I don't have the L50 dye unlocked, but I think even that would look decent as a trim color on that armor.

Actually I like most of the Greens, they don't suit everything, but I have tries looks on light and heavy armours using all of them, and they can work. This was one of the things that irritated me about the Bilious Greem, I just couldn't get it to work for me.

Obviously others can and have made Bilious Green work.

Recently Unlocked Entomolia Blue, and that is a dye I really really like, I can use that one easily. Although like a number of other dyes it can still get washed out by the base colour.
    11ryp9g.jpg
    Necromancer Blue/Atmoran Bronze/Etomolia Blue
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11ryp9g.jpg

It's the 5th beatle!

entomola_zpsafcdead7.jpg
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Muizer wrote: »
    11ryp9g.jpg

It's the 5th beatle!

entomola_zpsafcdead7.jpg

That's ok, Apart from being from the Wirral (the other side of the Mersey from Liverpool), my Altmer is dress to a theme. That theme is bright and colourful. So Job done then.

(My Dunmer is dressed Dark and Somber, and my Khajiit is dressed in light colours, but not necessarily bright ones. Just in case you were wondering what other themes I am using).
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Wizard's tenth rule