The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Where is the best place to obtain glyphs? in terms of being dropped?

KingRebz
KingRebz
✭✭✭
Title!
V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public Dungeons seem to have the best drop rates. Probably because there are so many mobs there is a better chance of getting them when you loot the corpse pile. Daedric enemies seem to drop them the most often outside of Public Dungeons. A public dungeon that has Deadra? You will be swimming in them, so Sanguines Demense would be a great place to farm. There is also a Merchant in there to sell trash and get repairs, so you never have to leave.

Also, the Zombies up near the Vile Lab drop them. Not sure if all the Undead drop them as much but Wraiths do drop them often too.

Edited by Nestor on October 1, 2014 7:37PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Public dungeons and Cyrodiil dungeons is what I have found. Also when I was at or just below level, the sabre cats in the Rift.

If you have a character in the 40s or higher, Vilage of the Lost in Coldharbour is a good place. In Ccyrodiil, loot levels to you (up to level 5, I think), so if you are higher level, that may be a good idea.

The Moot Councillor
  • AssaultLemming
    AssaultLemming
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are craglorn level I got tonnes doing the upper grind there.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭
    Public Dungeons are good but delves are as good. Maybe not all of them but most.
  • Gillysan
    Gillysan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Compared to how they dropped before you no longer even have to think about where to get them but how to manage all those glyphs dropping. I went from occasionally logging on my enchanter to clear the bank to frequently logging him in to clear bank and deconstruct. Have to deconstruct now because he runs out of glyph holding space all the time.

Unfortunately this is destroying the player economy of sharing or selling white glyphs for decon.
  • neueregel
    neueregel
    ✭✭✭
    I have found that VR zone crabs are good for Glyphs. They also have good loot too. I never attacked these from like level 20-VR4 because early on, they seemed like they had useless loot tables. But when I was about VR5, I killed one, and it had some good loot on it. So from then on, I iced all I saw...
    Edited by neueregel on October 2, 2014 5:32PM
    Are you not entertained?
    On my command, unleash hell!
    What we do in life echoes in eternity
  • KingRebz
    KingRebz
    ✭✭✭
    neueregel wrote: »
    I have found that VR zone crabs are good for Glyphs. They also have good loot too. I never attacked these from like level 20-VR4 because early on, they seemed like they had useless loot tables. But when I was about VR5, I killed one, and it had some good loot on it. So from then on, I iced all I saw...

I just tried your method and it works! ty!

V14 Sorceror [Ebonheart]
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skeevers and crabs.
  • Probitas
    Probitas
    ✭✭✭
    Kill NPC spellcasters.