Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Thanks, but no thanks for the idiotic end of campaign reward

• Columba
    Columba
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanthro wrote: »
    Columba wrote: »
    If gold means so much to you, go grind in pve. Most of us find pvp rewarding in and of itself
    If I spend all weekend helping you move, and you offer me a hearty thank you, that is enough.
    If you turn around and hand me $5 for me trouble, I'm insulted.
    The end of campaign rewards are insulting. They are a slap in the face. They don't even pay for a single night of potions and stones for Resurrection.
    Getting nothing at all would have been less insulting, as $6,500 gold is literally meaningless.
    And to those talking about getting experience and AP, I've long been VR12 and spend over 50K in AP daily and still have 600,000. It's pretty much useless at this point.
    What would have been nice is enough money to buy a stack of potions at least, or some crafting materials, or stones, but don't insult me with a worthless amount of gold.

Lol you aren't helping someone move. You are competing. If someone handed me $5 after playing a game of ultimate frisbee, I'd be fine with it. Your analogy is horrible.
    Options
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    There are 48-49 daily, repeatable city quests in Cyrodiil. You can easily complete 20 of them in 60-90 minutes. That is 6040g not including the gold dropped by the mobs. Compare that to the rewards for 30 days of service in Thornblade.

If you are gold short in Cyrodiil, there are easy ways to earn it (and easy ways to stop spending it) if you feel the end of campaign rewards are too small.

Just what we need...more PvE in Cyrodiil. :)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
    Options
  • Shizashane
    Shizashane
    ✭✭✭
    Join your Red Bannered Brothers in Chillrend, The Pacts bloodlust never stops flowing there! Even when its full I usually wait in line for like 10 mins! Well worth the wait for non stop battle.
    "Sound the charge, into glory ride! 10,000 side by side"
    Options
  • Xanthro
    Xanthro
    ✭✭✭
    Xanthro wrote: »
    If gold means so much to you, go grind in pve. Most of us find pvp rewarding in and of itself
    If I spend all weekend helping you move, and you offer me a hearty thank you, that is enough.
    If you turn around and hand me $5 for me trouble, I'm insulted.
    The end of campaign rewards are insulting. They are a slap in the face. They don't even pay for a single night of potions and stones for Resurrection.
    Getting nothing at all would have been less insulting, as $6,500 gold is literally meaningless.
    And to those talking about getting experience and AP, I've long been VR12 and spend over 50K in AP daily and still have 600,000. It's pretty much useless at this point.
    What would have been nice is enough money to buy a stack of potions at least, or some crafting materials, or stones, but don't insult me with a worthless amount of gold.

Lol you aren't helping someone move. You are competing. If someone handed me $5 after playing a game of ultimate frisbee, I'd be fine with it. Your analogy is horrible.

Apparently, the concept of being insulted is beyond your mental capacity.
    If I played ultimate frisbee and someone handed me $5 for my play in the game, I like a normal human being would be insulted. You seem to be so desperate to buy a Big Mac that you'd grab the money and run.
    It's a pretty simple concept, don't have insulting rewards in a game. If your rewards are insulting, it is far worse than not having rewards. Virtual monetary rewards are already very poorly thought out and pretty meaningless, but to make them a pittance is just rubbing salt in the wound of poorly conceived reward.
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought about this yesterday..The rich get richer..the poor get poorer. We need an Emporercare program where the winners have to give part of their winning to the losers. Yes. this will work..socialized gaming..you pay for me to lose and make me feel better about losing. Thank you.!
    Options
  • purgation
    purgation
    ✭✭
    I thought about this yesterday..The rich get richer..the poor get poorer. We need an Emporercare program where the winners have to give part of their winning to the losers. Yes. this will work..socialized gaming..you pay for me to lose and make me feel better about losing. Thank you.!

Much like in real life, things don't work out well for anyone when lots of people decide to stop playing the game.

Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had to add that although I think the reward is lame (and was in 90 day too) the future does look brighter with addition of Imperial City. Now that will be some worthy incentive/reward I think.
    Options
  • thelordoffelines
    thelordoffelines
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omg I showed up for pvp, I deserve 100k!
    Options