Mages Guild bug?

xJester1x
xJester1x
✭✭
I played the game up to Veteran rank 2 without doing the Mage's Guild questline. Recently, one of my friends told me that the Mages Guild has Sheogorath, who is one of my favourite Daedric Princes, so I decided to give it a try. Because I'm Vet. rank 2, the skill line skipped staight to level 9 and I began going through the quests which were easy as anything because I was so overlevelled.
However, when I completed the Circus of Cheerful Slaughter quest in Shadowfen, Shalidor didn't show up and I couldn't start the next quest. I then headed to Windhelm, where the internet said the next quest started and from the screenshots, you can see that Valaste says what I think is the starting dialogue for the quest but I can't start it.xtw3c49mdrd6.png
I've tried repairing it in the launcher, I've submitted a bug report, I had a short conversation with customer support over email which didn't help...

Is anyone else having or had this problem? If so, how do I fix it?

P.S. I'm in the Ebonheart Pact

vo9ze7hkafil.png
36whu26au9j3.png

Blood for the Pact!
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Interesting, go to the mages guildhall in the main city in the previous zone and see if it triggers Shalidor to appear
    Edited by elias.stormneb18_ESO on September 14, 2014 4:46PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @xJester1x,

Shalidor should appear to you outside of the Mage's Guild in Windhelm to grant you this quest. Let us know if he doesn't show up!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • xJester1x
    xJester1x
    ✭✭
    @elias.stormneb18_ESO
    I've tried everything. I've gone to all the guildhalls, went inside and out, went through all the dialogue with all the people in the guildhalls and still nothing.
    Blood for the Pact!
  • Roarcach
    Roarcach
    Soul Shriven
    Same with me.... I cant get the next quest (mad gods bargain) im already lvl 5 mages guild and my char is lvl 47... I've already asked support about this.... Even they do not know...