Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All sticks, No Carrot.

Soloeus
Soloeus
✭✭✭✭✭
This game as title, is all stick without any carrots because the carrots were removed and replaced with nerfbats. Solo Players can't perform any activity to get loot/exp in vet zones. The only way to gain exp or loot is to join some elitist jerks who you don't like just so you can download third party software and hear their annoying voices.

I want solo play to be part of the game again, I want carrots. This all stick thing really sucks, broken quests and achievements, broken ebonheart pact skill points leaving me some 10 skill points behind every "equal" of other factions, etc.

ZOS, you have plenty of sticks but no carrots. With your nerfs to loot, you took out all the fun. Everything you want us to perform to get level, is just work. Boring, smelly, work. As in, "I have to grind my way through this paperwork to get to that paperwork so I can finish this paperwork then finish that paperwork."

Edited by Soloeus on June 16, 2014 2:59PM

Within; Without.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My sorc is now level 49 and I will stop at 50 and start a new character. No way I am doing vet levels as they currently stand. I'll get back on my sorc if and when ZOS makes vet level levelling fun and soloable.
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR1 on a couple of my alts at the moment. I am pushing one of them to VR2 just to get the costume, but not sure if I will progress much further.

Would love to complete all the achievements in the game, but since you have to do it on each and every character rather than having it account based, not sure I will ever be THAT motivated.
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What costume? That might motivate me too to do one level of vet.
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leveling WAS fun until they broke dungeons. I can't even reliably tell you how many skill points exists in Vet 1-5 lands because many of them are broken. But the same character from a different faction will have earned more skill points by the time completing vet 5 faction.

I guess Ebonheart Pact was designed by ZOS to be weaker.
    Oh, you get a Golden Saint costume at V2 and a Dark Seducer at V6.

Within; Without.
  • Squarcle
    Squarcle
    ✭✭✭
    golden saint costume lol I feel you man.. my main is v2.5 and that's from solo pvp and random groups of people failing vet spindleclutch forcing me to try it 30 times with other random groups that cant even dps down the bloodspawn or the next guy who spawns 5 billion adds, furthest I got was to the final vamp boss and what happens? healer quits because his gear is broken and its his bedtime.. after he left we had no group leader cus buggy grouping system = we all had to quit YAY
  • elblobbob14_ESO
    elblobbob14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What costume? That might motivate me too to do one level of vet.

You get a costume at VR2, VR6, and VR10.
    and... here's your link :)
    http://eso-fashion.com/disguises/

• Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is V7 and the loot drops up here are like, worthless. Bangkorai has, I would guess one loot item per 200-300 kills. You know, enough to ensure you earn 1/100'th your repair cost back.

The only way to "get more" is grouping with people I don't like who want you to download weird third party programs that make the game lag worse than it already does.

Voice Chat shouldn't be the deciding factor in whether or not you are permitted to get loot.

Within; Without.
  • Depechenova
    Depechenova
    ✭✭
    I totally agree OP, I lvl'd up a v-3 temp, saw where that was going (i.e terrible and no cc and unwanted in higher lvl dungeons). Then I reroll'd sorc , got her to v-12, did all of the cadwell stuff, and for what a terrible blue necklace. I was gutted to finish off the cadwell stuff with a wimper the game sort of insults u for doing the most boring content I have ever witnessed in any mmo.
    I was hugely looking forward to playing this game and 2 months in after paying for a 180 sub, with 120 odd days left, am walking away uninstalling . Today I gave away everything I had to my guild ldr. Scabby stick to go with the lack of a carrot is the way I'd put it.
    Such a shame for the name Bethseda is truly tarnished in climbing into bed with such a cheap *** as Zenimax.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soloeus wrote: »
    Voice Chat shouldn't be the deciding factor in whether or not you are permitted to get loot.
    Concur. Don't like voice chat when grouping. Screws with immersion, at least for me.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paperwork=ception

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am definitely not quitting. It will be a hard sell for me to re-sub when my time runs out which is fine with me. The big things like 1-5 ability bar (10 abilities that becomes 8 for a conjurer who needs 2 pets on both bars) won't change because they are design philosophy and ZOS isn't going to change their behavior or belief.

Likewise the loot nerfs will continue and all crafting mats will sell to vendor for 0, and all armor will break after 3 battles and cost 3x to repair, respec will always bankrupt you. Auction House won't change so I will be unable to vendor things I am unable to sell to players.

So, the question is, what "improvements" can make it better? None of them will change the greater picture anyway, right? It will still be a 1-5 skill bar. Your items will still get 0 or close to from vendors. You will still see all of your favorite abilities get nerfed down to be as bad as your bad abilities you don't have space to use.
    Edited by Soloeus on June 16, 2014 4:20PM

Within; Without.
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh there are carrots. Like I said in another thread the other day, they are there, you just don't want them, trust me. They don't taste right....

Moldy-carrots.jpeg
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what anyone here is referring to where grouping "requires" VOIP other than Cyro and that's perfectly understandable. ESO is soloable all the way until Craglorn and even then you can solo much of Craglorn if you're good. This is coming from a person who's main is a NB and was 100% ST Archer style build until VR6 when I switched over to Destro, I was already Resto as my alt bar.

Things that aren't and shouldn't be soloable in an MMO:

-Instanced Dungeons (no need for VOIP)
    -Zone/World bosses (no need for VOIP)
    -Raids/Trials (likely will need VOIP)

Other than PvP in ESO or the above mentioned areas, there is no reason you can't go solo your way to the top in ESO. Hell you CAN solo PvP in ESO you just might not be able to join a very large group, but who's to say you can't run along with them.
  • Adrastes
    Adrastes
    ✭✭✭
    need better loot, less forced group content and weaker VR level trashmobs and limit their numbers in one group. also NPC healers are unreal. FIX. :|
    Edited by Adrastes on June 16, 2014 4:47PM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreySix wrote: »
    Soloeus wrote: »
    Concur. Don't like voice chat when grouping. Screws with immersion, at least for me.

You've never grouped with people who use it right then. Being able to say, hey this monster over here is killing your healer beats having to try to defend yourself and type the same message! It's also helpful when your tank says I'm pulling "Now". Instead of just running off without everyone being ready!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!