The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread, "ESO's 10 Year Anniversary Celebration Starts Now!"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
pn9eajsuwfkx.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "ESO's 10 Year Anniversary Celebration Starts Now!"

"Join us for 15 months of reveals, retrospectives, rewards, and more as we celebrate 10 amazing years of The Elder Scrolls Online."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on 6 May 2024 18:23
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed by the lack of Grimoires for the Werewolf skill line. Werewolves won't be able to use the Scribing system without a Werewolf Grimoire because werewolves can only slot Werewolf skills.
    PC/NA — Lone Werewolf, the Templar Khajiit Werewolf

Werewolf Should be Allowed to Sneak
    Options
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    July-Dec
    ki548qf3f5qz.png

"SPOTLIGHT TO BE UNLOCKED"

I'm on some mega copium that's Veteran Overland, even though the chance of that is 0.000000000000000001%

Looking forward to a PvP system. Be cool if it was separate balancing of PvE/PvP.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God I hope not.
    Options
  • Karminathevamp
    Karminathevamp
    ✭✭✭
    Where are the Orcs in all your posters? We see all other races but not the Orcs. Why? :/
    Master Angler
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to a PvP system. Be cool if it was separate balancing of PvE/PvP.

I would love that. But at this point, I have given up on doing trials and any challenging group PvE because I got tired of keep track of rebalancing. Honestly, I never quite recovered from nerfing bash at launch. That was when I learned that games like this are chaotic and breaking your build is to be expected.
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    July-Dec
    ki548qf3f5qz.png

I'm on some mega copium that's Veteran Overland, even though the chance of that is 0.000000000000000001%

"Spotlight" doesn't sound like update or a new content or system to me. The first use of "Spotlight" in that image is the Thieves Guild Spotlight, which is described in the article as a "promotion." I wonder if it's like how we had a Wrothgar promotion, which included a DLC giveaway and cosmetics.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are the Anniversary Jubilee drop rates so terrible? This is supposed to be a celebration. People are not happy, read your forum, read zone chat.
    • As an extremely small chance from any fishing node during the Jubilee, you may find outfit style pages for the Trueflame Sword Replica. Yes, really!
    • Any Dolmen reward chest has a chance to contain a style page for the Staff of Worms Replica, in recognition (though not honor) of Mannimarco’s dark deeds.
    • Any World Boss in Vvardenfell has a chance to drop a style page for either the Sunna’rah Replica or the Barbas Helmet Replica, as seen during that Chapter’s story.
    • Any Geyser in Summerset has a chance to drop a style page for the Ul’vor Staff, as seen during that Chapter’s story.
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the Orcs in all your posters? We see all other races but not the Orcs. Why? :/

It's an aesthetics thing. The same reason they make the Dunmer look like humans with brown or blue eyes and fake pointy ears in the trailers.

Pretty sells, ugly doesn't. Just basic marketing 101.

Edited by Jaraal on 6 April 2024 00:26
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are the Anniversary Jubilee drop rates so terrible? This is supposed to be a celebration. People are not happy, read your forum, read zone chat.
    • As an extremely small chance from any fishing node during the Jubilee, you may find outfit style pages for the Trueflame Sword Replica. Yes, really!
    • Any Dolmen reward chest has a chance to contain a style page for the Staff of Worms Replica, in recognition (though not honor) of Mannimarco’s dark deeds.
    • Any World Boss in Vvardenfell has a chance to drop a style page for either the Sunna’rah Replica or the Barbas Helmet Replica, as seen during that Chapter’s story.
    • Any Geyser in Summerset has a chance to drop a style page for the Ul’vor Staff, as seen during that Chapter’s story.

I beg to differ: if drop rates were terrible, that'd be an improvement!

@ZOS_Kevin , I've seen people in zone chat saying they'd been farming, often unsuccessfully, for up to 17 (yes, seventeen) hours! In Vvardenfell, someone claimed to have spent about 8 hours killing WBs with no luck. The rates are so bad getting the Ul'vor Staff after 3 hours was seen as not a big deal. I was so spent after doing 34 dolmens that I didn't even feel any joy when the Staff of Worms at last dropped for me. And getting it after "only" 34 was considered "lucky" by some!

I understand wanting players to play the game during the jubilee. However, I'd rather have fond memories of the 10-year anniversary instead of going through a painful grind.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event is going to last nearly 3 weeks. If you had gotten all of your outfit style drops on Day 1, what would you do for the rest of the event?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The event is going to last nearly 3 weeks. If you had gotten all of your outfit style drops on Day 1, what would you do for the rest of the event?

I would've done things I like, going for the reward boxes and enjoying the double XP, perhaps even getting my half-forgotten arcanist closer to 50.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would've done things I like, going for the reward boxes and enjoying the double XP, perhaps even getting my half-forgotten arcanist closer to 50.

Oddly enough, I'm doing the things I like right now, instead of grinding WBs or dolmens or geysers for hours on end. I'll make sure to do some fishing, WBs, geysers, and dolmens during the event, but grinding any or all of those things isn't the sort of thing I like to do, so I'm not going to prioritize grinding when I can prioritize the things I like instead.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So we are supposed to celebrate with another tedious grind? No, thanks. This is not my second job.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oddly enough, I'm doing the things I like right now, instead of grinding WBs or dolmens or geysers for hours on end. I'll make sure to do some fishing, WBs, geysers, and dolmens during the event, but grinding any or all of those things isn't the sort of thing I like to do, so I'm not going to prioritize grinding when I can prioritize the things I like instead.

Then a more generous drop rate for the style pages wouldn't leave you without anything to do for the next 3 weeks.
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was disappointed by the lack of Grimoires for the Werewolf skill line. Werewolves won't be able to use the Scribing system without a Werewolf Grimoire because werewolves can only slot Werewolf skills.

ZOS is updating each previous system they introduced in every Chapter at least, sometimes even in DLCs. I‘m absolutely sure we’re getting more Scribing skills with almost every update. I‘m sure in Q3 and Q4 this year they add more skill lines like Support, Vampire, Werewolf, Undaunted and Psijik. After that they can go over class skill lines.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then a more generous drop rate for the style pages wouldn't leave you without anything to do for the next 3 weeks.

You'd still be able to farm boxes like with the other events. And do so with a variety of activities instead of just dolmens over and over.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 April 2024 20:16
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

You'd still be able to farm boxes like with the other events. And do so with a variety of activities instead of just dolmens over and over.

Exactly. I'm getting the FOMO grinds out of the way first, then I can relax and play the event the way I prefer.
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Exactly. I'm getting the FOMO grinds out of the way first, then I can relax and play the event the way I prefer.

That's what I am doing as well. And it's made the event pretty tedious. But I really want the staff that drops from the Dolmens not just because it's FOMO but also because it would work well on an outfit I like. What should have been a fun reward turned into a grind.

I like rare stuff but not locked behind tedious and limited time only grinds. I'd prefer they were linked to challenges. At least with stuff that's a grind that is always available, I can work on it slowly whenever I feel like it.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 6 April 2024 20:46
    Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

ZOS is updating each previous system they introduced in every Chapter at least, sometimes even in DLCs. I‘m absolutely sure we’re getting more Scribing skills with almost every update. I‘m sure in Q3 and Q4 this year they add more skill lines like Support, Vampire, Werewolf, Undaunted and Psijik. After that they can go over class skill lines.

I would appreciate an update to the Scribing system in Q3 or Q4 2024, but I would think Q2 2025 with next year's Chapter would be the earliest we'd get anything.

Though, that does make me wonder exactly when we'd get updates to other features — since we're getting 2024's Companions in Q4, maybe this means we might expect updates for things like Scribing or the Infinite Archive to take place at any time of the year, not just in Q2.

I'll remain hopeful for some new updates for those features to come around.

Options
  • Erickson9610
    Erickson9610
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll say though, the Grimoires which were shown were all really cool. I'm excited to use the feature on my human form bar, and I do hope we get more Grimoires for the human form as well.

Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

I would appreciate an update to the Scribing system in Q3 or Q4 2024, but I would think Q2 2025 with next year's Chapter would be the earliest we'd get anything.

Though, that does make me wonder exactly when we'd get updates to other features — since we're getting 2024's Companions in Q4, maybe this means we might expect updates for things like Scribing or the Infinite Archive to take place at any time of the year, not just in Q2.

I'll remain hopeful for some new updates for those features to come around.

Tales of Tribute released in Q2/22, yet we got two new decks last year, one in Q2 with the Chapter and one in Q4 with the Infinite Archive. We‘re getting another new deck with the Chapter this year again. In 2022 they also introduced another deck for Tales in the DLC later that year. Based on this I am pretty sure we’re getting additional Scribing skills and skill styles at least in one of the other DLCs this year.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to add my opinion that giving the five special style pages such a small chance to drop AND making them bound has turned something that is supposed to be positive and special, a big 10 year anniversary reward, into a terrible slog that has created negative feelings in some of the players.

Today I spent two hours doing geyser after geyser, and finally got that staff. It really didn’t seem like anybody around me were having any fun, it was just an air of quiet desperation, with sometimes people saying they finally got it and can finally go off and do something fun during the event, or bemoan the fact that they have more grinding to do for the other styles. Some people in zone chat were saying things like they had been grinding the geysers for up to 17 hours. Sometimes people would just stop and zone out, leaving us to wonder if they had finally gotten their items or just given up.

Heartened by finally getting it, I proceeded to spend the next six hours of my playtime first grinding dolmens with no success, then giving up and going to VardenFAIL for the world boss grind, again with no success. Then today’s playtime came to an end. I can only devote this much time in a single day on the weekend, I will not be able to do more than normal endeavors and such through the week, so I only have a few more chances to try to get these items. I think either the chance for them to drop should be higher, or they should be tradable.

Now, I know some people will say that I don’t have to have the items, and that it’s my choice to grind for them if I do really want them, or that I could choose to give up getting them and do something that is more enjoyable during the anniversary event. And there are those that will say they got theirs on the first second or third try, and that RNG just sucks that’s too bad. But again, these style pages are something special for the 10th anniversary celebration, and it would be a shame to miss out on those forever simply because we don’t have time to spend hour after hour during the entire event just doing the same thing over and over and over.
    Edited by Elvenheart on 7 April 2024 03:23
    Options
  • DorisOThDead
    There was a video played at the end of the event in Amsterdam that had been filmed over the course of the event - will that be uploaded to Youtube too? I'd love to watch it again ^_^ @ZOS_Kevin
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been running dailies that tie into the drops, but so far that’s only worked for Dolmens. Only one character has the Geyser daily unlocked, there isn’t one for fishing and no one is making World Boss quest groups in Vvardenfell. (Yes, I know, I can start my own. Once I’ve got all six Companions sorted with their Guild skills, I will. It can’t just be me doing it though! Back in the original Orsinium days there would be two or three running at any given time…)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been running dailies that tie into the drops, but so far that’s only worked for Dolmens. Only one character has the Geyser daily unlocked, there isn’t one for fishing and no one is making World Boss quest groups in Vvardenfell. (Yes, I know, I can start my own. Once I’ve got all six Companions sorted with their Guild skills, I will. It can’t just be me doing it though! Back in the original Orsinium days there would be two or three running at any given time…)

Because nobody is actually doing the dailies. Since you get a drop from the boss itself, most people aren’t bothering to travel around to get/turn in the daily and instead just camp out at one boss (seems to be Queens Consort more often than not), then zone out for 4-ish minutes waiting for respawn.

PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    (seems to be Queens Consort more often than not)

That's because that boss has the fewest mechanics to deal with, and can be killed in seconds. Other bosses, such as Songbird, have mechanics such as her waves of trash before she even drops down to be targetable. And the bosses respawn five minutes after they are killed, not five minutes after they spawn. So some are more efficient to farm than others.

That said, I still spent 20 hours killing the Consort before I got both drops.

Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    (seems to be Queens Consort more often than not)

That's because that boss has the fewest mechanics to deal with, and can be killed in seconds. Other bosses, such as Songbird, have mechanics such as her waves of trash before she even drops down to be targetable. And the bosses respawn five minutes after they are killed, not five minutes after they spawn. So some are more efficient to farm than others.

That said, I still spent 20 hours killing the Consort before I got both drops.

Oh, it makes sense. It’s what I did as well. Just explaining where everyone might be if someone’s not seeing them elsewhere.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    Options
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because nobody is actually doing the dailies. Since you get a drop from the boss itself, most people aren’t bothering to travel around to get/turn in the daily and instead just camp out at one boss (seems to be Queens Consort more often than not), then zone out for 4-ish minutes waiting for respawn.

I tried doing that today, but I really don't have the patience. Guess I'll just be doing the dailies in the DLCs going forward.

I did wonder if anyone would bother doing Wuyuvus, I did that on day 1 of the event, and there was no one else there.
    Edited by BretonMage on 8 April 2024 17:36
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BretonMage wrote: »

I tried doing that today, but I really don't have the patience. Guess I'll just be doing the dailies in the DLCs going forward.

I did wonder if anyone would bother doing Wuyuvus, I did that on day 1 of the event, and there was no one else there.

Yeah, day one I did a loop and did all but Songbird (I didn’t want to swim, lol) and then did a couple pretty much solo when I got bored of standing in the same place for awhile.

PC/NA

Meet my characters :
    Options
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless I missed something, there aren't any Bosmer in this poster either.
    July-Dec
    ki548qf3f5qz.png

"Spotlight" doesn't sound like update or a new content or system to me. The first use of "Spotlight" in that image is the Thieves Guild Spotlight, which is described in the article as a "promotion." I wonder if it's like how we had a Wrothgar promotion, which included a DLC giveaway and cosmetics.

My guess is they are going to have events and promotions for each chapter/DLC in the order in which they were released over the course of the year+ long anniversary celebration.

Edited by Kallykat on 8 April 2024 23:43
    Options