The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Critical: Mundus Stones not working!

LazerusKI
LazerusKI
✭✭✭
I just created a v9 godlike item that increases my effect from mundus stones by 7%.
I had "The Thief" activated (increased crit chance).
Before equipping that item my rating was at 37%. After equipping it my rating was at 37%.
so...i was a little bit confused, so i went to another mundus stone, "The Shadow".
After changing it...my critical hit chance was still at 37%.

So i tried a few other stones.
The Lady? (Armor) No effect
The Shadow? (Crit Damage) Dont know, we cant see the numbers.
i dont want to run to the others to check them. I know that "The Lord" is working...but what about the rest? Seems to be perfectly bugged at the moment.
  • wavelengthsf
    The mage is working as well.

There's also people saying that the thief only affects weapon crit - not spell crit.
  • Juponen
    Juponen
    ✭✭✭
    Bug? Yes
    Annoying? Yes
    Has effect on playing? Yes
    Critical? No

A boy called wolf.
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    The mage is working as well.

There's also people saying that the thief only affects weapon crit - not spell crit.

currently...it does affect nothing...
    Screenshot of the naked me.
    Left with the Lord, right with The Thief
    Edited by LazerusKI on April 21, 2014 4:30PM
  • Garrett_hardy_ESO
    They are applying but having NO effect. Just like some of the item enchant and weapon enchants.
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    They are applying but having NO effect. Just like some of the item enchant and weapon enchants.
    or like some passives..."Twin Blade and Blunt"
    what was the effect with daggers again...oh wait! Critical hit chance!

They have to fix these Ability problems, buffs, passives etc VERY SOON...Wildstar is allready knocking the door.
    Edited by LazerusKI on April 21, 2014 4:38PM
  • Garrett_hardy_ESO
    LazerusKI wrote: »

They have to fix these Ability problems, buffs, passives etc VERY SOON...Wildstar is allready knocking the door.

OHH I know I am so stoked for Wildstar. The actual gameplay and questing looks very boring. But when I played in the Beta. the dungeons and BOSSES got my hooked. I almost quit playing it before I hit 20 because I didn't think it would get better. But as soon as I tried a dungeon. I knew I would be addicted to the game. They are difficult and challenging, yet very FAIR. you don't die because the boss simply puts out to much damage or your healer forgot to heal you. You die because you didn't know the strategy or you couldn't correctly navigate out of the damage and the boss fights are so unique. Not just run of the mill skills with changed appearances. They are epic.
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭

OHH I know I am so stoked for Wildstar. The actual gameplay and questing looks very boring. But when I played in the Beta. the dungeons and BOSSES got my hooked. I almost quit playing it before I hit 20 because I didn't think it would get better. But as soon as I tried a dungeon. I knew I would be addicted to the game. They are difficult and challenging, yet very FAIR. you don't die because the boss simply puts out to much damage or your healer forgot to heal you. You die because you didn't know the strategy or you couldn't correctly navigate out of the damage and the boss fights are so unique. Not just run of the mill skills with changed appearances. They are epic.

i dont want to hype for wildstar, i played both, ESO and Wildstar during beta and i quit Wildstar because the controls were horrible, the questing was boring, the jobs were also not that great, and the housing...i dont know, that was actually fun.
    ESO dungeons are currently simply unfair for veterans. we tried Spindleclutch yesterday, and Vorenor Winterbourne was just unfair. his teleport jump killed all our healer and mages even if they blocked. i was V9 NB and got hit for 50%...that was simply not fun at all.

All the ability bugs, broken bosses, fight etc are ruining this game currently.
    good that they fix quests...but if its not fun to play them, then there is no use for it...
    Edited by LazerusKI on April 21, 2014 7:08PM
  • Garrett_hardy_ESO
    I agree. I want to try craglorn adventure zone and 12 man trials before I make any judgment on it. I just don't think (from whats been tested so far) that there will be true difficulty in ESO dungeons and etc. Now a boss just putting out so much damage, is not difficulty. I am talking as far boss mechanics. Having to move. The combat system is too lackluster for this and there are not the skill types that will allow (unless more skill morphs and etc are added) to actually have challenging and rewarding boss battles. I play a tank and I love playing tanks in MMO's. But there isn't much tanking to go on. Nothing really difficult and challenging. No multi-tank fights (yet there is still 12 man trials) and a lot of challenge and personal achievement lacking. So I will be playing Wildstar for the 20-50 content and then wait for EQ next to come out and play that. That is going to be a F2P sandbox MMO.

What are your viewpoints on ESO as far as challenging dungeons/Trials. I know no one has got to do trials though.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, we're aware that there's an issue with mundus stones, and it should be fixed in a future patch. Thanks for the reports!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

can we get a visible "critical damage multiplier" for the "The Shadow" stone in the same patch? please?
    also...whyis my 37% critical hit chance reduced to 13% in pvp?
    Edited by LazerusKI on April 21, 2014 7:26PM
  • Daemoneyes
    Daemoneyes
    ✭✭
    Hey everyone, we're aware that there's an issue with mundus stones, and it should be fixed in a future patch. Thanks for the reports!
    Future Patch, your excuse for everything.
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭

Thanks Gina for the acknowledgement that this is in the works :)
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Garrett_hardy_ESO
    Daemoneyes wrote: »
    Hey at least she is acknowledging the issue and we know it will be addressed. Lay-off. There are many issues and this one is not game breaking. So cut them some slack. Yes a lot of the stuff upsets me but no reason to be rude. There are other issues that are more pressing than this one.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, Thank you for your time and I hope it gets fixed soon. Could we possibly get some tool-tip updates for them to explain. "The Ritual" mundus says " increases healing effectiveness" Is that healing done effectiveness or healing received effectiveness. OR my FAVORITE. increases healing received and done effectiveness, which would be the best option
    Edited by Garrett_hardy_ESO on April 21, 2014 7:36PM
  • Garrett_hardy_ESO
    *edited*
  • Crazysam87
    Juponen wrote: »
    Bug? Yes
    Annoying? Yes
    Has effect on playing? Yes
    Critical? No

A boy called wolf.

^

• Atheris
    Atheris

Sadly sounds like wow al over again....a future patch.
  • darkkterror_ESO
    darkkterror_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Do you expect them to go back in time and fix it in a previous patch or something?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey at least she is acknowledging the issue and we know it will be addressed. Lay-off. There are many issues and this one is not game breaking. So cut them some slack. Yes a lot of the stuff upsets me but no reason to be rude. There are other issues that are more pressing than this one.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, Thank you for your time and I hope it gets fixed soon. Could we possibly get some tool-tip updates for them to explain. "The Ritual" mundus says " increases healing effectiveness" Is that healing done effectiveness or healing received effectiveness. OR my FAVORITE. increases healing received and done effectiveness, which would be the best option
    Yes, that's something we're planning to implement pretty soon as well.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

It only gets better, which sadly, cannot be said about this game.
  • alive741
    alive741
    And if they took the servers down right now to fix this? You would say, "omg too much downtime, why the servers always down when I wanna play!"

Get some real issues before complaining, 1 lockout bc my collectors edition didn't ship, 1 bank bug for 10 days then a perma ban for "exploiting" when I did nothing wrong. I complained about the ban, loudly, nothing else. The ban was a bit over the top.
  • Xaaz
    Xaaz
    ✭✭✭

LOL - sure buddy, Future patch. The only future patch I will download is from Wildstar.
  • LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    Xaaz wrote: »

LOL - sure buddy, Future patch. The only future patch I will download is from Wildstar.
    actually...thats how i feel right how.
    everything i could possibly do right now (nearly all quests done, still at the beginning of v9) is bugged.
    PVP? Bugged as hell, because everything on NB Vampires is bugged.
    Stun does not work, cloak does not work, vamp does not work, passives dont work...but hay, fire hurts us and shieldbash interrupts us permanently. its fun, seriously.
    Crafting? there is not enough leather to craft with and the research time takes ages.
    Bosses? all bugged in v10 for EP.
    Dungeons? They are unfair as hell with unblockable boss attacks that will onehit light-armor players.

• KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just created a v9 godlike item that increases my effect from mundus stones by 7%.
    I had "The Thief" activated (increased crit chance).
    Before equipping that item my rating was at 37%. After equipping it my rating was at 37%.
    so...i was a little bit confused, so i went to another mundus stone, "The Shadow".
    After changing it...my critical hit chance was still at 37%.

So i tried a few other stones.
    The Lady? (Armor) No effect
    The Shadow? (Crit Damage) Dont know, we cant see the numbers.
    i dont want to run to the others to check them. I know that "The Lord" is working...but what about the rest? Seems to be perfectly bugged at the moment.
    There is nothing CRITICAL about this problem at all, stop being melodramatic and trying to get attention for yourself by putting CRITICAL in the thread title!
    Edited by KerinKor on April 22, 2014 5:10AM
  • Deloria
    Deloria
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking as a Nightblade with "The Thief" active.. I don't think its worth making a fuss about right now. I see it more like a "You will get a few extra percent eventually" kind of thing. Hardly critical..
  • htoncic
    htoncic
    ✭✭✭
    LOL Wildstar. That game has a very serious bug with it's engine. It looks like a Pixar cartoon. If you're hoping endgame content there is better than here, don't hold your breath. I've watched a stream of a raid during one of the betas. You know how in Wildstar every mob emotes it's attacks for you, so you know when and how to avoid them? Well, raid bosses paint their encounters red with emotes. Players need to find that sweet spot in-between the intricate shapes where they're safe. That's all you do. Watch shapes on the floor, don't stand in them, all the while your macro is hitting the boss. And that's it. Boss after boss. How exciting.

But hey, go for it, they have forums too, you can complain there about how the next MMO to come out is going to be better.
  • Wreaken
    Wreaken
    ✭✭✭
    Xaaz wrote: »

It only gets better, which sadly, cannot be said about this game.

I strongly disagree.

if you aren't in Vet content and basing your opinion off pre 1 - 50, then you have no place to make such a claim.

Wildstar on the other hand is a a clone of another game I will not mention. NCsoft has a bad reputation of shooting themselves in the foot, I see no difference from their newest edition to their money grab scheme from Wildstar.

I tend to play every MMORPG that hits the market and after beta testing Wildstar and experiencing both group dungeons and solo gameplay, I am steering clear of Wildstar and sticking it out in ESO which has far more future potential then Wildstar.

Taemek Frozenberg, Leader of <Epoch Gaming>
    Oceanic - Australia
  • Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    Which mundus stones actually work?
  • Glissando
    Glissando
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

can we get a visible "critical damage multiplier" for the "The Shadow" stone in the same patch? please?
    also...whyis my 37% critical hit chance reduced to 13% in pvp?

While we're at it,can we also get a visible number for the attack speed?not that the trait or skills affect AS in any way,it seems bugged as hell.
  • Kililin
    Kililin
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game needs an official bug tracker at least you could just read up there what is currently working and what is still in development.
    It is intolerable that major research is needed to evaluate any build idea because lots of features do not work as advertised ingame.
    People get into higher VRanks and investments are greater there, i think it is gamebreaking when stuff is simply not working.

• LazerusKI
    LazerusKI
    ✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    There is nothing CRITICAL about this problem at all, stop being melodramatic and trying to get attention for yourself by putting CRITICAL in the thread title!

its simply one of many smaller pieces that totally break for example the NB as a class.
    Other pieces would be the disabled passive effects after death, not working passives, not working abilities, disabled effects in PVP...
    Because of them, specific crafted gear wont work...
    if you find all of them, you will see their effect as a whole, and then you will understand how a single smaller piece is indeed a critical, gamebreaking problem.

BUT i think the "Critical" in the title was meant as in "Critical Mundus Stones not working" Because "Thief" wont work and "Shadow" cant be seen, both of them affect the Critical Hit status. I think i was too tired when i wrote it, dont remember^^
    Edited by LazerusKI on April 22, 2014 12:05PM