Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Everything in my bank is gone/deleted while playing

• Iorail
    Iorail
    ✭✭✭✭
    It just happen to me yet again, this time, I had not upgrade the bank at all and it's only happening when on peak times and I switch to an alt, I have now 50 emails on my account from getting the 5 mails every time this happens. I guess i have to manually claim the rewards 50 times and take that as compensation, cause it's looking like we will not get nothing resolve.....

Edit: also, there is extreme lag, extreme chat lag, no guilds or guilds coming and going, addon's windows were all reset to default position and there when you actually join all your guilds, there is no guild chat and there is extreme mail lag when sending.
    Edited by Iorail on April 14, 2014 12:49AM
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Again already? The NA-server just got out of a maintenance!
    Better log out.
    I´ve heard of research resets and even character wipes last time the server got this wonky. :s
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • Qhival
    Qhival
    ✭✭✭
    i just lost 40 bank upgrade slots and recieved all the starter mails again
    -Archival -Templar, NA
  • meskinux
    meskinux
    Soul Shriven
    i just lost 30 slots in my bank , droped from 90 to 60 and all my deposited gold 20.000 is gone too, items disapered but after log out they came back , but not bank space and gold. thats some sad crazy sh!t
  • Valije
    Valije
    ✭✭✭
    Same happened to me. The bank resetted and lost everything. Sent a bug report within the game itself.

Got the items back pretty fast, but my bank has 60 slots instead of 80.
  • Skethis
    Skethis
    And reporting to say that I've had my bank reset for the third time. However, I haven't bothered buying slots after the first time it happened.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a thread about this but it was largely ignored so I'll throw it in here. I went through pretty much the same. Deposited items in the bank, switched chars, items gone and bank slots down to 60/60 down from 90/90. I switched chars to the one who deposited and the bank items returned (60 of them anyway). The other 30 I noticed got shoved back into my char's inventory. So for mine it's not a total loss. if I get an extra rat pet and monkey, I'm good with rebuying the slots. Though I don't want to make this a habit :p
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    I've just experienced the bank issue AGAIN!! On April 1, I lost all 70 items from my bank, but my only bank upgrade remained in place... until an hour ago. This time, I lost the bank upgrade, my bank space has reverted to 60, and some of the items disappeared as well. This is by far the most bug-ridden game launch I've ever experienced. When can we expect a fix? The game is literally unplayable at the moment.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuddler wrote: »
    The game is literally unplayable at the moment.
    I LOVE this game, but since my bank account got reset about an hour ago, I'm facing the same problem: it's unplayable with such a serious, data-corrupting bug on the loose.

Inventory management is already a nightmare, given the small number of slots and the vast variety of loot and crafting items that accumulate. I have eight characters and all crafting professions in play, so losing the bank stops me cold.

What's most troubling is how long this has been a problem (since beta, apparently), how catastrophic it is, and how even players who have the problem "fixed" -- often after days of waiting -- can go on to have it happen again. And again.

Without warning, you're back to square one, and "playing around" the bank is extremely hard in this game. That's one Sword of Damocles that's a little too sharp for me.

I've been living in this game for two weeks and have really been enjoying it, but this is a cold dash of reality shattering the illusion of a beautiful and enchanting fantasy world.

Game over. :(

I hope they fix this soon, because otherwise I might have to, you know, do stuff in the real world. :P

Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    There is a dedicated sticky on top, I suggest you post your ticket number and nature of your issue so that the Mod tracking the missing bank slots/skill points/gold can better keep an eye on the situation. :smile:
  • atomicangelb16_ESO
    atomicangelb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    FINALLY: DONT USE THE BANK!!! do not use ONE of the bank slots!! I have created 3 extra chars and use there backpacks....ok, i have to use the bank for the transfer but i have the controll and the overview and when i'm login of, i try to leave the bank empty. that would not save my skill points but i have the chance to save my items...and the other point is...dont use more than these 60 places for the transfer!!! For the moment this works and seems save but costs a lot of time
  • GrimR3
    GrimR3
    Please add me to the list of people whose bank was reset to 60 and items lost
  • muddybrown
    i see some people getting very informative customer service messages (i.e. don't upgrade if you've been hit by this bug). this is a critical bit of information, i should think... so why have i NEVER heard a CS representative, in the 8-9 emails exchanged so far, say this to me? why have i not heard a CS representative say that my bank slots will be restored/refunded (they only mention items, and a slot isn't an item)?

why are only some people getting the information and not everyone?

and after three weeks, why is @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌'s response - the first official word on this thread - JUST REPEATING WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW FROM DAY ONE?
    Edited by muddybrown on April 14, 2014 10:52AM
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    This has happened to me twice now. Thankfully, I didn't lose any more gold or items or bank slot upgrades since I didn't buy any. Living with only 60 bank slots isn't easy!
  • Rindzin
    Rindzin
    It happened to me five times already. The first time I lost fifty cells in a bank and not a known quantity of items. Until now, neither one of my letters of support I received no response.
  • Skollvaldr
    Bank empty - only the pledge / blue things are left.
    All updates of the bank lost.

Sorry - i can stand normal bugs - but this, especially with the limited gold and inventory currently in play just should not happen. And i have not experienced such grave difficulties in other MMOS - and i played a lot of them.
  • martyrstarb14_ESO
    I am missing items and my upgraded slots! I spent so much time and gold on the slots and getting the items. If this doesn't get fixed then I might stop playing.
  • Vikes546b16_ESO
    Just got hit for a 4th or 5th (I've lost count to be honest) time. This time I was using the bank when it happened. I closed it and not 1 second later I received the dreaded 5 in-game mails with more crap. Opened the bank again (while laughing at the stupidity of this whole thing) and found I was at 0/60. Unsurprised, I relogged and found myself back to 40/60 where I "belong", having not repurchased bank slots. I learned my lesson after 2 in-game *** sessions, thanks. (posting in both threads for giggles)
    Edited by Vikes546b16_ESO on April 15, 2014 3:41AM
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Damit!
    Was almost at the brink of starting my sub, but then I saw the new reports and remembered this bug is like 4KJAeFZ.gif
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    For those that follow this thread and haven't seen it, an update was (oddly) placed in the Developer Discussion board and (unfortunately) was not referenced in today's patch notes.
    Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.
  • ToneFish
    ToneFish
    Rotherhans wrote: »
    Damit!
    Was almost at the brink of starting my sub, but then I saw the new reports and remembered this bug is like

Yes, smart to wait. If there would be an option to temporarily freeze my subscription and resume it once this, along with character and skill point losses have been fixed I would take it.
    Edited by ToneFish on April 15, 2014 3:16PM
  • scorsey
    scorsey
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know if anyone else has tried this, but when this happened to me on launch day, and I could not get anyone to answer me in customer service, I uninstalled the beta client, including deleting the folder in my documents, and reinstalled the client. Since Then I have upgraded my bank 3 times and have not had an the issue again. BTW I also left all the the pre-order items I got mailed for a second time in my mail box. I also took screen shots every time I upgraded my bank, in case it does happen again. I don't know for sure if that is why I have not had a re-occurrence of the bug or not. But might be interesting to have more people try it and post results.
  • KaTet-67
    KaTet-67
    I'm just amazed that even though they knew it was a critical 'bug' early in the launch, they allowed people to continue to upgrade bank slots knowing it will f-up their storage. Why not just discontinue bank upgrades until the bug is fixed? Had I known, I would have patiently waited before upgrading my bank (three expensive upgrades). Instead, I'm aggravated at the game and it's support personnel.

Disclosure, it's a wonderful thing. :\

I haven't played in days because I just don't have the trust in the game to keep any loot I may win (not to mention I don't have a place to put it). I do check everyday to see if it has been repaired though... so far I've been very disappointed. I'm still waiting though... game-less. It won't be long before I focus my attention elsewhere.

I've pasted the email body of my ticket response below. I still have hope, but I suppose we will see... hopefully soon.

We are confident at this time that no slots and no items have been lost, and that we will be able to return your belongings to you in a future patch. We recommend that players not purchase additional bank spaces, as they may be lost when this is fixed in an upcoming patch. If you are out of room and need to purchase more bank slots, please contact customer support once this issue is resolved, and we will be happy to assist you.
  • aesmodienb14_ESO
    Altairien wrote: »
    For those that follow this thread and haven't seen it, an update was (oddly) placed in the Developer Discussion board and (unfortunately) was not referenced in today's patch notes.
    Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

This would be great except they told every player with the bug that everything was located and we were getting our items back. Now they pull this after we have used our 30 free days. The fact that ZOS has not told everyone to not upgrade/store gold in their bank officially, are back tracking on what they promised from the start, and have already had 3 major patches go out without fixing the bank bug, leads me to believe that they are no better than any of the F2P companies out there. I would expect this poor of service from a F2P but not a P2P. The underhanded tactics and false promise emails are really pushing the line if they want people to sub up once the 30 days are over.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annnnd it happened to me AGAIN. I alt hopped to remove some items from my now only 60 account bank to my mule alt and got all of the CE mail messages for the 3rd time now, including all the vanity pets, scroll of Mara, and maps just like day 1 of early release and the first time my account bank was borked. Luckily I'm laughing about it at this point but it's obviously a very serious problem that I certainly hope gets fixed soon. Although it'll be a long time before I put any more than 60 items (and any gold) in my account bank even after they fix it.
  • boredpeonub17_ESO
    Was hoping the last patch had a "silent fix" and obviously it was not fixed.

17 days since I first got the bug, no return of items or compensation.
  • xdrdrummermanxb14_ESO
    Hey guys they sent me an email saying they fixed the problem but wouldn't be able to restore my lost items, so they sent me 50k gold
  • skhelterub17_ESO
    not sure how much i got yet but i have a similar email. This is fine by me. Just need to create new tickets for items like CE maps etc that i lost.
  • Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You two had me worried for a minute, when I saw new posts here, I thought it was happening again.

Glad all is fine
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    Dito. :o
    Dudes, not cool!
    I was again preparing to go for my..
    tDK6wIP.jpg