The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Feedback Thread for Scrolling Combat Text

• exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to see over healing and buffs/debuffs. Everything else about the scrolling combat text was nice. It just needs to relay slightly more information and I won't ever need an add on again.
    Edited by exiledtyrant on February 9, 2016 1:15PM
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCT may be the one thing I am most excited for this patch.
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    On a side note in that video I posted. In the middle of it there is a fully charged Heavy arrow attack that passes right through without hitting and toward the end there is a Brawler that passes right through without hitting. Is this normal?

Those attacks hit during the time the mob was invulnerable after his leap and landing. My SCT add on (Combat Cloud) would have said "immune" to those hits. ZOS SCT just ignored it. This is why I will continue to use Combat Cloud. I'm not sure why ZOS would not look at best in class current add on's when they finally implement features like this.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    On a side note in that video I posted. In the middle of it there is a fully charged Heavy arrow attack that passes right through without hitting and toward the end there is a Brawler that passes right through without hitting. Is this normal?

Those attacks hit during the time the mob was invulnerable after his leap and landing. My SCT add on (Combat Cloud) would have said "immune" to those hits. ZOS SCT just ignored it. This is why I will continue to use Combat Cloud. I'm not sure why ZOS would not look at best in class current add on's when they finally implement features like this.

Thanks for the answer :)

I would have never known that as I turn all this stuff of in AUI. The only things I use normally are the buff timers, mini-map (yea I know, but remember I was never against the option to have it) and DPS meter.

Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has probably been asked already, but is there a way to alter the numbers? As in different size, font, colour? I know that this is not possible through the base UI, maybe via addons? Although this should be available for the console people as well :wink:
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kayrne wrote: »
    First of all, thank you for this.

I've seen many posts for this and tho I personally didn't care for it....now that its here, it helps as I don't use any add-ons and stay int he console UI

-Now...a few suggestions

1. in settings please offer text size increase and decrease, font changes and color
    2. allow a spell or skill icon beside the dmg or healing so we know what is doing what. This resolves the request for debuff and stuff.
    3. allow some effects to linger with their icons...use the death recap icons too...and SCT as it ticks before I die but while playing

This!

I would add that the text fade/scrolls a bit too fast for me to read all of it. Can there be a control the speed/direction of the scrolling?
    PC/NA

• Lalaeith
    Lalaeith
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the SCT. Will have to test it a bit more, but currently I like it a lot.

I would love to see some settings options for font/size and maybe a toggle for ability icons like it was mentioned before. And I'm looking forward to seeing a buff/debuff tracker in a future update :)
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for SCT. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes:
    • Did you turn SCT on and use it during combat?
    • Do you have any feedback on the visual style or accuracy of the tool?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    1. Yes
    2. Accuracy appears fine but I wasn't 100% sure if I was looking at crits or not. I can only make an assumption at this point that orange is for crits. It's easy to see the text overall - clean and large font.
    3. Yes - We need further configuration options to:
      • Better be able to differentiate between criticals or non criticals.
      • Configure the font/size. I personally would like my combat text smaller except in the case of a critical hit.
      • Change the color. The colors are fine for me and easy to see but I imagine there will be some people out there with variations of color blindness that may have difficulty so it would be nice if they could configure it to something they can easily see.
      • Change the area it shows in - draggable sections.
      • Incoming and outgoing should have the option to be split apart.

This was a welcomed addition to the game by the way. Very happy to see this. Yet another addon I can finally toss!
    Edited by Sidney on February 9, 2016 9:15PM
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I fount that it has error on showing CC. For example: if I land Luminous Shards on 5 enemies, SCT will show 5 disorients, while Shards can apply disorient only on 1 target.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For us on console it looks great. We have nothing so far so this'll be good.

Why not buff trackers as well though? Any reason behind that?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    For us on console it looks great. We have nothing so far so this'll be good.

Why not buff trackers as well though? Any reason behind that?
    @Brrrofski Because they haven't finished them yet ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCT keeps crashing my game. (64bit, Win7). Not immediately, but as soon as I enter combat and use a weapon/ability.

• bsmorrowb14_ESO
    bsmorrowb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Love it. But wont use it til there are some icons or add'l text that explains the source of the dmg.
  • Azharan
    Azharan
    ✭✭
    SCT crashes my client both 32 and 64 bits (Windows 7) as soon as I deal or receive damages.
  • Praseodyme
    Praseodyme
    ✭✭✭
    Azharan wrote: »
    SCT crashes my client both 32 and 64 bits (Windows 7) as soon as I deal or receive damages.

I have exactly got the same issue.
    Should it be related to Windows 7 ?
    Guilde Vindicte, première guilde FR à avoir battu [OFFLINE]
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praseodyme wrote: »
    Azharan wrote: »

I have exactly got the same issue.
    Should it be related to Windows 7 ?

Same here. Win7 too. All add ons gone (I mean gone, deleted, not deactivated).
  • ZOS_KaiSchober
    Those of you encountering crashes with SCT, please let us know which language you use for your client. EN, DE, or FR?

Kai Schober
    Senior Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FR for me.
  • Praseodyme
    Praseodyme
    ✭✭✭
    FR

Guilde Vindicte, première guilde FR à avoir battu [OFFLINE]
  • Azharan
    Azharan
    ✭✭
    FR
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3xFR... maybe we've nailed it ;-)
  • Zaenidd
    Zaenidd
    ✭✭✭
    FR
    Serveur EU - Pacte
    Co-GM de l'Escouade Sauvage - Guilde PVE escouadesauvage.guildi.com

Zaen Telvayn - DK magic dps v16 - vMoL 79.578 (37min30sec)
    Zaenia - Nightblade tank v16

All In Game PVE content cleared (except vMol HM)
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't played yet but it looks brilliant! 10x better than any addon.

Yo don't say stuff like this because you're only hurting those of us who don't have add-ons to work with. The current SCT is not better than any add-on but it is definitely better than the complete lack of information we currently have. As others have said, being able to know what specific skills/procs are causing damage and healing would be nice. Furthermore, adding buff/dot timers for skills, as well as being able to see actual numbers on our resource bars would be great.
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• davidjournotb16_ESO
    FR too
    Client crashed as soon as I entered combat after activating SCT.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It doesn't show damage dealt by reflected abilities.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the official feedback thread for SCT. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes:
    • Did you turn SCT on and use it during combat?
    • Do you have any feedback on the visual style or accuracy of the tool?
    • Do you have any other general feedback?

1) Yes.
    2) Really like the placement versus scrolling to the left or right. However, it is unclear what each of the numbers mean. For example, force pulse pops up a LOT of numbers. And is the exclamation point mean a critical hit, or what?
    3) Suggest an online guide, of nothing else, outlining which colors and fonts are which kind of damage.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. in settings please offer text size increase and decrease, font changes and color
    2. allow a spell or skill icon beside the dmg or healing so we know what is doing what. This resolves the request for debuff and stuff.
    3. allow some effects to linger with their icons...use the death recap icons too...and SCT as it ticks before I die but while playing
    I am also completely underwhelmed with the scrolling combat log. I'm sitting next to my bf as he plays on the PTS and it is impossible to tell in normal play which ability is giving which amount of damage. It would be fine for a test where you literally spam a single skill to test your damage output from it, but it isn't helpful for normal play because there are no names or icons next to the numbers.

Why are some of the numbers smaller than others? We get that ! means crit, but what do brackets around numbers mean?

Also using red, green, and shades of orange as the basic colours and not allowing changes is just sad. There are already colour-blind gamers who struggle with ESO.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Not really a fan of it, neither are my friends ive spoke to. I have waited 5 months for something like this and to me it just looks like a load of number popping out from behind an enemies head, no real way to tell what ability did what damage unless you stand there and spam 1 ability. And why are there exclamation marks that look like 1's on the end? I just want numbers.

It needs options to be moved, increased or decreased in size and change colour. Would also greatly make sense for you to include a small skill icon next to each damage number.

At this point in time buff timers are what I want more than anything else after this disappointment.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    I am also completely underwhelmed with the scrolling combat log. I'm sitting next to my bf as he plays on the PTS and it is impossible to tell in normal play which ability is giving which amount of damage. It would be fine for a test where you literally spam a single skill to test your damage output from it, but it isn't helpful for normal play because there are no names or icons next to the numbers.

Why are some of the numbers smaller than others? We get that ! means crit, but what do brackets around numbers mean?

Also using red, green, and shades of orange as the basic colours and not allowing changes is just sad. There are already colour-blind gamers who struggle with ESO.

Yeh, to be honest, watching streams on twitch I could only see white, green and red text. Was a bit annoyed when sypher said something about orange text.

Red, black, white, blue. Why don't devs use these colours more often for stuff. Nobody has colour blindness that mixes them up.

Red and green though, in every game. The most common coulor blindness. AOEs in dungeons are a nightmare on this. As soon as the floor is green I have no idea I'm in a big red circle. A lot of other games use these two colours though. At least some like battlefield have an option to change it.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 16, 2016 8:00AM
  • Dreddlock-
    Dreddlock-
    ✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    The SCT is very satisfying in third person. The numbers are admittedly immersion detracting, but the SCT can be toggled. In first person the numbers float near the edges of the screen and get behind certain UI elements, like the enemy health bar and player action bar, making them hard/impossible to read.

Upon further testing, I toggled to the PC UI and found the numbers do not have the same issue of being obstructed though the incoming numbers are a little too out of the way. I need to focus on them rather than the fight to read the incoming stats in first person. In the console UI the HUD elements are too large and obscure the SCT in its current positioning.

Having the numbers appear on the target is very pleasing to see :) and informative in an intuitive way.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This is great feedback, please listen to this guy. Listen to ALL of it!