The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Will there be "XMas" in Tamriel

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt sunshine and rainbows at zeni right now so no. Plus.... this idea shouldnt even be mentioned to zeni because yes.... it is a waste of time, they have problems right now, and any addition to the game such as xmas events/stuff can break it further. Hide this thread under a tree, preferably not an xmas tree.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Zershar_Vemod
    Zershar_Vemod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm never heard of this "Xmas," must be some new holiday in a distant land...

It would be nice if the game had TES-based holidays celebrated in game though.
    House Nyssara (NA)
    Black Market Traders
    Order of the Lamp Post
    Thorn Brigade
    VR15 Nightblade Vampire
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm never heard of this "Xmas," must be some new holiday in a distant land...

It would be nice if the game had TES-based holidays celebrated in game though.

aka use the Lore!

• BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we see the New Life festival throughout Tamriel. I sincerely hope we don't see Christmas/Christmas trees/reindeer/a fat nord in a red and white suit/red and green themed outfits with bells on the boots/etc.
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a good idea. But I don't trust ZOS to implement it. Odds are it would just introduce a bunch of new bugs if they tried it, and by the time they actually got it working the holiday would be long over.

But, on the upside, there is always a winter celebration of Konunleikar going on in Windhelm--complete with mead-drinking, competitions, mead-drinking, celebraaashuns, mead-drinki, paaaartieees, meeeed-drin, King Joruuun!, meeee
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Eh, nope. Immersion people would start throwing stuff.

Eh, nope. Those of us who in fact ARE immersion freaks... many of us REALLY want this. NO real world holiday references or items, just Tamriel appropriate holidays and festivals. That BRINGS immersion, it doesn't break it.

Well then it isn't Xmas in Tamriel as the title of the thread asks.

Good, this isn't Earth, so no Christmas.

Now if you just have People celebrating and saying "Happy Day of Lights", or something similar, then fine, have NPCs partying (not to the point that vendors and inns stop working though), and let us get on with adventuring.

From my post a little ways up:

...However, Evening Star 25th is traditionally the Saturalia New Life festival which is celebrated with gift giving, parties & parades. THAT is 100% lore friendly.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • hutchinsonhatch
    hutchinsonhatch
    ✭✭✭
    Apokh wrote: »
    Wonder WHETER your german is as good as my english is?
    Grammar bashing is soo...flat.

Darauf verwette ich mein linkes Ei :)
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Eh, nope. Those of us who in fact ARE immersion freaks... many of us REALLY want this. NO real world holiday references or items, just Tamriel appropriate holidays and festivals. That BRINGS immersion, it doesn't break it.

Would love for them to do immersion holidays. With no special dailies, no special seasonal "loot", and absolutely no other stuff for them to break. Perhaps a bunch of snarky npcs who stand around in busy spots like Rawl'kha on AD side saying "Happy Festivus" every 10 seconds or so.

Eh, in that case they should just not do it. I am not interested in an in game Christmas that is desperately pretending not to be in-game Christmas in order to satisfy immersionists.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Winnower
    Winnower
    ✭✭✭✭
    No christmas no jesus no santa no easter halloween president's day passover or any other RL stuff please. ever.

Anything in the lore is fine.
    VR14 Templar, VR14 DK, VR8 DK, VR7 NB, VR1 Sorcerer;
    All 3 Alliances;
    2 Pre-order Imperial Accounts, yes that means 16 characters on NA alone
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Good, this isn't Earth, so no Christmas.

Now if you just have People celebrating and saying "Happy Day of Lights", or something similar, then fine, have NPCs partying (not to the point that vendors and inns stop working though), and let us get on with adventuring.

From my post a little ways up:

...However, Evening Star 25th is traditionally the Saturalia New Life festival which is celebrated with gift giving, parties & parades. THAT is 100% lore friendly.

Thanks, must have skimmed over it, sorry.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    In-game Tamrielic holiday events are something we'd love eventually do, but they are not currently on our development roadmap. What would you all like to see?

For the holidays this year, we will have a digital holiday card from ZOS to share with you all, as we have the last couple years. We have few very small community activity events planned, too. :)

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    In-game Tamrielic holiday events are something we'd love eventually do, but they are not currently on our development roadmap. What would you all like to see?

For the holidays this year, we will have a digital holiday card from ZOS to share with you all, as we have the last couple years. We have few very small community activity events planned, too. :)

They aren't needed. The development road map should focus on fixing class balance, getting the Champion System out, getting Spell crafting out, fixing bugs, fixing the gear reward system (both drops off dungeon bosses and the undaunted pledge rewards, perhaps introduce class specific sets for tokens that you can save up for), fixing bugs, fixing class balance, fixing bugs, and fixing class balance.

For actual content: Meaningful and rewarding solo veteran content to do when we can't find groups in Craglorn, for Trials, or for Dungeons.
  • Fetaro
    Fetaro
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ In fact, I have a few ideas for IG Tamrielics events. I can write and send you a document about them, if you want :)
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There arealways ppl to say "huh...holydays/ festivals = no immersion" but why?
    When they would adopt a TES-Fest it is the "FULL METAL IMMERSION!!111"

I mean - I love StarTrek and there are several Species having special days over the year...not celebrating them is the immersion killer (one could state ;) ).

The other ting is, that they (ZOS) did not give us the tools to make festivals (playerdriven) by ourselves except dancing in Rawl Kha with colored clothes.
    There are not even real Taverns where you can sit on the chairs there etc...
    Edited by Apokh on November 20, 2014 2:57PM
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • Loneshard
    Loneshard
    ✭✭✭

lol nooo!

tst1gpI.jpg

Please do not!
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wolfshead wrote: »
    1. By the Eight, no! I don't know why RL holidays should be in game.
    2. AFAIK ZOS said that they don't want any holidays in game(I don't want to search link right now, but if you want, try to read another holidays topics).

Well lore wise Tamriel do have "holidays" just look that link blow

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Calendarhttp://

You see RL? It means real life. Also, correct your link.

Well if you read the post that OP say i think he would be happy that the add events related Tamriel and not RL for he is not asking for RL holidays but guess most no sayer just think that "Seasonal Events" should be same as in RL
    If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

“Christmas is a time when people of all religions come together to worship Jesus Christ.”
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tamriel is another world, and so do not have the same celebrations as us. However, it would be kinda fun if they were to make celebrations that matched.

For example:
    Instead of "Christmas" they make a "Winter Celebration", with presents and decorations that resemble that of Earth's Christmas - but without things like Santa and other too iconic features (make Tamriel's own version).
    This can then be done with the other big holidays. Like Halloween could resemble more the old "All Hallow's Eve" traditions, where instead of "trick or treating" the point is to scare evil away.

I don't really care if they implement any kind of seasonal events or not, but if they do it I just hope it is as lore friendly as possible ;)
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of goods, lots of races. So much scope for festivals. Sounds like a perfect combination for a great many different events.
    What could go wrong!
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they fix the grouping tool as present, is the only thing I will write in my letter to santa, (and to burn wow servers all around the world).
  • Chuggernaut
    Chuggernaut
    ✭✭✭
    It might be fun to change the weather to snow at least, but I'm a fan of Wookiee Life Day so I can see why someone players would hate an event.
    My comrades have returned. I erect the spine of gratitude. You are a hero today. - Bura-Natoo
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the reply Jessica! I know we'd all love to have everything we want right NAOW but I think the vast majority of players understand that, especially fluff like this, is later down the road, after the game has been out at least a year. But we DO want to see them ON the "roadmap" and we want to know that you are in talks about them even if you aren't yet ready to start writing code. I can't speak for everyone of course but from what I've been able to glean so far here's what I personally think would be popular:
    1. Lore ONLY holidays. NO "real world" holiday nods. ABSOLUTELY NO SANTA HATS!
    2. Lore-appropriate holidays to COINCIDE with common real world holidays BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN PEOPLE TYPICALLY HAVE MORE TIME OFF FROM WORK AND SCHOOL IN ORDER TO PLAY.
    3. Town hubs to be in "festival mode" during the holiday with special vendors selling holiday appropriate fluff items with fun effects. NPCs wishing you happy holidays, some being grumpy about the whole thing, taverns being specially decorated and possibly serving holiday drinks you can buy that have some fun silly effects.
    4. A quest with a holiday theme that ends in a hefty gold reward and a unique costume, pet, or other fluff item. This quest should grant no XP or a very miniscule amount of XP (so the "Humbugs" can skip it and not whine that they are being "forced" to do it! LOL) and should scale to level. There should be one solo quest and one group quest.

So yeah, it's some work for you guys but once the first one is in place you'd just be tweaking subsequent ones and any items that were of the one use variety could certainly be repeated. Unlike some of the naysayers here, I have every confidence that your team CAN pull this off...and you might even have some fun coming up with this stuff. :)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Aoife32001
    Aoife32001
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pmarsico9 wrote: »

They aren't needed. The development road map should focus on fixing class balance, getting the Champion System out, getting Spell crafting out, fixing bugs, fixing the gear reward system (both drops off dungeon bosses and the undaunted pledge rewards, perhaps introduce class specific sets for tokens that you can save up for), fixing bugs, fixing class balance, fixing bugs, and fixing class balance.

For actual content: Meaningful and rewarding solo veteran content to do when we can't find groups in Craglorn, for Trials, or for Dungeons.

I think you missed the bold part. The obvious implication is it will be something they add once those other issues you mentioned are addressed. I for one would love to see Zenimax introduce Tamrielic holiday events down the road.
    Edited by Aoife32001 on November 20, 2014 4:10PM
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Id love to see festivals (eventually) every to every other month, some continent wide and some put on by a specific race or faction. There are the big ones like the New Life/ Old Life festivals, South Wind Prayer day, Feast of the Dead, Fire Festival, Witches festival.

The daedric summoning days would also be awesome mini events to hone in on for recurring content.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the reply Jessica! I know we'd all love to have everything we want right NAOW but I think the vast majority of players understand that, especially fluff like this, is later down the road, after the game has been out at least a year. But we DO want to see them ON the "roadmap" and we want to know that you are in talks about them even if you aren't yet ready to start writing code. I can't speak for everyone of course but from what I've been able to glean so far here's what I personally think would be popular:
    2. Lore-appropriate holidays to COINCIDE with common real world holidays BECAUSE THAT'S WHEN PEOPLE TYPICALLY HAVE MORE TIME OFF FROM WORK AND SCHOOL IN ORDER TO PLAY.
    3. Town hubs to be in "festival mode" during the holiday with special vendors selling holiday appropriate fluff items with fun effects. NPCs wishing you happy holidays, some being grumpy about the whole thing, taverns being specially decorated and possibly serving holiday drinks you can buy that have some fun silly effects.
    4. A quest with a holiday theme that ends in a hefty gold reward and a unique costume, pet, or other fluff item. This quest should grant no XP or a very miniscule amount of XP (so the "Humbugs" can skip it and not whine that they are being "forced" to do it! LOL) and should scale to level. There should be one solo quest and one group quest.

So yeah, it's some work for you guys but once the first one is in place you'd just be tweaking subsequent ones and any items that were of the one use variety could certainly be repeated. Unlike some of the naysayers here, I have every confidence that your team CAN pull this off...and you might even have some fun coming up with this stuff. :)

That about sums up what I would want to see if they do tamrielic holidays.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • cesmode
    cesmode
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with no holiday events yet.
    • Fix the issues plaguing level 50 and beyond.
    • Add in new difficult solo endgame content.
    • Add more skills to the game whether it be new lines for every class, new classes themselves, or remove classes alltogether.
    • Encourage more build diversity...With the planned updates, you want to push out a clothy tanking...why? Diversity!

Thats my christmas wishlist for ESO
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Ok, it's hard to argue with this.
    2. Don't forget that different countries have different holidays. So, the time you have holoday I can have a common day.
    3. Festival hubs can affect those, who want to quest in this zone.
    4. Now you forced to do holiday's quest to get this pet/costume or other fluff item.
    And the main NO: every time ZOS adding something, it becomes only worse.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • Apokh
    Apokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, seems so many ppl are cought in their hunt for XP, fame, materials an loot that they do not care about the world around. Festivals DO add a huge amount of how it feels to be in Tamriel. I can imagine many ppl are not interested in stuff like this when they run their farming paths, head for the ds arena or the trial group. But I bet everyone would kind of enjoy ingame festivals - no matter for me, wheter lore or not lore. In my opinion these are the little things beside the big adventure, what makes a godd mmo world.

I opened a thread for a "player driven event" to find ppl to participate. I wrote messages to different guids to ask, wheter they are interested to set it up. Guess how many I found? Right..not a single one. That´s all bout "player driven stuff".

Also a lot of ppl do not recognize the quote signs, or they just do not know what to think about them. But nevermind.
    Edited by Apokh on November 20, 2014 5:18PM
    Legenden
    Play@Feierabend mit der legendärsten Feierabendgilde.
    Besuch uns.
    Es ist besser zu schweigen und alle glauben zu lassen, man sei dumm, als den Mund aufzumachen und alle Zweifel zu beseitigen.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be cool if chests had triple loot come Dec. 25. And it should be ninja'd in. Don't tell anyone and don't call it anything. Just do it.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aoife32001 wrote: »

I think you missed the bold part. The obvious implication is it will be something they add once those other issues you mentioned are addressed. I for one would love to see Zenimax introduce Tamrielic holiday events down the road.

I have yet to see a clear statement that they take the balance issues that have existed and were warned about since beta or any statement at all regarding class design intent overall. I am very skeptical that they will dedicate the time necessary to fix worthless abilities like Eclipse or terribly bugged abilities like Focused Charge.