The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Last Prodigies vs. Mantikora, finally a dead Mantikora.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey folks! Just to clarify, we will be making a couple changes to this fight before it goes live. First, spears will now last for one minute, and cannot be removed with negate magic. Second, if you do not kill the Serpent Image within 2 minutes of it spawning in the portal, the mantikora will enrage and will do an incredible amount of increased damage that you won't want to mess with!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • kungmoo
    kungmoo
    ✭✭✭
    so what you're saying is another dps check making unpopular specs (just about anything without a bathrobe + stick) sit on the sidelines for something else.....

thanks for that
    Edited by kungmoo on September 4, 2014 7:52PM
    Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them. -Edward W. Howe
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so what you're saying is another dps check making unpopular specs (just about anything without a bathrobe + stick) sit on the sidelines for something else.....

thanks for that
    Yeah, definitely a swing and a miss here.

Why is making challenging end-game PvE so difficult for some developers?
  • Robert_Pendragon
    Robert_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭

thanks for that

Guys, 2 minutes is plenty of time to kill the serpent image, please try the fight out for yourselves before commenting.
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks for that

Guys, 2 minutes is plenty of time to kill the serpent image, please try the fight out for yourselves before commenting.
    What useful purpose to enrage timers perform?

Oh yes, so the e-peeners in ZOS favourite guilds like Entropy Rising can laud it over the rest because they only pack the 'required' classes and tell the rest to G-T-F-O.

• zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Aca wrote: »
    I just watched this video. I'm not sure if this is the first attempt on which they beat the boss but it shows that you can still stack up all together and just negate & heal through everything.
    I really hoped that here will never be a video like this..

They somehow 'travel-to-player' and ran back to the group
    Im sure, you can see that..

No new black hole = No enrage Phase = No new Spears = GG

#feelffooled :)

Is that how you beat this boss? Because quite obviously the boss is not behaving as intended once the two guys who go downstairs, apparently go hidden and port back in...

The boss never even throws out an image again... and literally all you are doing is standing in a pile...

Not that I am lessening your achievement as a guild, but if this is how you beat the boss, then ZOS needs to fix it.
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Aca
    Aca
    ✭✭
    That was only my resumé of the video. But they killed this boss with this strategy.
    Hey folks! Just to clarify, we will be making a couple changes to this fight before it goes live. First, spears will now last for one minute, and cannot be removed with negate magic. Second, if you do not kill the Serpent Image within 2 minutes of it spawning in the portal, the mantikora will enrage and will do an incredible amount of increased damage that you won't want to mess with!

This is why I trust Zenimax. Fast fix of this problem!

And please folks, dont post a video of this bosses on PTS. Everyone should progress on their own. Btw we just figured out how the spears and portal-phase is going to work without negate. Its not all about the dps ;)
    Hel Ra / AA Harmode: Clear
    Sanctum Ophidia 4/4
  • Fen
    Fen
    zbtiqua wrote: »
    Is that how you beat this boss? Because quite obviously the boss is not behaving as intended once the two guys who go downstairs, apparently go hidden and port back in...

The boss never even throws out an image again... and literally all you are doing is standing in a pile...

Not that I am lessening your achievement as a guild, but if this is how you beat the boss, then ZOS needs to fix it.

If you read the earlier comments, we mentioned that this is just something we tried and have informed the devs about. It's not our actual strat. We released it to give a glimpse of the fight (it only really shows one phase). This won't be at all possible on live.

NA - Aldmeri Dominion - Last Prodigies AU - Decibel US
    ~ Fen - NB of your heart ~
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Good to know!
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM