The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v1.4.1

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Braddass wrote: »
    Cogo wrote: »

Btw, All vet ranks are Level 50. Did I say that?

That is playing semantics (badly). A VR 12 in max gear gear is substantially more powerful than a VR 1 max gear. A rose by any other name ...

Pretend all you want, but the truth is that they are adding new levels with no new solo content to reach those levels. No other western MMORPG has done this because most people do not like forced grouping in MMORPGs.

Vet rank is a level?

No other western MMORPG does group content?

People don't like group content in MMORPGs?

Got it! Thanks.

I can agree to disagree 100%.

I can as well. +1 to you sir @Cogo.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    I cry for the public school system and the fact so many kids these days lack reading comprehension skills ...

"Vet rank is a level?" As i indicated, calling it something else doesn't change the essence of what it is. A VR 12 player in max gear is substantially more powerful than a VR1 player in max gear.

"No other western MMORPG does group content?" No one is saying that MMORPGs do not (or should not) have group content. What I said was that no western MMORPG has added new levels without, at the same time, adding new solo content to reach those levels.

"People don't like group content in MMORPGs?" What I said was that people don't like FORCED grouping in MMORPGs.

I don't know what is worse ... a lack of reading comprehension, or a blatant attempt to twist words to try to defend an untenable position.
    Edited by Braddass on August 29, 2014 3:50PM
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    I personally want more guests to do.. Really good and interesting lore, i like it really much. i think group content is part of the lore to! I understand that people are frustrated to be forced group, to gain vet 13-14. But ins't it good thing, that zeni actually uses time, to make pve guests? And the out come of guest content is great. Also makes those guests properly voice acted, and lore friendly? how much time it would take to write a good book? Right, one guest is about 20-45 pages of that great book+ you have to write the story, voice act it, edit it, animate it, prog it ,test it. Then publish it. So yes i have actually seen, what it takes to make good content, and i don't wonder a second what takes so long. Also want to make one small point as well, there is people working at Zenimax, and i have noticed people seem to get sick time to time. And i know this might be really frustrating, if the main programmer is sick. :kiss:
    /\:__:/\
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Thejollygreenone
    Thejollygreenone
    ✭✭✭
    Veteran ranks are levels, there's really no valid argument that says otherwise.

....that they don't get the same benefits would be one. Just because you say there's no argument doesn't mean there's no argument. But keep insisting a tangerine is an orange if you want, I just want no part in a conversation like that.

Good day sir.
  • redferne.requiemneb18_ESO

....that they don't get the same benefits would be one. Just because you say there's no argument doesn't mean there's no argument. But keep insisting a tangerine is an orange if you want, I just want no part in a conversation like that.

Good day sir.
    You have to get XP, your stats change and you get access to new stuff you didn't have access before.
    Orange and tangerine are still citrus...
  • rigelfrb16_ESO
    rigelfrb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Elite vendors in Cyrodiil now sell Veteran Rank 14 gear.
    EP elite vendor in Cyrobill sell only Vet 13 gear. And no Bow at all. Don't know for others...
    Edited by rigelfrb16_ESO on August 29, 2014 2:52PM
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Morph Respecs! and much needed fixes! can't wait for this to go live.

Do we get to choose what morphs we want to respec or do we just get an option to respec all morphs at a lower cost?

I would much rather prefer to choose what morphs I want to respec.
    @heyguyslol

http://twitch.tv/heyguyslol_1975
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is something ever going to be done about being stuck with the Warrior mundus stone? Still no updates for the issue from live, 1.3.5 didn't fix it, 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 have nothing.

THIS.. THIS THIS
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good day sir.
    You have to get XP, your stats change and you get access to new stuff you didn't have access before.
    Orange and tangerine are still citrus...

Related but not the same thing at all ;).

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Community Manager
    We've made an edit to these patch notes. We removed the following note from the Combat & Gameplay section:
    • You now have the option to only respec morphs. This is less expensive than a full respec of all abilities.

This change did not make it onto the PTS, but it will be in the live release of Update 4. We apologize for any confusion this caused!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    We've made an edit to these patch notes. We removed the following note from the Combat & Gameplay section:
    • You now have the option to only respec morphs. This is less expensive than a full respec of all abilities.

This change did not make it onto the PTS, but it will be in the live release of Update 4. We apologize for any confusion this caused!

So do we get to choose which morph we want to respec or do u we have to pay a lower respec fee just to respec all morphs?

I hope we can choose the morphs individually as respec all morphs is a bit of a waste of time sorry to say.
    @heyguyslol

• Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HELLO ZENIMAX. WEAPON ENCHANT EFFECTS ARE NOT WORKING AT ALLLLLL!!!! HELLLOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO BURNING NO CHILLNIG NO REDUCED HEAL!
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Docmandu wrote: »
    and the non-vet campaigns are unfortunately just emperor / buff farm campaigns (and have VR5 guards O.o) -- so they are pretty much dead, meaning you have to face VR1-14 players on your lowbie.
    I think you may mean the 7day and the 'Vet' campaigns. It is an outright lie to say the Non-Vet campaign is like this. It's the most balanced campaign of all of them, was able to correct a one color conquer of the map on it's own. There have been less than a handfull of emperors by my last count, I think each alliance has had one.

This cycle it's back to normal.. but the last 3 cycles were like that, at least on EU.. ie. http://esostats.com/33-Non_Vet_small_Blackwater_Blade_small

Hence why I dislike the timed part of the campaigns, each reset it anybody's guess if the next cycle is going to be playable. If one side abuses the reset time to capture the entire map, people just go play somewhere else until the next reset.

If there was a never ending, scoreless campaign, I'd select that one in a jiffy.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    bleh, such a large portion of players dont want an increase in veteran ranks, and they still mean to go through with it..bleh

There's an easy solution for this.. here's mine:

Game Time Remaining
    You have 10 days of game time remaining.
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    bleh, such a large portion of players dont want an increase in veteran ranks, and they still mean to go through with it..bleh

Game Time Remaining

I think if enough players canceled their subs and informed zos as to why then they might actually reconsider adding the new Vet Ranks.

I have done this but it takes a good amount of players to get their attention. Hitting their pocket books will get their attention.
    @heyguyslol

• Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game Time Remaining
    GAME TIME REMAINING
    You have 7 days of game time remaining.

Just a few days short of the Destiny release date. I wasn't planning on playing it, but if I'm going to need a new game, I might as well give it a shot.
  • briandivisionb16_ESO
    briandivisionb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    And I am still sat with the unchangebale Warrior Mundus Stone 3 patches later Pretty much makes the game unplayable for me, and many others. :(:(:(:(:(
    Edited by briandivisionb16_ESO on August 29, 2014 11:55PM
    If your group is bigger than 6 members gain 75% damage reduction.

Write this on the back of your box and see how many sales you get!

You won't get any new PvP players until this archaic AoE crap is fixed.
    I for one won't resub until:
    1.) You fix lag.
    2.) You remove AOE caps we voted against.
    3.) 12 months have passed (this is how long we've waited for you to 'get with it')[/b]
  • heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    And I am still sat with the unchangebale Warrior Mundus Stone 3 patches later Pretty much makes the game unplayable for me, and many others. :(:(:(:(:(

Wow now that is a horrible bug to have almost like getting VD, lol.
    Edited by heyguyslol on August 30, 2014 1:46AM
    @heyguyslol

• heyguyslol
    heyguyslol
    ✭✭✭
    Feel free to voice your opinion here about bugs/exploits/game stability

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/129551/which-do-you-prefer-fixed-bugs-or-new-content/p1
    @heyguyslol

• Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    HELLO ZENIMAX. WEAPON ENCHANT EFFECTS ARE NOT WORKING AT ALLLLLL!!!! HELLLOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO BURNING NO CHILLNIG NO REDUCED HEAL!

You sure about that? Is it on PTS only you're complaining about, because I tested the disease weapon enchant's heal debuff on a cyrodiil mender last night. My results with a legendary enchant were that without the debuff on it, the mender healed for ~430 a tick with its channeled heal. If I had applied "befouled weapon" to the mender recently it was only healing for about 300-310.

I'm guessing this is one of those forum rumors again that hasn't actually been tested on the others as well, but is being spread around by people who also haven't checked their facts :(?

✭✭✭

3 patches? At least it is just stats tho Im sorry to hear your problem. I've sat with an unplayable camera since they nerfed the maximum zoom distance during beta... 0.14, 0.15, 0.16, 0.17, 0.18, 1.0, 1.2, 1.2, 1.3, and now 1.4... no fix.

What this guy ( @Attorneyatlawl ) says is what needs doing:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/128451/

Fix. Fix. Fix! :D
    Edited by Smiteye on August 30, 2014 2:36AM
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Smiteye according to my notes it actually was beta session 0.16 that they ninja-nerfed the camera zoom and additionally made the off-center reticule worse as a result of how the camera works in this game, but who's counting?

✭✭✭
    Smiteye wrote: »

3 patches? At least it is just stats tho Im sorry to hear your problem. I've sat with an unplayable camera since they nerfed the maximum zoom distance during beta... 0.14, 0.15, 0.16, 0.17, 0.18, 1.0, 1.2, 1.2, 1.3, and now 1.4... no fix.

Why it is unplayable? Why mine is just fine, nothing wrong with it?

(。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Braddass
    Braddass
    ✭✭✭
    Smiteye wrote: »

Why it is unplayable? Why mine is just fine, nothing wrong with it?

The view is rather constricted compared to other MMORPGs I have played.
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭
    @Braddass , oh i thought there is something wrong with it. constricted? yeah i would want bit more zoom as well, but unplayable.. hardly.
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Braddass , oh i thought there is something wrong with it. constricted? yeah i would want bit more zoom as well, but unplayable.. hardly.

I have a relative who literally gets motion sick from playing this game after about 45-60 minutes a good number of nights she tries to play because of the low FOV. From other posts of @Smiteye 's he/she has said they have the same issue... so while it's annoying for people without health problems, I can vouch that some do and it's not just a preference but really CAN make it unplayable for some people overall.

If you had read the linked thread that he had quoted (I actually authored it, heh) you would have known why some call it that though :).
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on August 30, 2014 4:43AM

✭✭✭

I have a relative who literally gets motion sick from playing this game after about 45-60 minutes a good number of nights she tries to play because of the low FOV. From other posts of @Smiteye 's he/she has said they have the same issue... so while it's annoying for people without health problems, I can vouch that some do and it's not just a preference but really CAN make it unplayable for some people overall.

If you had read the linked thread that he had quoted (I actually authored it, heh) you would have known why some call it that though :).

It is broken for me. I made a thread about it........... http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/128341/
  • Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    Anu_Saukko_Tutkija
    ✭✭✭

saw the link, made comment..
    "so while it's annoying for people without health problems"
    i don't personally sign that.

"I have a relative who literally gets motion sick from playing this game after about 45-60 minutes a good number of nights she tries to play because of the low FOV" That is sad, i feel bad for him, since great game!

but if it is 1/10000 unplayable to some, it does not mean it is on eyes of Zenimax. the "fact", there is "no need" to fix anything, so they don't.

(。 ◕‿‿ ◕).
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

"I have a relative who literally gets motion sick from playing this game after about 45-60 minutes a good number of nights she tries to play because of the low FOV" That is sad, i feel bad for him, since great game!

but if it is 1/10000 unplayable to some, it does not mean it is on eyes of Zenimax. the "fact", there is "no need" to fix anything, so they don't.

Obviously the statement with the keyword annoying is an opinion. Opinions by definition are not shared by 100% of the population, so there's no reason to point out that it's an invalid comment :p just because you disagree :).

A huge number of people have asked for camera options to be added and they did so for first-person but neglected third. I think it's time to give third-person users their fixes now too.

✭✭✭

Obviously the statement with the keyword annoying is an opinion. Opinions by definition are not shared by 100% of the population, so there's no reason to point out that it's an invalid comment :p just because you disagree :).

A huge number of people have asked for camera options to be added and they did so for first-person but neglected third. I think it's time to give third-person users their fixes now too.

Maybe it is just me, but i don't see any problem here
    let the wiser than me decide :smile:
    (。 ◕‿‿ ◕).