The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Upcoming 1.2 Content Update Is an Insult (Except for Nightblades)

LonePirate
LonePirate
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
While I am glad some fixes and love are being shown for Nightblades in 1.2.x, the actual content update part of the patch is a complete insult to players. Adding a new veteran dungeon is the absolute bare minimum that could be done to include new content in the patch. All the devs need to do is take an existing dungeon, turn on the Veteran flag and populate it with existing NPC creations, perhaps giving them new names, a new paint job, a new size and maybe a new ability in their new VR level. Voila! You now have a veteran dungeon. I just watched that 1.2 Crypt of Hearts video and it is an insult to players that this is the new content we are receiving with this patch. It really is the least work they could do to consider this patch a content update and I expect them to play this card again in future updates because it is so cheap and easy.

Besides, didn't we just receive a dozen or so veteran group dungeons and delves with the 1.1 patch? Were people really clamoring for another group dungeon even though a growing number of players is exhausting the solo/duo content with each passing day? This question is rhetorical because I already know the answer but does ZOS actually listen to its players and subscribers?
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to complain about the additional content. I don't personally think, at this point, its as crucial as bug fixes, class balances, and others.... but I think the plan seems to be, slow and steady with the fixes. Changing too much at one time may just make things worse.
    Edited by someuser on June 16, 2014 10:56PM
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Koloki
    Koloki
    ✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    ... turn on the Veteran flag and populate it with existing NPC creations, perhaps giving them new names, a new paint job, a new size and maybe a new ability in their new VR level ...

Also take in consideration that the dungeon requires testing and balancing, and probably some quest and scripts, voice work, populate loot tables (and balance that) and they must create at least a hand full of new assets (or they have to switch stuff around so its not a copy of another dungeon).
    That looks like a good deal of work to me, not every update must be a 1,5GB megaton of content, as long as it keeps coming in a steady pace.

However i do agree that smaller content updates MUST NOT become a excuse for cheap content.
    The bigger and juicier updates have to keep coming on a reasonable speed, like every other content update is a bigger deal.

War Dogs
    MMO, lore, quests, diversão, cerveja, mulher, carros, barcos, iates e outros tantos prazeres da carne!
    Rage. Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus' son Achilles,
    murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
    hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls…
  • wafcatb14_ESO
    wafcatb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    they have a little over 100 dungeons in the game and 74 of them are the exact layout , kinda boring really , gone are the days of getting awesome and completly unique dungeons like in Everquest , of all the MMO`s I have played in the last 15 years EQ dungeon maps still blow all the other games away .

each one was completly different and very good from illusion floor traps that dropped you to a room below full of mobs, to secert passages , to under water dungeons ,

sadly most games today have lame dungeons this game is no different . atleast we have cool voice over acting and a personal story to make up for lack of good content lol .
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    they have a little over 100 dungeons in the game and 74 of them are the exact layout , kinda boring really , gone are the days of getting awesome and completly unique dungeons like in Everquest , of all the MMO`s I have played in the last 15 years EQ dungeon maps still blow all the other games away .

each one was completly different and very good from illusion floor traps that dropped you to a room below full of mobs, to secert passages , to under water dungeons ,

sadly most games today have lame dungeons this game is no different . atleast we have cool voice over acting and a personal story to make up for lack of good content lol .

I was kinda of bummed out about that too until I read one of those dev blogs talking about how they plan on addressing that. Something along the lines of going back and re-designing some of the dungeon layouts.
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • LordEcks
    LordEcks
    ✭✭✭

Four words:

Lost Dungeons of Norrath.

• Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades aren't getting much love either to be honest. I've been on the PTS and continue to test there, not much changes.

There was a Reddit AUA released today and they at least acknowledged that there is no other content besides group content being released and that we will have to wait if we want anything else to do at endgame besides trials, pvp or some group dungeons.

So essentially, what I got out of that, is that if I want more to do besides trials, group dungeons, Cyrodiil, or roll another alt, I'm going to have to play something else. Unsub and wait it out I guess >:)
    Edited by Worstluck on June 17, 2014 2:20AM
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another new content, another zero for solo players.

if this is how future goes, this game's solo players, will be out of content and out of reason to sub.
  • Mortosk
    Mortosk
    ✭✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »
    I'm not going to complain about the additional content. I don't personally think, at this point, its as crucial as bug fixes, class balances, and others.... but I think the plan seems to be, slow and steady with the fixes. Changing too much at one time may just make things worse.

I'd be happy with no new dungeon if my class didn't suck so hardcore, and a viable Stamina build wasn't a legend that became a myth.

1H/Shield Melee DPS Templar BTW.
    "Now I stand, the lion before the lambs and they do not fear. They can not fear." --Arthas Menethil (aka, The Lich King)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    crislevin wrote: »

if this is how future goes, this game's solo players, will be out of content and out of reason to sub.

Exactly! That is my entire reason for creating this thread. Where is the solo content? The last update was filled with tons and tons of group dungeons and content. The game needed the content and I am glad it was added.

We did NOT need more group content with this upcoming content update. We needed more solo/duo content. Unfortunately, it is far easier for ZOS to convert an existing dungeon into a Veteran group content dungeon than it is to create a new solo/duo delve. Consequently, we officially have an update with new content which is the absolute bare minimum they could deliver and not be met with accusations of the false advertising about not releasing new content.

Personally, I am surprised more people aren't complaining about the lazy, cop out it is to claim this Veteran dungeon as new content. That's like telling your significant other you are taking them on a cruise when you really only plan on getting on a small boat and taking a sightseeing tour of the harbor.
    Edited by LonePirate on June 17, 2014 2:27AM
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't feel the veteran dungeon isn't new content. It's specifically aimed at the long-term, group oriented players. Makes sense to me.

I'm not always grouping myself. And I cannot say I feel that there is enough solo content in this game. I wish that with every patch, they released a new minor quest in each alliance. Something short and sweet. Keep it growing.

But beyond player housing and other 'collectible' type mechanics, or a daily-quest based system (which they seem to be avoiding wholesale), I'm not sure what could be made for solo players that wouldn't be better off focused as group content first?
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Doctoruniverse
    Doctoruniverse
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair its more then what other MMO's are getting ( every 6 weeks).

Its the clunky combat system and bugs that is killing the game.
  • crislevin
    crislevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But beyond player housing and other 'collectible' type mechanics, or a daily-quest based system (which they seem to be avoiding wholesale), I'm not sure what could be made for solo players that wouldn't be better off focused as group content first?

make their group content scalable to size of groups, including solos, they can lower the reward, but nonetheless should let people explore.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

make their group content scalable to size of groups, including solos, they can lower the reward, but nonetheless should let people explore.

I'm not against that. In another post, I argued for players to be given the option to complete the other zones as level 50's, with level 50 enemies. This wouldn't reward them with veteran ranks, or would at a far lower pace, but it would allow players that don't enjoy the difficulty increase to continue playing.

Providing that same option to all solo dungeons, group dungeons and the instanced dungeons should be another step in the right direction, allowing players to play to their content, receiving rewards for what they do.

Personally, veteran content has almost forced me to up my game and get better, and it's been a rough road.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First lets see what the new Update brings. I'm sure those 1.2 patch notes are not including half the things.
  • Tripp3r
    Tripp3r
    ✭✭✭
    I know a bunch of you are going to go off at me for saying this..
    but I've tried to be optimistic about ESO since the beta, it's fun and everything, and I've managed to get my character to VR3 but honestly, there's not much to do other than AvA cyradiil, and questing in.. i think I'm in stormhaven at the moment?
    other than that iv'e maxed out BS WW and clothing, i'm a vampire, I'm some sort of daedric looking assassin
    I've got the highest reward tier for my cyradiil campaign.
    but now there's nothing to do seemingly.. i know there's always something to do so to speak.. but all i have to do is quest, it gets boring.. i can't handle more than maybe a couple of hours of it a week.
    so I've come to the conclusion that if no major cool stuff happens in ESO by the end of the month, i'm cancelling my sub until further notice.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us. Some updates will have a large amount of new content or systems, others will focus more on fixes and improvements. Update 1.2 is the latter; it focuses more on fixes and improvements than new content, especially compared to the Craglorn update. That will not always be the case.

We will have at least one more set of patch notes to add to 1.2 before it goes live next week. We are also working on a status update on other game content and systems (such as our plans for stamina/weapon ability builds, Templars, and Heavy and Medium armor) that we hope to share with you this week.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah Tripp3r, you aren't the only one who feels that way. There just isn't a whole lot to do once you've completed the stories.

In hindsight, I wish that I played this game a lot less over the past couple months and just took it slow. I should have treated this game like a game I play on the side, which is unfortunate if you ask me.
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Valn
    Valn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are also working on a status update on other game content and systems (such as our plans for stamina/weapon ability builds, Templars, and Heavy and Medium armor) that we hope to share with you this week.

THANK YOU JESSICA I LOVE YOU PLEASE SHARE THIS WEEK

wait so you're basically working on a report that reports other game content and systems?
    Edited by Valn on June 17, 2014 3:05AM
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We are also working on a status update on other game content and systems (such as our plans for stamina/weapon ability builds, Templars, and Heavy and Medium armor) that we hope to share with you this week.

Thank you as this is most appreciated. This sort of information is exactly what needs to be communicated to the player base. I probably am speaking for a lot of players when I say I wish fixes and items of this nature would take priority over another new (and unwanted) veteran group dungeon.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with us. Some updates will have a large amount of new content or systems, others will focus more on fixes and improvements. Update 1.2 is the latter; it focuses more on fixes and improvements than new content, especially compared to the Craglorn update. That will not always be the case.

We will have at least one more set of patch notes to add to 1.2 before it goes live next week. We are also working on a status update on other game content and systems (such as our plans for stamina/weapon ability builds, Templars, and Heavy and Medium armor) that we hope to share with you this week.

At last!

This is the info I've been waiting for.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valn wrote: »

THANK YOU JESSICA I LOVE YOU PLEASE SHARE THIS WEEK

wait so you're basically working on a report that reports other game content and systems?

That's what she does. Somebody talks to all the different groups, then gives it to the community people to talk to us.

Cause, you know, you want the coders to keep doing their jobs, not getting into forum arguments. At least, that's what I interpret your question to mean.

XBOX NA

• Sethowar
    Sethowar
    ✭✭

I was considering making a big rant thread on this very topic. I really don't understand why you can't keep in contact with your players during the 6-hour patches and for long-term recognition of issues. Just throw us a bone. 1 dude 30 minutes a day, or some sort of dev 'new in ESO this week' vlog. And then just have some running ETAs and explanations for the random server outage durations. I would far prefer you say something slightly wrong early, than total silence until the server is back up.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    90% of the game is solo ..... really? your upset because your maxed chr has nothing to do by itself. arent you sick to death of running around by yourself? you do realize what the Two MM's in MMO stand for?
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I am REALLY impressed.

Lets see what Patch 1.2 and 1.3 will bring.....I sense the force is strong in this one.

@wafcatb14_ESO

I was in EQ from START, 1999 and went with it 7 years I think. Expansion after planes of power? You are BAM right away EQs amazing skill do to dungeons.
    Also, EQ raiding is still something no MMO been able to beat.

But its like Zenimax already heard this, cause look what they have planned. Remapping of dungeons. Changing/adding. And not just high end.

The information they release tells me 2 things. Zenimax thinks long term. And they have understood the value or starting at level 1 again, without feeling like you have to grind 100%, boring things that you done before.

WoW solved this by making stuff easy, so leveling went fast. Ok, fair enough. Great raiding....at least up to Lich king.....the rest they can flush down a toilet somewhere.

I enjoy the game. Even with the bugs that DOES annoy me. But I do see a working company on it.

I think back to the start of SWTOR. No one can argue that SWTOR was anything then AWESOME the first time you played it, went through the newbie quest, some dungeons and learned about the game. I wanted more......

But....for some reason....even if the game was not bad.....if felt like what I saw, was what I got. I didn't see any development.

Like the gamemakers did one HELL of a job making the game. And when they where done....PEW! Finaly done guys...lets take a break.

I don't get that feeling with ESO. Last time I got this.....itch, to keep logging in. To accept the annoying bugs........was Everquest.

I cant put my finger on it, but ESO do have that "drug" that forces you to keep on.

I think patience is whats needed. Cause AGAIN, Zenimax shown they did not just make a game....they keep making it. And keep on, according to their long term plan =)
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think us ESO players need to be aware of how much Info Zenimax is giving us. Compare to other MMOs. Lets give them a little credit for listening to us. And just because we dont hear anything, doesnt mean they dont monitor what we say. They proved.....right now!

If you do not know them. Lets take the giant, WoW. Once a week, servers down, patch. 1-7 hours. No one knows how long.

Patch notes ONLY comes when the servers comes up.

The community forums in WoW has moderators who do answers questions. But mostly what is right or wrong Currently with a skill, or rule or something.

The most they do there is moderate angry kids flames......

I for one is VERY pleased with the amount of info we are getting, cause I get more secure that I don't waste my time in a game where the company don't care.

When it comes to MMOs, I just don't wanna play today. I invest time and money.....where time is more valueble in a game. I want to make as sure as possible that I am here in a few months time as well.

I had to many WOW...this seams great! But lack of work AFTER release from the devs in those games at least made me loose my interest. Even if the game itself was good.

Doac, Age of conan, SWOTR, Vanguard and Warhammer online. A BIT of EQ2....though EQ2 have features that's good even today. I expected Everquest.....which EQ2 was not.

I guess I was one of the few TES fans who love Skyrim, that read one of the 1000 comments from the DEVS that ESO was not Skyrim online. So I didnt expect it to be :-p
    Edited by Cogo on June 17, 2014 5:09AM
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

• dale0404
    dale0404

Am I missing something here? I thought this game was an MMO! Bring more group content all the time in my eyes.

• Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LordEcks wrote: »

Four words:

Lost Dungeons of Norrath.

The raids in there where just.....why doesnt anyone copy that?

18 players. 3 team, 6 players per group. And most raids in there needed all 3 groups to go their separate way. And we didnt have any fancy addons for healing, raid coordination. I led those raids and I tell ye....just putting the groups together......

DANM fun though, and they managed to add a reward system that was personal, and could be used outside guild dkp!

-Voltaire

• Hilgara
    Hilgara
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WoW, to my knowledge this is the first time the stamina v magicka issue has been acknowledged. See wasn't so hard was it?
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.....another one who didnt think they where aware.

When they state things.......we do expect them to follow through.

If this statement was made 1 month ago.....your post right now would not be very positive.

Maybe now they do have a working solution, tested, applied to the big picture, to not make Sorcerers "unplayble".

-Voltaire

• gladen5rwb17_ESO
    gladen5rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    90% of the game is solo ..... really? your upset because your maxed chr has nothing to do by itself. arent you sick to death of running around by yourself? you do realize what the Two MM's in MMO stand for?

MMO means Massive Multiplayer Online. Where does it say, "Massive Multiplayer Must Be Grouped Online?" Massive Mulitplayer Online simply means, multiple people can play online in the same game world.

Very few MMO's force players to group in open world. Most have solo players running around their worlds killing mobs to get to those shinies, materials, chests and other assorted goodies. None that I have ever played forced grouping in the outside world. This is what Dungeons were for.