Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Once again ZOS Customer Relations drops the ball. (Mass Ban of Innocent Players)

Eivar
Eivar
✭✭✭✭
This is absolutely outrageous, mass bans, forums blowing up over wrongful bans, not one word from ZOS. This seems to be their constant philosophy towards dealing with problems, say nothing, destroy all good wil the actual fans of the game have, drive away business, seriously are you guys trying to destroy your own company by making sure everyone gets pissed and gives up on a game with serious potential?
  • Celurian
    Celurian
    ✭✭✭
    Mass bans are better then nothing. I'm happy about it and i guess there will be much more people crying about beiing innocent then they are.
    For everyone else: Really sorry about your ban. But i guess contacting the support if innocent will just solve the problem within 24 hours.
  • phoenixgoldb16_ESO
    24h,some have ban removed after 4day.No its not acceptable to ban many legit player to catch some non legit.
  • canofoder
    canofoder
    Except waiting 24 hours after being banned without warning, without notice, and without any consideration is more than a bit annoying. Being punished is one thing, being punished without explanation or reason is another. I'd have at least expected an e-mail warning about the behavior prior to a mass ban that seems poorly researched and executed.
  • kestrel_mpb16_ESO
    And when you're next, Celurian?

Will you suck up a ban if it means getting 1 or 2 more gold farmers?
    Edited by kestrel_mpb16_ESO on April 18, 2014 9:30PM
  • kimjalunb16_ESO
    Would you still be happy about it if it was your account that was caught up in the mass ban?

I have not actively participated in anything against the TOS and yet my account was flagged and I am now unable to play.

If you are truly happy about the situation will you voluntarily stop playing?
    Log out for 24 hours and join us for cookies and milk.

It is really easy to say you are fine with innocent people being caught in the fire until you are one of the innocent people getting shot.
  • Swoop
    Swoop
    ✭✭✭
    Except that when you are banned you receive no explanation about why it occurred. You simply cannot log in any longer.

All you can do is appeal, but what are you supposed to appeal if you don't even know what you're being accused of?

As such, the innocents flood the forums looking for a shred of understanding, only to be slapped by the high and mighty (who didn't get banned), implying that we deserve it.
  • MrSalty
    MrSalty
    ✭✭
    yeah im sure they are all "random" plz guys accept the consequences from exploiting
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    User base cries and complains endlessly about botters, spammers and dupers. They want something done NOW!!!!

In most cases things can be done correctly or quickly. It is rare that they overlap. It appears the user community convinced Zenimax to act quickly and we are seeing the results.

I feel bad that innocent folks have gotten caught up in this but at the same time I don't believe everyone claiming to be innocent actually is.
    Edited by Dolenz on April 18, 2014 9:37PM
  • Soliduparrow
    Soliduparrow
    ✭✭✭
    If you are banned in game you should be banned form the forums too. Otherwise every time there is a ban wave, it will be impossible to tell if legit players are caught up in it, because all the dupers will just make threads claiming to be innocent.
  • JinShepard01
    JinShepard01
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what Swoop said, I played legit, always have in any and every MMO I have ever played, I go after a few hours break to play some during the evening, I try to login, doesnt let me, so I try my password 10 times more, typing it in slow motion, doesnt work.

Finally I click the link go to my account, so I try to log in, you are suspended, suspended? Why? I check my email, nothing.

I go to the forum and I see 10 threads going, iam thinking what the ***! So I read and I learn about this item duping, never experienced it ingame and I havent even seen people talking about it in barrens chat.

I make a appeal, ask why they banned me, that i never heard about this item duping, but in the end, iam duped and the rest like me, with no answer, no reason, nothing. Awesome way to treat players this way.
    Why do people complain?
    ''Because players want to provide feedback and help shape a product they still see as having the potential to be great.''
  • Oavind
    Oavind
    If you are banned in game you should be banned form the forums too. Otherwise every time there is a ban wave, it will be impossible to tell if legit players are caught up in it, because all the dupers will just make threads claiming to be innocent.

No actually that would be counter-productive. In this case, as I know personally from being wrongfully banned, if we couldn't report it here they surely would never know about the problem. This is an absolute outrage, the ban system that they patched in today is not working as intended. It's obvious at this point.
  • Jukken
    Jukken
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not banned, but my brother and my friend just got suspened...and they certainly never exploted anything. Rediculous.
    I guess if this is what is going to continue, I'll just cancel my subscription. Too bad.
    Edited by Jukken on April 18, 2014 9:42PM
  • Swoop
    Swoop
    ✭✭✭
    If my suspension was accompanied by any kind of explanation from ZOS what-so-ever (via email) or other medium, I wouldn't be here wondering what in oblivion is going on!!!

Secondly, I never item duped, nor do I know how.

Thirdly, most are assuming this ban wave was due to item duping, but I have yet to see a post from Zenimax stating this is the reason.

For now, I am assuming that most here are innocent. There have been previous bans, but never before did you see the forums flooded with this topic.
  • BenjaminKacher_ESO
    BenjaminKacher_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You guys realize anyone affected by the bug that removed bank slots (and also sent you dupe promo items) got banned right? Because the game sent you dupe items ... you (and me) got banned from the game.

So yeah... glad I got that bug causing me to lose 30k + items + bank slots to get a 2nd monkey that caused me to get banned a week later. But hey, atleast they claim to have fixed that bug in this last patch... so when this ban gets reversed I'll be able to buy bank slots... except i was told not to
    "In the mean time, we ask that you please refrain from purchasing more bank slots as they may interfere with the restoration process. We have had some success with the previous patch where some player's items have been returned, and we hope for more success in the next one." - Rin The Elder Scrolls Online Team
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have never duped an item or cheated in any way, I take the time to report gold sellers when i see them in zone chat and the in game mails i receive, the only thing I can think of is I bought some motifs off the guild store, i'm a member of a 500 person trade guild), and if the item i was bought was a duped item, but then why would >I< be banned for that? was I supposed to be able to tell or something?
  • Slye44
    Slye44
    Dolenz wrote: »
    I feel bad that innocent folks have gotten caught up in this but at the same time I don't believe everyone claiming to be innocent actually is.

Likely not, but from the amount of threads on this subject, I can guarantee you more innocents got banned than dupers. Dupers don't come en masse and complain about getting banned.

I would have preferred a rollback to this.

• Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think people need to understand one thing.

You don't necessarily need to be banned today because of the exploit, it could have a totally different reason but today their ban wave stroke as it was necessary to get rid of those who used the bug in the past 24 hours.

Game companies usually ban in waves, they collect the data of several weeks and then ban everyone on the list. You might feel innocent now as you didn't use the bank bug, but maybe you did something a while ago?

It can be as simple as selling bites, trading with a gold seller, being part of a guild where the bank was abused and you took stuff that was previously duped by your guild mates, harassing someone in a dungeon, doing false reports...

I learned one thing in over 15 years of online gaming. Nobody is really innocent, people just measure their own behavior in a different way and often don't know they did wrong.

If you feel that your ban is wrong, you have every right to complain at the support guys that manage the accounts. This forum here however, is the wrong place for it.
  • Dolenz
    Dolenz
    ✭✭✭
    Slye44 wrote: »

Likely not, but from the amount of threads on this subject, I can guarantee you more innocents got banned than dupers. Dupers don't come en masse and complain about getting banned.

I doubt that is the case but there is honestly no way that either of us can know for sure.
    Edited by Dolenz on April 18, 2014 9:49PM
  • Veracruz
    Veracruz
    No kidding, you all whine and complain about being banned, But I know, and you know, that you likely exploited the duping bug and now your in the position you are. Zenimax seems quite aware.

Sure, perhaps there's afew randoms who received too many of the duped items and got flagged, I don't know much about, but if you are innocent that would suck.

However the situation is much more likely to be: that you are all indeed dupers, and some may have duped one thing, but it wasn't your place to try it, nor to exploit it.
  • Vikes546b16_ESO
    Celurian wrote: »
    Mass bans are better then nothing. I'm happy about it and i guess there will be much more people crying about beiing innocent then they are.
    For everyone else: Really sorry about your ban. But i guess contacting the support if innocent will just solve the problem within 24 hours.

HAHAHAHAHA... *sighs and sheds a tear*

You haven't actually tried to contact support, have you? Yeah, 24 hours...
  • Bunk
    Bunk
    ✭✭✭
    Dupers don't come en masse and complain about getting banned.

Yeah, the guilty NEVER try to profess their alleged innocence.

idiot
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Audigy wrote: »
    I think people need to understand one thing.

You don't necessarily need to be banned today because of the exploit, it could have a totally different reason but today their ban wave stroke as it was necessary to get rid of those who used the bug in the past 24 hours.

Game companies usually ban in waves, they collect the data of several weeks and then ban everyone on the list. You might feel innocent now as you didn't use the bank bug, but maybe you did something a while ago?

It can be as simple as selling bites, trading with a gold seller, being part of a guild where the bank was abused and you took stuff that was previously duped by your guild mates, harassing someone in a dungeon, doing false reports...

I learned one thing in over 15 years of online gaming. Nobody is really innocent, people just measure their own behavior in a different way and often don't know they did wrong.

If you feel that your ban is wrong, you have every right to complain at the support guys that manage the accounts. This forum here however, is the wrong place for it.

I'm sorry but that's complete ***, yes people always think they are innocent, but really? selling bites is not against TOS, I revile gold sellers and their effect on in game currency inflation, i don't harass people, i just play the game....and as far as taking something from the guild bank that someone else duped, unless you know specifically that they did how does that make you "guilty" it's amazing what some people will rationalize.

As for the 'this is the wrong place to do it" this is a forum, a customer service forum........they make this forum for customer service issues......gee like getting wrongfully banned......maybe!
  • BlackChoc
    BlackChoc
    Yeah fine for you people who haven't been banned to say stuff like "contact support" but their support is pathetic, 8 times I have contacted support for other issues since release and NOT ONCE have they EVER replied. I have had to sort it out myself every time with help from the community but for me to be PERMA BANNED for ??????????????? If they are going to keep doing this kind of thing then improve your support!!!!!!
    Edited by ZOS_SilviaS on April 18, 2014 10:52PM
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭

Cheaters consistently complain about being banned and profess innocence. That said, I have never in my MMO career seen this sort of outcry, which leads me to believe a large portion of the people complaining are being honest.

I've also never seen such a silent dev team. It's kind of odd.
  • Eivar
    Eivar
    ✭✭✭✭
    @putok i don't blame the dev team, most of the time in a corporate situation they are constrained by PR departments, but seriously whoever is in charge of that apparently has no idea what they are doing, between all the unannounced maintenance during early release and complete lack of any kind of public notice about this ban situation, i would expect they'll be getting fired soon.
  • Jack_Beauregard
    So welcome to this forum, where you are guilty until your innocence is proven. In dubio contra reo.

I have no clue what I shall have duped or how but hey I am a criminal, let's face it. Must be, I got banned and noone ever in this world has ever been banned from a computer game and was innocent because game developers never make mistakes, you know?
  • Blackjakalb14_ESO
    This is how people in prison who actually didn't do it feel... I'd pretend I'm done with the game like most everyone making empty threats will do. Honestly I'd just like to continue blacksmithing.

I didn't do anything, that'll show in the end, but I do want some compensation for the BS.
  • alexandm83
    Guys what the hell is going on. I'm also one of the guys getting a ban. I played the game earlier today, and now i cant log in at all. 1. What am i beeing banned for? i got no clue. I actualy haven't cheated in any way? and if i have what the hell have i done? I know i have logged out while in loading screen couse the loading screen has freezed. but that isn't realy my fault. My connection is stable and my computer is fully operational. If that is what Zenimax explains as a goldfarmer/bot behaviour. then they have to fix their god damn servers to not freeze in the loading screen.
  • TurkeyBurgers
    TurkeyBurgers
    ✭✭
    By the eight divines you have done it!

You have closed the gates of dupelivion!
    Edited by TurkeyBurgers on April 18, 2014 10:04PM
  • Shillen
    Shillen
    ✭✭✭
    BlackChoc wrote: »
    Yeah fine for you people who haven't been banned to say stuff like "contact support" but their support is pathetic, 8 times I have contacted support for other issues since release and NOT ONCE have they EVER replied. I have had to sort it out myself every time with help from the community but for me to be PERMA BANNED for ??????????????? is BULLSH#T. If they are going to keep doing this kind of thing then improve your support!!!!!!

Your email must be blocking their messages. I've put 3 tickets in and every one was responded to within a few hours.

Please LOL my comments. I'm an aspiring comedian.