The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(In)Complete List of Quest Choice Results (Major, major spoilers!)

ShinChuck
ShinChuck
✭✭✭
Tired of agonizing over an undoable choice that could potentially ruin your character that you've spent hours and hours on? Let's make a list of all the choices and their outcomes, so we know for the future, and others who are struggling have some information to help them make an informed choice!

Feel free to post your experiences, and over time I'll add them to the main post, and hopefully we'll eventually have a well-rounded guide drawn up.

I've added a table of contents to keep it a bit clearer and to at a glance show what is complete.

Table of Contents:

Stross M'Kai
Like Moths to a Candle (Stross M'Kai) – Both Choices' Short-term Results

Betnihk
Tormented Souls (Betnihk) – First Choice's Short-term Results
Daughter of the Seamount (Betnihk) – Second Choice's Short-term Results
Carzog's Demise (Betnihk) – Second Choice's Short-term Results

Glenumbra
Legacy of Baelborne Rock (Glenumbra) – First Choice's Short-term Results
A Mysterious Curio (Glenumbra) – Second Choice's Short-term Results

Stormhaven
Revenge Against Rama (Stormhaven) – First Choice's Short-term Results

Rivenspire
Under Siege – Both Choices' Short-term Results, Second Choice's Longterm Results
The Blood-Splattered Shield – Second Choice's Short-term Results

Stross M'Kai
Like Moths to a Candle (Stross M'Kai)
Context: At the end of the quest, Lerisa has sneaked into Captain Helane's cabin, posing as her abused cabin girl, and poisoned Helane with the captain's own poison, a particularly brutal concoction that will eat her from the inside out, leading to a slow, painful, gruesome death. Helane stumbles, falls to the floor, and begins writhing as her eyes go blank.

Choice 1: Give Helane the Antidote.
Short-term Effect: After giving Helane the antidote, interacting with her states <Her struggles ease as the antidote quickly takes effect. She will likely live.> followed by <Captain Helane is unconscious but still breathing.> Crafty Lerisa will berate you, warning you she'll shipwreck and kill again, but that at least Helane won't mess with Lerisa again.

Choice 2: Leave (Let Helane Die)
Short-term Effect: Upon leaving the room, that step of the quest will complete, displaying "Completed: Leave (Let Helane Die)". At this point, you can't go back into the room to administer the antidote (or watch Helane die). Lerisa will be pleased, telling you that the people sailing the waters will be glad to hear Helane's dead.

Longterm Effects: Unknown

Betnihk
Tormented Souls (Betnihk)
Context: After obtaining the ancient orc war horn, the ghost of Warchief Targoth asks you to put it in it's rightful place at his tomb in order to release the spirits of the orcs who are chained to the place.

Choice 1: Place the War Horn on Targoth's Tomb.
Short-term Effect: Targoth thanks you, and the orc spirits can finally rest.

Choice 2: Leave with the Horn
Short-term Effect: Unknown.

Longterm Effects: Unknown.

Daughter of Seamount (Betnihk)
Context: Lokra is an orc who wants to adventure, but is being pushed into an arranged marriage with the war chief from another clan. After talking to the appropriate people, you'll be tasked with going back to Lokra and advising her on a course of action.

Choice 1: "Your marriage is vital to your clan. There is honor in doing your duty."

Choice 2: "Your life is your own. Sail with us and see the world, if that's what you want."
Short-term Effect: Lokra is thrilled, and decides to join Captain Kaleen's crew. She promises to first tell her family, rather than just slip away in the night.

Carzog's Demise (Betnihk)
Context: After obtaining the relic, Kaleen's ship splits into two factions. Kaleen's group wants to keep the relic, believing it can protect the Daggerfall Covenant. Lambur's party believes that it's too dangerous, having killed and enslaved the souls of numerous orcs and raised Orsinium in the past. Both groups offer compelling arguments.

Choice 1: Keep the relic.

Choice 2: Banish the relic into the spirit realm.
Short-term Effect: Kaleen's group is furious with you, and Kaleen removes you from her crew. Lambur's people are relieved. Chief Tazgul is thrilled, and agrees to join the Covenant.

Tazgul orders Kaleen to offer you passage to Daggerfall, while the crew will offer their opinions on the matter. Some are furious with you, some are furious with Kaleen, and others seem fairly apathetic, many going their own ways.

Glenumbra
Legacy of Baelborne Rock (Glenumbra)
Context: Athel Baelborne has inhereted some land, but it is cursed by the former lover of his father. His grandmother didn't want his father with a servant girl, Claudie. His father lied about their relationship, and so the servant girl and their unborn child were locked away to die in a tower, and the servant girl cursed both the family and the property with misfortune.
Claudie made a pact with a daedra to curse the Baelborne family and to "save" their son, the son being saved by being made a slave to the daedra.

Choice 1: Break the Curse.
Short-term Effects: After defeating the daedra, Claudie's spirit will lament her son's fate. However, upon reaching the towel, you'll find her son freed of the daedra and optimistic about the future. Athel meanwhile pledges to turn over a new leaf for the Baelbornes and not be a brutal coward like his ancestors, starting by sparing Claudie's son rather than tie up that loose end.

Choice 2: Tell Athel Baelborne to leave.
Short-term Effects: Unknown.

A Mysterious Curio (Glenumbra) – First Choice's Short-term Results
Context: An Ayleid spirit has been trapped for years after opposing the Alessians. Upon freeing him, you're given two options.

Choice 1: "You should pass on to Aetherius. The time of the Ayleids is over."

Choice 2: "Seeing how the world has changed might interest you."
Short-term Effects: The Ayleid Ghost says truer words have never been spoke and thanks you for setting him free, but warns you that "not everything you meet in ancient catacombs shall be as cordial as I" and awards you with 116 gold.

Stormhaven
Revenge Against Rama (Stormhaven)
Context: Rama provoked the goblins into attacking, which resulted in numerous deaths when they took over the city, and then fled when it came time for justice. It's hinted by a nearby book that he may have obtained a Daedric sword that corrupted his mind. His cousin gives you two options, the second one involving taking the fake sword and lying to Watch Captain Ernard about having killed Rama.

Choice 1: Confront Rama.
Short-term Effects: You will have to fight and defeat Rama. His cousin says he'll miss Rama, and Watch Captain Ernard will express sadness that it had to come down to that.

Choice 2: Collect Rama's sword.

Rivenspire
Under Siege (Rivenspire)
Context: At the end of the quest, your companion Heloise is clearly turning into a vampire, having already killed some innocent people without knowing it. She begs for you to spare her.

Choice 1: "No, I can't let you go. You have to die."
Short-term Effect: Heloise will agree that it's the safest way and ingest poison, instantly killing herself.

Choice 2: "All right. I'll let you go."
Short-term Effect: Heloise will promise to control herself and live in the wilderness off animals. She hops up and runs off before disappearing.

Longterm Effects: If you spare Heloise, she can later be found in Count Verandis Ravenwatch 's castle, where she claims he's helped rehabilitate her.

The Blood-Splattered Shield (Rivenspire)
Context: Captain Janeve, the Countess's sister, was bitten by a vampire and will turn into one. She begs to be spared.

Choice 1: "I agree with the Countess. We can't take the chance. You have to die."
Short-term Effect: Unknown

Choice 2: "I agree with the Captain. You deserve a chance to prove yourself. We should let you live."
Short-term Effect: The Countess berates you, saying that she might not be able to accept "this vampire" as Janeve, but agrees to spare her for now.

Longterm Effects: Unknown
Edited by ShinChuck on April 21, 2014 9:12PM
"It's morally wrong to suggest gameplay changes for an MMO."
...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to fill it out. I added a table of contents, and what we have for each section. Feel free to contribute anything you might know. I'll add it to the original post, and can credit you as well! :)
    ...seriously, someone told me that once here. The things people will do to win their internet arguments!
  • Kiralya
    Kiralya
    Quest: Mysterious Curio
    Zone: Glenumbra
    Short-term Effects: Reward 114 gold.
  • Karithina
    Karithina
    Soul Shriven
    Kiralya wrote: »
    Quest: Mysterious Curio
    Zone: Glenumbra
    Short-term Effects: Reward 114 gold.

The ghost, as well as rewarding you with 114 gold, says "You have shown me that I am as much a relic as the objects in this vault. A thing of the past. Adrift. It is time to go. I shall find Aetherius. And, at long last, peace."
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I was looking for a post like this. Maybe, though, you could put some of the results in spoiler tags? That would keep them hidden until people wanted to see them.

I'll help contribute as well. Sadly, I can't remember the specifics of some of the things I've done earlier, but I'll do what I can.

Glenumbra: The Jeweled Crown of Anton
    The Jeweled Crown of Anton A Daggerfall noble named Lady Laurent seems to be some kind of treasure hunter. Shes exploring the Tomb of Lost Kings to find something to add to her collection. Stibbons, Lady Laurents servant, is concerned that her ladyship hasnt returned from the tomb yet. He asked me to look for her.
    Take the Jeweled, uncursed crown: Stibbons will pick it up and glumly carry it to the tent. When nothing bad happens to him, the Forgotten Seneschal will realize what you did, and cry out that you betrayed him and disappear.

Take the Cursed Crown: Stibbons will pick up the crown to take it into the tent. As it is cursed, he will die, and his ghost will appear, and glumly remark on that fact, though not terribly alarmed or upset. He will then ponder the mysterious pull the tomb seems to have, and go into it. The Forgotten Seneschal will cheer at the fact that he is free, but then starts to wonder what he will do now. He then unhappily realizes that serving is the only thing he knows how to do, and goes into Stibbon's body. Lady Laurent, not realizing what had happened, chides him for 'fooling around', and the Forgotten Seneschal, now assuming Stibbon's identity, glumly carries the crown into the tent.

Stormhaven; Sir Hughs Fate
    After murdering Duchess Lakana, Sir Hughes fled to Firebrand Keep. I've come to confront him and if necessary, bring him to justice for his crimes. Sir Hughes has fallen into a deep sleep in the infirmary beneath Firebrand Keeps Great Hall. I need to go down and speak with the healer, Odette, about Sir Hughes condition.
    Let him live: The Duke agrees that there has been enough bloodshed, and agrees to let Hughes go. Instead, he strips him of his job and titles, and banishes him from the town. Hughes is completely broken and horrified by what he has done, and says it would've been better if you had killed him. The healer and other knight think that you made the right choice. The Redguards say that they will go back to their king, and hopefully everybody can just grieve for their loss, and put the whole thing behind them.

Long term effects: Will add as I see them. For now, her sister, Queen Maraya, comments that if the murder had happened in her homeland, the murderer would be dead already. But, as he was not in his right mind at the time, she wonders if this was more civilized, and it gives her something to think about.

EDIT: At the end of the Stormhaven quest area, while in the throne room with the king and several high ranking members of the court, the Duke will be there, and mention that he's glad you chose to save Sir Hughs, who is currently doing penance at an Abbey.

He should pay for his crimes: Unknown

Also, as a side note, when trying to get into the library, if you take the longer route and let Sir Gregory know that his wife is cheating on him so you you can get past him, he'll show up in the tavern in wayrest, having left his wife. He's pretty mad at her, but has a good job now and thanks you for revealing the truth to him.

Stormhaven: One Last Game
    In the Wayrest graveyard, I found the last Will and Testament of a scholar named Frodibert Fontbonne. Frodibert challenged his son Donel to solve a riddle to claim his inheritance. Donel gave up, but maybe I can solve the riddle.
    Keep the Inheritance: Unknown. I assume you get the money and that's it.

Find the rightful owner: You go to a guard, and find that Donel is out on the battlefields. The guard promises to get the inheritance to him, is impressed by your honesty and wit, and gives you a bit of gold. Long term effect unknown.
    Edited by Runefell on June 15, 2014 4:41PM
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• ShinChuck
    ShinChuck
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post! Glad to see someone else cares about the story results; we were a bit surprised we seemed to be the only ones!

I'll go back and add spoiler tags, the info you've given me, and we have some more to add as well (my wife is assisting me, and sometimes we end up making different choices!).

Sorry it's been a few days. My forum access was randomly suspended for about two weeks, and they only just now re-enabled it. Whoops!
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokra joins the crew for a very long time and you get to see her over and over again if you choose to let her venture. e.g. She shows up on the docks of Alik'r when you first arrive.

Carzog's
    Keep the Relic
    Jakarn's group (w/ Lerissa and Neramo? couldn't remember) hates you for being so naive that you kept a the time bomb. Tazgul feels that it's a wrong decision but considering you helped Betnikh, he hopes he's judgement is wrong and joins the Covenant.
    Long term effects, these crew members will reappear in the game, their dialogues may differ but ultimately still provide you the quests. (e.g. I destroyed the relic and met Kaleen's group in Shornhelm, they expressed anger but still needed the Vestige's help in freeing Kaleen)

Legacy of Baelborne
    Answering the Mysterious Man (Her son) questions correctly allows you to skip going to Claudia's grave.
    Tell Baelborne to leave.
    You will fight 2 mercenaries.
    Fate of the spirit is unknown. A Dremora appears at the cliff overlooking Glenumbra forest and awards you. He says that he will keep his end of the deal, and that the kid serves him well. (I forgot but I think he gives you a feeling that its all part of a plan, without disclosing much.)

Jeweled Crown of Anton
    Replacing Stibbons with the spirit will unlock future dialogue options where Stibbons will tell you that "you know who I really am". This option does not affect Coldharbor however. I suspect such options lasts for 1-2 sequels of the quest, and the next choice would affect the latter.
    Edited by Aeradon on May 21, 2014 4:52AM
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Runefell
    Runefell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies. This one has the Khajiit Speak addon enabled, so the choice options aren't going to be accurate, just summaries.

Stross M'Kai: Moment of Truth
    Dugroth was sent by his mother to prove his courage. He'd like me to help him.
    Tell him to follow his passion in blacksmithing, he's not cut out for warfare: He'll wholeheartedly agree. Later, in Port Hunding, one can find him happily working away.

Tell him he'll make a great warrior: ??? This one assumes it's not going to have the most ideal results.

Betnihk: Unearthing the Past
    You've entered King King Renwic's vision. These choices aren't game altering (as far as this one knows), but you only get one chance at each prisoner. If you choose the wrong one, they won't talk any more, and you'll have to kill them and interrogate their spirit. Here's the answers for those that wish to avoid such bloodshed.
    Queen Nurese:
    Tell me what magic your husband has planned, or you die- She refuses to talk
    Are there any Breton Knights unaccounted for?- She refuses to talk.
    Tell me what magic your husband has planned or your daughter dies- She talks

Drago Auberdine:
    Tell me how to get to the King- Refuses to talk
    Tell me what magic the king plans- Brags about the plan
    What were the Kings last orders?- Refuses to talk

Frederique Lynielle:
    Tell me how to reach the king, or more will die- Refuses to talk
    If you really want to end this, tell me- Confesses the plan
    Tell me who can open the door, and I won't hurt you- Refuses to talk

Princess Visanne:
    Your father can't control what he is about to summon, help me stop him- Refuses
    Tell me about the spell, or I will hurt you- Refuses
    Tell me how to open the doors, or I will kill your mum- Confesses

Note that you only need to uncover two truths.

Stormhaven; The Sower Reaps
    Decide Baron Sorick's fate, after he planted the eggs to exterminate the dreaughsiders.
    Take the money and say nothing: ??? This one assumes you get money, and he remains unpunished.

Refuse the money and state that you're going to expose him: ???

(Intimidate) Threaten him into making things right: He admits that you're pretty tough looking, and agrees reluctantly to compensate the villagers for this 'minor inconvenience', then declares he's leaving this mudpit, the king will have to find somebody else to rule this pigpen. You get 185 gold and Lord Sorick's Pauldrons

Stormhaven: The Gate to Quagmire
    The Supernal Dreamers performed a ritual on Muzgu that infused a Daedric spirit into his body. Hes contained it for now, but its gaining strength. If the spirit takes control of him, it will combine its powerful magic with his own. Many will die. Muzgu asked me to kill him. He thinks thats the only way to prevent the Daedric spirit from being unleashed. Maybe theres a way to save him, but the longer we delay, the greater the risk of the spirit taking over.
    Kill him: ??? This one assumes you kill him. Since you ask how you should do so, Runefell is assuming it's going to be in some convoluted fashion.

Try to find another way: He'll direct you to take a scroll, which allows you to take control of a sleeping cultist. You then lead the somewhat confused cultist back to Muzgu, where he expels the Daedric Spirit into the trapped cultist, killing the chap. You then have to step into a portal and kill the Daedric Spirit. When you come back out, Muzgu congratulates you on your victory, and thanks you for saving his life.

Stormhaven: King Aphrens Sword
    King Aphrens Sword The mage Blaise Pamarc asked me to recover the artifact, King Aphrens Sword, from the ruins. Theres just one problem: the spirits have awakened and block my path. I must find and recover the three pieces of the sword.
    Give the sword to Princess Mira: She realizes her father is sincere, and goes up to him. They have a touching reunion, the sword is broken forever, and they find peace. Amusingly enough, if you're a sorcerer and you have summoned creatures, they will both parrot the 'I forgive you... father' line in the chatbox, if you have NPC chat enabled.

The King doesn't deserve forgiveness/Take the sword back to the mage: ???

And as a note in the Revenge against Rama quest:
    There's a lorebook in the cave after you kill Rama, if you so choose that path like Runefell did, that mentions the ebony blade and how it twists your desires. This one is now wondering if the sword caused him to go mad. Runefell wishes she had seen that this quest was already half explored, as she would've picked the other half.
    Edited by Runefell on May 26, 2014 12:59AM
    Rune Fell- Dunmer Mag Sorcerer (DC)~The Adventurer
    Runed Claws- Khajiit Stam Dragonknight (DC) ~The Tank
    Rain Fell- Argonian Mag Templar (EP)~ The Healer
    Dragon Talon- Bosmer Stam Nightblade (AD) ~ The DPS

• sagesourceb16_ESO
    sagesourceb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    In Karzog's Demise, one of the strongest voices against keeping the relic is that of Master Kazan. He considers Kaleen's wish to retain and use it as further proof that she has become too attached to the cause of the Daggerfall Covenant.

King Aphren's Sword

The King doesn't deserve forgiveness. You take the sword back to the mage.

If you tell the king that the sword is yours now and that you have promised it to the mage, he will be horrified but will admit there is nothing he can do about it and that he might not deserve any consideration in any case. He reforges the sword and gives it to you, pleading that you at least consider visiting his daughter's tomb before you go. If you leave then and offer the sword to the mage, the mage speaks with a good deal of contempt about the King's repentance, and says he does not deserve anything (this mage, to be frank, is an arrogant jerk). At this point, you have one last chance to tell the mage that you are going to return the sword to the daughter's tomb. If you persist in giving it to him, he rewards you with the ring King Aphren's Seal and 196 gold (I was level 23), and remarks that you'll probably never meet again.

Edited by sagesourceb16_ESO on July 9, 2014 2:57AM
  • Whisper292
    Whisper292
    ✭✭✭
    Legacy of Baelborne Rock (Glenumbra)

Choice 2: Tell Athel Baelborne to leave.
    Short-term Effects: Aethel storms off in a huff, accidentally steps off a cliff, and falls to his death. The Dremora appears at the top of the cliff and tells you that his master (whom he does not identify) has assigned him to carry out the curse Claudie has put on the estate and that he will continue to do so until it no longer suits him and his master.

Longterm Effects: None. Nothing about this quest seems to come up again in the DC questline.

The Blood-Splattered Shield (Rivenspire)

Choice 2: "I agree with the Captain. You deserve a chance to prove yourself. We should let you live."
    Short-term Effect: The Countess berates you, saying that she might not be able to accept "this vampire" as Janeve, but agrees to spare her for now.

Longterm Effects: Janeve shows up at Ravenwatch Castle later on.

Edited by Whisper292 on July 9, 2014 8:22PM
    ---
    Love all, trust few, do wrong to no one. - William Shakespeare
  • Atarax
    Atarax
    ✭✭✭
    Note, since it looks like this one isn't being maintained anymore, I've created a consolidated thread for all factions. I'll pull the information here into that thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/125726/spoilers-quest-choices-full-list-all-factions#latest
    50 Bosmer Nightblade
    50 Breton Sorcerer
    50 Dunmer Dragonknight
    50 Imperial Templar
    50 Khajit Nightblade
    50 Imperial Dragonknight
    50 Altmer Sorcerer
    50 Argonian Templar

Discussions of Interest:
    Class Balance in 1.6
    Quest Choices
    Request to Reinstate Night's Silence and Dark Stalker stacking